• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.mirror.co.uk

Brutal way Ewan McGregor's family learned about his affair

The Hollywood star's daughter appears to have viciously slammed her dad - but how did she find out in the first place?

Mirror.co.uk? Come on bro...

So, his Parler account, that it's not his, but is on his page and he just deleted, echoed some bad things, but it wasn't him because stuff and it's ok because he didn't write it, just echoed it or not.
Am I missing anything?

No it was his Parler account, he never denied that

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need to recast Tidus in FFX-3

Just pretend his vocal cords changed after X-2 due to an unfortunate sports accident at the beach

SrirachaX

Apr 12, 2019
I'm so saddened to see JAT go down this way. Ratchet and Clank is one of my top favorite series and his voicework is so iconic to me (on top of Tidus for FFX) as Ratchet.

Sun_Gaming_YT

Oct 25, 2017
Kansas
This one really hurts cause I played Ratchet & Clank(all 4 of the PS2 games, though only 3 had JAT in them) so much in my teen years.

I hope they find a way to replace him in Rift Apart.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
They need to recast Tidus in FFX-3

Just pretend his vocal cords changed after X-2 due to an unfortunate sports accident at the beach

I mean, he's certainly due for a replacement set.

. . .On topic, as someone who ranks ACiT as one of their absolute favorite games, this definitely sucks.

Weirdly though, I take some small comfort in the fact that he's trying to pretend like none of this happened when it clearly has. It means he knows he did a big boo-boo and he either feels the teeniest, tiniest twinge of guilt or he's terrified of what this might do to his job prospects. If it's the latter, I hope everything lives up to his greatest fears and then some. If it's the former, I hope the fact that he's getting absolutely reamed for this manages to knock even the smallest amount of sense in his head.

It's such a shame that the people who proclaim their Christianity the most are the ones who follow the word of Christ the least. Such a massive emphasis was placed growing up on leading by example, but it's so rare for Christians to actually set a positive example anymore. And people wonder why the world is getting more secular.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a shame that the people who proclaim their Christianity the most are the ones who follow the word of Christ the least. Such a massive emphasis was placed growing up on leading by example, but it's so rare for Christians to actually set a positive example anymore. And people wonder why the world is getting more secular.
Yep. I said it in the election thread: Conservative Christians are killing Christianity.

Jesus was the biggest liberal in history. He gave everything to the poor, he preached mercy and forgiveness, and he made a point of accepting and loving everyone for who they are. He didn't exclude people for being different. He loved them all the same. The people who felt marginalized in society -- those were his people.

The reason people are abandoning Christianity is because conservatives have corrupted that original message of love. People know in their hearts it's wrong to discriminate based on race, culture, creed, sexuality, gender identity, etc.

If someone is gay, trans, etc -- God made them that way and they're perfect that way, and God wants them to be happy with the same rights and dignity as everyone else.

An all-knowing God would also know that one can be atheist or a different faith, and still be a perfectly good person.

This is the only interpretation consistent with the notion of a God that is loving. And if there's a God, he or she is speaking through the people who feel hurt.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
As a voice actor with some credits:

How bout we give work to some new folks who won't end up posting hateful conspiracy theory bile on Twitter and stop hiring the same 12 bigoted shits?

Cool? Cool.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
I could give him the benefit of the doubt on him promoting that posts, but not in writing the YouTube comment or opening a Parler account, or not addressing directly the contents of the promoted posts.

My overall opinion is that he is lying about echoing/retweeting the posts. Why he would do that? Well based on the YouTube comment, I think his opinion aligns with the reflected on the promoted posts.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
He cheated on his wife of 30 years with her and brought her over to dinner with his wife and kids in the middle of their affair.

Him and Mary are trash. but I guess it's ok cuz she's hot lol
Nah he's absolutely still trashy. But I still put that below being a racist far right asshole.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Man, James VA goes way back to some iconic characters, including Gabe Logan of Syphon Filter...

He's faithfully voicing Ratchet even to this day... : (

*SIGH*

Deleted member 60135

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 21, 2019
Man, James VA goes way back to some iconic characters, including Gabe Logan of Syphon Filter...

He's faithfully voicing Ratchet even to this day... : (

*SIGH*

I mean we're probably not going to see Logan for a long while anyway but do people even really associate Taylor with him? I feel like people probably associate Chacon's performance more even if he was only in the PS1 games

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I mean we're probably not going to see Logan for a long while anyway but do people even really associate Taylor with him? I feel like people probably associate Chacon's performance more even if he was only in the PS1 games
My mind blown after knowing who's voicing Logan...

James have crazy range, I'll give him that.

Flygon

Oct 28, 2017
Why would using telegram be a red flag?
I didn't even know it was seen as a problematic app by people until recently.
It'd been extremely popular in the furry community - but that might be a weird microism of things in itself.

