• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Ooh those look great! I've heard of Sword City before but it looks like Revisited isn't available over here, just the vanilla version.
Yeah, those behind it didn't release it in Europe and we can't exactly switch accounts easily to buy it from the NA store. That one of those limited run companies hasn't fought tooth and nail to get a physical version of this game out so we all can play it, I won't say it's a tragedy, but it's extremely frustrating and a big loss to gaming. Exp Inc (the company behind it) also doesn't seem interested in porting it to the Switch, so it appears it will be forever stuck on one digital storefront of a dead console.

Ray Gigant is alright, but it's not on the same league as SoSC:R.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
What are some good (digital-only) Vita exclusives on PSN?

Super Stardust Delta and TxK are both great twin stick shooters Son of Scoregasm is only on PC and is great on Vita.

Murasaki Baby is an interesting game which I didn't love, but is worth checking out (and is Vita exclusive).

Orgarhythm is a fun rhythm/strategy hybrid.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
Super Stardust Delta and TxK are both great twin stick shooters Son of Scoregasm is only on PC and is great on Vita.

Murasaki Baby is an interesting game which I didn't love, but is worth checking out (and is Vita exclusive).

I've heard of Super Stardust and Murasaki Baby but the rest are new to me. Thanks for the recommendations!

Zool

Oct 28, 2017

TxK is a really good tip. One of the best games on Vita.
I also wanted to say Duke Nukem 3D, but somehow it got removed from pan :(

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, huh. I didn't know about the HD/Fury DLC for Wipeout 2048 until just recently. That's a good value right there, god damn.

Also, interestingly, the HD/Fury campaign/tracks run much better than the base 2048 game with the framerate cap removed, especially if you max out the GPU clock. HD and Fury manage to hit 60 some of the time even, which is pretty nice.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Is anyone here familiar with Valkyrie Profile? I was thinking of trying Lenneth on the Vita and I was wondering if I should be using a guide. I have heard that the "true" ending requires specific actions at different points throughout the game. On one hand, I would prefer not having to play while checking a guide constantly, while on the other I believe I would prefer to see the whole thing (considering it's a relatively long game, I wouldn't have time to replay it).

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone here familiar with Valkyrie Profile? I was thinking of trying Lenneth on the Vita and I was wondering if I should be using a guide. I have heard that the "true" ending requires specific actions at different points throughout the game. On one hand, I would prefer not having to play while checking a guide constantly, while on the other I believe I would prefer to see the whole thing (considering it's a relatively long game, I wouldn't have time to replay it).

If you want to go for the True Ending you'll definitely need a guide.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I figured, I guess my question would be if it's worth playing it with a guide (which is more annoying than just playing it "freely") or if I should just play it regularly and then check out the true ending part online.

Ultimately, it's up to you, but in my opinion the true ending is definitely worth it. You don't have to follow a full game walkthrough. You can just look at a True Ending guide and follow it to a T.

Valkyrie Profile - Best Ending Guide - PlayStation - By KRhee - GameFAQs

For Valkyrie Profile on the PlayStation, Best Ending Guide by KRhee.

As long as you keep everything written there in mind you'll be good to go!

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Ultimately, it's up to you, but in my opinion the true ending is definitely worth it. You don't have to follow a full game walkthrough. You can just look at a True Ending guide and follow it to a T.

Valkyrie Profile - Best Ending Guide - PlayStation - By KRhee - GameFAQs

For Valkyrie Profile on the PlayStation, Best Ending Guide by KRhee.

As long as you keep everything written there in mind you'll be good to go!
Will do then, thanks for helping!

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Few reviews I've done since the last time I posted:

Factotum 90 (decent idea, but ultimately dull puzzle game)

kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com

(Vita) Factotum 90 review

An entertaining idea and promising set up lead to some monotonous and slow gameplay in this robotic puzzler from TACS Games. Developer TACS Games Publisher TACS Games; Limited Run Games Franchise N…

Freedom Wars (loved it - flawed, but really enjoyable hunting action title)

(Vita) Freedom Wars review

A big-budget hunting game from Dimps, Shift and Sony that introduces plenty of new ideas nearly all of which work well and despite a couple of issues, provides a truly memorable experience. Develop…

Murasaki Baby (decent showcase of Vita tech, but otherwise short and underdeveloped)

