• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird to see this narrative take form. Like, I remember the pervasive discussion among hardcore con weebs like 10+ years ago was that Vic was a total creeper and complete drama queen. And those discussing his creepiness definitely weren't what would be considered "SJWs", just people Vic had creeped out.

Hell, it was first brought to my attention that he was behaving inappropriately on /cgl/ on 4chan over a decade ago, of all places, long before tumblr was a thing. But these people aren't paragons of logic, and to them any attempt to act on long standing issues regarding a man's behavior are just screeching harpies looking to make noise about something. Fuck 'em.

Didn't see this posted before, Kami-Con has canceled his appearance at their 2019 con.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I didn't expect Haberkorn to turn out to be such a massive creep and a rapist. Unlike the Vic stuff, that shocks me. He needs to get kicked to the curb, too.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
That Kami-Con post is too dismissive of what Vic's being accused of. But good end result all the same.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I don't really like the way Kami-Con phrased that either. Just goes to show that cons really need to stick to their word after this year.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I didn't expect Haberkorn to turn out to be such a massive creep and a rapist. Unlike the Vic stuff, that shocks me. He needs to get kicked to the curb, too.

Haberkorn needs to be dropped by conventions, companies such as Marvel, Netflix and Funimation and talent agencies that represents Haberkorn: http://animenyc.com/guests-nyc/2019toddhaberkorn/

TODD HABERKORN

As a multi-award-winning actor behind the mic, on camera, and on stage, Todd Haberkorn has had the pleasure of working in a variety of mediums in the entertainment industry. The LA-based actor is also a director for companies like Marvel, Netflix, and Funimation as well as a producer for production groups like Geek & Sundry. And he's even the voice of some fun toys like the Meccanoid robots, winners of the top prize at CES and America's Most Innovative Toy of the Year Award.

In the animated world, Todd eats fire on a regular basis as Natsu Dragneel in Fairy Tail. He's also Haruka Nanase in Free!, Ling Yao in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Italy in Hetalia, Death the Kid in Soul Eater, Allen Walker in D.Gray-man, Izumi Kusunagi in K, Betelgeuse Romanee-Conti in Re:Zero, Kimihiro Watanuki in xxxHolic, Tierno in Pokemon, Hikaru Hitachin in Ouran High School Host Club, Grey Matter in the Ben 10, Sparrow Hood in Ever After High, Elfonso in Sofia the First, and many others. And he even got to do the infamous "and I would have gotten away with too…" villain line in an episode of Scooby Doo!

As far as video games go, you'd recognize his voice in the Call of Duty Series, Persona, World of Warcraft, Street Fighter IV, Ghostbusters, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Borderlands 2, and Rage, to name a handful. And his voice get its marathon training as an award-winning narrator for audiobooks. Do a Google search and you'll find everything from thrillers and young adult to zombie sagas and children's books he's narrated. He even recently won a SOVAS award for best narration of a classic novel.

As far as on camera is concerned, see him in the internationally-recognized and award-winning Star Trek Continues as Spock. You can also catch Todd on Otaking Heads, a weekly look inside the world of anime with top industry guests and fun games – catch it on Geek & Sundry!

When he isn't fighting digital monsters in video games or trying to save the day on film, Todd travels the US and internationally making appearances at gnarly pop culture conventions as a guest to meet super cool fans and sign autographs. He is represented by The Horne Agency, LMTalent, Entertainment13, Go Voices Talent Agency, and VOX USA.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
That Kami-Con post is too dismissive of what Vic's being accused of. But good end result all the same.

It's a bit milquetoast, but I have a wee bit of sympathy as it's difficult legal tightrope to walk. It'd have been better just to have said something along the lines of "We have cancelled Vic Mignogna's attendance at Kami-Con 2019. We apologize to any fans disappointed by this cancellation."

They've tried to put a bit of context around it and since they can't say anything accusatory it sounds bad.

Waldini

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (permanent) Victim Blaming, Concern Trolling, Dismissing Sexual Assault
I don't know what to think ... this shit about abusive/harrasment/rape/antisemitism has gotten out of hand.
Ever since people felt the need to suddenly speak out about stuff that happened 10~15 years ago ... men and womens lives have been destroyed. Now, let me get one thing straight .. I'm not OK with whatever the fuck happened to the victims by said person ... but, is this really needed? I feel people have become so fucking over-sensitive to this shit it's not even funny.

