• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Really regret not getting V3 physical sooner now. I assumed it would still be kicking around retailers like copies of 1 & 2 are but its not and with this the demand for the physical is only going to go up.

Did cop a new copy of axiom verge for a reasonable price recently though. Happy about that.

Last edited:

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Really regret not getting V3 physical sooner now. I assumed it would still be kicking around retailers like copies of 1 & 2 are but its not and with this the demand for the physical is only going to go up.

Did cop a new copy of axiom verge for a reasonable price recently though. Happy about that.

I went ahead and bought the Danganronpa games digitally a day before the delist. Glad I did.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

I went ahead and bought the Danganronpa games digitally a day before the delist. Glad I did.
The sad thing is even if you got the physical copy you would have had to get the HQ Audio DLC before the delist if you wanted the proper experience.
When I recently found my unicorn V3 retail copy it was already delisted, though I was able to install it through Vitashell, just hope it works.
Without it the game apparently sounds very tinny.
Same Applies for the free french translation DLC and for Ultra Despair Girls and its free japanese Audio DLC.
There's no way to get those now other than with a modded Vita.

Last edited:

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
The sad thing is even if you got the physical copy you would have had to get HQ Audio DLC before the delist if you wanted the proper experience.
When I recently found my unicorn V3 retail copy it was already delisted, though I was able to install it through Vitashell, just hope it works.
Same Applies for the free french translation DLC and for Ultra Despair Girls and its free japanese Audio DLC.
Damn, didn't know about this.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
The sad thing is even if you got the physical copy you would have had to get the HQ Audio DLC before the delist if you wanted the proper experience.

I bought all the games plus DLC on Vita so I'm good. For delisting games I make sure to get everything in one or two mass purchases. Thanks for the heads up though.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Damn, hadn't considered this. Less keen to look out for a physical Vita copy now. :/

I wonder if Spike Chunsoft will relist V3 on Vita + the DLC.

Edit: Having read back a page, nope. :(

Last edited:

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
So just to double check here, I panic bought Burnout Legends on the NA PS online store. I need a PS3 to download it there and then transfer to Vita? Is their anyway to "spoof" a PS3 or transfer from PC?

I don't think so but I'm a little disappointed. Their was one or two that I believe only said PSP on the onine store and still work on my Vita. If anything I'll just find someone with a PS3 and transfer it over but it's just annoying

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I have started playing 13 Sentinels via Remote Play yesterday, it's such a shame the Vita version was cancelled, it's such a perfect fit for the system.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I wouldn't mind using my phone for remote play, if it weren't for the fact that the DS4 is not supported (even with the cable, possibly because it's the "new" DS4). The best part is how it works perfectly well with Steam Link, both with cable and with bluetooth.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
So just to double check here, I panic bought Burnout Legends on the NA PS online store. I need a PS3 to download it there and then transfer to Vita? Is their anyway to "spoof" a PS3 or transfer from PC?

I don't think so but I'm a little disappointed. Their was one or two that I believe only said PSP on the onine store and still work on my Vita. If anything I'll just find someone with a PS3 and transfer it over but it's just annoying

No, PS3 transfer is the only way I'm afraid.

Dec 2, 2017
If I wanted a Japanese Vita, what would I need to buy to be able to charge it? I'm in the UK and the ebay listings just say I'd need a transformer.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
If I wanted a Japanese Vita, what would I need to buy to be able to charge it? I'm in the UK and the ebay listings just say I'd need a transformer.

No such thing, you can use whatever you use to charge microusb devices (assuming you're after a 2000).
If you use the original charger, you'll need at most a plug adapter (it's bivolt too - I'd say it's the same worldwide and they change the plug cord as needed).

For the OLED you'll need the proprietary cable, but then you can use it with your phone charger, plugged into a console/PC etc.

I have a JP 2000 and charge either via PS4 or my anker wall charger.

Dec 2, 2017
No such thing, you can use whatever you use to charge microusb devices (assuming you're after a 2000).
If you use the original charger, you'll need at most a plug adapter (it's bivolt too - I'd say it's the same worldwide and they change the plug cord as needed).

For the OLED you'll need the proprietary cable, but then you can use it with your phone charger, plugged into a console/PC etc.

I have a JP 2000 and charge either via PS4 or my anker wall charger.
Oh. On eBay they made it sound a lot more work. Thanks.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
No longer coming to Vita:
www.gematsu.com

ANONYMOUS;CODE launches in fall 2021 for PS4 and Switch in Japan; PS Vita version cancelled

ANONYMOUS;CODE will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch in fall 2021 in Japan, publisher MAGES. and developer Chiyomaru Studio announced. The previously planned PS Vita version is no longer in deve…
I had already forgotten about this game. Not surprising at all that the Vita version was cancelled, though.