(Vita) Murasaki Baby review

A thoughtful puzzle game from Ovosonico with a striking artstyle that manages to make good use of the Vita’s hardware, but a brief runtime and underdeveloped ideas keep it from achieving its …

Son of Scoregasm (hidden gem twin-stick shooter, loads of fun)

(Vita) Son of Scoregasm review

A tough-as-nails twin-stick shooter that sticks to the standard genre formula but introduces unique twists that make it memorable and well worth checking out. Developer Charlie’s Games Publis…

Destrega PS1 (stupid, but actually quite a lot of fun)

(PS1) Destrega review

An enjoyable 3D fighter from Omega Force that eschews balance and tight mechanics for chaotic, fireball-chucking fun. Developer Omega Force Publisher Koei Franchise N/A Genre Fighting PSTV Yes PSN …

What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord PSP (neat idea, solid execution)

(PSP) What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord? review

A completely unique and quirky puzzle-strategy hybrid from Acquire that flips conventions on its head to make a memorable (if a bit frustrating) product. Developer Acquire; SCE Japan Studio Publish…

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I think I'm fully indoctrinated because I've had my vita for like 3 weeks and I'm already considering grabbing a backup one since I bet a bunch of "P4G machines" are about to hit the used market with the incoming steam release.

Killzone Mercenary came today. Hope to check it out this weekend, but I'm neck deep in so many games already

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
I think I'm fully indoctrinated because I've had my vita for like 3 weeks and I'm already considering grabbing a backup one since I bet a bunch of "P4G machines" are about to hit the used market with the incoming steam release.

Killzone Mercenary came today. Hope to check it out this weekend, but I'm neck deep in so many games already

Glad to hear it. It's a wonderful machine. I think it's right up there with the Dreamcast as the most underrated system ever.

Also, there's no physical release for this, but give Soul Sacrifice Delta on the PSN a chance. If you like Monster Hunter then it provides one of the best alternatives since it's game design is similar but different enough to stand out. If you don't like Monster Hunter than it different enough to intrigue you because of its story. And that is why I'm recommending it to you. Since you seem to like games with story and narrative... Soul Sacrifice Delta has one of the freshest and best stories in the hunting genre. Each chapter is short but eloquent and some are deep as you learn more about the characters and their background stories. As far as I'm concerned, it's a must play exclusive on the PS Vita.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Glad to hear it. It's a wonderful machine. I think it's right up there with the Dreamcast as the most underrated system ever.

Also, there's no physical release for this, but give Soul Sacrifice Delta on the PSN a chance. If you like Monster Hunter then it provides one of the best alternatives since it's game design is similar but different enough to stand out. If you don't like Monster Hunter than it different enough to intrigue you because of its story. And that is why I'm recommending it to you. Since you seem to like games with story and narrative... Soul Sacrifice Delta has one of the freshest and best stories in the hunting genre. Each chapter is short but eloquent and some are deep as you learn more about the characters and their background stories. As far as I'm concerned, it's a must play exclusive on the PS Vita.

Cool. Added to the wishlist!

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
Few reviews I've done since the last time I posted:

Factotum 90 (decent idea, but ultimately dull puzzle game)

(Vita) Factotum 90 review

An entertaining idea and promising set up lead to some monotonous and slow gameplay in this robotic puzzler from TACS Games. Developer TACS Games Publisher TACS Games; Limited Run Games Franchise N…

Freedom Wars (loved it - flawed, but really enjoyable hunting action title)

(Vita) Freedom Wars review

A big-budget hunting game from Dimps, Shift and Sony that introduces plenty of new ideas nearly all of which work well and despite a couple of issues, provides a truly memorable experience. Develop…

Murasaki Baby (decent showcase of Vita tech, but otherwise short and underdeveloped)

(Vita) Murasaki Baby review

A thoughtful puzzle game from Ovosonico with a striking artstyle that manages to make good use of the Vita’s hardware, but a brief runtime and underdeveloped ideas keep it from achieving its …

Son of Scoregasm (hidden gem twin-stick shooter, loads of fun)

(Vita) Son of Scoregasm review

A tough-as-nails twin-stick shooter that sticks to the standard genre formula but introduces unique twists that make it memorable and well worth checking out. Developer Charlie’s Games Publis…

