• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
looks like rtings is reviewing the quantum x right now, and the oleds are winning the vote for the next tv to be purchased+tested.

haven't seen anything from hdtv test yet, though I don't really know where to find that info. EvilBoris can maybe give an indication?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
looks like rtings is reviewing the quantum x right now, and the oleds are winning the vote for the next tv to be purchased+tested.

haven't seen anything from hdtv test yet, though I don't really know where to find that info. EvilBoris can maybe give an indication?

I don't think Vincent typically gets things from Vizio as he is based in the UK and Vizio don't exist in Europe.
They might fly him over, but COVID has meant a lot of those review events haven't gone ahead.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Something to do with the cost of transportation to Canada with not enough units sold I think

We can just hope that it's going to end up being temporary during the pandemic. Coming from a 2017 65" Vizio, I think Vizio would be the only company I'd want to go with in the future.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
this is giving me a hard look at a 65 inch OLED TV over buying a 4K projector. 120 inch 4K projector sounds nice but if I can get an affordable 4K TV then I might just bite the bullet and forgo a projector

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
$2000 is unreal, are these expected to drop in price over the coming couple years as the tech becomes more ubiquitous or is this always going to be enthusiast territory?

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
$2000 is unreal, are these expected to drop in price over the coming couple years as the tech becomes more ubiquitous or is this always going to be enthusiast territory?

It'll drop. Hell, I bought a Pioneer Elite Kuro 50 inch for 4500! LOL!

So this is super cheap for the tech and size.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I was feeling a bit low early on about going with the TCL over this but the rtings score isn't that different and the price difference on the 55" set is so large.

After reading through the review I'm content I went TCL but this sounds like a quality tv if you have the extra $650 to spend on a 55".

I think the fact that my R635 doesn't seem to have the bloom or banding problems the rtings set had puts it about on par with the Vizio for me. Although I'd love the extra nits the Vizio has. I'd also certainly consider picking one up from the 120z standpoint as well

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Assuming the VRR gets fixed, my new TV will be either this or the Samsung Q90T.

I only use my PC with my TV, and there's no way I can babysit all of the static elements of the PC on an OLED set. Especially with my wife and kids that wouldn't understand.
Would you take the vizio over a Samsung 80T? At 75 inches, the 80t is ~$700 more. The 90t is even crazier increase.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Would you take the vizio over a Samsung 80T? At 75 inches, the 80t is ~$700 more. The 90t is even crazier increase.

Woah, didn't even realize the 90t's were that expensive. I must have been looking at the 80t prices.

I need a 65", and my budget it $1500 max. I'll probably decide around black friday. Hopefully that will be enough time for Vizio to fix VRR and see if other reviews notice the red tinting.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I was feeling a bit low early on about going with the TCL over this but the rtings score isn't that different and the price difference on the 55" set is so large.

After reading through the review I'm content I went TCL but this sounds like a quality tv if you have the extra $650 to spend on a 55".

I think the fact that my R635 doesn't seem to have the bloom or banding problems the rtings set had puts it about on par with the Vizio for me. Although I'd love the extra nits the Vizio has. I'd also certainly consider picking one up from the 120z standpoint as well

Which TCL did you go with? I'm looking to get a solid 55" in the very near future. TCL as a brand has definitely caught my eye.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised the 55" costs exactly the same as the LG C9 (and the 65" is actually more expensive), though I guess the C9 is sold out in a lot of places and the deals are more recent.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
rtings review for the Vizio P Quantum X (LED) tvs are up... reading through it now https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/p-series-quantum-x-2020

I was gonna get this tv. I thought it released earlier this year and I got tired of waiting for it and went with a Q80t. Other than peak HDR brightness (which the Q80T is already bright enough for my room) I think I picked a good one. It's especially better for next gen machines, framerate and response time.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Which TCL did you go with? I'm looking to get a solid 55" in the very near future. TCL as a brand has definitely caught my eye.
The R635. So far I love it. It's my second TCL set and it's head and shoulders above the P607 I had previously. The motion interpolation is a little wonky at first (verrrrry slight soap opera effect) but I didn't notice it after a night or two (black bar insertion setting helped too). The blacks are inky as hell, the contrast is great. Fantastic implementation of HDR with super high nits, although not as high as the Vizio. Pound for pound it's the best mid budget UHD tv around. I much prefer it's upsides to the Hisense. It can also handle 120hz like the Vizio but unfortunately only at 1440p

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lol! love his videos :-)

To borrow an old meme:-

Try to find a partner who looks at you, the way Vincent looks at an imported Vizio

Last edited:

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Looks like Vizio did a good job with their first Oled. $2k is still a bit steep but finally within range for the middle class.

