• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a move to consolidate their right wing userbase into Parler, wouldn't be surprised if they got paid to shut down.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Parler's probably eating their lunch atm with how many celebrity endorsements it's gotten. It's not like right wing safe space social media is going away any time soon.

This is kind of a cold comfort tbh.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
The short of it is that the "Angel" defaulted on the contract in March 2020. This is when Voat lost all of it's funding.
Sounds like they got Miloed. Wonder which right wing moneybags was bankrolling this particular venture.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they got Miloed. Wonder which right wing moneybags was bankrolling this particular venture.
I thought Milo's sugar daddy died, leaving him with nothing.

And yeah all these '4chan/reddit, but even more racist and sexist' spinoffs are bound to face the same fate as the money to self-sustain simply isn't there without a wealthy benefactor.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Probably just a fundraising grift, but if it's true I wonder if Parler stole their business.
These services cost way more to run than they realize, and they also can't make money off the big advertising spenders.

They also can't get their users to pay for the service.

There is no end game to keep these things running, they will one by one burn out and the users will try to go back to reddit/twitter/facebook.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Out of morbid curiosity I spent an afternoon poking around Voat not long after it launched.

Some of the shit on there was truly, truly heinous. Extremely detailed confessions of just the most horrific shit I've ever read

Good fucking riddance.

Nov 18, 2020
I love further de-platforming of bigoted alt-right neo nazi safe spaces. Nothing of value was lost today. Now when is Parler going to be next? šŸ¤£

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Voat was obsessed with the old place. There was a couple of weeks where I'd browse just to see the bizzaro-world takes on the news of the day and their obsession with specific posters.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse SƩrƩnissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So Voat was alt-right Reddit and Parler is alt-right Twitter.

Someone remind me what Gab is again? Alt-right Facebook?

Also what is alt-right Youtube again?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
One less haven for terrorists and child abusers that law enforcement can ignore.