Destrega PS1 (stupid, but actually quite a lot of fun)

(PS1) Destrega review

An enjoyable 3D fighter from Omega Force that eschews balance and tight mechanics for chaotic, fireball-chucking fun. Developer Omega Force Publisher Koei Franchise N/A Genre Fighting PSTV Yes PSN …

What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord PSP (neat idea, solid execution)

(PSP) What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord? review

A completely unique and quirky puzzle-strategy hybrid from Acquire that flips conventions on its head to make a memorable (if a bit frustrating) product. Developer Acquire; SCE Japan Studio Publish…

Just wanted to give you a shout out over the years. While I don't always agree with your scores, I always appreciated your reviews since they've made me give some games a chance or given some spotlights while I would not have tried some without your reviews.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

I also recommend soul Sacrifice delta. One if my favorite games on the system.

Also there is a physical copy of delta. Theres a japanese version and an Asia version. The asia version is actually in english but it's pretty expensive.

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
I also recommend soul Sacrifice delta. One if my favorite games on the system.

Also there is a physical copy of delta. Theres a japanese version and an Asia version. The asia version is actually in english but it's pretty expensive.

Oh yeah. I tried finding it once but prices aren't so favorable. It's hard to find the Asia copies now. You're right. I'd love to add it to my physical collection.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Just wanted to give you a shout out over the years. While I don't always agree with your scores, I always appreciated your reviews since they've made me give some games a chance or given some spotlights while I would not have tried some without your reviews.

Thank you, what a really lovely thing to say!

By the way, totally agree with your assessment of Soul Sacrifice Delta above too :)

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017

kEsuQ2m.gif

Sekai is actually going to deliver? I'm legit shocked.

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
So I bought a Vita again to play some games that I've missed.
And it seems Sony broke something as I cannot download some of the games I have bought. They aren't visible in the download list in the PS Store App, clicking the Download button in the store app doesn't work and queueing it from the PC browser throws an error. Any help?

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
So I bought a Vita again to play some games that I've missed.
And it seems Sony broke something as I cannot download some of the games I have bought. They aren't visible in the download list in the PS Store App, clicking the Download button in the store app doesn't work and queueing it from the PC browser throws an error. Any help?

I just started seeing this issue pop up a couple days ago in the Vita Reddit pages. I think it's been happening to UK members on that page...

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I finally platinumed Tokyo Xanadu and my thoughts are pretty much the same as the first time I played it: it's a damn disappointment.

I thought that playing it knowing that the characters are basically walking clichés would help, and it kinda did... For six chapters or so. Then the crappy last two chapters happened and I remembered why I was so salty with this game.

Gameplay-wise, the game is just good. Doesn't feel as good as Ys, but it's still good. The story I feel like it had potential, but (as I mentioned earlier) the whole cast is just a bunch of walking clichés
not to mention that Blandy McBlandface ends up having such an important role. Seriously, Shiori has to be one of the blandest character I've ever had the misfortune to know (she's up there with the Valkyrie Drive cast)
and, even though there were some great moments during the final chapters, they somehow managed to put some stuff that was kinda detrimental.
e.g. when you have to the eclipse and kill the mongrel, we finally get to see Gorou and Jun, and they act like fucking assholes during that scene, obviously making you believe that they are the baddies. NOPE, turns out they were trying to kill the mongrel too (and fail in such a stupid way lol).

And then during the final chapter, when you have to go all over the city to set the barrier stuff. You have to go to the pillars and end up reuniting qith other members of the XRC. The time comes when you reunite with Shio and Gorou. They come to rescue you alongside Gotou (with a damn gatling gun, which was actually pretty badass) and... Akihiro with a wooden sword. Really game??? Akihiro??? With a wooden sword??? Lol

During that chapter we also have to save Mikuriya (I think that was his name). The dude who went from a baddie, to fucking comic relief and then he comes to our aid in a chopper. What???

Oh, also during that part of the final chapter a couple of people from the karate and kendo team come to our rescue, because apparently they can one shot angels and grim greeds lol.

During the whole final chapter we're supposed to get this urgency feeling to rescue Shirori, but seriously, I don't give two fucks about Shiori.

