• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters
Jan 11, 2018
I know lol. I ended up staying up late-ish last night deciding what I want to buy because I thought "if I wait until tomorrow they'll be gone", and I was right. That was exactly what happened last time Play Asia had a Vita sale haha.

I was looking at Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 since we never got a physical copy of that here in Europe. I watched a video review and was quickly reminded why this series isn't for me and that I shouldn't just buy something just to have it in my collection just because it's cheap xD

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/81h4s0/i_am_chris_ling_ceo_of_sekai_project_ama/

Sekai Project AMA on reddit, answered a few Vita questions at least:

How did the Root Double EU Vita disaster happen?

There was some miscommunication on both ends and we must admit we jumped the gun in our excitement to account the release of the Vita. Once we received the questions for EU we reached out to the developers and clarified the situation of promising backers their game. This was a mistake mostly on our side, we were very happy to announce the release and did so without confirming everything that needed to be confirmed.

Vita Vita Vita??

Soon Soon Soon! It's taken us a long time as we've been working with many contractors to work on these ports. We've had setbacks in porting from time to time with programming issues. Some titles needed to be scrapped and started over again, it has been a learning process for us hence why we no longer promise new Vita/Console titles until we are sure that it is possible within a reasonable amount of time.

What's the status of the console/macOS/Linux Unity port of World End Economica?

Currently, episode 1 has been ported to unity and is almost done testing while episode 2 is in QA and episode 3 is still in the process of being ported.

Once the work is done on all three games, we can move forward with porting to console and finishing our Kickstarter obligations.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Been playing Steamworld Dig atm and loving it. Think its quite a short game, so was looking in purchasing the sequel but saw its £15.99, seems steep. Had a look at psprices site and it hasn't dropped in price nor been in a sale.

Anyone played this and the first one, how do they compare, worth that amount for the sequel when I assume its a short game to.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The Count Lucanor on Vita is an absolute shitshow.

Crashes all the time, buggy, save more than 6 times and the game breaks itself to the point where you have to uninstall it and redo everything. How did this get past QA? Even more puzzling, how is it so badly screwed and yet they still decided to do a physical release?

I doubt it ever gets patched, even the PS4 version is still corrupting saves and crashing every time you enter a new screen. ._.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Count Lucanor on Vita is an absolute shitshow.

Crashes all the time, buggy, save more than 6 times and the game breaks itself to the point where you have to uninstall it and redo everything. How did this get past QA? Even more puzzling, how is it so badly screwed and yet they still decided to do a physical release?

I doubt it ever gets patched, even the PS4 version is still corrupting saves and crashing every time you enter a new screen. ._.

Yeah, it really sucks, especially since it's an interesting game. They've claimed that there's a patch coming but we'll see if it can manage to fix everything wrong with the game.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
In regards to Root Double, is there a possibility of non-backers being able to get a physical release of the Vita version? Or was there even a physical Vita version available to back?

Jan 11, 2018
It wouldn't surprise me if it does though, but I still think it's ridiculous that an American company can prevent a European release. Because ultimately, they do not distribute games in Europe. They are an American publisher, and all of their games are ESRB rated. I'd feel slightly better about situations like this if they actually had a proper European branch.

LatteToGo

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, joining the vita train recently. I've only 4 game now. Persona 4 (the reason for purchasing vita, Dead or Alive Extreme 3, Wolf among Us, and Dungeon Travelers 2. As you might guest I'm interested in mature base game cause I'm kinda liking playing these game anywhere and without being bother. Is there anymore mature game I'm still missing?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if it does though, but I still think it's ridiculous that an American company can prevent a European release. Because ultimately, they do not distribute games in Europe. They are an American publisher, and all of their games are ESRB rated. I'd feel slightly better about situations like this if they actually had a proper European branch.

it's probably LRG trying to save their ass from a publisher in Europe announcing it earlier to undercut their sales and being left with a dead fish but then again it's probably only around 15% that buy from LRG outside of america so it probably wouldn't affect them, i know i would've bought ghost blade HD from them if they did release it after the play-asia release but since they didn't i won't bother to save me from having to deal with play-asia

Jan 11, 2018
Then you either agree on a deal for the announcement or make your publishing deal time limited, so that at least publishers in other regions can pick it up once your release is over and done with. Their behaviour also raises some eyebrows though. They kept quiet about a deal for two years, which is probably part of the reason why the developer ignored their contract, and they took so long releasing Fallen Legion that a definitive edition is getting a regular retail release on Switch. That is no doubt going to be the better deal for most people if they either own or plan to own a Switch. We've also seen LRG pick up titles that have already been released in Europe and/or Japan, like Rabi Ribi.

