• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Punchline would be unexpected at this point given how often it's been leaked lol.

In other news:

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's the new Steins;Gate remake? Now that would be disappointing.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as much as I enjoyed SG I already have it on two platforms and don't care for the anime version AT ALL so I hope that's not something they're wasting their time with.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The remake is coming, whether we like it or not. That said, I don't think the hint is for that. I'd bet money it's either Net High or Punchline/YU-NO.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I can see them releasing Steins;Gate Elite, but it has not been released in Japan yet, has more than a Vita release, and seems like a game they would not tease as unexpected.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know a visual novel that had me surprised? Root Letter. I wonder if it's another Kadokawa visual novel.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, we're obviously getting Steins;Gate Elite at some point (it's on Switch & PS4 and PQube picked up a terrible-looking VN presumably because it's on those platforms) but that'd be kinda disappointing news. I don't even know if I'd buy it, the original is one of my favourite games but Elite just looks so bleh. Maybe if there's significant extra content I guess.

Do you know a visual novel that had me surprised? Root Letter. I wonder if it's another Kadokawa visual novel.

I'm always surprised Kadokawa didn't give that another go. I know not a lot of people loved it,but Root Letter really clicked for me. The music and art was gorgeous and the relaxing pace made it really enjoyable to play. Seemed to sell pretty well too.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I thought you guys were talking about Root Double, then I remembered there was a non-related VN called Root Letter that I heard was pretty meh.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always surprised Kadokawa didn't give that another go. I know not a lot of people loved it,but Root Letter really clicked for me. The music and art was gorgeous and the relaxing pace made it really enjoyable to play. Seemed to sell pretty well too.

There's an article last month where Kadokawa said it's turning Root Letter into a full fledged franchise.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
It looks so poo too. The anime does such a poor job of capturing Huke's art, immense do not want.

Agreed. I want to see how it is in action, but I'm not sold on the idea of the remake at all from what's been shown thus far.

Also, preaching to the choir and repeating myself again, but I cannot get past how nice the Vita is to use. It feels like it just wants you to pick it up and play something, and when you do it gets out of the way, putting the game (and immersion) front and center. The speed of the OS especially makes it really nice. I'd have thought the honeymoon period would've expired by now, but nope: coming to love it more with each passing week.

Last edited:

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I've got myself a 20% off code and I'm considering these games. Any input is appreciated. Prices are in CDN and after the 20% code.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Vita ($10.70) - I heard this had pretty bad framerate problems, but it looks like it's fixed now? Also, is the DLC worth it? The bundle with the season pass would be $17.30.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Vita ($9.59) - Only reason I'm hesitating is because I have the physical PS4 copy. I would prefer playing it on my Vita, but hmmmmm....
God Eater: Ressurection Vita($3.99) - Same as the above. Why isn't this cross buy? Annoying.
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragmnet PS4 ($3.99) - How much is this improved over the Vita version? Is the translation good now, or am I best sticking with my Vita copy?
Iconoclasts ($21.59) - Ugh, I wish it was at least 10% off so it would be under $20. $20 USD is supposed to be $25 CDN anyways, not $27 CDN.

Also, I'm thinking of picking up some old PSP games that don't really go on sale anymore. Any recommendations?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I've got myself a 20% off code and I'm considering these games. Any input is appreciated. Prices are in CDN and after the 20% code.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Vita ($10.70) - I heard this had pretty bad framerate problems, but it looks like it's fixed now? Also, is the DLC worth it? The bundle with the season pass would be $17.30.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Vita ($9.59) - Only reason I'm hesitating is because I have the physical PS4 copy. I would prefer playing it on my Vita, but hmmmmm....
God Eater: Ressurection Vita($3.99) - Same as the above. Why isn't this cross buy? Annoying.
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragmnet PS4 ($3.99) - How much is this improved over the Vita version? Is the translation good now, or am I best sticking with my Vita copy?
Iconoclasts ($21.59) - Ugh, I wish it was at least 10% off so it would be under $20. $20 USD is supposed to be $25 CDN anyways, not $27 CDN.

Also, I'm thinking of picking up some old PSP games that don't really go on sale anymore. Any recommendations?

Get Digimon and Jeanne D'Arc.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever

Digimon and God Eater. But tbh, God Eater Resurrection is way better on PS4. Not just graphics and stuff, but easier to control and play imo. I can't recommend the SAO games, since my PSN friends and I keep a pretty active group chat going and I swear there were whole weeks where the chat focused on how much everybody hated the games as they grinded to platinum them lol.

