• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
How do you get screenshots from a Vita to (eventually) a PC? This would be for a unmodded 3.73 Vita.

I have a PS3 and that seems to be the only way? Content manager is dead, right? I have a 3.60 enso PSTV but I'm super hesitant to move the memory card back and forth due to their unreliable nature and the "You must update the system or format memory card" bs.
Can you email them to yourself?

I don't think there are any restrictions on that from an unmodded Vita...

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Garrison & Dinoegg_96 thanks for the links! That version appears to include the C++ version (and in the correct location). Appears to be up and running, kids just got home so I'll check in hours, lol.
Hopefully it works for you.

It's too bad that Sony seems so eager to completely kill the Vita.

You can also message them (to an alt acc for example) and access them via the mobile PS Messages app. I use that for ps4 shots too.
You could also use the Twitter app.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't a cable just be easier? Not saying Sony shouldn't have used usb from the beginning, but if I was stuck with it I'd rather carry around (or need to buy) a vita cable instead of an adapter and micro usb cable.

If you have that adapter, you only need the one micro USB cable that you'd already be using for a DS4, Kindle etc.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
www.play-asia.com

Nicole [Limited Edition]

Nicole [Limited Edition] PLAY EXCLUSIVES for PlayStation VitaFour different boys to date, with 10 different endingsDiscover the true identity of the culprit. Careful, you could be dating him!Classic dating simulator and life simulation gameplayVisual novel mode with reading-only option1,200...

Nicole (Vita) is available for sale now. The Vita release is exclusive to this physical run apparently.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
www.play-asia.com

Nicole [Limited Edition]

Nicole [Limited Edition] PLAY EXCLUSIVES for PlayStation VitaFour different boys to date, with 10 different endingsDiscover the true identity of the culprit. Careful, you could be dating him!Classic dating simulator and life simulation gameplayVisual novel mode with reading-only option1,200...

Nicole (Vita) is available for sale now. The Vita release is exclusive to this physical run apparently.
Thanks for the reminder. So there's no digital release?

I skipped Soldner X-2 since I have the NA version from LRG.

Areal

Nov 23, 2017
Australia and Japan
What should I do to preserve the battery in a Vita that I'm not using for a while (i.e. months)? Charge regularly? If so, how often? I have accumulated a few spare consoles, you see...

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
What should I do to preserve the battery in a Vita that I'm not using for a while (i.e. months)? Charge regularly? If so, how often? I have accumulated a few spare consoles, you see...
i'm not sure if they're exactly the same battery but as someone that has their OG psp battery from launch in 2005 i'd suggest charging it somewhere between every 3-6 months, no bloats on mine yet and they still give me atleast 3 or so hours playtime

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
V18.1 now for GePatch (PSP adrenaline plugin that allows for PSP games to run at Vita's native resolution):

Not my video btw.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
I have the PS+ version of Soul Sacrifice. I know Delta is an improved version of the game, but is there really no download to update the original release to have all of the improvements in the Delta version? Am I really stuck with an interior version of the game?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I have the PS+ version of Soul Sacrifice. I know Delta is an improved version of the game, but is there really no download to update the original release to have all of the improvements in the Delta version? Am I really stuck with an interior version of the game?

It's a separate release.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil

Join me in waiting for a SSDelta (or any other Vita game, really) sale , but bring a comfy chair and plenty of food.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Play-Asia has a physical version of Root Double up for preorder? I thought it was too big for a Vita cartridge?

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I know that it's the german version with the ugly USK Logo but did I just spot a fucking unicorn?
I found the game at a second hand store and I never saw the Vita version anywhere for sale before this,
outside of the preorder period on Amazon.
Was 35€
img_20201002_1317595984k01.jpg

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, are PS Vita download speeds really slow? Like direct from PS Store I'm getting super slow speeds, around 10-13Mbps, when I have a connection that is 250Mbps or higher. I tried switching to Google DNS which didn't seem to help, and I have a Google Wifi router which is supposed to automatically switch between bands and channels to give your device the best speed/least congestion. Are there any tricks/tips to this or is the system just using really old wifi standards that don't go very high? Or are PSN download speeds really this slow? Thanks for any advice.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
RIP Vita sales on the PSN.

Okay it has been the case for some time already but there was still some hope...

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I've asked this in the discord, but I won't assume that everyone who comes into this thread is apart of that group. Does anyone have a list of PSP games that don't show up on the Vita store?

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Exported my purchase list through PSDLE and while it wouldn't fit everything in a 256GB card, I'd be able to fit most of it (and with 128GB, more than what I would likely care about in the future). Time to finally stop being lazy and grab a sd2vita.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Just in case you guys hadn't seen it:

Sony plans to launch a new PlayStation Store on the web and mobile later this month, which will remove the ability for you to purchase content for legacy consoles such as the PlayStation 3, PS Vita, and PSP.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Root Double finally seems to have finally shown up in the wider Euro PSN stores. To be honest I'd almost given up at this point. Redeemed it on the webstore as a final goodbye.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
At least, it sort of works. People trying to download things on PS3 are going to be seriously mad, though. That version of the store keeps crashing every time it tries to do anything more basic than loading the homepage.

Fuck Sony for doing this now and never having fixed the PS3 own store.
i really wonder if it's a EU/US store thing, i logged into my japanese account for the first time in a while last night and the store ran perfectly to the point i could think i was on a PS4 but the minute i logged into my main account and went to the store it ran as well as a car with no wheels

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone making a list of the stuff they want to buy before the web store goes down? I'm probably going to grab my list before the end of next week. I think if there were any chance left that Sony might do a final legacy sale, it's probably this coming week, but the chances I'm sure are miniscule. It would make me a lot less annoyed by this at least.

I've dropped everything from my list that can be purchased on PS4 or Steam, and since I don't have a PS3 anymore a lot of the things I want to pick up are going to be classics from the PS1 era that never got PC or modern console ports/remasters. It's amazing to me that so many of the landmark games in the medium have no legal avenue of preservation going forward on modern platforms; Suikoden 1&2, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Persona 1, 2 IS & EP, Silent Hill, Parasite Eve 1&2, Legend of Mana, Breath of Fire 3&4, Arc the Lad 1-3, Wild Arms 1&2, Klonoa, Mega Man Legends 1&2 + Tron Bonne, Alundra, etc.