Actors, directors, voice-actors, sportsmen/sportswoman got their carreers destroyed because of these things. Now, they shouldn't have done the things they did ... but come one now. Where does this stop? Why feel the need to suddenly speak up about things that happened 10 (or more) years ago? If it made THAT much of an impact, speak your fucking mind instead of shutting the fuck up. Clearly it wasn't that big of a deal years ago.

Example;
Girl/guy goes to an event. Girl/guy meets his hero. Hero suddenly makes a move and hugs girl/guy and (might be an accident) touches his/her ass in the process. Girl/guy fanboys and screams, thanks his/hero for the time and leaves. Years later, the girl/guy sees an article about ... well, harrasment and misconduct and that it has gained ground the last couple of months. Girl/guy remembers things that happened years prio ... girl/guy speaks about it.

Example;
My cousin and wife are at a party. My cousin grabs my wife by the waist, yells out that she's a "fine piece of woman" and that I should be proud. He kisses my wife on the cheek and goes on. Should I be worried now? Are these signs of sexual harrasment? Fuck no. I mean, in the Netherlands .. it's not an uncommon thing. Whenever I meet my friends (girls in this case) .. I put my hand on their waist, give 'em 3 kisses on the cheeks and that's it. Pretty common over here.

But sjeesh ; it's like this ball of snow, going downhill and it keeps growing ...

Last edited:

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to think ... this shit about abusive/harrasment/rape/antisemitism has gotten out of hand.
Ever since people felt the need to suddenly speak out about stuff that happened 10~15 years ago ... men and womens lives have been destroyed. Now, let me get one thing straight .. I'm not OK with whatever the fuck happened to the victims by said person ... but, is this really needed? I feel people have become so fucking over-sensitive to this shit it's not even funny.

Actors, directors, voice-actors, sportsmen/sportswoman got their carreers destroyed because of these things.

Why shouldn't he have to suffer the consequences of his own actions? Here's a thought, if people don't want to have their careers ruined by harassment scandals, don't do it. And keep in mind people have been telling their stories about Vic for over a decade and he's still been in work just fine until now. He has continued with this pattern of behavior to this day, these aren't all old accusations. And the line of logic that this is life-ruining stuff is laughable. All too often people get slaps on the wrist or are hired on elsewhere very easily (see John Lasseter and Skydance, for an example).

People in various industries who harass and assault others make the spaces they inhabit inherently unsafe and toxic for those around them. Where is the sympathy for people who act as they should and are forced out of work because companies and fans would rather ignore abuses and defend perpetrators?

Waldini

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Why shouldn't he have to suffer the consequences of his own actions? Here's a thought, if people don't want to have their careers ruined by harassment scandals, don't do it. And keep in mind people have been telling their stories about Vic for over a decade and he's still been in work just fine until now. He has continued with this pattern of behavior to this day, these aren't all old accusations. And the line of logic that this is life-ruining stuff is laughable. All too often people get slaps on the wrist or are hired on elsewhere very easily (see John Lasseter and Skydance, for an example).

People in various industries who harass and assault others make the spaces they inhabit inherently unsafe and toxic for those around them. Where is the sympathy for people who act as they should and are forced out of work because companies and fans would rather ignore abuses and defend perpetrators?

Like I said ... I'm not justifying this stuff ... but the amount of "I got harrased in 2001" stuff that's popping out of the ground like weed is insane..

In Vic's case, yes .. it's a recurring and ongoing thing. Which, imo, is pretty bad and he should face the consequences for sure if these allogations get off the ground. There's multiple cases of young women stating Vic misbehaved ... kissed them on the cheek (which, imo, is pretty innocent) and gropped (ehh, misplaced his arm) 'em.

But, in James Gunn's case ... was it really needed for him to get fired? I mean, the man got shafted because of things he said years ago ... It's like people are oversenstive to this kind of stuff nowadays and it just has to stop ...

I get that women/men talk about what happened years ago ... but why now? Because it's a "hot-thing" to do? Or because it'll get more attention because it's in the news/media more often?

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV

Actors, directors, voice-actors, sportsmen/sportswoman got their carreers destroyed because of these things. Now, they shouldn't have done the things they did ... but come one now. Where does this stop? Why feel the need to suddenly speak up about things that happened 10 (or more) years ago? If it made THAT much of an impact, speak your fucking mind instead of shutting the fuck up. Clearly it wasn't that big of a deal years ago.

Example;
Girl/guy goes to an event. Girl/guy meets his hero. Hero suddenly makes a move and hugs girl/guy and (might be an accident) touches his/her ass in the process. Girl/guy fanboys and screams, thanks his/hero for the time and leaves. Years later, the girl/guy sees an article about ... well, harrasment and misconduct and that it has gained ground the last couple of months. Girl/guy remembers things that happened years prio ... girl/guy speaks about it.