I'm very disappointed James Arnold Taylor has turned out this way. They had a big impact on a lot of people, and a lot of people are going to be deeply hurt because of this.
We'll see how things go into the future, if things change, but earning back trust once-burnt is a lot harder than earning trust from a blank slate.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just woke up and caught up and wow
His tweet about not being political when he was literally following people like Candace Owens on twitter (which he has now removed after someone pointed it out in this thread lmao) is ridiculous.
And saying that people are out to get him? This victim act is straight out of the right wing playbook so this is all incredibly transparent.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

I mean, he's certainly due for a replacement set.

. . .On topic, as someone who ranks ACiT as one of their absolute favorite games, this definitely sucks.

Weirdly though, I take some small comfort in the fact that he's trying to pretend like none of this happened when it clearly has. It means he knows he did a big boo-boo and he either feels the teeniest, tiniest twinge of guilt or he's terrified of what this might do to his job prospects. If it's the latter, I hope everything lives up to his greatest fears and then some. If it's the former, I hope the fact that he's getting absolutely reamed for this manages to knock even the smallest amount of sense in his head.

To quote George Carlin:
You don't see many of these white anti-abortion women volunteering to have any black fetuses transplanted into their uteruses, do you? No, you don't see them adopting a whole lot of crack babies, do you? No, that might be something Christ would do.​

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Swore she confirmed it herself on twitter.

I thought so too. There is even a whole video for it with her playing the piano. What's funny is that the track is just one of her old songs lol

I think somebody paid her to do it and she didn't think anything of it beyond probably being told he died and liked her music.

Deleted member 60135

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 21, 2019
I thought so too. There is even a whole video for it with her playing the piano. What's funny is that the track is just one of her old songs lol

I think somebody paid her to do it and she didn't think anything of it beyond probably being told he died and liked her music.

I must've misremembered but I do specifically remember it just being like, an existing track slowed down. It wasn't really much of a tribute.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Just play it with Japanese voices? Isn't there an option? Or just mute it or some shit.

Square Enix, can we finally get a re-release of FFX with dual audio?

Can you switch to jp voices and en subtitles?

The only way you're going to hear Japanese VA's is to import either the Asian version or the Japanese version of the HD Remaster Collection & set your platform to Japanese, since Square didn't bother to include dual audio. Or follow MarzGurl's advice below by buying the game on PC & use it's Untitled Project X mod:

Just thought for anybody who might be interested (especially after all this), I learned a while back that the Japanese audio is actually in the North American release of Final Fantasy X Remaster, you just can't natively access it. However, there IS a mod out there that will let you do it and still uses the English subtitles. I'd actually started a Japanese-audio run recently, and after almost 20 years of having played the game multiple times, it's like an entirely new experience playing it in Japanese.

Get the PC version, install the mod to listen to Japanese audio, never think about JAT ever again.

steamcommunity.com

Untitled Project X - v 0.9.0 [In-Game Config UI] - (8/13/17) :: FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster General Discussions

IMPORTANT NOTE: I no longer subscribe to this thread Please refer to this post instead.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020
To those who don't know Parler is a fringe right-wing social media platform blowing up of late because the right can't admit Trump lost.

James Arnold Taylor, a well known video game and animation voice actor of Ratchet in the Ratchet & Clank games, Tidus in Final Fantasy X, and Obi-Wan in all Star Wars animation and video games media joined the platform and is posting some really vile alt-right nonsense:
Em4wOivWEAY0zw3

Em4zrQQWEAESjK5

JAT has responded. Apparently he doesn't understand what slander is. These are his own words from his own Parler (again a right-wing racist website):

False claims ? You admit you are on Parler 😂!

ashen

Oct 27, 2017
The only way you're going to hear Japanese VA's is to import either the Asian version or the Japanese version of the HD Remaster Collection & set your platform to Japanese, since Square didn't bother to include dual audio.
It was mentioned earlier about the PC version of the game including the audio files, and a patch existing that can enable them.

steamcommunity.com

Untitled Project X - v 0.9.1.5 [ReShade UI Compensation] - (1/1/2018) :: Special K - "Kaldaien's Mod"

The Special K wiki now has an updated guide for UnX / Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster https://wiki.special-k.info/SpecialK/Custom/UnX Old stuff, plz ignore Introduction The port seems pretty respectable, but does have DPI scaling and cursor / window management issues as well as no fullscreen...

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Looks like a lot of VA's are rallying around him, including Reddit/internet fav Mark Hamil:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All he had to do was like say "i don't believe these things that are being retweeted" and this shit would have been buried.

I have a feeling he did retweet this stuff and just didn't realize it was public, hence why he is just being vague about the stuff being said instead of like, disavowing some of it specifically.

He's taking issue with being called a racist and conspiracy theorist for sharing that stuff, not acknowledging that the content itself are those things.