• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 126 28.4%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.1%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.6%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.7%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I did it! After 3 years without a Vita I can't wait to hold it in my hands again.

YSDqDOQ.png

xjPi6Th.gif

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Is it true that there are unobtainable trophies in the western Tokyo Tattoo Girls release?

I don't know about unobtainable but I do know that the trophies don't sync with PSN. It's like the trophy list hasn't been added to Sony's server. Same thing with Top Trumps Turbo. I don't think that game was ever fixed.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about unobtainable but I do know that the trophies don't sync with PSN. It's like the trophy list hasn't been added to Sony's server. Same thing with Top Trumps Turbo. I don't think that game was ever fixed.

How does that work? Like, you earn the trophies but aren't able to send them to the servers? That sounds really strange...

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Oh trophies I love thee. I've had to contact multiple devs by e-mail lately regarding trophies. Recently there was Miko Gakkou, whose NA trophy list didn't go up until two weeks after release, that was fun and when I e-mailed the dev team they ended up being super nice. Was initially thought to be an issue between Sony and the Publisher, like the developer thought the Publisher didn't submit the list to Sony. In the end however it ended up being all on Sony, they just took forever to approve and upload the list.

Tokyo Tattoo Girls is likely the same. I doubt NISA forgot to submit the list to Sony, whoever's in charge though is obviously slipping lately.

Bonus Story: On GAF I noticed John from 8-4 had posted in the Undertale OT about glitched trophies for the Vita/PS4 version and over PSN messages/e-mail I ended up being able to help them reproduce the glitch with 100% accuracy and very quickly. For my help 8-4 sent me an Undertale LE. :) That was so nice, but it was also nice to talk to them in general because they localize all the best stuff like Fire Emblem and NieR haha. Mhm, now I'm curious if any of the 8-4 Staff made it over to Reset...

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Idea Factory Vita games on sale on NA PSN this week:

Mary Skelter: Nightmares - $27.99 $23.99
Trillion: God of Destruction - $8.99 $5.99
MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death - $7.49 $4.49
Monster MonPiece - $3.99 $1.99
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds - $17.99 $14.99
Amnesia: Memories - $4.99 $2.99
Hyperdimentiom Neptunia ReBirth1 - $8.99 $5.99
Hyperdimentiom Neptunia ReBirth2 - $8.99 $5.99
Hyperdimentiom Neptunia ReBirth3: V Generation - $8.99 $5.99
Super Dimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard Girls - $15.99 $11.99
Hyperdevotion Noir: Goddes Blackheart - $7.49 $4.49
Hyperdimention Neptunia U: Action Unleashed - $7.49 $4.49
Megatagmension Black + Neptune Vs Zombies - $11.99 $8.99

Most of this is trash but Mary Skelter looks good. I'm curious about Trillion for $6

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Trillion is great if you like raising sims or breaking games.
Monster Monpiece is a legitimately great card game under the lewd.
Nep is Nep.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
So I heard from one person if I wanted to just dip my toes into Neptunia than the crossover game would be a good place to start? I'm thinking about getting that one.

Trillion is great if you like raising sims or breaking games.

What on earth is a breaking game? I was thinking about getting this one too, but for some reason I remember it seemed like a mixed bag from impressions back on the other thread. I don't actually know anything about the game but I think it's semi-roguelite? You're supposed to fail any retry the final boss until you finally win right?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
What on earth is a breaking game? I was thinking about getting this one too, but for some reason I remember it seemed like a mixed bag from impressions back on the other thread. I don't actually know anything about the game but I think it's semi-roguelite? You're supposed to fail any retry the final boss until you finally win right?
Nah, it's kinda SRPG in its battle system but it's just your one unit against a giant enemy with various attack patterns.
But yeah, you fail and retry over and over and each loss kills a main character permanently. It's interesting.
I didn't mean breaking games as a genre, but as in exploiting the mechanics a game gives you in such a way that it removes any difficulty and you do astronomical damage. Like in Final Fantasy 8 how you can exploit junctions early to make the game even easier.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
Nah, it's kinda SRPG in its battle system but it's just your one unit against a giant enemy with various attack patterns.
But yeah, you fail and retry over and over and each loss kills a main character permanently. It's interesting.
I didn't mean breaking games as a genre, but as in exploiting the mechanics a game gives you in such a way that it removes any difficulty and you do astronomical damage. Like in Final Fantasy 8 how you can exploit junctions early to make the game even easier.
Ah, now that you explain it I don't know how I thought you were referring to a genre, feel kinda silly now...
Anyway I'll have to look up some gameplay to really know, but I can never really get into super complicated SRPGs like FFTactics or Disgaea so probably a pass I guess.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
If it is anything like Birthdays the Beginning, any trophy issues will not get fixed.
Hahaha, are they for real? They can't patch it? So basically, no one can get the platinum.

