• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To those who don't know Parler is a fringe right-wing social media platform blowing up of late because the right can't admit Trump lost.

James Arnold Taylor, a well known video game and animation voice actor of Ratchet in the Ratchet & Clank games, Tidus in Final Fantasy X, and Obi-Wan in all Star Wars animation and video games media joined the platform and is posting some really vile alt-right nonsense:
Em4wOivWEAY0zw3

Em4zrQQWEAESjK5

JAT has responded. Apparently he doesn't understand what slander is. These are his own words from his own Parler (again a right-wing racist website):

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I have a bad feeling about this. :(

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Poor Insomniac, they cant catch a break with their motion capture/voice over talent.... cut him off

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Retroactively feeling better about playing the latest Ratchet with the Latam dub despite it sucking

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Oh for the love of shit.

Guess that's another recast in the works now.

EDIT - It's probably too late to recast him in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart but for anything else yeah they should recast him.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I used to be subscribed to his YouTube channel. Think he's like hardcore Christian conservative. Surprised it took this long for something to come out.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
There's something about Covid that reveals where a persons priorities and morals lie. This sucks, but if they want to go out like this then fuck them and thanks for letting us know.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Uurggh.. well that sucks.
Good thing parler is already showing people their true colors.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Parlor is doing a wonderful job of creating a depository of assholes I know to avoid.

It really is a solid way to raise a red flag

Before there was always the "oh it was a misclick" or "I misunderstood" excuse to fall back on, now they have to actively sign up to a site that's pretty obviously catering to a specific crowd

also means they handily stop infecting innocent minds on more neutral sites, too. Win-win.

But yeah these new revelations suck. At the very least, he and Quinton were pretty much in the "old guard" of voice acting at this point and there are more than enough newcomers who aren't stuck in the past. I follow a few on Twitter that are more than a little left-leaning.