Example;
My cousin and wife are at a party. My cousin grabs my wife by the waist, yells out that she's a "fine piece of woman" and that I should be proud. He kisses my wife on the cheek and goes on. Should I be worried now? Are these signs of sexual harrasment? Fuck no. I mean, in the Netherlands .. it's not an uncommon thing. Whenever I meet my friends (girls in this case) .. I put my hand on their waist, give 'em 3 kisses on the cheeks and that's it. Pretty common over here.

But sjeesh ; it's like this ball of snow, going downhill and it keeps growing ...

Victim blaming is not a valid way to react to this.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Like I said ... I'm not justifying this stuff ... but the amount of "I got harrased in 2001" stuff that's popping out of the ground like weed is insane..

In Vic's case, yes .. it's a recurring and ongoing thing. Which, imo, is pretty bad and he should face the consequences for sure if these allogations get off the ground. There's multiple cases of young women stating Vic misbehaved ... kissed them on the cheek (which, imo, is pretty innocent) and gropped (ehh, misplaced his arm) 'em.

But, in James Gunn's case ... was it really needed for him to get fired? I mean, the man got shafted because of things he said years ago ... It's like people are oversenstive to this kind of stuff nowadays and it just has to stop ...

I get that women/men talk about what happened years ago ... but why now? Because it's a "hot-thing" to do? Or because it'll get more attention because it's in the news/media more often?

I don't recall James Gunn assaulting and raping people, or taking advantange of children and teens.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

I think this is conflating some things together that aren't quite related but are perhaps tangential. James Gunn (not sure why you're bringing him up) by his own admission made jokes that were inappropriate and in poor taste some years ago. He was not, to my knowledge, accused of harassment, and if he were you'd bet I'd prefer him out of the industry before he does more damage. But he wasn't, so it's not really related to this case.

"kissed them on the cheek (which, imo, is pretty innocent)" - Not up to you to determine it's not "bad enough", he's a man old enough to be these girls' father and in most cases they say he didn't ask permission and they felt uncomfortable.
"and gropped (ehh, misplaced his arm)" - "Misplaced" his arm, multiple times, seemingly always on teenage/tween girls. Right.

People are not being oversensitive, they're responding to a real issue that has long been treated as "not that bad" or ignored, much as you're doing now. We've BEEN fucking talking about it, and just now finally are people getting listened to. This should have happened ages ago. If someone is put into a position of power and influence and then abuses others, why do you think they should maintain that position? You say you feel bad for the victims and that they shouldn't have to be subjected to this, but apparently the only thing to be done is continue the status quo.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Example;

Example;

I appreciate the effort atomsk eater put into replying to you, but this is such basic victim blaming garbage that it might as well be trolling.

Also, your cousin does sound like someone to be a little worried about, yeah.

Oct 25, 2017

You go from "I'm not justifying this stuff" to justifying why things he did weren't sexual assault. Come on. You also are posting this in a thread about a guy who a cosplayer said grabbed her hair violently and suggested he wanted to rape her. Y'all are very gross.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Example;

Example;

Are you fucking kidding me

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People, just report the obvious troll and move on not worth engaging with someone who clearly is not arguing in good faith.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

Example;

Example;

As a victim of abuse I can say it's easy to feel shame and powerlessness in coming forward. Asking to report it when it happened is WAYYYY easier said than done.

I feel people are going to reply to this with more eloquence than me so I'm just going to quote something great Idris Elba said recently about all this.

Men don't have anything to worry about if they behave.

Edit: Oh you're banned. Guess it was good I didn't spend too long on this post.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017

Example;

Example;

Okay fuck most of your post but seriously at your examples? Your cousin is fucking disgusting and the fact you think it's normal to grab someone by the waist and comment on them like they are a trophy is ridiculous.

DiGiKerot

Oct 26, 2017

If you can't see the difference between someone making tasteless jokes, and someone who is in a position of power who has the kind of rabid active fanbase who will actively harass their accusers who has and is in a position to actively continue acting inappropriately to actual minors, I don't know what to say to you.

