• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Yasumi

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A bit of more good news, Mr. Reading Steiner is working on translating another Vita game:
https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/1011344429423251457?s=19
2f7fd5c734ab8c7d5cdda173f0b4bf3c_400x400.jpeg

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Jan 11, 2018
I wish there was a non-fanservice variant of Uppers. I love the artwork and what I've seen of the gameplay, but then it's full of stupid panty nonsense. I would have been less annoyed by it if we we'd been drowning in good beat 'em ups... but we're not.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
While Uppers is likely, there's now way they'd be able to grab Hero Must Die or Dungeon Travelers 2-2, right?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

What'n the hell.

They have one more Vita game coming, and it's not YU-NO. So that means we're not getting YU-NO on Vita in the west?

Confused. And a little exciting because imagine if it's something like Uppers!

While Uppers is likely, there's now way they'd be able to grab Hero Must Die or Dungeon Travelers 2-2, right?

No chance on HMD. A possibility on DT2-2 I guess.

Jan 11, 2018
Please let it not be another jailbait waifu game.

Would love for it to be something like Dengeki Bunko Fightin Climax Ignition or Bakumatsu Rock: Ultra Soul.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Bit of a weird request, but do any vita-era guys live in Vancouver with Tekken v SF for vita? I'm missing the local co-op trophy for the platinum. Anyone who can help gets lunch on me or a high-five.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I was just exploring my Vita game files on the PC and found out that there was a hidden save file (you need to enable hidden files on Windows to see it) and was wondering if you could backup the save file instead of the whole game. Is it possible or will the files go corrupt?

I will try it out my self later on when I complete some games and post the result here.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
From the latest Sharin no Kuni update:
We do realize a large number of you are particularly concerned about the Vita port, in light of the announcement of physical Vita game production ending in March 2019 for western territories.
We are still working proactively with our partners in getting the Vita port prepared, and are fully confident we will be able to deliver it to all relevant backers as planned.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got that e-mail last night too but I'm still concerned. Isn't the cut-off date two days from now?

Only for submitting things you intend to publish.

Surprised to see Roundabout pop up on the store today. That's a Vita version I could have sworn got cancelled.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I honestly regularly forget that Sharin no Kuni got Kickstarted for the Vita and I backed it.

Hmm, I just looked it up as well:
from Wiki:

In April 2016, Front Wing announced that they would localize and publish the game for the West under the title Wheel Country, Sunflower Girl: Sharin no Kuni, using a crowdfunding campaign to finance the release. The campaign launched in June 2016,[3] but had troubles meeting its goal of US$140,000;[1] Tokyo Otaku Mode, the company in charge of managing the campaign, added new lower-priced tiers for people to contribute through,[1][3] but suspended the campaign in July 2016, with 39% of the goal funded and only eight days remaining of the campaign, as they considered it unlikely to succeed at that point. They planned a re-launch of the campaign, with improved communication and promotion and re-planned campaign goals and reward tiers; initially planned for re-launch in August,[12] the new campaign started on November 21, 2016, with a goal of US$80,000, and with the game's localized title changed to Sharin no Kuni: The Girl Among the Sunflowers.[13]This incarnation of the campaign fared better, reaching US$60,000 within the first few days,[9] and the goal of US$80,000 on December 2. The campaign also reached two "stretch goals" on top of the original goal: one of US$120,000, allowing the development of a PlayStation Vita version and one of US$145,000, allowing for the inclusion of the Yūkyū no Shōnenshōjo fan disc in the localization.[14][15]

I wonder where it is now?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Anime Expo is next week, I'm expecting at least some Aksys announcements this year.

For Vita? I'm beginning to doubt.

I think they said it was a VN.

Oooh, I missed that part. A VN and not YU-NO?

Wonder if it's just some European distribution work.

Surprised to see Roundabout pop up on the store today. That's a Vita version I could have sworn got cancelled.

Oh wow, completely forgot this was coming! They used to do loads of interviews on The Vita Lounge about it, surprised to see them finally follow through.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
is it a spoiler reason why the game will never come west or are we walking into OLZ territory again?
Do not think it is the latter reason considering we got Chaos;Child and I do not think there is anything of a comparable level in Head to what is in OLZ, unless the anime completely skipped over it.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think Sony is "prematurely" killing off what Vita support is left by ending physical cart production?

I mean, it makes sense for them to do it since Vita hasn't had retail shelf presence for years, but it seems like there's a hardcore little audience for those limited run games.

On a similar note, what the fuck is up with PS Plus & sales for Vita this year? The free games have been absolutely gutter trash and sales have been consistently next to nothing.

Less than a year left of support, you'd think they'd go out with a bang rather than a whimper.

Contrary to popular belief, there's quite a lot of good-to-great Vita games that have never been on PS Plus. And we used to have amazing sales with tons of games and now we get jack shit.

The fucking PS4 version of Rayman Legends has been on sale so many times in the last year, and it was a free PS+ game a couple months ago. It's never on sale for Vita and it's never been free for Vita on Plus. Why not also offer the Vita version for free that month instead of King Oddball or Furmins?

I feel disrespected. For me, Plus has been a really great value since I became a member in 2012. When I finally got a Vita i had an awesome library of games waiting for me because I always claimed Vita games. Getting games for all 3 Sony platforms was amazing.

Now they're dropping PS3 and Vita and I'm gonna be stuck subscribing for 2/3 less content because if I let my sub lapse I can't access all my Plus games across 3 systems.

It was a trick all along!

Last edited: