• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of selling my Vita (and Wii U) next week when I'm done with Persona 3. I need to save money for Switch.
Do you think I should re-think it? I still feel bitter about it.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Thinking of selling my Vita (and Wii U) next week when I'm done with Persona 3. I need to save money for Switch.
I think it depends on how much you're getting for it and if there aren't other games on the platform you'd like to play, either already out or coming.

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't sell it since it is becoming rare in the west and I love it. But if you have no use for it and won't feel the itch to play some of it's exclusive then sure.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017

If you get like zero enjoyment from Vita now, them maybe you should think about selling it. With that said, what games do you have?

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Why not try any of the hundreds of other worthwhile Vita games before you get a Switch?

To add to this if you're in EU or NA there are Golden Week sales going till Tuesday so you can buy a lot of titles that otherwise wouldn't go on sale often. The games are cheap too, and like has been said there are a lot of them available - many really good.

The Switch is a nice system, sure, but the games and hardware are on the expensive side at the moment (especially as far as games go) and the library is still being built out. If it has a lot you're looking forward to then that's fine and perhaps worthwhile, but sticking with the Vita and waiting for price drops isn't a bad move, and the Vita does have several advantages over the Switch in its current form (more comfortable, cheaper games, more pocketable, cloud saves). It's your decision of course, but IMO selling a console isn't really such a good idea unless you're upgrading to one with BC, or getting a newer model of the same family.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
One Piece Unlimited World Red has been pulled from the store (apart from the PS4 version).

Hope the DLC wasn't worth it because I didn't grab it before it went!

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you guys.

Only Persona 4 and ps1 classics.
Please consider playing Tearaway and Soul Sacrifice Delta before selling your Vita. They're Vita exclusives (Tearaway's PS4 version's different), and they're two goddamn masterpieces that are overlooked because they're exclusive to Vita.

Tearaway has some of the best implementation of platform-specific gimmicks in a game I've EVER seen (up there with The World Ends With You and 999).

Plus, it has this:

And Soul Sacrifice Delta has this (composed by Yasunori Mitsuda):

FriedConsole

Oct 27, 2017

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
How do you deal with the "Network features may be disabled during the use of this application"? I've noticed after playing some games that it prevents you from connecting to anything (WiFi at least), even if you go into Settings, and I've had to restart the Vita to get them back. It seems to be the case even after I've closed the game (ie nothing showing up as running when pressing the PS button from the main menu). Is there a way to reenable them without having to restart the system?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
How do you deal with the "Network features may be disabled during the use of this application"? I've noticed after playing some games that it prevents you from connecting to anything (WiFi at least), even if you go into Settings, and I've had to restart the Vita to get them back. It seems to be the case even after I've closed the game (ie nothing showing up as running when pressing the PS button from the main menu). Is there a way to reenable them without having to restart the system?

iirc, certain games disable the wifi to get better performance - the Atelier games all do off the top of my head.

Normally I just connect to the PS Store afterwards and my internet connection is fine again. I've never had to restart my console.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
iirc, certain games disable the wifi to get better performance - the Atelier games all do off the top of my head.

Normally I just connect to the PS Store afterwards and my internet connection is fine again. I've never had to restart my console.

Thanks a lot for that. Will keep it in mind.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
There are rumors going around that PQube will be cancelling the physical release of Omega Labyrinth Z in Europe.

Jan 11, 2018
I wish PQube would go back to publishing mostly fighting games. How they went from that to Europe's primary source for panty shot games is beyond me.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I wish PQube would go back to publishing mostly fighting games. How they went from that to Europe's primary source for panty shot games is beyond me.

They still publish pretty much all ASW fighters in Europe. They did UNIELST earlier this year and are doing Blazblue soon.

They've just expanded and made their own localization arm as well. Not a bad thing, surely?

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Think it's to save performance. I believe Virtue's Last Reward of all games does the same thing.

Jan 11, 2018
They've just expanded and made their own localization arm as well. Not a bad thing, surely?

No, but I wish they'd expand in a different direction.

Nah, I commend them for localizing games no one would, specially with Steins;Gate back then when no one would give it a chance.

I do too. Nothing against visual novels.

I still love them for bringing Arc System Works titles over, but yeah... too many jailbait waifu games in their line-up in recent years imo.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
No, but I wish they'd expand in a different direction.

I still love them for bringing Arc System Works titles over, but yeah... too many jailbait waifu games in their line-up in recent years imo.

I mean... I just ignore the titles I'm not interested in (like Omega Labyrinth). They still bring tonnes of interesting stuff across and I'm so happy they started localizing titles (otherwise we wouldn't have gotten Root Letter, Steins;Gate, Valkyrie Drive etc.)