Completely unrelated, but i'm still mad at Chiyomaru for what he did with the Occultic;Nine LN.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Various Vita stuff I've written over the past month and a half:

Article about all the action games on Vita:

kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com

Action games on Vita

The fourteenth in a series of articles I’m writing, looking at all the games available in a particular genre on Vita. The articles will highlight all Vita-native games, as well as any backwards-com…

Review of Heroes Trials (worse than I imagined it would be action-RPG):

(Vita) Heroes Trials review

A bare-bones action-RPG from Ratalaika Games that has some good ideas, but fails to capitalise on them properly. Developer Shinyuden; Ratalaika Games Publisher Ratalaika Games Franchise N/A Genre A…

Review of Need for Speed: Most Wanted (flawed but still very enjoyabe open-world racer):

(Vita) Need for Speed: Most Wanted review

Criterion’s take on the Need for Speed franchise is full of fast and furious driving, high-speed crashing and a fantastic open-world – that is an absolute joy to explore, despite a few …

Review of Red Bow (forgettable horror adventure):

(Vita) Red Bow review

(Disclaimer – this is a review I wrote for VGChartz originally, hence the difference in formatting. I’m moving it to my own site for archiving sake. If I replay the game one day, I may re-write thi…

Review of Swordbreaker: The Game (short but decent choose-your-own-adventure story):

(Vita) Swordbreaker The Game review

(Disclaimer – this is a review I wrote for VGChartz originally, hence the difference in formatting. I’m moving it to my own site for archiving sake. If I replay the game one day, I may re-write thi…

Review of Future Cop: LAPD PS1 (forgotten classic - I got this game on my Vita through the store compatibility glitch):

(PS1) Future Cop: LAPD review

An early precursor to the tower-defence/MOBA genre with buckets of charm and a fantastic gameplay loop that makes it an easy recommendation even decades later. Developer EA Redwood Shores Publisher…

Review of Sonic Rivals 2 PSP (minor improvement over the original but still disappointing):

(PSP) Sonic Rivals 2 review

A tweaked sequel (tweakuel?) that offer more of the racing-platforming contained in the original, but doesn’t make massive strides forward to improve any of it. Developer Backbone Entertainme…

Hellraider

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Would by any chance anyone be interested in doing some Soul Sacrifice Delta missions for the co-op trophy? Online is obviously a wasteland and having these trophies on the way to platinum is extremely annoying. Surely I can't be the only one that still needs them! :P

Jan 11, 2018
Would by any chance anyone be interested in doing some Soul Sacrifice Delta missions for the co-op trophy? Online is obviously a wasteland and having these trophies on the way to platinum is extremely annoying. Surely I can't be the only one that still needs them! :P

You don't actually need to play with anyone to get them, even if it's more fun that way.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Been playing Hot Shots Golf again recently and actually got all the crowns. Platinum is within reach that that feels awesome.

Papers please prices are falling on ebay slowly but surely. Hopefully I can grab it for a more reasonable price soon.

Review of Need for Speed: Most Wanted (flawed but still very enjoyabe open-world racer)

I really enjoyed this game. Really brought me back to the gamecube / PS2 days. Also features Toronto City Hall in it which was a pleasant surprise.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Huh, I did not know that. It's a fictional city right, but they lifted some real world locations?
As far as I am aware Toronto City hall is the only real world location lifted. Suprisingingly there are no good screenshots I can find on the web but you can see Toronto City Hall here:
City_Hall%2C_Toronto%2C_Ontario.jpg

And you can see it in game at 18:17 to 19:55 in this video:

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I like how the download list on the store doesn't show PS4 content anymore, that's convenient at least. But I really wish it didn't show PS3 stuff either, my list would be about 60% smaller and much easier to navigate. Also thankfully the store isn't popping up errors messages on every page anymore.

Anyone know if Sony went back in and added the ability to get the games that are available on PSN but weren't discoverable on the Vita store? If not, so basically is a chunk of the Vita's available library just gone forever now?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
"Greetings everyone,

We want to share with you our monthly update, covering the current progress of the Sharin no Kuni project.

Progress of the different versions of the game

■ VITA Version:

Since debugging is now in its final stages, we can share with you the following schedule:

• November 2020: Debug completion
  • December 2020: Start of manufacturing of the physical version
  • February 2021: Manufacture completion, sharing of the shipping schedule
  • March 2021: Shipping of physical version and distribution of digital version"

www.kickstarter.com

Update 68: Project Progress Update #24: Monthly Report (October 2020) · Re: Sharin no Kuni Project

Greetings everyone, We want to share with you our monthly update, covering the current progress of the Sharin no Kuni project. Progress of the different versions of the game ■ VITA Version: Since debugging is now in its final stages, we can share with you the following schedule: November...

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
"Greetings everyone,

We want to share with you our monthly update, covering the current progress of the Sharin no Kuni project.

■ VITA Version:

Since debugging is now in its final stages, we can share with you the following schedule:

www.kickstarter.com

Update 68: Project Progress Update #24: Monthly Report (October 2020) · Re: Sharin no Kuni Project

Greetings everyone, We want to share with you our monthly update, covering the current progress of the Sharin no Kuni project. Progress of the different versions of the game ■ VITA Version: Since debugging is now in its final stages, we can share with you the following schedule: November...