Edit:
"Yep, the Platinum trophy is achievable, I just got it few minutes ago as I reached a total of 10 billions years.

It took me a total of 609 hours... I played something like 35 hours, and the rest was just letting the game run by itself at full speed with infinite health point..."

Only takes 600~ hours.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I have to bother you one more time: Can you recommend some hidden gems?
I've already played Tearaway and Gravity Rush (loved both), got a lot of Cross-play Indies from PS+/PS4 (Rogue Legacy, Undertale, Nuclear Throne, Salt & Sancturary, Darkest Dungeon, Hotline Miami, etc.), I love the Vanillaware games (already purchased Muramasa Rebirth, got Odin Sphere and Dragons Crown on the PS3/PS4 already) and the Danganronpa games are on my wishlist.
I'm looking for some lesser known games, I think VA11 HALL-A is a good example, something weird, fascinating, cool, good-looking, etc.

Congrats! Metallic red though? It's such an angry color haha.
Angry, you mean sexy ;)

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I've already played Tearaway and Gravity Rush (loved both), got a lot of Cross-play Indies from PS+/PS4 (Rogue Legacy, Undertale, Nuclear Throne, Salt & Sancturary, Darkest Dungeon, Hotline Miami, etc.), I love the Vanillaware games (already purchased Muramasa Rebirth, got Odin Sphere and Dragons Crown on the PS3/PS4 already) and the Danganronpa games are on my wishlist.
I'm looking for some lesser known games, I think VA11 HALL-A is a good example, something weird, fascinating, cool, good-looking, etc.

Ha, I've got loads - most I've got reviews for too.

Lost Dimension is a great tactical turn-based RPG with a traitor mechanic, probably my #1 pick among underrated Vita games - review here

Shinobido 2 is a sandbox stealth-action game that got ignored in the launch rush - it is a little repetitive but everything else about it is great - review here

Trillion: God of Destruction is on sale in the US at the moment and miles better than people give it credit for - its actually really heartfelt and addictive - review here

And just miscellaneous stuff - people never mention TxK but it's great; Root Letter wasn't for everyone but I really loved it and rarely hear it brought up. Finally, one of my favourite games for the platform in general would be Mobile Suit Gundam: Exteme Vs Force. I have no real connection with the franchise but just found it to be a fun game that mixed action and strategy perfectly, in a way I hadn't seen like Future Cop LAPD back on the PS1. It's well worth checking out.

Congrats on the new Vita btw. I hope you love it as much as everyone else here :)

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm checking through my trophy list. Let's see...
Tales of Hearts R
Summon Night 6
Taiko no Tatsujin V
IA/VT
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
Lost Dimension
Toukiden 2
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Trillion
World of Final Fantasy
Downwell
Shiren the Wanderer

Some of them aren't THAT hidden but oh well.

Did you do the Zero Escape trilogy at all yet?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Any of the Ys games. They seriously rock. Even the PSP ones as they are playable on your Vita if you grab the digital copies from the store. I'm doing a run through on the entire series at the moment via my Vita and am having a blast with them all (well, bar the odd boss fight here and there not being quite as well designed as others!).

Rhythm action wise get any of the Miku games, definitely get Superbeat Xonic and DJMax Technika Tune (two games that have stolen tons of hours of my time).

Then for portable fighters you've got at least 3 different Blazblue games, Street Fighter X Tekken, Dengeki Bunko, Dead or Alive 5 (and probably many more I'm forgetting) but for what its worth I'd recommend Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Amazing character line up and amazing controls. Works so darn well on the Vita.

Oh, and in case you don't own it already for any format, get Shovel Knight. Ignore every other game I recommended and just get Shovel Knight.

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering whether anyone could answer a question I have about the Vita's Content Manager capabilities with the PS3.

I learned last week that you can download certain PSP games that don't appear compatible on the PSN store by adding them to your download list on the PS3 and then connecting the Vita through USB or wirelessly to transfer it to the PS3. I attempted this, but for every category available there was 'no content' displayed despite following the specific step of adding a game to a download list but leaving it uninstalled. I searched for whether anyone else has faced this issue before and there was a thread that was opened on it at the old place and the OP for that thread wasn't able to solve it after solutions mentioned like 2-step verification disabled, which in my case it already is. I've read other people with this problem speculate that this ability was removed in recent firmware updates, not exactly certain when. Note that the thread I was referring to was opened in the summer of last year so perhaps it was removed around then.

Anyone that can offer insight on this or has also experienced this problem? It might be useful to know my account and my vita is in NA, specifically Canada. Any help would be welcome.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Angry, you mean sexy ;)

Monster MonPiece is legit, a really fun card battle game. It gets overlooked for having trashy ecchi card art and a dumb rubbing minigame but the actual game is quite good.