As for why this Vic stuff is coming up now, it's fandom attempting to do some long-overdue cleaning of house in regards to conventions after a series of credible stories came out about someone well-known in the fan community, if not an actual celebrity. That people are finally talking about the Vic stories, which have been going around on-and-off for years, is a result of that.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Example;

Don't ask us, ask your wife and probably the other women in your family who are subjected to this because you and your cousin and all the other men around you insist it's normal.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I did. But I still wanted to put in my low effort post.
Lol that's ok, I know I did that a few times in Era, but after his second post talking about how his cousin harrased his own freaking wife it was pretty clear he was just coming into a thread about a disgusting predator to try to horribly justify sexual harrasment and assault with godawful arguments, with a guise of ''I'm just trying to understand what is going on, can someone explain?''.

There's no arguments to be had with someone like that.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard stuff about Vic for years among forumsgoers and such. Not surprising.

Also I've never liked his voice acting. I just want him to be punished. Glad some conventions are already deciding to kick him off their lists.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Anyone saying "we really shouldn't bring up things from 10-15 years ago" hasn't been paying attention. Vic has continued to act like a creep since he started and people have been talking about it since it started. It just hasn't been this organized and backed up until now. And with Todd? Well... He basically brought it up himself.

Like... It's still bewildering to me Todd basically outed himself. He could have stayed quiet and no one who would go public about it would ever know. It's good we know now so we can hold him accountable and keep people safe but just... Woooow. How do you tell on yourself that hard, with that obviously guilty defense to boot? Not even any attempt to apologize to her either. Just... "Reaaaally guys I'm innocent" when no one actually accused him in a public fashion. Like that's a man who knew he did something bad, not someone who thought it was consensual and didn't realize it wasn't.

Again, all the love and support towards Jessie, I hope she stays strong through this, glad she's taking a break from social media for the weekend for her mental health but sad she has to. And all the love and support towards anyone else victimized by Vic or Todd or any other VA.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hell, it was first brought to my attention that he was behaving inappropriately on /cgl/ on 4chan over a decade ago, of all places, long before tumblr was a thing. But these people aren't paragons of logic, and to them any attempt to act on long standing issues regarding a man's behavior are just screeching harpies looking to make noise about something. Fuck 'em.

Didn't see this posted before, Kami-Con has canceled his appearance at their 2019 con.

/cgl/ was actually what I was talking about, but that 4chan stigma. If you check the archives, you can come across tons of threads of people discussing Vic's behaviour. It's unfortunate that it took this long for things to gain traction.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Wait Haberkorn too? Well fuck, there goes one of my favorite VAs. Why people gotta be shitbags?

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like... It's still bewildering to me Todd basically outed himself. He could have stayed quiet and no one who would go public about it would ever know.

What's so baffling was that his first post got somehow removed......and he REPOST IT.

Strangely, the post was removed. Here it is again:.....

This thread is about Vic, now it's about Todd too.

Good that news of this is getting more exposure.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
You guys should read all of Todd's comments on this post where another VA was accused of rape. There's quite a few.

https://www.facebook.com/hentai.pirate/posts/10153599716595744

My favorite:
FE1pgOP.png

Deleted member 41638

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
It's still bewildering to me Todd basically outed himself.

I imagine if he had stayed quiet and his name came out later people would have said he should have owned it and come out sooner. He was in a lose/lose situation, and because he owned up to it there isn't an air of uncertainty over every male VA.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine if he had stayed quiet and his name came out later people would have said he should have owned it and come out sooner. He was in a lose/lose situation, and because he owned up to it there isn't an air of uncertainty over every male VA.
I mean, if he came out and actually properly apologized instead victim blame like he did I'm sure people would be at least more willing to give him a chance.

All he did was out himself as a huge creep that seemingly has his closet as full of skeletons as Mignogna.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I saw this shared in another thread, but Haberkorn seems incredibly egotistical. Constantly mashes "Haber" plus whatever-else in hashtags (Habermusing, Haberfit), and calls his fans #Kornstars. Some of that stuff could merely be considered "silly" when taken independent from everything else in a vacuum, but takes on a different connotation in this new context. When combined with the self-serving tag he attached to his facebook post and the fact that he shared private messages to his fan audience unprompted, it comes across basically him trying to come out in front of a direct allegation to a loyal fanbase to save face. Seems like it's blowing up in his face instead.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if he came out and actually properly apologized instead victim blame like he did I'm sure people would be at least more willing to give him a chance.

All he did was out himself as a huge creep that seemingly has his closet as full of skeletons as Mignogna.