And lastly, we have the shitty epilogue. Do you remember how some other characters kept telling you how you had to be ready to make a decision and face the consequences (or something like that)??? JUST KIDDING, YOU GET TO REVIVE SHIORI AND EVERYONE LIVES HAPPILY FOREVER END

I know I complained a lot, but this is actually a good 7/10 game. Just don't go in expecting something akin to a TLoH with Ys gameplay.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Are Vita games becoming rare? I'm selling some of my physical ones on eBay that I also have digitally, and I'm getting a fair amount of attention. I looked at some other listings and they list Uncharted as *rare*, lmao.

Also I've been getting questions about authenticity of the case/cover, is that becoming an issue?

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Yeah, Vita stuff got crazy quick.

A lot of people went digital only, or mostly digital, reducing the amount of physical carts out there as well.

Gio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manila
Hey folks. Wondering if anyone can help me troubleshoot the charging issue with my Vita (phat model), so I know what replacement parts to buy if still salvageable. It stopped being able to charge yesterday. I also got a slight shock when I touched the device, if that means anything. Left it to charge overnight and it was still at the same battery level despite the battery indicator saying it's charging. I also noticed that not all the copper contacts on my charger were visible anymore so maybe it's corroded? Anyway I ordered electronic contact cleaner; let's see if that solves the issue.

Anyone have a similar experience, and if so how did you manage to fix it?

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
I got Enso installed in both my vita and vita tv, and wanted to see if I could use my sd2vita depending on where I want to continue on, but even when I turn off my vita/vita tv and turn it on again whenever I try a game or app I get something like "this file is corrupted" message. Thats without removing the sd2vita. Shouldn't enso cover that?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I'll want for Christmas is Stranger from Sword City: Revisited. It's such an amazing game and a complete waste that it keeps getting ignored.

I would like that very much. Still on my NA account wishlist, I'd pull the trigger with a physical copy.

I'm still hoping someone picks up Wanted Corp, although I know it's a completely leftfield pick that'll never happen.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Ratalaika pretty much done with Vita now outside of a few 'big' visual novels that they'll release physically. Guess the QA suspension stopped their momentum and they're not coming back.

Can't say it's a huge loss, but every now and again they released a little gem.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Few new bits of content on my site - article about all the strategy games on Vita:

Strategy games on Vita

The thirteenth in a series of articles I’m writing, looking at all the games available in a particular genre on Vita. The articles will highlight all Vita-native games, as well as any backwards-com…

Reviews - Crazy Market (poor F2P title that didn't do much for me)

(Vita) Crazy Market review

A free-to-play experiment that brings some excitement to the idea of scanning items in a supermarket, let down massively by a predatory monetization system. Developer The Game Atelier Publisher The…

Demon's Tier+ (solid dungeon crawler, didn't enjoy it as much as Riddled Corpses but good send off for the developer on Vita)

(Vita) Demon’s Tier+ review

(Disclaimer – this is a review I wrote for VGChartz originally, hence the difference in formatting. I’m moving it to my own site for archiving sake. If I replay the game one day, I may re-write thi…

Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies (better than Neptunia U, but still a ways off what I'd want from Neptunia hack 'n' slash)

(Vita) Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies review

An improved take on Neptunia’s brawler format compared to Action Unleashed that still suffers from repetitive and shallow elements keeping it from all it could be. Developer Tamsoft Publisher…

Ray Gigant (disappointing DRPG - gorgeous, but far too easy. Comes into its own in the final chapters but too late by then)

(Vita) Ray Gigant review

A unique visual novel/dungeon RPG hybrid that brings plenty of interesting ideas to the table, but fails to offer a continually enjoyable experience throughout. Developer Experience Inc Publisher A…

Bishi Bash Special PS1 (crazy party game, needs playing on PSTV rather than Vita)

(PS1) Bishi Bashi Special review

A bonkers party game from Konami that provides some Warioware-esque crazy thrills, which unfortunately need more than one player to fully appreciate. Developer Konami Publisher Konami Franchise Bis…

Supermarket Mania PSP (time management/business management game, kinda fun actually)

(PSP) Supermarket Mania review

A more enjoyable supermarket management sim than you’d imagine based on the premise, with extra time management elements thrown into the mix. Developer G5 Entertainment Publisher G5 Entertain…