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, I hear you. I'm not saying they're a terrible company or anything. I like a lot of what they do. But in recent times there's been a lot of focus on stuff like Omega Labyrinth Z and that new panty shot game. It's all over their social media and the image they're projecting at the moment. Aksys on the other hand also publishes ASW fighting games + visual novels and their image is a lot better, imo.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Probably way late to the party on this, but I saw a video today about emulation on 3.60< firmware, and it really intrigues me. I would ideally like to find a white OLED for a decent price, but I haven't found any luck so far.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I hear you. I'm not saying they're a terrible company or anything. I like a lot of what they do. But in recent times there's been a lot of focus on stuff like Omega Labyrinth Z and that new panty shot game. It's all over their social media and the image they're projecting at the moment. Aksys on the other hand also publishes ASW fighting games + visual novels and their image is a lot better, imo.
Aksys don't really do Visual novels, they do Otome which they seem to be cranking out to the max lately which is a shame because there are better things that need localising and neither of the companies seem to be going for games older than a couple years old

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Aksys don't really do Visual novels, they do Otome which they seem to be cranking out to the max lately which is a shame because there are better things that need localising and neither of the companies seem to be going for games older than a couple years old

They did the Jake Hunter games (they're localizing one for the 3DS this year), the Arcsys games (Xblaze, TTGH), the Zero Escape games, even Banshee's Last Cry. They're no strangers to visual novels that are not otome.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017

Said otome ARE visual novels :P. There aren't any better games that Aksys could localize.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
too many jailbait waifu games in their line-up in recent years imo.

which is a shame because there are better things that need localising

No offence guys, but what's with the "I don't like something therefore it shouldn't be localized" attitude in these posts?

I happen to like otome games and don't really think there are better things that need localizing by Aksys. I've been asking for Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly for like two years.

The whole 'panty shot' thing feels like we're back in 2013 and it's another discussion of "Vita is only for weirdos" with gifs of Monster Monpiece flying all over the place. PQube are a great example of how to balance things - yes, they do a lot of ecchi games because there's clearly a lot of people in their localization that are fans of that kinda stuff. And they balance it out with a hell of a lot of other stuff too like Muv Luv and the Science Adventure games. They clearly play up the advertising aspect of it, but what's wrong with that if it's getting them sales?

Jan 11, 2018
I was talking specifically about PQube. I never said that a particular type of game should not be localised (in general), just that I felt like PQube in particular are going in the wrong direction with their portfolio.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I was talking specifically about PQube. I never said that a particular type of game should not be localised (in general), just that I felt like PQube in particular are going in the wrong direction with their portfolio.

But... they're going the same direction they were with their portfolio, they've just added more to it as well. I don't see what the harm is? You don't have to buy their ecchi games (I rarely do) and the fighting games will keep coming.

I don't want to seem like I'm directing all this towards you - I can understand your viewpoint because I'm not a massive fan of the Gal Gun/Punchline type content myself. I've just never empathised with the viewpoint that we should've been getting something else instead - they clearly pick up games like this because the team who work there like them, therefore if they weren't picking them up, would they have a localization arm at all? I've no idea. It's not like there's a sea of unlocalized Japanese titles in this day and age anyway - most of the games which can get picked up do get picked up (the stuff that gets left in Japan tends to be off-limits like Super Robot Wars or Phantasy Star Nova).

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly couldn't care less about what PQube has been announcing recently. I understand "why" they're going in that direction (they're filling a niche that no one else will), but there's so much better niche shit that other developers have that I wish could be picked up instead of some of this trash. So many NIS VNs that get thrown to the wayside because Nisa outright ignores them and for the love of god why hasn't someone picked up Date a Live (it has a Vita version and got a PS4 port a little over half a year ago)? All Vita gets is Otomes and a single Yuri game, why can't we get a Bishoujo VN when there's clearly a market for them over here? Same with all the horror VNs that NIS has.

There's over a dozen non VNs that have also been suggested to death over the years that no one seems to want to pick up. I would mention the Atlus/Aquaplus titles, but I'd assume we'll hear something on that around E3 if they do plan to pick any of them up (other than Persona 3/5 Dancing, because we're getting those in some form).

Last edited:

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
PQube? *checks shelf for latest addition* Shantae Half Genie UE, hmm, *checks every recent fighting game that isn't Tekken 7*, hmmm, *checks the VN section* I think they are doing fine?

They seem to have a lot of different stuff in their portfolio and thank god for that.

Still have no clue, however, what's the exact beef against Omega Labyrinth when worse stuff like both Criminal Girls games and Monster Monpiece got through just fine.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
I have a friend that anytime I mention any VN getting localized he'll ask why it's not "Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram"

Guy loves VNs way more than I do (I'm usually the one who dislikes them), that's why I mention them to him, but some people just like to complain.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend that anytime I mention any VN getting localized he'll ask why it's not "Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram"

Guy loves VNs way more than I do (I'm usually the one who dislikes them), that's why I mention them to him, but some people just like to complain.

That one is getting localized as a bonus for the PS4 release of Steins;Gate Elite.