• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this rules out Atlus's Vita games unless they've already got plans laid out for them (Utawa remake, Persona 3/5 Dancing, Catherine)

I don't think they would have released a physical Vita game later than Feb 2019 anyway. Do you really? They'd come before that or be digital only (which is still totally a thing so I don't understand why anyone is saying RIP Vita.)

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they would have released a physical Vita game later than Feb 2019 anyway. Do you really? They'd come before that or be digital only (which is still totally a thing so I don't understand why anyone is saying RIP Vita.)
They have to have their orders in by June though, even if production will still occur afterwards. If I'm reading that right, anyway

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have to have their orders in by June though, even if production will still occur afterwards. If I'm reading that right, anyway

You have to assume that by June, they know what they're releasing for the rest of the fiscal year. Even if they're unannounced, Atlus knows. They're not getting caught with their pants down, they know what they're putting out this fiscal.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Somebody hold me, I'm not feeling well.
maipHb0.gif

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Wonder how this will affect the few Kickstarters that have yet to release physical copies of Vita versions that were tier/add-on options.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how this will effect indie publishers like LRG and East Asia Soft? Unfulfilled Vita runs need happen sooner rather than later is my first thought. We'll see how this goes though.
LRG order through Sony so they will have the same deadline. East Asia Soft will continue until Sony Asia stop taking orders.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see how this affects Atlus' plans for Persona - if they were doing physical, they'd know that by now and I'm certain those games will be out before the end of the year.

I do feel like it throws a question mark over everything else though. Catherine is 'winter' in Japan - which probably means it isn't making it here in time. Uta only just released in Japan and it normally takes a good while for Aquaplus stuff to come across. Who knows what's happening with 13 Sentinels.

Incidentally, I literally just placed my Bloodstained Vita order yesterday. Hope that comes through, although the fact the deadline was the 14th seems promising - they were clearly trying to figure out how many copies to order before the end of June.

Ahh, sad times.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Man I hope the Muv luv game will still be available physically.

It's a real shame as I really wanted the Persona games on a card too :(

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
In amongst all the doom and gloom, there are pockets of good news.

It doesn't seem like production is stopping in Japan/Asia at least:

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/996702637205569541

https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/996588855720525825

Other stuff is very much still coming. Retro City Rampage, and LRG have 30 titles lined up and are trying to get more in before the deadline:

https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/996639750403457024

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/996585707144712195

Some devs are still committed and are teasing Vita games to coming (Ratalaika Games and Tikipod Games):

https://twitter.com/RatalaikaGames/status/996660195651661825

https://twitter.com/TIKIPODltd/status/996762620085534720

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Bought a PSTV and it arrived yesterday. Love my vita but some games I was just dying to play on a big screen with a controller. Had to get one from America since they are discontinued here in Japan/expensive as a result. Digging it so far, might even get me back into trails in cold steel.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Sad news, I mentioned in the vita discord that this is probably vita's last year and then the next day that news pop up.

Oct 26, 2017
vita's 1st unreal 4 game correct?

First and only, but that's not why it will be worth something. It will be worth something because unlike the other systems which we know will have extra copies sold through other retailers, Vita will likely have none outside of what they're making for backers. This will be a fall game at the earliest and winter at the latest, they're not going to have time to judge whether or not a reprint is worth it.

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well here's hoping that Catherine/Persona games get a physical run. Guess I'll start looking for some of the physical releases I want for the system before they become ultra rare.
Just in case though : What are some good import sites for vita? There's a few I do want physically but they're Asian English release only.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if The House in Fata Morgana can still get a release with the deadlines.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if The House in Fata Morgana can still get a release with the deadlines.

Everyone start praying to whatever god(s) or devil(s) you worship. We need this visual novel to be a localization reality. I've lost any and all hope for Dies Irae, the only other visual novel I want for my Vita at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
Sad news, I mentioned in the vita discord that this is probably vita's last year and then the next day that news pop up.
OniBaka

;)

Everyone start praying to whatever god(s) or devil(s) you worship. We need this visual novel to be a localization reality. I've lost any and all hope for Dies Irae, the only other visual novel I want for my Vita at this point.

Done my part. This is my most wanted VN ever.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Last time I messed around in Freedom Wars I had all my factories crafting stuff just before closing the game. Checked yesterday and one of them got me a rank 8 late bloomer EZ Katze ready to be upgraded to heaven and beyond.
Add to that the late patch that allowed us to do any retribution freely (cutting one of the various RNG related to crafting) and my stay will be a bit longer this time.

Things like gyro aiming from Splatoon and the auto-aim from Fatal Bullet are deeply missed though