• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget about the incest bdsm, but not really incest / your daughter is your wifes sister who died and lived in your wife before being reborn as your daughter / and god damn cannibalism. Among other more tame things such as abductions and cheating.

And their next releases went with full-blown biological incest. Still, to each their own.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Outside of the piss scene (which isn't sexual and while weird is strangely uplifting) the first two thirds of the game is a fairly cute story about love and attending nursing school. And 1 or 2 of the endings are perfectly normal. The rest of the game is just batshit crazy though.

what the hell did you just play
Im not sure I will ever know the answer. I may be haunted for the rest of time.

In other news I got my copy of Chasm from EAS finally. Looking forward to playing it. But I will probably knock out some multiplayer trophies in other games first.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
People who are hungry for yuri content on consoles. There are some okay routes in these games, but there are some borderline unplayable ones. Wish we could've gotten games like Flowers instead of these.
Maybe if Jast finishes the PC releases, we could get the Switch/PS4 ports someday.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget about the incest bdsm, but not really incest / your daughter is your wifes sister who died and lived in your wife before being reborn as your daughter / and god damn cannibalism. Among other more tame things such as abductions and cheating.

Sounds like it reads like a fever dream lol.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still uhm-ing and ahh-ing about whether I want to play the NLA and YR games. I owned NLA and NLS but sold them earlier this year when I was going through a bit of a clear-out of my collection and thought I'd never play them.

I've loved a lot of visual novels of Vita but those don't sound like my cup of tea at all.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
www.play-asia.com

UnMetal [Limited Edition]

UnMetal [Limited Edition] PLAY EXCLUSIVES for PlayStation VitaLIMITED TO 2,500 EDITIONS. ON SALE UNTIL SOLD OUT.From the maker of UnEpic comes a brand new 2D action stealth game...In 1972 a crack commando squad threw you in prison for a crime you didn't commit. You promptly escaped from a...

Available today from eastasiasoft.

jak153

Oct 30, 2017
If anybody is even considering Unmetal I'd check out the demo on steam. I was on the fence but I really enjoyed the humor and gameplay of it so i decided to use some of my Playcoins and get it since I don't think there's that many interesting releases left that could happen outside of Timespinner and unless a miracle happens, Prelude to the Fallen, which is a shame since that game seems to be out of print since launch

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
www.play-asia.com

UnMetal [Limited Edition]

UnMetal [Limited Edition] PLAY EXCLUSIVES for PlayStation VitaLIMITED TO 2,500 EDITIONS. ON SALE UNTIL SOLD OUT.From the maker of UnEpic comes a brand new 2D action stealth game...In 1972 a crack commando squad threw you in prison for a crime you didn't commit. You promptly escaped from a...

Available today from eastasiasoft.

Yet another one I received no email about.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, have people noticed how it's "possible" for western companies to reprint their titles in Asia? Aksys has since released a reprint for Muramasa Rebirth in Asia without the ESRB logo.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Wondering if anyone can answer this query I have, since I can't find a solid answer online: I've downloaded a few games on my PS3 to transfer to my Vita and remember there was a bug or something when using the 2-step verification that meant you couldn't transfer - did that ever get fixed to allow transferring with it active, or do I need to disable it while transferring? Thanks.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know of an affordable and good grip with L2/R2 buttons? I've been looking around, but the one everyone raves about from Hori costs about as much as a used Vita.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Are these being sold on their site? Or Play-Asia/other equivalent site?

I found it on Play-Asia.

www.play-asia.com

Muramasa Rebirth (English)

Muramasa Rebirth (English) for PlayStation VitaRedesigned for the PlayStation®Vita system, Muramasa includes hi-res graphics, enhanced controls, a complete relocalization in English, and more!Two Stories Follow Momohime, a princess possessed by an evil spirit, and journey west battling demons...

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I found it on Play-Asia.

www.play-asia.com

Muramasa Rebirth (English) for PlayStation VitaRedesigned for the PlayStation®Vita system, Muramasa includes hi-res graphics, enhanced controls, a complete relocalization in English, and more!Two Stories Follow Momohime, a princess possessed by an evil spirit, and journey west battling demons...

Play Asia seemed to do a big batch of Asian reprints not too long ago.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I found it on Play-Asia.

www.play-asia.com

it says the release date on that was in 2013, sure this isn't just an old release?

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
it says the release date on that was in 2013, sure this isn't just an old release?
Here's a web archive of the page from 2015:

Muramasa Rebirth (English) * In stock, usually ships within 24hrs * Redesigned for the PlayStation®Vita system, Muramasa includes hi-res graphics, enhanced controls, a complete relocalization in English, and more! * Two Stories Follow Momohime, a princess possessed by an evil spirit, and journey...

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a web archive of the page from 2015:

Muramasa Rebirth (English) * In stock, usually ships within 24hrs * Redesigned for the PlayStation®Vita system, Muramasa includes hi-res graphics, enhanced controls, a complete relocalization in English, and more! * Two Stories Follow Momohime, a princess possessed by an evil spirit, and journey...

