• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Update for Sharin no Kuni:

Project Progress Update #13: Current Status of Game Development and Merchandise Production

"First, we want to assure everyone that there are currently no plans of changing or removing any of the rewards we initially offered in the campaign. As we said in the update titled "Project Progress Update #11: Explanation Of Development Status And Revised Schedule", we re-evaluated the development schedule to give utmost priority to the Vita version the moment we knew about the deadline. As a result, right now the development of the Vita version has finished and we will proceed with the subsequent steps.

However, although the development of the Vita port itself has indeed finished, the manufacturing and publishing process has been consigned to an external company, and right now we cannot unilaterally disclose the progress of this process due to contract confidentiality terms."

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
in-store purchases @ gamestop are some of the best prices for vita games (even better if they are running a special) and you can check for cases too, so good work.
Bah, I haven't been in a GS for years...and not too fond of going in one, but I guess I might have to check some.
As a Canadian those prices / the fact you can find stuff at gamestop at all make me super jealous.

I have about 6-8 stores between my home and office I can keep checking from time to time. I lucked out that someone just traded those in, but now I'm going to keep checking all the stores for similar deals.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, that is the option I chose during the Kickstarter. My order is locked on Backerkit, so I am not sure if it is still available through it or the KS page.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Is that option still available to pick?

Is that this option:
Pledge $40 or more
[Let's Get Physical]

INCLUDES:
  • Access to BackerKit
  • A thank-you letter
  • A physical copy of the full localized game (Windows)!
ESTIMATED DELIVERYOct 2017
SHIPS TOAnywhere in the world
819 backers

The Kickstarter campaign closed a long time ago, I believe the same applies to Backerkit if it was ever available. If eastasiasoft is the one publishing the physical print, copies of the game will be available on Play-Asia.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
And they will probably be cheaper in P-A. If it's happening. Still a big if.

But if it is happening and it's not LRG, I will be hit with customs. Fun.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the developer took their sweet time with it. It was first slated to be released in August 2017. It's almost March 2019 and they still can't commit to a release date.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Yes, that is the option I chose during the Kickstarter. My order is locked on Backerkit, so I am not sure if it is still available through it or the KS page.
The Kickstarter campaign closed a long time ago, I believe the same applies to Backerkit if it was ever available. If eastasiasoft is the one publishing the physical print, copies of the game will be available on Play-Asia.
And they will probably be cheaper in P-A. If it's happening. Still a big if.

But if it is happening and it's not LRG, I will be hit with customs. Fun.

I guess I'll have to keep an eye out here for news on it. Hopefully PA can get a physical version and sell pre-orders.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
To be fair, the developer took their sweet time with it. It was first slated to be released in August 2017. It's almost March 2019 and they still can't commit to a release date.

I keep forgetting how long it's been. It's ridiculous. They have to stop fiddling around and just do the refunds: It's not coming out. Not even the Steam version is ready and that was supposedly the easy one, but supposedly they stopped working on that version to give priority to Vita due to the immediate urgency of the cart production deadline. And yet, no Vita version, no Steam version, and all their estimates (provided by them) broken.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting how long it's been. It's ridiculous. They have to stop fiddling around and just do the refunds: It's not coming out. Not even the Steam version is ready and that was supposedly the easy one, but supposedly they stopped working on that version to give priority to Vita due to the immediate urgency of the cart production deadline. And yet, no Vita version, no Steam version, and all their estimates (provided by them) broken.

Someone is giving Sekai Project a run for their money.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The Vita version Dies irae release is still TBD as well, while they have talks with Sony America and Europe.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Clannad, Fruit of Grisaia, Little Busters, Angel Beats, Island, yup playing them all on my vita... #$%@^$^

At least I was able to import the English text version of Clannad on my PS4. (full English version released on PSN later)

Are you sure? I'm fairly sure it's just the same version but digital instead of physical and not being Japan-only.

Oct 25, 2017
it's weird to see a plataform i like fade out like this, at the end of the last year i was playing my vita almost everyday replaying atelier escha and logy and trails of cold steel 2
TBfwkHr.jpg
L7qfD5W.jpg
i'm sorry for the blog post, it's just.. ehh
edit: also i took some screenshots from the art section in atelier escha, they make pretty good wallpapers on vita, here you go

Last edited:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Escha & Logy sure is a beautiful game. I need to give it another go some time.

But first, Meruru!

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I have the standard edition and mine has Pegi on the back. This seems like it's only the back of the box that was affected.

i think that's what they mean, the wording is slightly confusing but it seems weird they didn't just pull a iffy/nisa and make the box a naked one with just some art on the front

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
i think that's what they mean, the wording is slightly confusing but it seems weird they didn't just pull a iffy/nisa and make the box a naked one with just some art on the front

Limited editions sold in stores require ESRB rating and that particular set-up/packaging, the ones from NISA and Idea Factory are exclusive to their online stores.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
About Root Double EU:
Hello Backers,

We've been running though FQA back and forth the past few months to get the game finalized and approved for European PSN. There should be one more FQA round and things should finally be ready for release. Also to calm any fears there has been no content changes between any versions that have been released.

First time I hear of a game taking 1 year to pass QA, especially when it's already out in NA....

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
About Root Double EU:

First time I hear of a game taking 1 year to pass QA, especially when it's already out in NA....

