• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
People aren't seriously contemplating boycotting insomniac over this? Not being able to play FFX ever again?! Cmon now! There are people with shitty opinions in every single form of media and life in general, can't let them dictate what we enjoy or how we go about our lives.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ew, this is a shame as I love Ratchet. If they don't at least mention this at Insomniac and condemn it, I will have a hard time buying Rift Apart anything but as a second-hand disc, which sucks as I have been super excited for it.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
The game isn't even out yet. It doesn't even have a release date yet. There is hopefully time for Insomniac to find a way to replace him.

I really don't think they are gonna replace him in only a few months, especially during a pandemic. Hopefully they can for the next game though.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The game isn't even out yet. It doesn't even have a release date yet. There is hopefully time for Insomniac to find a way to replace him.

Insomniac is a great dev, I am sure they were just as caught off guard as we were.
Like I said, there are factors that make a recast for Rift Apart harder to do than, say, Three Houses (union contracts, COVID, the game likely being nearly finished at this point, etc.). As such, my primary hope is that they recast Ratchet for the game after Rift Apart. But if they can find a way to recast Ratchet for Rift Apart somehow, I say go for it.

Gamerasi

Sep 30, 2019
Would it make me arrogant to call those who participate in these religious and nationalist movements stupid?

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
wasnt that chick from star wars doing this as well ? whats wrong with these ppl. I mean they have to know people will see this, or do they just not care ?

STGHMAAV

Oct 26, 2017
iu

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Dude he's not standing up for human rights. Stop trying to defend him. He's posting on fringe right wing social media platform. He's spreading racist conspiracy theories and dog whistling racist shit with his NFL post.

For your sake stop trying to defend him or try to find an excuse for why he's posting these things. You've said you didn't understand. People have explained to you why what he's doing is bad. Stop trying to defend this.
At one point in time he believed in a lie and according to what he saw, he defended the good guy against the dictatorship trying to silence her. That is the information we have. He is not continuously posting about #ChineseVirus, conspiracy theories or other things contributing to racism and discrimination towards Asian people. He saw a post about a scientist being silenced for speaking the truth and he stood up for her. Turns out the post was a lie. I will defend that as I please, thank you.

I will not defend the other post about the NFL though and I hope something is done about his role in future games.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At one point in time he believed in a lie and according to what he saw, he defended the good guy against the dictatorship trying to silence her. That is the information we have. He is not continuously posting about #ChineseVirus, conspiracy theories or other things contributing to racism and discrimination towards Asian people. He saw a post about a scientist being silenced for speaking the truth and he stood up for her. Turns out the post was a lie. I will defend that as I please, thank you.

I will not defend the other post about the NFL though and I hope something is done about his role in future games.
He is posting on a racist extreme right wing social media site directly associated white supremacist groups, there is no "at one point in time" here.

Also two months ago is not "at one point in time" here lmao.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

this is some mental gymnastics lol

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Wait Raiden as in Quintin Flynn!? And Dante's VA!? What ?
www.resetera.com

Quinton Flynn (Raiden from MGS, Axel from Kingdom Hearts) has been sexually harassing his female fanbase on social media

This is legitimately disgusting & I hope his roles are recast going forward (Sega already dodged a bullet by recasting Silver in Team Sonic Racing). Sources: Beware Quinton Flynn (Twitter, with links to YouTube & an Instagram screenshot)
www.resetera.com

Reuben Langdon (Dante of DMC) blames sexual harassment victims; thinks MeToo and BLM"goes too far" UPDATE: Regrets nothing; Capcom never investigated

Reuben Langdon, who is the voice and mo-cap actor behind Dante in the Devil May Cry series since Devil May Cry 3, was recently interviewed on YouTube and during said interview an extended discussion about the recent events of his fellow voice actor Vic Mignogna having various sexual harassment...
www.resetera.com

Dante and Ken Masters voice actor Reuben Langdon is peddling COVID-19 conspiracy theory videos on Twitter

For those unfamiliar with Plandemic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plandemic As a mega DMC fan who supported Reuben as Dante from day 1, who fondly remember him posting on GameFAQs back before DMC3 came out and interacting with fans, and always loved how passionate he was about the role and the...

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
To those who don't know Parler is a fringe right-wing social media platform blowing up of late because the right can't admit Trump lost.

James Arnold Taylor, a well known video game and animation voice actor of Ratchet in the Ratchet & Clank games, Tidus in Final Fantasy X, and Obi-Wan in all Star Wars animation and video games media joined the platform and is posting some really vile alt-right nonsense:
Em4wOivWEAY0zw3

Em4zrQQWEAESjK5

This needs to spread far and wide and he needs to be fired ASAP from the upcoming Rachtet & Clank game.

What's wrong about these retweets/reposts on his profile? I'm genuinely curious. I might be behind the loop with current events nowadays, but those reposts about Twitter shutting down an account of a person who may or may not have evidence of COVID being created in a lab or the NFL ratings crash don't seem like actions that would deem a person to lose their jobs.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Karen Strassman (over 300 VA credits going back decades) can be added to that list.
Yup
www.resetera.com

Karen Strassman (Poison from Street Fighter, Mileena from Mortal Kombat, Aigis & Nanako from Persona, and Anna from Fire Emblem) likes Anti-BLM tweet

Goddammit, this shit stings. In case you're curious where I got this, just pull up her Twitter & checked her list of Liked tweets. This shouldn't be that far down the list. Source: Karen Strassman (Twitter)

OP
OP

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong about these retweets/reposts on his profile? I'm genuinely curious. I might be behind the loop with current events nowadays.
1. Parler is a right-wing openly white supremacist website.

2. Claiming China created the covid virus is a racist right-wing fake conspiracy theory.

3. Protesting watching the NFL because players are kneeling to support Black Lives Matter is blatant racism.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Remember. Over half of eligible white men voted for Trump this election, and with a sample size of over 70 million Trump voters total, it's fair to extrapolate that. So technically, you should be surprised when shit DOESN'T come out about these clowns.

Oct 26, 2017
Had a look through his profile and he's also joined 'Rumble', a YouTube alternative that's also partially owned by Dan Bongino

The VA for Padme from the Clone Wars has a Parler account too. Extremely disappointing
You mean Catherine Taber right?

www.behindthevoiceactors.com

Catherine Taber (visual voices guide)

Known for voicing Padme Amidala, Lori, and Penelo. View 98 images and 11 sounds of Catherine Taber's characters from their voice acting career.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, the idea that one should boycott a development team of 300 people because a voice actor is an asshole is migraine inducing logic.
Developers aren't fucking owed your money.

You are free not to buy a game for any reason.

If a black person doesn't want to buy the game because the main voice actor has shown anti-black racism, they are free to do that, just as I would be free to "punish" Insomniac by saying "Eh, I'm not interested in the game."

Welcome to the fucking free market baby.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Exactly, the idea that one should boycott a development team of 300 people because a voice actor is an asshole is migraine inducing logic.
Exactly! Hopefully Insomniac can give people different options for language so people if they want can play the game with Japanese VA and English subtitles if they don't want to hear Ratchet's dialogue.