• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
It's pathetic that they still have said nothing about this.

It's especially bad when the website doesn't allow you to download games to the console anymore. I had some of the apps on my memory card corrupt a couple months ago, and I waited on redownloading them because I was gonna wait until I bought some more PSP/PS1 classics. So now a lot of my games are just not on the console at all, including games that I was probably going to play in the next week or so. Very frustrating

Last edited:

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just checked mine and the downloads seem to be working as normal (UK).

Them just cutting off access to our purchased content with no prior notice would be un-fucking-acceptable though... hell even WITH notice it would be.

Wonder if the absolute clusterfuck that has been the relaunch of their webstore has had some knock on effect here or if it's just plain dogshit maintenance on the servers. Sony's network team has gone to absolute fucking trash the past couple of years, so I wouldn't discount the latter.

Is it just Vita affected? No issues with PS3 downloads reported yet?

I seriously wonder how many people play ps vita often still (including buying games)

must be less than 5000 worldwide, right?

hardly a priority for sony
Garbage post.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this is fixed now, but it has spurred me to create backups of my files. Can Vita/PSP games be downloaded directly to PC? Or do I have to download to Vita first and then back up from there?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Time for me to fill my 64GB memory card with the games I'd miss the most if Sony decides to shut it down for real.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
It's pathetic that they still have said nothing about this.

It's especially bad when the website doesn't allow you to download games to the console anymore. I had some of the apps on my memory card corrupt a couple months ago, and I waited on redownloading them because I was gonna wait until I bought some more PSP/PS1 classics. So now a lot of my games are just not on the console at all, including games that I was probably going to play in the next week or so. Very frustrating
Yeah, when I first encountered the issue when I went to check my Download LIst I thought my Vita was just broken or maybe there was a problem with my Internet. Some communication from Sony would have been nice.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
The one person that works at Sony and remembers the Vita store still exists must have come back to work today realised it was down and rebooted the server.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Far more than that. Many of them are core Sony customers.
And you make it seem like this is fine.

no - not fine at all

but really in line with how sony handles old software

frankly i think this is an awful practice and is one reason i dont buy my digital library on playstation

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
no - not fine at all

but really in line with how sony handles old software

frankly i think this is an awful practice and is one reason i dont buy my digital library on playstation

Contrary to what you think, this is not how Sony usually handles the digital marketplace. Both PS3 and PSP still allow you to download purchases, so having the Vita being unable to download games is an anomaly.

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, as quietly as it was gone, seems to be working again now. A tweet or a blog post would be nice in advance next time they pull the plug :/

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yup, as quietly as it was gone, seems to be working again now. A tweet or a blog post would be nice in advance next time they pull the plug :/

I'm assuming this time was unintended, but knowing the download list seems heavily integrated with the store has me more worried than previous.

Not sure why I naively assumed theyd never just pull my ability to download games.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I'm assuming this time was unintended, but knowing the download list seems heavily integrated with the store has me more worried than previous.

Not sure why I naively assumed theyd never just pull my ability to download games.
Yeah, I have no faith in Sony even allowing us to download the games much longer. I have been rebuying my games on physical when I have a chance at a decent price. The only issue is patches. :(

This whole fiasco as well as Sony's disregard of their last libraries basically ensures that I only will have PS+ games and exclusives on PS5 or at least digital copies bought at ultra low sale price. Meh...

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Yeah, I have no faith in Sony even allowing us to download the games much longer. I have been rebuying my games on physical when I have a chance at a decent price. The only issue is patches. :(

This whole fiasco as well as Sony's disregard of their last libraries basically ensures that I only will have PS+ games and exclusives on PS5 or at least digital copies bought at ultra low sale price. Meh...
Unfortunately a disc doesn't mean much these days since games typically have large day 1 patches. Cyberpunk is gunna be basically broken without the patch. Definitely one of the shitty trends of modern gaming. Nintendo seems to do well there, though. So I still feel okay buying physical Switch carts.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Unfortunately a disc doesn't mean much these days since games typically have large day 1 patches. Cyberpunk is gunna be basically broken without the patch. Definitely one of the shitty trends of modern gaming. Nintendo seems to do well there, though. So I still feel okay buying physical Switch carts.
Well, sure, which is why I don't play to get most games on Sony platform anymore.

