• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that like 13 Sentinals, Catherine, P3/P5 Dancing, DT2-2, the Utawa 1 remake...

Everybody go tell Atlus how much you love them and please god don't piss them off.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just ordered One More Dungeon with Rainbow Moon LE so I could use the $5 code. The spike in shipping certainly stings.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I just realized that like 13 Sentinals, Catherine, P3/P5 Dancing, DT2-2, the Utawa 1 remake...

Everybody go tell Atlus how much you love them and please god don't piss them off.

anime-cringe-gif.gif

I wouldn't buy any of these except maybe DT2-2 on Vita over PS4.

time travelers had at least three solid tries too but nada

Shame. I quite liked my playthrough of the JP version. At least 428 is still coming west, maybe.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I totally understand the others but even Utawarerumono? I can't stand visual novels on anything but a handheld.

Tbf, I haven't gotten around to the series, but the copies I own are PS4 atm so that one in particular is more of a consistency thing. I do generally agree that VN's are better on handhelds, so if the series ends up being too much VN for me I would just double dip on digital Vita copies lol.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I want a reason to use my Vita again. RPGs are my jam(guess that might be obvious) - any suggestions? FFX is one of my favorites and I'm tempted but have heard the Vita version isn't great. Remote play is also a solid option.

EDIT: Also completely entranced by MHW. I know the older games are more impenetrable but if there's a solid vita option I'd be interested in that.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I want a reason to use my Vita again. RPGs are my jam(guess that might be obvious) - any suggestions? FFX is one of my favorites and I'm tempted but have heard the Vita version isn't great. Remote play is also a solid option.

EDIT: Also completely entranced by MHW. I know the older games are more impenetrable but if there's a solid vita option I'd be interested in that.

Persona 4 Golden.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

FFX on Vita is pretty great, looks and performs beautifully, who told you otherwise?

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

wasn't the tier to get these bottom tier physically on kickstarter like $180? rip in piece those people

You might be mixing it up with something else. I think it was like $80 for both (which also comes with digital copies), with the special edition being $150 (which also came with digital copies for both Vita and Steam), which has a physical artbook, soundtrack and statue.

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I don't care if other people manage to order the game at any retailer, I just want my collector's edition already. Also, now we know that the game is coming Summer 2018.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I can't even remember how much I backed this for. Or what I backed. Think it was just standard versions of the three games? Was that an option?

Still, it's nice to see PQube involved in this.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
And the collector's edition will be available from Rice Digital for non-backers and very likely at a cheaper price. I kind of feel ripped-off. I guess I got the Steam versions earlier than everyone else.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
Wording indicates PQube will be selling limited quantities of the physical version, not the collector's edition though.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017

You could try Persona 4 Golden, as Shizuka said. Final Fantasy X / X-2 is also an option. Others would be Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2. If you have a PS4 and Persona 5 you could also play that. Those are some of the heavy hitters but there's quite a lot else if you're fine with smaller (or older RPGs) - FF 9 (and I think all FF games up to 10-2) should be playable, and you could also try the Ys games too, and Persona 3 Portable if you want to stay with Persona. Really depends what your tastes and desires are.

As far as monster hunting games I don't know which would be best but there are God Eater and also Toukiden [Kiwami]. Also Soul Sacrifice Delta (digital only) and Freedom Wars.

We already have it. It's just an update.

Ah yay! Thanks - missed this somehow.

Finally a release window...

Last edited:

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally a Muv Luv release window/confirmation! I guess this means there will be a physical version for non-backers too?

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Time to go back to stalking LRG's Twitter feed for their VN, then. Ho hum.

(I'm happy that such a big profile VN is coming to the West on Vita but I really disliked muv luv lol)

We already knew the games would be coming to Vita. That's why I find the news disappointing. Was hoping PQube would be localizing a Vita VN.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Is it wrong that I'm enjoying Drive Girls. Its like anime girls crossed with Dynasty Warriors and Transformers. Its pretty shallow gameplay wise but I'm really enjoying it for those moments where I have some free time that isn't being spent monster hunting.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is it wrong that I'm enjoying Drive Girls. Its like anime girls crossed with Dynasty Warriors and Transformers. Its pretty shallow gameplay wise but I'm really enjoying it for those moments where I have some free time that isn't being spent monster hunting.
It's alright for mindless fun. Some of the very end levels are bullshit with how tanky the enemies get.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, feel free to enjoy games that everybody else dislikes. I enjoyed Mind Zero a whole lot more than other DRPGs.