I imagine that in 3 years, a 65" Oled can be had for $1000.

May 25, 2019
London
Isn't the LG CX only $200-$300 more than the Vizio OLED at the 65 inch tier? Is there any reason not to go with the CX at that point? Better smartTV software, better speakers, better brightness...

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I just bought an 86" UHD LG TV. It is actually getting delivered today lol. I would have bought the Vizio 85" OLED for 3k in a heartbeat. Oh well! My TV has all that other technical crap and was $1500 cheaper so I'm not going to sweat it.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Vizio did a good job with their first Oled. $2k is still a bit steep but finally within range for the middle class.

I imagine that in 3 years, a 65" Oled can be had for $1000.
No way a new 65" OLED is going to be $1000 in 3 years lol. Maybe $1500.

Oct 25, 2017
The 55 inch is 100 dollars off on Best Buy. I ended up going with a 48 inch CX as it fit better in my space, but by all accounts the price to quality on these sets are great.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still too big. Need a 43" or it ain't gonna fit. The CX was close but just a few over

pwrshll

Oct 27, 2017
Bought a P65X last year. Picture quality is great, but a month out of warranty, the main board crapped out. Luckily, it was an easy swap once I managed to find the part. Anecdotal experience, for sure, but it makes me think twice about considering Vizio for future purchases.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Any long term owners of Vizio's high end TVs in here? I'd like to know how good their support is. My 2015 M80 had some backlights go out and I got it replaced through squaretrade, so never dealt with Vizio directly.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
So are all 4 hdmi ports 2.1 or just 2 of them? I've seen both stated. The Vizio person who answers questions on Best Buy site says all 4 but I'd like confirmation from someone who owns it.

Sep 14, 2019
Was hoping for a bigger screen.

Still would have to see it in person to decide unless reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any long term owners of Vizio's high end TVs in here? I'd like to know how good their support is. My 2015 M80 had some backlights go out and I got it replaced through squaretrade, so never dealt with Vizio directly.
I have the 2016 p series. Besides requesting a traditional remote be sent, I haven't had to deal with support as I haven't had any issues. Support sent the remote without issue. I'll be getting the 65oled for sure

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
This 65" OLED is replacing a 2013 Vizio that I've owned. No issues with Vizio, personally! The display got destroyed months later at a party and Vizio replaced it with few questions asked, which still surprises me to this day.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Vizio has a pretty poor reputation from a hardware reliability standpoint. What I CAN say though, is about 6-7 years ago I had one of their 75" sets die on me almost a year outside of warranty, and they sent me a brand new replacement, no questions asked. So that was great, but I don't know if that's the norm or if I just got really lucky.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
VRR issue resolved. Testing it on my brothers Tv right now. Issues in gaming are gone:

MikeatVIZIO
Registered

Joined 4 h ago
4 Posts
#856 1 h ago
I just wanted to highlight a few updates for our new firmware in addition to the ones noted above.

As noted, we've made some gaming improvements to VRR playback on HDMI as well as HDMI/VRR verification issues. We've enhanced the support for 4K/120hz resolution for next-generation game consoles as well as the Nvidia graphics card RTX30 series.

We've also increased the Judder Reduction default from 0 to 2 in Bright Mode to give the image a smoother appearance.

Your TV will update automatically. To see if you have the new firmware, you can go to the Menu and select Admin & Reset, then select System Information to see the firmware you're currently on. You can manually check to see if the update is available from the Admin & Reset menu and select the "Check for Updates".

We will provide additional updates and answers on a regular basis going forward. You can always reach out to our customer service team at 1 (855) 833-3221

Thanks, Mike Wood
Director, Product Management, VIZIO

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Bestbuy is having the 55" for $899.99 on their black friday ad in TVs they mention OLEDs as low as $899.99 and show the Vizio oled.