• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
For anyone in the market for a new TV for the upcoming Xbox Series X and PS5, Vizio is releasing their new line of TV's on June 30. I believe this also includes their new Vizio OLED TV. I am interested in the P Series Quantum X or the OLED. The OLED, P Series Quantum X, and P Series have the Pro Gaming Engine which includes HDMI 2.1, VRR, AMD Freesync and Auto Game Mode. I think Vizio have some really good TV's coming out.

Edit: Updated link.

Last edited:

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Vizio should not be looked down on. I own PQX 2018 and its still among the/if not the brightest HDR TV on the market and this year's model is set to eclipse it.

Jun 23, 2019
So if I have a TCL from 2018 are these a good upgrade or am I going to have to look for a C9? I saw one in Best Buy today and damn near fainted.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I have a love/hate relationship with Vizio. I love the picture quality for the price, but ultimately I have had four 4k Vizio tv's purchased since August 2015. All of them had major defects or straight up died. I ended up going Sony instead because I was tired of warranty replacing tvs. On the upside, their support was nice to me on the phone every time.

I love the picture on the new pq series sets and the price is amazing for the features but I just can't do it again.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OH FUCK YES

My body is so goddamn ready. 65" 2020 P-Series Quantum X here I come.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
I've been debating on a LG CX or Samsung Q80/90T. If the Vizios get good reviews I'll add it to my Black Friday Wishlist.

I have a 4K Vizio from 2015 and it's been going strong.

LoveAndBeer

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
I have a P75-C that I've been super happy with. The new 85" P-Quantum X will be mine along with the new consoles.

Will also need a new receiver for HDMI 2.1 which is giving me thought to going nuts and getting a proper Atmos set up, but that's the first to go when the budget is totaled.

Going to be an expensive Fall.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
If I hadn't gone out and bought an LG C9 OLED a few months ago I'd probably be interested in theirs. I'm sure it won't be as expensive, but seeing as how the homie hooked me up with his Best Buy discount I can't complain lol

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is a P Series Quantum whatever a more premium screen than an OLED? I havent really been keeping up but Im close to being on the market for a new TV

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I remember VIzio being pretty competitive in pricing when we bought our X850D back in 2016. Might pick one of these up to replace the Emerson TV in my bedroom.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
That's why the price is so low in Costco Canada right now.

As I said on another forum regarding this, I won't buy Vizio again, those firmware updates are messy.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Hmm I assume the V series will be the budget model of the lineup but it still has all the gaming features so I might grab that when I setup a gaming room in our new house.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a love/hate relationship with Vizio. I love the picture quality for the price, but ultimately I have had four 4k Vizio tv's purchased since August 2015. All of them had major defects or straight up died. I ended up going Sony instead because I was tired of warranty replacing tvs. On the upside, their support was nice to me on the phone every time.

I love the picture on the new pq series sets and the price is amazing for the features but I just can't do it again.

Christ, and here I am with my 2016 Sony 4k that's still working great.

*knocks on wood*

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Hopefully Vizio delivers a good product that can properly compete with LG's products.

Expecting to see some incredible prices for LG OLEDs come November between the current business environment, increase in competition, and trend in decreasing OLED prices. LG B-series 65 iuch for $1600 at places like Costco/Best Buy should be a go.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Need to see those prices. Honestly I'm happy with my TV minus the lack of VRR. I have a Gsync monitor and I've seen the light with my PC games.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
" According to a new report, Samsung will launch its micro LED TVs in the second half of 2020"

www.google.com

Samsung to reportedly launch micro LED TVs later this year

While Samsung makes some killer QLED TVs, there's not a lot of room for improvement in the underlying technology. The ...
www.youtube.com

Upgrading? Future TV Roadmap 2020 to 2025: What, Why & When! |CB#38

All these new TV technology coming out makes us wonder what is the best today, and what about 2020 or 2021? Is LG’s OLED still the “best” next year? We lay i...

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine it's a niche audience, but man I wish they would bring some of these high end features to smaller sizes, I'm perfectly happy with my 40 inch TV and don't really need anything bigger.

Robin Hood

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually interested in grabbing that new voice remote for my P series. Hopefully that goes on sale at the same time.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
www.youtube.com

Upgrading? Future TV Roadmap 2020 to 2025: What, Why & When! |CB#38

All these new TV technology coming out makes us wonder what is the best today, and what about 2020 or 2021? Is LG’s OLED still the “best” next year? We lay i...

well is he to be trusted about 2021 and the introduction of these new types of panels?

Sounds like an easy wait one year from his mouth.

you can get an oled that has better brightness and less chance of burn in with the new oled type

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is this why the p series quantum x is being shown as sold out everywhere?
Considering it over a C9 right now so was curious.

Edit: never mind I see the new model in there, will shoot for that one

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
Why oh why can these TVs not come to the UK. They are simply the best TVs for brightness which in turn makes hdr look incredible