• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
This is admittedly a silly question, but is it a bad idea to leave a cart in the Vita for extended periods? I typically turn off my Vita after using it, and I've noticed that it'll check the cart when it turns on, every time, and it's needless since (as of late at least) i'm playing stuff that is digital. Just wondering if after a long time that might have some sort of negative effect?

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
This is admittedly a silly question, but is it a bad idea to leave a cart in the Vita for extended periods? I typically turn off my Vita after using it, and I've noticed that it'll check the cart when it turns on, every time, and it's needless since (as of late at least) i'm playing stuff that is digital. Just wondering if after a long time that might have some sort of negative effect?

I leave the same cart in mine for many months at a time for the sane reason and I've had no problems at all.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think I left Shinobido 2 in my Vita for like a year. Shinovi Versus was in one of my PSTVs for about the same amount of time. Both are fine.

Jan 11, 2018
I've seen that list before, and while it seems to be accurate in general I've spotted a couple of errors in the past. So I'd love to know from someone who actually owns a Japanese copy. I'm wondering because the western releases only feature the English dub, which I don't care for.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I've seen that list before, and while it seems to be accurate in general I've spotted a couple of errors in the past. So I'd love to know from someone who actually owns a Japanese copy. I'm wondering because the western releases only feature the English dub, which I don't care for.

Seems like it.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/vita/...gma-plus/answers/314045-japanese-voice-acting

Note that the Asian and Japanese versions are censored compared to the US.

FriedConsole

Oct 27, 2017

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
So guys, I've been collecting physical vita games and I occasionally buy the LRG releases when there's a game that I love. I bought Steamworld Dig and Steamworld Heist and noticed that somehow I got the variant covers on my sealed copies. Apparently this was not supposed to happen and a few made it into the wild. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the value of these might be?

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
So guys, I've been collecting physical vita games and I occasionally buy the LRG releases when there's a game that I love. I bought Steamworld Dig and Steamworld Heist and noticed that somehow I got the variant covers on my sealed copies. Apparently this was not supposed to happen and a few made it into the wild. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the value of these might be?

Searching eBay..... I only found one listing with the other cover sealed.
It sold for about 4 times the standard cover.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Good review but I disagree that it is hard. Really great Vita game. The sequel was disappointing more metrovania.

Oh, I didn't think it was hard - just very frustrating at times. Like, level 8-3 - you have to distract this robot using the noisy floors while another clone hacks a terminal and I would say it worked about 20% of the time for me despite me doing exactly the same thing every time. That, plus the sudden "quick, escape this instant death trap" thing they liked to pull every few levels annoyed me.

Still a good game though. Haven't yet tried the sequel!

edit: I recently interviewed Fordesoft about Emerald Shores, for anyone interested - coming to Vita this year:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....with-fordesoft-emerald-shores-super-blackout/

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished off Drive Girls last week. Story was weak but I did enjoy the gameplay for what it was, a couple of the levels though had bad level design (the tunnel sucked) and some of the more powerful enemies weren't all that fun to fight against. I did enjoy the online mode though, managed to solo all the missions even the boss fights, which I strangely really enjoyed as the difficulty/challenge jump was quite fun I thought.
Overall a fairly average/above average game that was highly addictive gameplay wise so it ended up being more fun than I expected.

Not sure what I'll start next. I might finish some of my Switch stuff before focusing on my next Vita game. It really should be either Shiin or the second Yomawari game seeing as I've been meaning to play both for quite a while now!

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds fun enough. I'm interested. Then again, I'm sure I thought the same about Uncanny Valley at the time and boy was I disappointed when I finally played that game! Hopefully this one is far better.

I bought the PS4 version from Eastasiasoft and I completely hated The Coma there. I found it completely unfun and unfair, along with being defenseless against the monster chasing you far more annoying and frustrating instead of scary. Your mileage may vary but man oh man did I regret the purchase.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the PS4 version from Eastasiasoft and I completely hated The Coma there. I found it completely unfun and unfair, along with being defenseless against the monster chasing you far more annoying and frustrating instead of scary. Your mileage may vary but man oh man did I regret the purchase.

That's disappointing. I'll give it a shot when its released, but that's the kind of thing I'm concerned about.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Holy crap, that Vita I bought from Japan last week just came in 4 weeks ahead of when they said it would, lol.