Vita games are generally ok without patches for the most part and so are PS3 games. Now, that's certainly not true for everything of course. I started backing up my Vita games. Going to dump them to separate drive, backup to NAS and cloud. That's shit is going to stay safe :P

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much why I moved back onto Xbox after being on PS4 the previous gen for console gaming. Everything multiplatform I get on Xbox, only get exclusives on PS4, and I try to buy physical as much as possible.

Time to check what microSD size I need to start downloading my Vita games

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Pretty much why I moved back onto Xbox after being on PS4 the previous gen for console gaming. Everything multiplatform I get on Xbox, only get exclusives on PS4, and I try to buy physical as much as possible.

Time to check what microSD size I need to start downloading my Vita games
Yep, I got the adapter and 256gb card ready. Going to mess with it on the weekend.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

A nice feature on Switch is you can transfer patches locally between Switches, so it's not entirely reliant on the servers surviving forever. Not an ideal solution, but it's good.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice to see it back up.. I checked to see if it worked after the short PS5 outage, but it seems like this was fixed earlier today?

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
This topic reminded me that I have money in my wallet that I should use before the store is closed and should also download the PS1 games on my account.

I don't have a PS4 and no plans to get a PS5 so what's the best exclusive game(s) not available or unlikely to made available on PC I can get for $17 or less?

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
You agreed to not file a class action law suit. These don't always work but more and more they do, especially in the United States. Even if it is successful who's to say that they will have to give back access to those games. It's more likely you will only recieve $5 or something.

Arbitration is much more likely to get you a favorable response when needed than a class action.

It's already been proven in courts that these don't actually hold up in court. I mean yeah of course it's there to stop people from thinking that they don't have a leg to stand on, but the reality is the polar opposite.

Arbitration requirements do hold up in court (sometimes to the disappointment of the companies themselves).

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Contrary to what you think, this is not how Sony usually handles the digital marketplace. Both PS3 and PSP still allow you to download purchases, so having the Vita being unable to download games is an anomaly.

i was talking about backwards compability

my digital stuff on ps3 and physical stuff on ps1/ps2 is unusable on the latest sony consoles

a stark contrast with microsoft. I downloaded kameo on series x and even got my old save from 360 launch! THAT is caring abou your library

i doubt sony will hold bc more than one generation.. ps6 will cut ps4 imo

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately a disc doesn't mean much these days since games typically have large day 1 patches. Cyberpunk is gunna be basically broken without the patch.

Sometimes the opposite is true too. The only way to play the original, harder, version of Dark Souls is to have the original disc release and install the game without downloading patches, warts and all. I still shiver when thinking about how curses used to stack when I first played the game.

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
It would be highly illegal if they did this, so let's just hope it resolves itself soon. Otherwise I would definitely be part of a class-action lawsuit when it arrives.

Also everyone should check this website and do it ASAP! I did it a month ago, so hopefully it still works.

delistedgames.com

Save your PlayStation download history, before you can’t [UPDATE: You Can’t]

[UPDATED 12/21/20] Surprise! The Australian and European PlayStation Store websites came back online around December 17th. I’ve seen no official explanation as to why they were down or any in…

Sidenote: I've only posted about it now, because I didn't want it to get widespread attention and be disabled by Sony. It's not my article, I just awesomely stumbled across it.
Oh no. I wish I'd known about this a month ago.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
NISJ literally released a new Vita game last week, in Japan.
Which didn't even chart in the weekly top 30 and thus sold less than 3k units.

There are probably quite a bit more than 5000 people still playing Vita games, but Vita being on the lowest end of Sony's priority list is hardly a controversial statement.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They didn't "pull the plug." It was an error, it happens. Sometimes my internet at home just stops working but it wasn't because the ISP "pulled the plug." They should have made a post or acknowledged it was an issue, but the conspiracy theory nonsense in this thread was pathetic to see.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
I really hope they do a goodbye sale whenever they are gonna close the store.
I still want a few stuff that honestly im not gonna get full price.
They dont even acknowledge the system tho so thats highly unlikely.
glad the downloads are back tho.

