• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
uncharted: golden abyss feels like it should have. it was at least on the system long enough that it could have happened.

Not that it's in any way reliable, but Gamestat has P4G at 1.5m which is shockingly on point. Discounting things that were free on Plus (Killzone, Uncharted, Gravity Rush) or just free in general (Need for Speed), it seems like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty should have made it quite comfortably.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
If you run into any issues let us know! But yeah you ideally want to downgrade to 3.60, install Enso and then spoof.
Everything went fine until after putting in the SD2VITA for the first time. It could not see it no matter what. Checked everything for almost 2 hours until I looked into the actual adapter and it looked odd. Opened it and there's bent pins everywhere.

Haha, a replacement should be here tomorrow.

I modded my other 4 Vitas in the meantime as it is so easy.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Everything went fine until after putting in the SD2VITA for the first time. It could not see it no matter what. Checked everything for almost 2 hours until I looked into the actual adapter and it looked odd. Opened it and there's bent pins everywhere.

I still need to get around to this for sd2vita. Did you use the vita hacks website guide?

...and 4 other Vitas? nice!

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Oh wow sorry to hear, thankfully it's a cheap and fast replacement. But I'm glad the rest went well :)

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So just curious
There's a way to still sync trophies and do remote play without risk of a ban right?

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know of a way to get the PSTV whitelist hack to work without custom firmware on a Mac? Windows users can use the QCMA and PSVimgTools Frontend method, but I'm not finding anything for Macs.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I still need to get around to this for sd2vita. Did you use the vita hacks website guide?

...and 4 other Vitas? nice!

Yup, just read carefully as they are very thorough.
And yeah, I basically only use 2 of them though. One for digital, one for carts.
So I've got a couple 1000 models in other colors I used to use (perhaps time to sell these?) and a PSTV from long ago.

Oh wow sorry to hear, thankfully it's a cheap and fast replacement. But I'm glad the rest went well :)

Got the replacement in yesterday and it recognized it right away. Am able to fit my entire digital library on it now!
This is what I've always wanted. Switching memory cards was such an annoyance.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, just read carefully as they are very thorough.
And yeah, I basically only use 2 of them though. One for digital, one for carts.
So I've got a couple 1000 models in other colors I used to use (perhaps time to sell these?) and a PSTV from long ago.

Got the replacement in yesterday and it recognized it right away. Am able to fit my entire digital library on it now!
This is what I've always wanted. Switching memory cards was such an annoyance.

I'm happy to hear that! :) I love my physical games but the best thing is when I can digitalize it after the end of a generation when I usually hack my devices if possible.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh you wouldn't need a partition or anything, just 15gb of free space, no partitioning necessary, it would be a virtual HDD. A Virtual Machine is basically an emulated PC running on your PC, not dualbooting.
My mistake, I was thinking "Bootcamp".

And yeah, I wonder if I could just Wine it. I'll kick a few things around later and post here if I get something working.

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you can spoof your fw version to the latest, so you can go online, sync trophies and RP. Afaik no bans for that ever happened.
Good to hear. Been wanting to play a few vita games and remote play for a while

Think i'll also give SD2Vita a shot and start ripping my game carts to a spare sd card i have

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You're welcome I hope it works out one way or another!
Well it appears that there is a Mac version of QCMA. PSVimgTools is Win only however. I tried to get a Wine wrapper working, but I couldn't get it to run the setup. This could entirely be my fault. I haven't messed with Wine in years.

I am going to check in with a friend who might have an old Windows disc and just go the Bootcamp route.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Well it appears that there is a Mac version of QCMA. PSVimgTools is Win only however. I tried to get a Wine wrapper working, but I couldn't get it to run the setup. This could entirely be my fault. I haven't messed with Wine in years.

I am going to check in with a friend who might have an old Windows disc and just go the Bootcamp route.

Hmm okay sounds like a plan!

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
So I was playing the old vita just now and the screen started going in and out and now I got nothing. It's charging but I can't get anything on the screen. It's an oLed model. Is it done?

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's the only way to properly use a Vita as far as I'm concerned with the failure-rates and prices official cards have.
Yeah that's been in the back of my mind recently so definitely make the most of SD2VIta

Anyone have a link or is the first result off of Amazon for the 5.0 version fine?

Areal

Nov 23, 2017
Australia and Japan
I'm thinking of picking up some new games, but unsure whether to buy physical or digital. Is it safe to assume that Vita games are no longer going to be included in PSN sales? Should've picked up SFxT for $5.99 when I had the chance.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of picking up some new games, but unsure whether to buy physical or digital. Is it safe to assume that Vita games are no longer going to be included in PSN sales? Should've picked up SFxT for $5.99 when I had the chance.
There is almost no Vita games on sale anymore aside from some cross buy stuff

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Amazon.com: XBERSTAR Ultimate Version 5.0 SD2Vita PS Vita SD Memory Card Adapter Fast Loading for PSV Game 1000/2000 3.60 System: Home Audio & Theater

Amazon.com: XBERSTAR Ultimate Version 5.0 SD2Vita PS Vita SD Memory Card Adapter Fast Loading for PSV Game 1000/2000 3.60 System: Home Audio & Theater
This is the one i was looking at

That looks like mine, it sits perfectly in my Slim although causes the slot-flap to stick out by like 0.5mm, it's no big deal though and should fit a OLED 1000 100% flush.

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That looks like mine, it sits perfectly in my Slim although causes the slot-flap to stick out by like 0.5mm, it's no big deal though and should fit a OLED 1000 100% flush.
Got it! Thanks!
Last question though: Anyway to easily transfer games and apps between current memory card the new sd card?

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Nope theyre not included these days.

If you want any of the Dangonronpa's digitally hurry up as they're being delisted.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
So I just finished The House in Fata Morgana, which slapped my face so hard it's still spinning, and I'm looking for another good VN on Vita.
I already played Steins;Gate (and 0), Chaos;Child, Danganronpa, Utawarerumono (mask of thruth & deception) and VLR/ZTD
Any recommandation?

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished The House in Fata Morgana, which slapped my face so hard it's still spinning, and I'm looking for another good VN on Vita.
I already played Steins;Gate (and 0), Chaos;Child, Danganronpa, Utawarerumono (mask of thruth & deception) and VLR/ZTD
Any recommandation?

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen came out this year if you want to see how the series began. I can also highly recommend Root Double: Before Crime * After Days, which has some Zero Escape vibes. Unfortunately both of these are digital-only releases, but they're both worth it.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen came out this year if you want to see how the series began. I can also highly recommend Root Double: Before Crime * After Days, which has some Zero Escape vibes. Unfortunately both of these are digital-only releases, but they're both worth it.

Thanks, I'll look into the prelude. I've watched the anime many years ago so I could use a refresh.
As for Root Double, I think I have the standard edition. Is it worth playing or should I just get the new edition?

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story launches August 25 for PC, this fall for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PS Vita

Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story will launch for PC via Steam on August 25, followed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PS Vita this fall, publisher Top Hat Studios and developer SUZAKU Games an…
I still haven't seen a single review for this game. I was interested, but stopped following it for reasons.
Any recommandation?
Muv-Luv???

I've read good things about Collar X Malice, but haven't had the chance to actually get it.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017