As for PSP stuff. Crisis Core, 3rd Birthday, Jeanne D'Arc, Summon Night 5, Trails in the Sky!

Filament Star

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Doesn't sound like you need the ones you already have on PS4. I don't really recommend Iconoclasts or the Vita version of HR (though I don't know the extent to which they fixed it, I just didn't like it as much as HF.)

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I have a Chinese copy of Gungho's "Dokuro" for Vita which also has an English option.

Ah crud, I knew there were some games I was forgetting. Might edit them in later, thanks for the heads up.

Not sure I'd agree that X-2 on a cart was significant.

I mean, if I'm talking about the Asian-English market I wouldn't have much of an article without including games which were digital-only in the west but physical there. I'd only have like 5 titles (Dead or Alive Xtreme 3; Gundam Breaker 3; Moe Chronicle; SD Gundam; Super Robot Wars V/X) to talk about :P

SpScarecrow

Oct 27, 2017
My OG Vita battery crapped out and i ordered a 2000 from Amazon with a 64gb. Are the 64gb cards prone to dying often? Ifbso is there anything i can do to prolong it's lifespan. I have 80+ games on PSN and it would suck to have to go back to a 32gb not that I'll be playing everything at once.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Ah crud, I knew there were some games I was forgetting. Might edit them in later, thanks for the heads up.

I mean, if I'm talking about the Asian-English market I wouldn't have much of an article without including games which were digital-only in the west but physical there. I'd only have like 5 titles (Dead or Alive Xtreme 3; Gundam Breaker 3; Moe Chronicle; SD Gundam; Super Robot Wars V/X) to talk about :P

True, haha. And don't forget Airship Q!

Filament Star

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My OG Vita battery crapped out and i ordered a 2000 from Amazon with a 64gb. Are the 64gb cards prone to dying often? Ifbso is there anything i can do to prolong it's lifespan. I have 80+ games on PSN and it would suck to have to go back to a 32gb not that I'll be playing everything at once.

I don't know if they're actually more prone to failure, or if you just hear about it more since it's a bigger deal and anyone with a 64gb is probably a super active Vita user.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone planning to import the Japanese Secret of Mana cart to see if it has English subs on?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone planning to import the Japanese Secret of Mana cart to see if it has English subs on?
I'll be importing it along with a couple of other Vita games out this/last month. Probably take a couple of weeks to get it though. But if no one has checked before then I'll post up my findings.

Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread yet, but my EU copy of Nonary Games has been delivered. When I get home from work I'll be sure to check if its actually the mythical EU version!

Jan 11, 2018
Great article, Kresnik! It was retweeted by HeavyArm, which is how I found it. Play-Asia exclusives could perhaps be considered as a subcategory. I believe most of them are in partnership with Eastasiasoft. You mentioned Ys Origins, but they also released Söldner X-2, and they're about to release both Rainbow Moon and Rainbow Skies for example. You can view them all here.

Something else that may or may not be worth mentioning is that some of these releases have two cover variants - one in Chinese and one in English. Sword Art Online, Dead or Alive Xtreme and Deemo for example.

Yeah, that and Orgarhythm were my first Asian-English imports for the system back in 2012.

The Japanese releases of these two games also have full English support :)

Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread yet, but my EU copy of Nonary Games has been delivered. When I get home from work I'll be sure to check if its actually the mythical EU version!

Please take pictures of it if you can! I have a feeling this will end up being on of the rarest European retail games, along with some of the most recent Aksys releases.

I really wish they'd release Zero Time Dilemma too while they were at it, even if would just be a low print run.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Root Double. Vita. March 8.
Good News Everyone!

Our last step has been done, and Sony has approved the build for Root Double for Vita! This means only one thing remains… RELEASE! Yes, we are indeed ready to bring you the action to your favorite handheld, as we all know the Playstation Vita remains strong within our bleeding Playstation hearts.

So, when is the magic date? Why, it is 8th of March! Yep, only mere weeks until you will all be booting up this beauty on your Vita.

With this, the journey has come to an end. Root Double's campaign is now officially wrapped up. It's been an incredible journey, much deserved for an incredible game. The feedback we have received for the game is universally great, and we are so happy that now even more will get to enjoy it on Playstation Vita. Root Double remains one of our favorite games, and we've been so fortunate to bring it to all you fans, get to know many of you, and enjoy it together.

Thanks to all of you for making this possible, and your continued support!