Yea, I feel even if it was a lose-lose situation, there were better ways than the post he made. Todd is just protecting his image and career, it's obvious from his actions.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You guys should read all of Todd's comments on this post where another VA was accused of rape. There's quite a few.

https://www.facebook.com/hentai.pirate/posts/10153599716595744

My favorite:
FE1pgOP.png

I like Renata Gatti responds:
if it's really important for you to defend your friend... please go to the police and ask them for access on the evidences they collected because i am pretty sure they dont allow victims to keep souveniers.

another thing... i hope you know that are people like YOU who keep women all over the world from reporting rape. it's not that i don't understand you are just trying to have all the information possible. but by doing it so you are accusing Amber, and making her the guilty part on this. and so you are not even following your own belief: innocent until proven guilty.

No responds from Todd after that.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...founder-gen-fukunaga-steps-down-as-gm/.142890

Sort of related, Fukunaga stepped down. Do you guys think that Funimation may step in and do something now?

Well after everything that has been mentioned regarding Funi, I'm just gonna say good riddance.

I like Renata Gatti responds:

No responds from Todd after that.

Daaaamn...good on her for that response, she's right.

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018
I'll go ahead and throw this out here as a lot of folk have. I worked a bunch of south eastern cons and Vic Mignogna was a dirty word among staff. Dude was known for being incredibly hard to work with and demanding. He got shitty with workers, staff and occasionally fans. I didn't start hearing creep talk until a few years ago but it doesn't surprise me. That dude was always hella affectionate with folk and it was offputting. Dude also ran church services at cons dressed in either star trek uniforms or the finest Buckle fashion, which was fucking weird.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced that Gen Fukunaga is out because of this. As the article says it could just be because of the new Sony deal. If it is at least partially because of this though, good.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
I'll go ahead and throw this out here as a lot of folk have. I worked a bunch of south eastern cons and Vic Mignogna was a dirty word among staff. Dude was known for being incredibly hard to work with and demanding. He got shitty with workers, staff and occasionally fans. I didn't start hearing creep talk until a few years ago but it doesn't surprise me. That dude was always hella affectionate with folk and it was offputting. Dude also ran church services at cons dressed in either star trek uniforms or the finest Buckle fashion, which was fucking weird.

What's weird about a middle-aged youth pastor kissing underage girls in photooooooh, yeah I see it now.

I honestly don't get how anybody can defend this piece of shit given all the things he has openly done, even without the accusations.

Oct 25, 2017

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
Now Funimation can open another Kickstarter to redub Escaflowne again for people who want a Blu Ray version that doesn't star a homophobic sex predator.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you actually care about the answers to these things ("I'm not condoning what these people do but also why are the women making such a fuss about it?" pretty much gives you away), and you're banned anyway now, but for what it's worth:

Imagine you have a daughter. She's 12-13 years old. She meets someone whose work she enjoys and who she is personally a fan of. She's excited to be meeting him, getting his autograph, taking a selfie, whatever. He not just indulges in her requests but goes further. Kisses her on the cheek. Puts his hand up her shirt, or around her waist. Comments on what she's wearing, notes that maybe she should dress in something more revealing next time. And he's in his 50s.

That's a lot of weird shit to suddenly take in and process. She's uncomfortable, but doesn't want to be come off that way because she idolizes this guy and if she does anything to mess up this encounter, she'll be embarrassed and it'll be her fault. So she goes along with it. But afterward she still doesn't feel right about it. Maybe she's not sure why that was so weird. Maybe she recognizes that he did cross a line. But she doesn't want to say anything because she doesn't want to get anyone in trouble, she doesn't want to seem like she's making a big deal out of nothing. Maybe it's all in her head. Actually it must be; it's her fault for thinking something weird or wrong just happened. She's just going to put a lid on it. She's definitely not going to tell you, her dad, about it. So she internalizes it, for years, bottling up how weird and uncomfortable that whole situation was, but not knowing what to do with it but blame herself and hope that makes it go away.

It's only over a decade later, when other women -- now grown -- come out with their own experiences dealing with this guy, having similar situations, that your daughter suddenly realizes that what happened to her was not right, was not her fault, and was not the only time this had happened. And suddenly feeling like others would understand what she went through and can give voice to a thing that's been bothering her for years but she could never quite wrap her head around, she realizes that now is the right time and the right environment to finally speak up and say, hey this thing happened to me too, and I'm only now just really able to put it to words.

And as her dad, your response to that is going to be, what, "so why are you just telling me now? Just because it's some trendy thing?"

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Fukanaga stepping down is followed shortly by Funimation dropping Vic and Todd.

EDIT: Another con dropped Vic, this time a DB specific one.

Last edited:

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Update: