• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Just checked and it doesn't work.

If this is really them shutting it down then fuck them so hard. Bring on the lawsuits.

This whole bullshit is really worrying. The PSP can download anything and it doesn't even have the PS Store. That's the weirdest part.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Hah! When you fuckers changed the webstore I already bought and downloaded everything I wanted!

Seriously fix this shit it can't be that hard to keep running

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
All hail the almighty digital future.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I still don't understand why they killed the web store.
I get starting a new ecosystem to improve things, but why can't they keep up a legacy store as well?

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
As weird as it may sound to some of you, but if it's for a greater good (here: pleasing new PS5 owners with a working OS) you may also decide to break something else intentionally when that is the only option for a company to make it happen in time.

They will eventually fix it.

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019

If this is really them shutting it down then fuck them so hard. Bring on the lawsuits.

This whole bullshit is really worrying. The PSP can download anything and it doesn't even have the PS Store. That's the weirdest part.

It's a good signal tbh, means it's some occasional fuck up instead of something planned.

As weird as it may sound to some of you, but if it's for a greater good (here: pleasing new PS5 owners with a working OS) you may also decide to break something else intentionally when that is the only option for a company to make it happen in time.

They will eventually fix it.

It's weird as fuck indeed because it makes no sense, the half a dozen of people still using the Vita surely aren't holding back anything regarding the PS5.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe because the PSP doesn't go through a store that it's possible to download. With Vita you have to open the store.

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand why they killed the web store.
I get starting a new ecosystem to improve things, but why can't they keep up a legacy store as well?
Agreed.

Like just leave it as it is. Don't update it or anything. Just leave it as is hidden away somewhere.
It's a good signal tbh, means it's some occasional fuck up instead of something planned.
But the thing is this makes me worried that if the store goes down you won't be able to download anything anymore. Unlike the PSP, you need the store to access the download list.
Maybe because the PSP doesn't go through a store that it's possible to download. With Vita you have to open the store.
Yeah but I somehow had a faint hope that no matter what happens to the store, they would still let you access the download list in someway.

This issue however destroys all that hope.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
The least Sony could do by making us buy their shitty proprietary memory cards was keep the store up indefinitely to allow folks to redownload their digital purchases as needed.

I'm not too excited about hacking my Vita to use SDVita, but after this if the store ever comes back up I may be forced to.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
The probably where vMotioning the legacy store servers to the "expiring support" platform, and some Sys Admin messed up lol

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
This is obviously a fuck up. They are probably hard working on understanding what is happening.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Losing the old store was one thing, but fucking up the store ON THE VITA?

Fuck off Sony. Just.. fuck off.
I'm honestly starting to hate Sony if they did this on purpose.

I guess when its backup I'll have to backup ever game/doc I bought to my computer like so many did before. I never expected, bug or not, that they'd just off downloads.

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it impossible to make any changes to your system if you've update past a certain firmware? Or is that old news? I haven't been keeping up with the Vita scene recently, but the last thing I remember was if you were on a certain firmware or beyond you were SOL.

I also don't know what the exact situation is right now, but even if a person is in that situation, the best thing they can do is not updating the console until an exploit comes for the firmware they're in. That's what I did in 2017.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
But everyone told me my physical games were "clutter"!
At least the "clutter" I paid for can be played 8 years after release.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
See the one guy that remembers the logins and shit for that part of the system is on vacation

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm gonna wipe my external and just use it for vita backups.

Is downloading games to the vita, IF the store comes backup, and using the content manager app to put them on my PC the best way to go about it?

I have like 200 Vita games, most I havent even got to yet. Bought a few when the old ps store left, too. Didnt want to do it then but I guess I'm gonna have to backup :/

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
Well, shit.

A lot of my favorite games I have on cart. but I also have A LOT in the digital shop. Fuuuuck Sony if this is intentional and won't be fixed.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
If it comes back I will redownload Lunar. If it doesn't I'm hacking my PSTV so I can have access to my purchases.

st least I have a bunch of physical titles, and my PSP works still

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
This is distressing. I'm one of those weirdos who reformats his Vita every now and then in order to switch between US and JPN PSN accounts for region exclusive games, so I think I'm gonna end up screwed.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have every single game that I bought backed up on multiple hard drives so I'm fine, but this is bullshit.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
The worst thing is my Vita card has got itself corrupted a few times in its life, so even stuffing all my favourite games on it wouldn't bring peace of mind because I'd just be waiting for the day when I get an error code when trying to boot every game. Vita means sadness.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've been sent proof that funnily enough, the software solution that folks use to download pirated games from PSN works right now, even if downloading games that you own legitimately does not.

Great job, Sony! /s

Oct 28, 2017
I hate you so much Sony. You're lucky at one point you created the Vita so I can't hate you quite as much as I would like to.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
What is this for exactly?

It creates a file that you can import into excel (or google) and it will list all the games/demos/dlc you have on your account. You can then sort it by platform so you have a list of everything you actually own. I have close to 7600 items since I got my ps3 so it's a long list and hard to navigate on the store. This way I can use the list to figure out games, I've played and download games I forgot about or haven't downloaded for my ps3/vita/psp etc Due to have plus since the beginning, the list is huge haha.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't installed CFW on either of my Vita's (OLED and 2000) yet, but this situation drives me to do so, at least for the OLED Vita. Now to figure out how.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
The least Sony could do by making us buy their shitty proprietary memory cards was keep the store up indefinitely to allow folks to redownload their digital purchases as needed.

I'm not too excited about hacking my Vita to use SDVita, but after this if the store ever comes back up I may be forced to.

Just do it. Grab the SD2Vita and do it. It is absolutely worth it. I've never had an issue and I can now fit all of my games on a 128GB microSD. The only downside is that you lose the game card slot, because that's where the SD2Vita adapter lives. But if you've gone all digital like I have, it's not an issue.

I wouldn't have done it if there existed a large, reliable official memory card, but that does not exist. The 64GB cards have a very high failure rate over time, and after mine died, I said forget it, did the hack, and ordered the adapter. I bought digital copies of the few physical games I had, sold the physical copies, and called it a day.

Haven't installed CFW on either of my Vita's (OLED and 2000) yet, but this situation drives me to do so, at least for the OLED Vita. Now to figure out how.

https://vita.hacks.guide. It couldn't be simpler.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Backed up all my Vita games to my PC a while ago so at least I'm covered there. Not going to lie though, Sony's handling of this makes me a little queasy about getting a PS5.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I'm getting the same error. Luckily, I'm in rush to download anything right now, but this is pretty dumb.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
I kinda get the feeling that the way things played out with hacked Vitas getting to download whatever they wanted directly from Sony servers pissed them off a great deal

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
It would be highly illegal if they did this, so let's just hope it resolves itself soon. Otherwise I would definitely be part of a class-action lawsuit when it arrives.

Also everyone should check this website and do it ASAP! I did it a month ago, so hopefully it still works.

delistedgames.com

Save your PlayStation download history, before you can’t [UPDATE: You Can’t]

[UPDATED 12/21/20] Surprise! The Australian and European PlayStation Store websites came back online around December 17th. I’ve seen no official explanation as to why they were down or any in…

Sidenote: I've only posted about it now, because I didn't want it to get widespread attention and be disabled by Sony. It's not my article, I just awesomely stumbled across it.
I'm doing this right now. Thanks for the post.

edit: HOLY SHIT! This is amazing. I'm seeing some PS3 games I'd completely forgotten about lol. You rock!

Last edited:

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I can't download anything on my Vita either. I guess I'll download them on PS3 and transfer them over (unless that's broke too) if they show up there.