• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I remember that. I remember their LRGsite Instagram also saying Summer for Rabi Ribi

Too busy doing more Kickstarters
i'm trying to think but i can't remember where i saw it about either josh or doug saying that it would be coming next year and that i think it was something along the lines of they didn't do it this year because of they didn't want an onslaught of too many releases

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
i'm trying to think but i can't remember where i saw it about either josh or doug saying that it would be coming next year and that i think it was something along the lines of they didn't do it this year because of they didn't want an onslaught of too many releases

They said it was coming next year after missing the Summer date. Lol

Onslaught of too many release my ass. Look at November and December. Haha. Wouldve been nice to pair with a single release so we can save on shipping. If we were going to buy it anyway, it wouldnt matter. But thats just me.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

The r/Vita AMA said Q1 2018 for Rabi Ribi, IIRC.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Ugh. I wish Sekai Project could be held to a higher authority. Like when NISA flubbed the Ys VIII localization and people started writing to the Japanese parent company...

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
never going to seriously listen to a Sekai Project news date ever again

Sorry if I'm complaining too much guys. I'm just ridiculously frustrated/annoyed with SP. lol

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

I can't get on Discord at the moment but I distinctly remember being told I was crazy for thinking that this SRW tease was for a Vita game, but here we are (in fact I think I was called out on it in this thread too).

Just need the Asian-English news to be Vita related and I'd be right on both counts! (Can see that happening too, we're getting Digimon next month so it's not a big surprise)

Very happy too. Will definitely import if it happens!

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get on Discord at the moment but I distinctly remember being told I was crazy for thinking that this SRW tease was for a Vita game, but here we are (in fact I think I was called out on it in this thread too).

Just need the Asian-English news to be Vita related and I'd be right on both counts! (Can see that happening too, we're getting Digimon next month so it's not a big surprise)

To be fair, most people expected a new OG game which wouldn't be on the Vita.

b4lmung

Oct 27, 2017
Japan

: )

c497f154-e4bd-4998-b03e-ec1f82eb04f0.png

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
OK guys, we talked about this a couple months ago, but I'm heading into NYC for work on Wednesday.

I will take a peek at RJ's on 6th again, but you all mentioned a better game store a little past times square. What is the name of that glorious gaming store?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me wonder why they're releasing the Vita version in Asia after skipping Gintama for the handheld.

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered all the Danganronpa games (except V3, because I couldn't find it for the retail price).
Never played them, but I can't wait.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas

Shinriji

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will take a peek at RJ's on 6th again, but you all mentioned a better game store a little past times square. What is the name of that glorious gaming store?

Well, there is a J&L (1026 6th ave, near Bryant Park) and VideogamesNYC (202 E 6th St, near Washington Sq) with good vita selections, but J&L is expensive and VGNY is hit or miss. I could recommend Book Off, but the last time I went there, the Vita selection was crap.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Well, there is a J&L (1026 6th ave, near Bryant Park) and VideogamesNYC (202 E 6th St, near Washington Sq) with good vita selections, but J&L is expensive and VGNY is hit or miss. I could recommend Book Off, but the last time I went there, the Vita selection was crap.

Maybe J & L is the place I'm thinking of. It's right around 34-36 & 6th....

Maybe it's VideogamesNYC I'm thinking off...

Pandora012 do you remember?

Oct 25, 2017
is the error that kills memory cards the error c2-12828-1?
it appeared when i tried to launch little big planet a few times, then it said some files had been corrupted and a database rebuild was prompted. After the database rebuild, lbp still wouldn't launch, so i deleted it.
it happened with muramasa a year ago, i deleted and downloaded again and it's not working too, i wonder if it is some memory adresses that corrupt on the memory card and whatever game uses these adresses get corrupted. the OS is installed on the internal memory in the slim, right?

edit:
i'm now downloading lbp again and the file is 1.1gb, what was installed before had only 440mb's, my vita is eating my game's size?

edit 2:
i think it's safe for now, i installed the game, downloaded my saves from the cloud and was able to play without any crashes. i'll download and install muramasa tomorrow to see if the problem persists with this particular game

Last edited:

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of nice Vita games on sale today with the PSN Holiday sale. I'm definitely picking up Steamworld Dig 2. I'm also considering these, if anyone wants to throw in their input

Darkest Dungeon: Crimson Edition (a little hesitant on this since there's DLC coming up and they might do a Complete edition including it)
Axiom Verge (can keep my Multiverse edition sealed and support a great cause)
Crypt of the NecroDancer (not that into rogue-likes, but I've heard good things about this forever and $3 is like whatever)
Croixleur Sigma (is this just another anime game or is it actually good?)
Slain (might be too hard for me; I'm not good at action platformers, lol)

Also, looking at these games because they're super cheap

Dying: Reborn
Lara Croft GO
Super Blackout
The Bridge

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
This is the only game you mentioned that I've played and this might not be too interesting but. It's just lights out, literally that's it. I had one of the tiger electronics lights out game as a kid and so this scratches a bit of a nostalgic itch while also being a decent puzzle game. The easy stuff is for babies while hard stuff actually is really hard. For the cheap price I can't call it a disappointment.

KLonso

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone played Xcom on Vita? I'm thinking of picking it up since it's only $5, but I already own it on PC (haven't played it yet), so if the port isn't great then I won't bother.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone played Xcom on Vita? I'm thinking of picking it up since it's only $5, but I already own it on PC (haven't played it yet), so if the port isn't great then I won't bother.

I've played a bit (maybe 45 minutes). It's rough, and the textures and load times aren't good, but like the reviews say, since it's turn based, it's not such an issue and the game is playable. Overall I'd say it's acceptable but nothing that is going to wow you. It's also based off the mobile game (at least I'm fairly sure it is), so if you already have it on PC I'd probably play it there, since you can probably brute force your way to better performance, and have more bells and whistles active. If you care about trophies and portability and don't mind worse performance though then it'd be enough to make it worthwhile for those aspects. I can't say whether or not the game is fun or worth a play though, as I haven't put enough time into it to comment honestly on that front.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I played the game on my PS4 but unless there are any Vita specific issues, the game is quite fun. It is short though (I got the platinum in two hours or so) but I bought it when it was on sale previously so it was money well spent.

This is the only game you mentioned that I've played and this might not be too interesting but. It's just lights out, literally that's it. I had one of the tiger electronics lights out game as a kid and so this scratches a bit of a nostalgic itch while also being a decent puzzle game. The easy stuff is for babies while hard stuff actually is really hard. For the cheap price I can't call it a disappointment.

Thanks, will pick these 2 up. $2.50 for a short good short game with a Platinum isn't bad at all, and I can't go wrong with $1 for a puzzle game.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think whomever is in charge of updating the Vita store did it correctly. Castlevania SoTN is also included in the sale but it's not listed in the deals section for the promo. There might be more.

Is there a full list going for the promo, divided by console?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the general consensus on Trillion: God of Destruction? It's still on sale for $7.

Seems like one of those quirky games you can't really depend on mainstream reviews to properly appreciate.

Never played "Papers, Please." Is Vita a good version to just jump into?

It's a great and unique game. I can't imagine it having any technical issues on Vita but I haven't played it there.