It's currently on sale for $3.99 or $1.99 if you have Plus.

No More Heroes (No Puzzles Either) is an awesome little frantic puzzle game. It's F2Pwith IAP but there is an IAP bundle for $10 that turns it into a premium game. Give it a try and buy it if you like it, it's addicting.

Lumines: Electronic Symphony is an excellent rhythm game exclusive to Vita.

EDF 2017 and EDF 2 are games every Vita owner should have, at least one of them.

Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds

Dariusburst Chronicles Savior

Big Sky Infinite

Dungeon Travellers 2

Crypt of the NecroDancer
Downwell
Shiren the Wanderer

These I have played and are all excellent, must-own games IMO and Shiren 5 is a real Vita exclusive.

I bought Tales of Hearts R on sale for $9 because of all the hype it gets from Vita owners and I'm glad I didn't pay more. What a bland, generic snoozefest.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Hey there.

I pretty much gave up on my Vita last year because I got the C2-12828-1 error. Multiple database rebuilds, factory resets and formatting the memory card never fixed it. I never got a definitive answer, but is my system/memory fucked?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey there.

I pretty much gave up on my Vita last year because I got the C2-12828-1 error. Multiple database rebuilds, factory resets and formatting the memory card never fixed it. I never got a definitive answer, but is my system/memory fucked?

Wouldn't that just mean the memory card is toast? You should try a different card.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey there.

I got this about a year ago. I rebuilt the database, deleted the two games that it happened on (both digital games,) backed up all my saves to the cloud, and it hasn't happened since. Fingers crossed.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Tales of Hearts R
Summon Night 6
Taiko no Tatsujin V
IA/VT
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
Lost Dimension
Toukiden 2
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Trillion
World of Final Fantasy
Downwell
Shiren the Wanderer

Some of them aren't THAT hidden but oh well.

Did you do the Zero Escape trilogy at all yet?
I enjoyed IA/VT more than I thought I would. Also Tales of Hearts R is really good.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Angry, you mean sexy ;)
Toukiden is probably a better Monster Hunter game than Monster Hunter.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
A Vita port came out in Japan earlier this year with new content exclusive to Vita. The localisation would be for that content (it would presumably use the existing localisation for the rest.)

Vita port has exclusive content.

Ah thanks. Wasn't aware the Vita had extra content.

It's an amazing game. My GOTY 2016. If we get the Vita port next year, it'll be my GOTY 2018 as well.

Hmmm. Note to self - buy The House in Fata Morgana and Mask of Deception as fast as possible haha.

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering whether anyone could answer a question I have about the Vita's Content Manager capabilities with the PS3.

I learned last week that you can download certain PSP games that don't appear compatible on the PSN store by adding them to your download list on the PS3 and then connecting the Vita through USB or wirelessly to transfer it to the PS3. I attempted this, but for every category available there was 'no content' displayed despite following the specific step of adding a game to a download list but leaving it uninstalled. I searched for whether anyone else has faced this issue before and there was a thread that was opened on it at the old place and the OP for that thread wasn't able to solve it after solutions mentioned like 2-step verification disabled, which in my case it already is. I've read other people with this problem speculate that this ability was removed in recent firmware updates, not exactly certain when. Note that the thread I was referring to was opened in the summer of last year so perhaps it was removed around then.

Anyone that can offer insight on this or has also experienced this problem? It might be useful to know my account and my vita is in NA, specifically Canada. Any help would be welcome.

I thought someone would've read this by now. I suppose I'll re-post this.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I want to second DJMax Technika Tune and Monster Monpiece, also investigate Sound Shapes and Velocity Ultra if you haven't.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My issue with technika max is that at higher levels, I feel like I must play with the vita on top of a table. And the handleheld mode where you use the rear pad isn't good for me since I can't trust the rear pad.

It gaves me headhaches when I tried to change commands in ys celceta, or Danganronpa when I have to destroy White lines

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
Am I the only who preferred destroying Danganronpa white lines with the rear touch? It was honestly the only time I thought the rear touch useful, but it seems like everyone hated it...
Sorry to go off topic, but was there any good application for it that worked well? cause if Danganronpa doesn't count I can't think of one.

So I can't help much, I know I've done this and it worked, but that was a while ago. There was a thread also on the old site that kept track of what PS1/PSP games were compatible with Vita and if they required a PS3 for transfer. I know from that thread that individual games would get marked as compatible or incompatible randomly with little or no reason (I have to assume publishers would wake up one day and decide they liked vita or another woke up another day and decided they didn't). So I know it doesn't help, but hopefully this is a problem with the specific game you're trying to transfer and not that they patched out the ability to do this.

There were a couple PS1 games I hadn't gotten around to transferring so I'll be pissed if I missed out on being able to play them on my vita.