Does anyone know an easy way to change the language to English? I'll have to put my model next to it and search when I get home....

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
my Vita pre-order of Omega Labyrinth Z got cancelled yesterday, they gave this reasoning

"Dear Customer, We are contacting you to advise that we will be cancelling your pre-order for Omega Labyrinth Z. Unfortunately this title has been banned from the UK. We apologise for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. Kind regards ShopTo Team"

the PS4 version is still up so i don't know if they've just seen the news about Australia banning it and taken that on board

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
my Vita pre-order of Omega Labyrinth Z got cancelled yesterday, they gave this reasoning

the PS4 version is still up so i don't know if they've just seen the news about Australia banning it and taken that on board

It's one thing to be banned from a single country, but this one is breaking records for a japanese title.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Must be a mistake? I don't think there's precedent for the UK banning games like this. Unless I'm wrong and these is then nevermind.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Any physical vita games worth picking up for the collection? I still own all my consoles since the NES day's and typically go physical but Vita was the one device were almost all my games are digital. Going into 2018, I am starting to realize that the stock of some of the physical titles are lower/won't be replenished much further. Suggestions can either be popular games or more of collectors item, things to keep for future me and future generations.

Digital stores don't always last forever either so I have been picking up a few titles I only had digital before (Most recently P4G). Besides Soul Sacrifice, Borderlands, both Final Fantasy's my 4 year collection is all stored somewhere in a digital cloud.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Any physical vita games worth picking up for the collection? I still own all my consoles since the NES day's and typically go physical but Vita was the one device were almost all my games are digital. Going into 2018, I am starting to realize that the stock of some of the physical titles are lower/won't be replenished much further. Suggestions can either be popular games or more of collectors item, things to keep for future me and future generations.

Digital stores don't always last forever either so I have been picking up a few titles I only had digital before (Most recently P4G). Besides Soul Sacrifice, Borderlands, both Final Fantasy's my 4 year collection is all stored somewhere in a digital cloud.

Are you looking for games that will be delisted eventually? Or good games that are/might become rare? Does it have to be exclusive?

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Are you looking for games that will be delisted eventually? Or good games that are/might become rare? Does it have to be exclusive?

Realistically either games that will be delisted or have the possibility of becoming rare. Sony exclusives games do not necessarily matter as some of the games I might have on other platforms/or if they where only alright games.

I believe the Vita will easily survive 2018 and maybe part of next year if Sony doesn't announce another handheld, but the stock for some games in 2019/2020 will definitely start to dwindle for some games so want to get a head start while prices and stock are more reasonable.

The Vita is one of my favorite consoles I have ever owned, don't want it to me lost in the sands of time!

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Realistically either games that will be delisted or have the possibility of becoming rare. Sony exclusives games do not necessarily matter as some of the games I might have on other platforms/or if they where only alright games.

I believe the Vita will easily survive 2018 and maybe part of next year if Sony doesn't announce another handheld, but the stock for some games in 2019/2020 will definitely start to dwindle for some games so want to get a head start while prices and stock are more reasonable.

The Vita is one of my favorite consoles I have ever owned, don't want it to me lost in the sands of time!

I hear ya, Vitabro. I've got a soft spot for the system myself. I'll try to keep the list short so as not to overwhelm you.

Delisted games

Lumines Electronic Symphony
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Virtua Tennis 4
The Amazing Spider-Man
Asphalt: Injection
Angry Birds: Star Wars
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen

Rare games

Breach & Clear
Ar no Surge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
Retro City Rampage
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
A Rose in the Twilight
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey - New 'n' Tasty
Yomawari: Night Alone
Natural Doctrine
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I hear ya, Vitabro. I've got a soft spot for the system myself. I'll try to keep the list short so as not to overwhelm you.

Delisted games

Lumines Electronic Symphony
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Virtua Tennis 4
The Amazing Spider-Man
Asphalt: Injection
Angry Birds: Star Wars
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen

Rare games

Breach & Clear
Ar no Surge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
Retro City Rampage
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
A Rose in the Twilight
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey - New 'n' Tasty
Yomawari: Night Alone
Natural Doctrine
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Thanks for the list! thats a good selection of titles.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Must admit, I have no interest in this game, but I wouldn't want to see it banned here because I like PQube quite a lot.