Oct 31, 2017

People still have access to their download list on PSP so anyone would think there should be no problem with the VITA! :D

This topic reminded me that I have money in my wallet that I should use before the store is closed and should also download the PS1 games on my account.

I don't have a PS4 and no plans to get a PS5 so what's the best exclusive game(s) not available or unlikely to made available on PC I can get for $17 or less?

There's Brandish The Dark Revenant (PSP) if you like dungeon crawlers. It's a Falcom game and you could emulate it on PC via PPSSPP if you'd like!

Jeanne D'Arc (PSP as well) is also available if you'd like to get a T-RPG.

Last edited:

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

They way Sony built Vita software from the beginning has always been questionable. I straight up don't trust them to handle anything Vita related. It's why I backed up my digital games years ago to my pc and installed QCMA. I don't want my device dependent on Sony to be able to play my legally purchased games.

Oct 31, 2017
Also everyone should check this website and do it ASAP! I did it a month ago, so hopefully it still works.

delistedgames.com

Save your PlayStation download history, before you can’t [UPDATE: You Can’t]

[UPDATED 12/21/20] Surprise! The Australian and European PlayStation Store websites came back online around December 17th. I’ve seen no official explanation as to why they were down or any in…

Sidenote: I've only posted about it now, because I didn't want it to get widespread attention and be disabled by Sony. It's not my article, I just awesomely stumbled across it.

How long is this supposed to take? I went with purchase history + catalog.

Last edited:

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Is it pretty easy to swap out multiple PS Vita memory cards? Like fill one up and then download more to another one and then just swap them out? Do I have to shut the Vita down to do that? A 64GB should hold most everything I own, but I'm pretty paranoid about how often those things seem to die. I've just ran into way too many people saying they do, so I feel more comfortable with 32.

I'm just paranoid about hacking it since I don't want my PS Account banned, since I regularly go for things like trophies on Vita.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Is it pretty easy to swap out multiple PS Vita memory cards? Like fill one up and then download more to another one and then just swap them out? Do I have to shut the Vita down to do that? A 64GB should hold most everything I own, but I'm pretty paranoid about how often those things seem to die. I've just ran into way too many people saying they do, so I feel more comfortable with 32.

I'm just paranoid about hacking it since I don't want my PS Account banned, since I regularly go for things like trophies on Vita.
You won't get banned for hacking the Vita. You might get banned for pirating off PSN tho.

I have both Vita and PSTV hacked for the microSD adapter. Only play the games I have bought from PSN and nothing has happened.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
You won't get banned for hacking the Vita. You might get banned for pirating off PSN tho.

I have both Vita and PSTV hacked for the microSD adapter. Only play the games I have bought from PSN and nothing has happened.

Definitely not trying to pirate off PSN lol. I didn't even know that is possible. I figured people just ripped their Vita cards somehow and cracked them.

Everything like the PS Vita store works I guess? Or should I only download to my PS3 and transfer games to my Vita. I just don't want to get banned lol. Have a lot of purchases on there.

Sep 11, 2020

I've messed around quite a bit with my hacked Vita between emulators, fanmade content, and other things, and I haven't been banned. I haver never had an issue with that. I don't know what will happen if you pirate a game and connect to PSN, but you'd have to be quite dumb to do so lol.

The SD adapter makes it all worth it. I think I'll stop being lazy and backup my whole digital library on PC, since I don't really trust Sony in that front. I spent quite a lot of money over the years on that system.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I've messed around quite a bit with my hacked Vita between emulators, fanmade content, and other things, and I haven't been banned. I haver never had an issue with that. I don't know what will happen if you pirate a game and connect to PSN, but you'd have to be quite dumb to do so lol.

The SD adapter makes it all worth it. I think I'll stop being lazy and backup my whole digital library on PC, since I don't really trust Sony in that front. I spent quite a lot of money over the years on that system.

Wouldn't restoring a back up ban you though? How would sony be able to tell that it's a pirated copy vs a backup?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Which didn't even chart in the weekly top 30 and thus sold less than 3k units.

There are probably quite a bit more than 5000 people still playing Vita games, but Vita being on the lowest end of Sony's priority list is hardly a controversial statement.

In my defense, I'd posted that before Famitsu's numbers had come out.