I'm a bit confused. If there aren't any content changes then why would the QA need to take so long? Like you say it's already out in NA and many games (even the smaller ones) wind up releasing same day across regions, or usually up to a month after one region releases.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit confused. If there aren't any content changes then why would the QA need to take so long? Like you say it's already out in NA and many games (even the smaller ones) wind up releasing same day across regions, or usually up to a month after one region releases.
Probably a part timer who's not super experienced with Sony's approval process, and keeps overlooking issues that makes Sony reject it (Europe and NA have different requirements). It's probably also low priority for both the developer and Sony, so each fix and rereview probaby takes some time.

jak153

Oct 30, 2017
Anybody know if there's ever been a game that was delisted and then put back or atleast their dlc? I bought Battle of Z off gamestop but it seems that there is no place that sales its dlc. Interestingly enough the PS3 version still has its page up although only through its product link and cannot be found by searching it on psn.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody know if there's ever been a game that was delisted and then put back or atleast their dlc? I bought Battle of Z off gamestop but it seems that there is no place that sales its dlc. Interestingly enough the PS3 version still has its page up although only through its product link and cannot be found by searching it on psn.

Dragon's Crown was delisted and put back up iirc. But DBZ's DLC won't be put back up, I'm 99% certain.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Lots of new stuff up on my site - an article about all the stealth games on Vita:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/03/04/stealth-games-available-on-vita/

And then a tonne of reviews - Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (a bad game which I enjoyed as a guilty pleasure):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/02/28/vita-dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-venus-import-review/

One More Dungeon (a bad game which I didn't enjoy as a guilty pleasure):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/03/05/vita-one-more-dungeon-review/

Revenant Saga (a thoroughly average game):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/02/26/vita-revenant-saga-review/

And Battle Arena Toshinden 2 Plus (grabbed from JP PSN - it's a version we didn't get in the west and I loved it):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/03/02/ps1-battle-arena-toshinden-2-plus-review/

Side note, I'm playing Pato Box at the moment and I can't tell if I love or hate it. The aesthetic and music is sublime. The gameplay is sometimes brilliant, sometimes rip-your-hair-out frustrating!

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lovely. got the rebuild the database error. gonna back my saves to my pc. already did A fall backup before. then going to reformat card and try to reload everything backed up edit. not too bad lost some saves like for Robot taisen V and dengeki bunko. and screenshots.

Last edited:

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Got a review of Pato Box on Vita for anyone thinking of buying today. It's a very odd game that I both adored and hated in somewhat equal measure:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/03/07/vita-pato-box-review/

Also GTA Vice City Stories because why the hell not, it's one of the best PSP games you can get on Vita:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/03/06/psp-grand-theft-auto-vice-city-stories-review/
I really like Pato Box. Yeah, it has some jank and Primo feels a bit weird the first time you control him, but once I got used to it, I really had a blast.

The battles are challenging (and I can see why some people may find it frustrating), but I think that once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun. There aren't many bosses, but the fact that they are so different from each other mad up for it. Just for the record, the only boss I thought was pretty damn hard was Dark Pato (and Plaganetes to a certain degree, but that's because I didn't even know what I was supposed to do).

I'm kinda proud to say that I managed to get the platinum.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I really like Pato Box. Yeah, it has some jank and Primo feels a bit weird the first time you control him, but once I got used to it, I really had a blast.

The battles are challenging (and I can see why some people may find it frustrating), but I think that once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun. There aren't many bosses, but the fact that they are so different from each other mad up for it. Just for the record, the only boss I thought was pretty damn hard was Dark Pato (and Plaganetes to a certain degree, but that's because I didn't even know what I was supposed to do).

I'm kinda proud to say that I managed to get the platinum.

You got the platinum? Yikes, I couldn't even beat the bosses without being hit! That's really impressive.

Oddly enough I found Plaganetes quite easy, it was Pizzicanatra and
Faith
that I really really struggled with.

I loved the style and structure of the game though and found the soundtrack sublime, so overall I would say I liked it, but it definitely irritated me at times too.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
You got the platinum? Yikes, I couldn't even beat the bosses without being hit! That's really impressive.

Oddly enough I found Plaganetes quite easy, it was Pizzicanatra and
Faith
that I really really struggled with.

I loved the style and structure of the game though and found the soundtrack sublime, so overall I would say I liked it, but it definitely irritated me at times too.
At the beginning I found Pizzicanatra very difficult, but that's because I didn't know you had to throw the socks to his face (I kept throwing them to the pot, and we already know what happens when you do that), but Dark Pato was by far the hardest boss. Took me days to beat him and then after that everything felt kinda easy.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
After the production shutdown thread convinced myself to get myself what will be my 3rd vita. I haven't been using mine on the regular for a while now but the batteries/memory cards in my old ones are starting to go and I have way too big a collection to just have go useless so I just bit the bullet.

It is a silver model (still don't like the black screen bezels but w/e) that shipped with 3.68 but modoru let me go back to 3.65. Also got a SD card adapter so I don't have to worry about my memory card ticking time bomb. I'm not sure my 64GB vita card ever worked 100%, it was always so slow to read/write to.

But anyway, hoping to catch up on some vita stuff I missed out on over the last year or so.