Interesting, so the asian print is old and not actually something recent.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Few new things I've written in the past month - including 11 Vita games to look forward to this year (last time I'll be able to do this, probably!)

kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com

11 Vita games to look forward to in 2021

I think it’s safe to say that 2020 is going to go down in history as not the finest year and this extends to Vita too – despite an impressive 57 games released in English in total (and …

And a look at Tamsoft's history on Vita:

A history of Vita games: Developer spotlight – Tamsoft

The ninth in a series of articles I’m planning on writing, looking at the output of a number of Vita-supporting developers from launch through to the present day. I’ll be examining what their histo…

Attractio review (decent little Portal-esque puzzler, albeit with absolutely absymal handheld performance):

(Vita) Attractio review

While it apes the Portal first-person puzzle formula very closely, Attractio brings enough of its own ideas to the table to make it worthwhile – despite the terrible performance on Vita. Deve…

DanganRonpa V3 review (never thought anything would come close to the first game... yet this one does it):

(Vita) DanganRonpa V3: Killing Harmony review

A thrilling third entry in arguably the Vita’s defining franchise, that wraps things up in stunning fashion to make one of the most memorable gaming experiences I’ve had in years. Devel…

METAGAL review (Mega Man clone, probably decent, I didn't enjoy it though):

(Vita) METAGAL review

A solidly made if not particularly memorable challenging 2D platformer that apes the Mega Man formula to the letter. Developer RetroRevolution; Ratalaika Games Publisher Ratalaika Games; eastasiaso…

Samurai Warriors 4-II review (I loved this game - it's the best flowing Warriors combat I've played):

(Vita) Samurai Warriors 4-II review

Omega Force’s “perfect” version of Samurai Warriors 4 doesn’t really make enough tweaks to justify its existence, but the core gameplay is still so solid that it makes for a…

And a couple of older games review - Ridge Racer on PSP is outstanding:

(PSP) Ridge Racer review

A thrilling re-invention of the classic racing franchise that still stays true to its fast-paced, drift-heavy arcade roots and also brings back some of the series’ most memorable tracks. Deve…

Theme Park on PS1 is aged yet still charming and addictive (for a couple of hours):

(PS1) Theme Park review

(Please note – this is a review of the version of Theme Park (aka テーマパーク) that is available through the Japanese PSN Store for Vita) Bullfrog’s well-regarded business management sim mixes hum…

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Amusingly just after publishing that article I've found out that the devs of Drifter are still claiming it's coming to Vita:

Another one like Heart Forth Alicia which was announced in 2014 and still isn't finished. I was super hyped for this back in the day, but that was when there wasn't much else like it on the market.

Steam reviews say it hasn't been updated since 2017 and is still in Early Access, so I'll believe it when I see it.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Few new things I've written in the past month - including 11 Vita games to look forward to this year (last time I'll be able to do this, probably!)

11 Vita games to look forward to in 2021

I think it’s safe to say that 2020 is going to go down in history as not the finest year and this extends to Vita too – despite an impressive 57 games released in English in total (and …

And a look at Tamsoft's history on Vita:

A history of Vita games: Developer spotlight – Tamsoft

The ninth in a series of articles I’m planning on writing, looking at the output of a number of Vita-supporting developers from launch through to the present day. I’ll be examining what their histo…

Attractio review (decent little Portal-esque puzzler, albeit with absolutely absymal handheld performance):

(Vita) Attractio review

While it apes the Portal first-person puzzle formula very closely, Attractio brings enough of its own ideas to the table to make it worthwhile – despite the terrible performance on Vita. Deve…

DanganRonpa V3 review (never thought anything would come close to the first game... yet this one does it):

(Vita) DanganRonpa V3: Killing Harmony review

A thrilling third entry in arguably the Vita’s defining franchise, that wraps things up in stunning fashion to make one of the most memorable gaming experiences I’ve had in years. Devel…

METAGAL review (Mega Man clone, probably decent, I didn't enjoy it though):

(Vita) METAGAL review

A solidly made if not particularly memorable challenging 2D platformer that apes the Mega Man formula to the letter. Developer RetroRevolution; Ratalaika Games Publisher Ratalaika Games; eastasiaso…

Samurai Warriors 4-II review (I loved this game - it's the best flowing Warriors combat I've played):

(Vita) Samurai Warriors 4-II review

Omega Force’s “perfect” version of Samurai Warriors 4 doesn’t really make enough tweaks to justify its existence, but the core gameplay is still so solid that it makes for a…

And a couple of older games review - Ridge Racer on PSP is outstanding:

(PSP) Ridge Racer review

A thrilling re-invention of the classic racing franchise that still stays true to its fast-paced, drift-heavy arcade roots and also brings back some of the series’ most memorable tracks. Deve…

Theme Park on PS1 is aged yet still charming and addictive (for a couple of hours):

(PS1) Theme Park review

(Please note – this is a review of the version of Theme Park (aka テーマパーク) that is available through the Japanese PSN Store for Vita) Bullfrog’s well-regarded business management sim mixes hum…

My fingers are still crossed for Pixel Noire to happen on Vita.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
My fingers are still crossed for Pixel Noire to happen on Vita.

The devs still insist it's coming to Vita, and at this point if you were gonna cancel it you'd just do it like every other Kickstarter on the market.

That said, the Heart Forth Alicia devs are saying the same thing and I've little hope that'll actually happen.

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
What did I just read up top. Like the summary of a Takashi Miike film

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but man it sucks that Sony destroyed their online store. I assume that means Vita games won't ever go on sale again

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Upon the heat death of our universe, a new one will take place. Maybe in that one, 14 billion years after its formation, there will be a Sharin no Kuni Vita release.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Today one year ago we last heard about the physical copies of VVVVVV. If they were made why have the not been sold yet? It hurts.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Today one year ago we last heard about the physical copies of VVVVVV. If they were made why have the not been sold yet? It hurts.
on the subject of this and 1001 spikes, i saw the other day that josh had a theory they don't actually exist and only the samples that they made are the only existing copies because they probably missed out on the 2019 deadline