Good stuff for people waiting on this.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
"Greetings everyone,

■ VITA Version:

www.kickstarter.com

giphy.gif

Too bad my dumb ass thought it was going to be like the other physical runs from EAS lol

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
I'm really, really lttp, but I was finally feeling it to consider buying a Vita (after many satisfying years with my DSes, 3DSes and PSPs), but holy cow, just priced them new (not renewed) on Amazon. The price is right at about $450. When the system released, wasn't it $250 in the States and later went down to $199? Why the heck so much? Wasn't it only discontinued about a year or so ago?

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I'm really, really lttp, but I was finally feeling it to consider buying a Vita (after many satisfying years with my DSes, 3DSes and PSPs), but holy cow, just priced them new (not renewed) on Amazon. The price is right at about $450. When the system released, wasn't it $250 in the States and later went down to $199? Why the heck so much? Wasn't it only discontinued about a year or so ago?
You should try some japanese sellers through ebay.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question, but I honestly don't know. Will those systems play games I buy here in the States?
All Vita systems are region free. The only difference is Japanese models will have the O and X buttons switched when navigating the OS but 95% of games have their own innate button config so it'll be "normal" when you play anyway.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I finished the story in Toukiden Kiwami. It's a good game, but it's definitely the "worse" one out of all the hunting games I've played on Vita.

The gameplay is great. I only played with the sickle and chain, but it was a lot of fun. Gotta say I'm not a fan of the whole "you have to take their shield down before tou can do any actual damage", it made going solo a pain in the ass.

The story of vanilla is fairly standard, I guess, and the Kiwami part was interesting, but I think their big revelations kinda fell flat thanks to all the padding. I think the pacing was messed up, or at the very least it felt like I kept fighting the same oni over and over again and it definitely took away from my enjoyment of the story.

About the variety of big oni... Idk, I looked through the enemy list of Soul Sacrifice and God Eater (not counting DLC) and it seems as though they had the same amount of variety. I blame the crappy distribution of oni in the main story.

The drop rate is absolute trash and it's the main reason why I didn't even try to go for the platinum (worth noting that I got the plat for Soul Sacrifice, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars and God Eater 2). If you want to go for the platinum, then you'll have to do all the quests and get all of the weapons of a single type. Many quests require you to give away rare items that you also need to make the weapon, so you'll have to grind. There's also the option to send the secondary team, but most of the time they'll bring you trash (even if the leader supposedly specializes in whatever area you need), so the only option is to do it by yourself. The worst offender of this is the fucking aurongrinder. You need three of a rare drop of this fucking ultra rare monster that only appears once in the story to introduce the emergency missions and the only other way is to do infinite missions (which means you have to beat a bunch of oni before you get the chance to fight it).

I know that was a lot of complaining from my part, but I'd be down to try the sequel... If only they hadn't decided to make it open world.

And now Im playing Demon Gaze. Remember how I was mad because Sol kept kicking my ass and I dropped the game??? Well, now that I beat Stranger of Sword City, I decided to give it a try again... And the first two times went exactly the same as one year ago lol

And then I started to pay attention and noticed the fucker kept erasing my buffs. At first I thought the force guard skill lasted through all the fight no matter what, until I decided to look at the top right and, to my surprise, IT SHOWS YOU WHICH BUFFS YOU CURRENTLY HAVE!!! After that, I only had to pay attention to keep that skill up and beat him without much trouble.

Now I'm gonna start the post game stuff.

Now that you know this, it opens a lot of different options. You could try amazon japan or any japanese store that ships to the US.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
...Now that you know this, it opens a lot of different options. You could try amazon japan or any japanese store that ships to the US.

Absolutely. Probably gonna wait until after the holiday, since we've got three older kids to buy gifts for. But yeah, I'm really kinda excited about digging into another library of handheld gaming.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
I know that was a lot of complaining from my part, but I'd be down to try the sequel... If only they hadn't decided to make it open world.

Toukiden 2's open world worked well imo, there's a bunch of fast-travel spots and you have an ability to run really fast, but the Vita version sure took a hit so it could run (I double dipped, just like Kiwami), and there are some shortcomings. Battles vs big oni are still in an arena setting - there's a circle limiting the battle area, you can flee if you keep trying to run past that barries. Since you have limited replenish spots for health/abilities in the open word, the fights are easier. And the spirit claw thing can be used to make big onis fall down during charge attacks, which is abusable and makes thing even easier.

I liked most of the stuff they tried to bring to the series with 2 (tons of QoL there too, specially for tracking farmables), but Kiwami is still my favorite. Always hoped for a new one, but I guess MHRise made that even harder.

(I didn't platinum either of them, though 🙃 )

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
  • March 2021: Shipping of physical version and distribution of digital version

Well at least it is happening unlike some of the KS visual novel projects I have backed.