• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No I totally agree Parler is a big red flag but I'm hoping that hopefully he just signed up like a lot of other standard Trumpers and he isnt so far gone that he won't eventually recoil away when all the white supremacists really go mask off.

But maybe I'm just being optimistic.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
he has to understand that he is putting his employers in a difficult position right? I find shit like this so selfish in addition to them coming across as idiots or even worse, racist.

I applied for a position at Insimniac and they came across as very inclusive and just felt like a company that wants to do right by everyone. Sucks for this asshole to put them in a position where they have to make a difficult decision.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No I totally agree Parler is a big red flag but I'm hoping that hopefully he just signed up like a lot of other standard Trumpers and he isnt so far gone that he won't eventually recoil away when all the white supremacists really go mask off.

standard trumpers lol

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, for fuck's sake. He genuinely seemed like a nice guy too, but I guess we shouldn't be surprised since 70+ million voted for Trump.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Someone needs to teach James what slander is. Direct screencaps of your parler is not slander.

Slandering kneeling for the anthem is racist as is spreading these conspiracy theories about covid.

Deleted member 60135

Banned
Sep 21, 2019
You've probably heard her music though, assuming you've played Castlevania and/or Bloodstained. It's much harder to replace music. Especially when it's as memorable and iconic as her work. Meanwhile, FFX with Japanese voices hold up better than the English dub anyway.

At least Tara Strong and John DiMaggio are cool people though.

Strong's anti-vaxx last I knew

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
People are so incredibly stupid. Even if you have horrific thoughts or political feelings it's not exactly difficult to avoid putting those online when you're successful. Either these people don't care (probable in many cases) don't understand the technology (durr this site is different than Twitter so people won't know), etc.

Fucking idiots for having those ideas in the first place and double idiocy for not just keeping them to yourself or in conversation in real life with other like minded assholes.

Oct 27, 2017

Are the white supremacists premium Trumpers or something? Birds of a feather flock together, if anything they will all agree with each other and handwave white supremacy away if needed.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Not even screencaps. The OP links to the page with these things still there. I see it with my own eyes.

Unless somehow Parler's super verified security let someone pretend to be him just for kicks and he hasn't done anything about it for months and didn't make the least bit of effort to say it's a fake account.

But that's where we are. These people just lie because that's what their idol does.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
BCUaXJt.jpg

He's linking to that page from his own website.
That is HIS account. The fact he's lying about spreading this misinformation is hilarious

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Someone needs to teach James what slander is. Direct screencaps of your parler is not slander.

Slandering kneeling for the anthem is racist as is spreading these conspiracy theories about covid.

Being on Parler is inherently a bad look, but the stuff in the OP does only appear to be that site's equivalent to retweets, and also possible to misinterpret, rather than the man spouting/posting things himself.

I admittedly very much just want to give him the benefit of the doubt because I like his work. It has been widely known for a long time he's a conservative christian, and we all know that group of people overlaps strongly with Trumpism. It's possible (I hope at least) that others he knows lead him to be on that site and being an older person he doesn't fully understand the repercussions of his retweets, or presence there.

Again though, I know I'm giving him an extreme benefit of the doubt here... I just really want this to not be true.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Being on Parler is inherently a bad look, but the stuff in the OP does only appear to be that site's equivalent to retweets, and also possible to misinterpret, rather than the man spouting/posting things himself.

I admittedly very much just want to give him the benefit of the doubt because I like his work. It has been widely known for a long time he's a conservative christian, and we all know that group of people overlaps strongly with Trumpism. It's possible (I hope at least) that others he knows lead him to be on that site and being an older person he doesn't fully understand the repercussions of his retweets, or presence there.

Again though, I know I'm giving him an extreme benefit of the doubt here... I just really want this to not be true.
There is no possible way to give him benefit of the doubt.

You don't accidentally join a white power nazi site like Parler. Then accidentally retweet a racist anti-BLM tweet. And then accidentally retweet an anti-Chinese covid conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
The people twisting themselves into pretzels to hand wave this away, are you guys OK ? You need help untwisting? Can't imagine the hoops you'd have to leap through after the last four years to try and give any "benefit of the doubt" to people associated with stuff like this. Come on

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I know his name sounds so familiar. Was he also the same guy who played on Home Improvement when he was a child? Wow.

Why can't people just learn to not be dipshits?

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly depressing news in the most depressing year. Goddamnit.

Since it's apparent he's reading this thread: what is wrong with you dude?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is no possible way to give him benefit of the doubt.

You don't accidentally join Parler. Then accidentally retweet a racist anti-BLM tweet And then accidentally retweet a anti-Chinese covid conspiracy theory.
I'm not saying he did any of those things by accident. I'm saying that those in your community/those you surround yourself with can conform your world view a certain way. And obviously he surrounds himself with conservative christians since he has always been devout about his faith. A large number of that group of people are now right wing crazies -- which we all know is the main population of Parler and generator of these types of posts he retweeted. Like I said, I know I'm giving him an extreme benefit of the doubt here, but retweeting something is not the same as saying something yourself.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018

The site has been heavily promoted by alt-right figures, there is no reason to make an account if you don't know about the type of people go there

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying he did any of those things by accident. I'm saying that those in your community/those you surround yourself with can conform your world view a certain way. And obviously he surrounds himself with conservative christians since he has always been devout about his faith. A large number of that group of people are now right wing crazies -- which we all know is the main population of Parler and generator of these types of posts he retweeted. Like I said, I know I'm giving him an extreme benefit of the doubt here, but retweeting something is not the same as saying something yourself.
Stop.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people quote tweeting dude saying "thank god it was fake" and "lol resetera of course"

wishbone why bro

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The site has been heavily promoted by alt-right figures, there is no reason to make an account if you don't know about the type of people go there
I didn't even know what Parler was until people started exposing themselves since the election, I don't think most people did. It looks like he's been a member of that place for a while. It's very fathomable that people in his conservative community led him to join the site without him actually being alt right himself.

You know what, alright. This isn't worth getting banned over, and I know going against the majority here can very easily lead to that.

JAT probably IS a piece of shit just for being on that site. I wish he wasn't. But it's probably the truth. I'm just trying to cling on to any potential possibility that there is another explanation and that isn't the case. Because I love his work as both Tidus and Obi-Wan. And both FFX and Clone Wars hold special places in my heart.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's technically correct that he didn't "post" anything. The problem is he's signal boosted wicked shit, and his tweet doesn't actually try to confront that. That seems quite tactical of him.

Also, it's really called "echo?" Trumpers left Twitter so they can literally have echo chambers?

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
I think the golden rule for retweets is as follow:
  • Retweets are generally an endorsement of a thing
  • Retweets do not mean you nessicarly endorse everything about an account
Although you can argue the whole NFL thing is about patrotism (although it's 99% related to BLM/various protests about racism), JAT retweeting what is essentially "COVID-19 is a Chinese creation" is still pretty damning, even if his account on Parlor is (mildly) plausible deniability about being racist.

Where was the racism?
Second picture is about the NFL ratings dropping. The implication that it's due to the fact that players are kneeling instead of standing up for the national anthem (usually to protest racial injustices), so it ends up being "I do not like it when these people protest/disrespect america"