As for Play Asia, I think they're great. What makes you so reluctant to shop there?

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Then you either agree on a deal for the announcement or make your publishing deal time limited, so that at least publishers in other regions can pick it up once your release is over and done with. Their behaviour also raises some eyebrows though. They kept quiet about a deal for two years, which is probably part of the reason why the developer ignored their contract, and they took so long releasing Fallen Legion that a definitive edition is getting a regular retail release on Switch. That is no doubt going to be the better deal for most people if they either own or plan to own a Switch. We've also seen LRG pick up titles that have already been released in Europe and/or Japan, like Rabi Ribi.

As for Play Asia, I think they're great. What makes you so reluctant to shop there?

Dunno about other people, but Play-Asia is really iffy/shady to me. They cancel a lot of orders on me and cite stock issues, but then turn around and not five minutes later list the item as in-stock but with a price hike. Also they're shipping process is woefully slow, like I import a lot and it always amazes how slow they are in comparison to other retailers.

For people outside US, a lot of P-A avoidance might revolve around taxes/duties.

Jan 11, 2018
I'm in Europe and I've ordered from them maybe 3-4 times and I've never had any issues. Ordered 4 Vita games last week and they'd shipped my package the next day. That being said, I almost exclusively order Japanese/Asian releases from them. Stuff that's otherwise hard for me to track down at a good price, even via eBay.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I've placed about 30 orders with Play-Asia over the past 4 years, UK gamer here.

Genuinely haven't had any problems with them aside from the shipping prices thing a few months back. I often jump on their price reductions (i.e. picked up Hero Must Die and Ukiyo no Roushi for like ~ £20 each) and they've always honored them, although the price has gone straight back up after my order lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, joining the vita train recently. I've only 4 game now. Persona 4 (the reason for purchasing vita, Dead or Alive Extreme 3, Wolf among Us, and Dungeon Travelers 2. As you might guest I'm interested in mature base game cause I'm kinda liking playing these game anywhere and without being bother. Is there anymore mature game I'm still missing?
You mean fan service games? Or games that are not made for kids?

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Oh right so I meant to bring this up earlier, but I was drunk like every other weekend and forgot.

That Neo Atlas game is coming to Switch in the West, and previously it released on PC. This was a Vita exclusive game in Japan, and yet in the west...

Granted, I don't think we're missing out on much given how the game turned out but still.

Jan 11, 2018
I wouldn't even consider SS a "monster hunter type game", even if it does have some similarities. It definitely has an identity of its own.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
Criminal Girls 1-2, Moe Chronicles (Asia import) and the Valkyria game are all pretty lewd from what I've read around here. Not games for me though....

I would definitely suggest Criminal Girls 1 (NOT the PSP version coz the mini-games are EXTREMELY hard in that version) if you like RPG mechanics. By like RPG mechanics, I do mean like RPG mechanics. And not just winning in RPG games or playing games that are RPG.

CG1 has good RPG balance that strikes quite real well for most of the game.

Also, the new Valkyria game is lewd? We're talking about the one with tanks and shit, right?

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would definitely suggest Criminal Girls 1 (NOT the PSP version coz the mini-games are EXTREMELY hard in that version) if you like RPG mechanics. By like RPG mechanics, I do mean like RPG mechanics. And not just winning in RPG games or playing games that are RPG.

CG1 has good RPG balance that strikes quite real well for most of the game.

Also, the new Valkyria game is lewd? We're talking about the one with tanks and shit, right?

I believe he meant Valkyrie Drive, which is a really good brawler in the style of Senran Kagura.
I second recommending that, and Criminal Girls as a good RPG. Also if you like dungeon crawlers, check out Omega Labyrinth Z when it releases, or the original if Japanese is not as issue.