• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Vita never got an Undertale theme via Fangamer orders right? Only PS4 orders got them? Asking for a friend.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but taking into account the price, are the Ninja Gaiden Sigmas worth it for the Vita?

I heard about fps problems but I am still kinda hoping it's an overblown problem.

Already finished both on ps3 but I would love to have them on vita since NG are my fav action games ever.

Jan 11, 2018
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but taking into account the price, are the Ninja Gaiden Sigmas worth it for the Vita?

The first one is a solid port, albeit capped at 30 fps. Do note that it does not feature Japanese audio.
The second one is a mess, and has unachievable trophies to boot (they removed online co-op, but forgot to remove the online co-op trophies lol).

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've downloaded the Vita content manager to PC but when I load the app on Vita it says I have to close the game (Freedom Wars) which is annoying as I mainly want to back up my save as the game has an issue loading up when I open the game

So it's all good and well backing up my save but if the game won't then open again I'm stuck. Is there no way to isolate the save file and copy it over without needing to close the game?

I'll probably keep playing and then try it when I get to a natural save point and see what happens

I'm 3 hours in so if I lose 3 hours then it's not the end of the world, and if the game doesn't turn back on I'll at least have the save backed up. I'll just need to get a new card before I can resume my file

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
I've downloaded the Vita content manager to PC but when I load the app on Vita it says I have to close the game (Freedom Wars) which is annoying as I mainly want to back up my save as the game has an issue loading up when I open the game

So it's all good and well backing up my save but if the game won't then open again I'm stuck. Is there no way to isolate the save file and copy it over without needing to close the game?

I'll probably keep playing and then try it when I get to a natural save point and see what happens

I'm 3 hours in so if I lose 3 hours then it's not the end of the world, and if the game doesn't turn back on I'll at least have the save backed up. I'll just need to get a new card before I can resume my file

I'm assuming you meant something like your game is corrupt or something.

1. backup (call this backup1)
2. delete game from Vita
3. download game again
4. put backup1 into a folder outside your CMA folder.
5. backup game again (backup2)
6. Copy the savefile from backup1 to backup2.
7. copy game back to PSP3.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Finished a couple of new reviews lately. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PSP, played on Vita):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/05/09/psp-star-wars-battlefront-ii-review/

And Crash Bandicoot Warped. Yep, the original, not the N-Sane version. Still brilliant:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/05/10/ps1-crash-bandicoot-warped-review/

Cool, I like reading other ERAers reviews. Went ahead and followed you, next time I beat a game on my vita I'll link my reviews too if people would like to read them.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Jan 11, 2018
My latest article is up - Vita's 10 most disappointing localization snubs. Games that came west on other platforms but not Vita.

My pick would be Secret of Mana, followed by SaGa Scarlet Grace (which we will be getting on other platforms later this year).

As for games that were never even localised: Lord of Apocalypse and Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy!

Last but not least, I am Setsuna not receiving a physical release on either PS4 or Vita really hurt too.

Notice the pattern...

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
My pick would be Secret of Mana, followed by SaGa Scarlet Grace (which we will be getting on other platforms later this year).

As for games that were never even localised: Lord of Apocalypse and Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy!

Last but not least, I am Setsuna not receiving a physical release on either PS4 or Vita really hurt too.

Notice the pattern...

We did get Secret of Mana, though.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Notice the pattern...

Big Square Enix fan then? :P

I am Setsuna is one I left off, wasn't particularly interested in that one myself. SaGa Scarlet Grace is one I'm expecting we'll get later this year and not on Vita yeah, which is a crying shame. Just like Coven - originally released as an exclusive, now not coming across at all.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I know you're right, but meh... digital only. After how much Square Enix supported the PSP it was really sad to see them not really give a toss about the Vita in the west (to be fair, they didn't bother much with the 3DS either).

I don't think we can be that harsh with digital-only Vita titles at this point, specially from bigger publishers like Square-Enix. It's amazing that they're still publishing digital Vita releases in 2018 by itself.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/05/14/vitas-10-most-disappointing-localization-snubs/

My latest article is up - Vita's 10 most disappointing localization snubs. Games that came west on other platforms but not Vita.

Sadly, there were probably enough of these to make two lists, but these were the ones that bothered me the most.

It's hard to be upset about the Gust snubs, since by all accounts their Vita ports are pretty lackluster. That said I want to import Blue Reflection just to have it.

Jan 11, 2018
I'm playing Freedom Wars at the moment. From what I've heard, if you do all the campaign missions co-op before you go through the campaign it'll let you skip the missions once you do. Any downsides to doing this? I guess it depends on the missions themselves, right? Would perhaps not be ideal if the missions spoiled anything, but if they're all sort of generic bosses when you go through them in co-op without context then it doesn't matter as much.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm playing Freedom Wars at the moment. From what I've heard, if you do all the campaign missions co-op before you go through the campaign it'll let you skip the missions once you do. Any downsides to doing this? I guess it depends on the missions themselves, right? Would perhaps not be ideal if the missions spoiled anything, but if they're all sort of generic bosses when you go through them in co-op without context then it doesn't matter as much.

I just started Freedom Wars recently, I'm only like 3 hours in

Happy to play some co-op if you need someone

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So my L button started to get "stuck" today (OG Vita model). It kept being pressed so I thoguht it might have been dirty or somethin. I used a neddle to clean around it carefully and now... The button doesnt work. Anything I can do about it?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I did it, and now when in an app, all buttons stop working.

I think I'll just go somewhere to fix it

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i kinda stopped going for a complete set when LRG started going ham, but i have to have the last phyiscal vita release, whatever that will be.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Goodnight sweet prince.
Think Atlus can squeeze Utawarerumono out? Will Aksys launch more Otome?
That window is closing fast

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goodnight sweet prince.
Think Atlus can squeeze Utawarerumono out? Will Aksys launch more Otome?
That window is closing fast

I don't think this should affect any releases. Altus would already have plans internally for their games. It was highly unlikely any new games would release physically past 2019 anyway. We can still get stuff digitally (hi Sekai.)

It does put a hard cap on LRG though. They'll need to have their requests in by June.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised that this day hasn't come sooner. I'm glad that we got what we did and there's a few months left here at least. Does this leave the opportunity open for a niche Asian publisher to keep it going though?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
So not even companies like LRG can put out official physical games for the Vita after the deadline? That's terrible.
The following quote from the article:
Sony's American and European branches "plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018,"
implies to me that no American or European companies will have the ability to produce physical copies of games.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess this rules out Atlus's Vita games unless they've already got plans laid out for them (Utawa remake, Persona 3/5 Dancing, Catherine)