• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys new to the forum but have been following since the old days.

Just got a 64gb memory card for my vita. Probably should have gone bigger since after checking my backup folder is over 200gb.

I've been mostly digital since psp go.

It kind of stung buying a 64gb sd card for $15 when I paid $100 for a 32gb vita card at launch.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Our hope now goes with Pqube to localize all our fantasy localizations.

I'm sure they're not that committed, or they could prove me wrong.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea you could install VHBL on a regular Vita. I asssumed you had to have custom firmware.
Hopefully there will eventually still be another exploit. There's too many PSP games that never made it onto PSN.

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have to figure out why the notification system just seems hate this thread for me. Lol
Is there any official thread for Henkaku and Vita Emulation or is that this thread? I can't seem to find one so far.
To my knowledge there isn't but i'm hoping someone more knowledgeable about the modding scene puts one up.
Hi guys new to the forum but have been following since the old days.

Just got a 64gb memory card for my vita. Probably should have gone bigger since after checking my backup folder is over 200gb.

I've been mostly digital since psp go.

It kind of stung buying a 64gb sd card for $15 when I paid $100 for a 32gb vita card at launch.
This is why i'm super reluctant to upgrade my 16gb one to a larger size. I'm too broke to afford it and would rather spend it on more games and the cost versus a microsd card is ridiculously absurd but I really do want to upgrade since i'd love to have more games on my system at any given moment.
Decisions :/

I had no idea you could install VHBL on a regular Vita. I asssumed you had to have custom firmware.
Hopefully there will eventually still be another exploit. There's too many PSP games that never made it onto PSN.
That's news to me. Link?

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to figure out why the notification system just seems hate this thread for me. Lol

To my knowledge there isn't but i'm hoping someone more knowledgeable about the modding scene puts one up.

This is why i'm super reluctant to upgrade my 16gb one to a larger size. I'm too broke to afford it and would rather spend it on more games and the cost versus a microsd card is ridiculously absurd but I really do want to upgrade since i'd love to have more games on my system at any given moment.
Decisions :/

That's news to me. Link?

https://hackinformer.com/2017/04/28/psvita-install-vhbl-bubble-fw3-65/

I'm not going to lie, it took me a while to get it up and running. It's not as easy as putting a file somewhere and then clicking it.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get past how nice this system is to use! It turns on really quickly, the OS is nice and snappy, and the interfaces for everything (store, general use, etc) are really easy to get the hang of. I put it through its paces earlier playing Trails of Cold Steel and the battery seemed to not want to drop down very quickly so it wasn't something I had to pay attention to.

And of course, like any good portable, just one press of the power button and the gameplay suspends,which for me is a super handy feature and makes playing RPGs so much easier. And the screen! Man, the screen is really nice, bright (perhaps even too bright haha) and I don't know what they did with it but everything looks really crisp. Mine is a Slim too - I can't imagine how the OG Vita looks but it really must be fantastic.

Preaching to the choir here, most likely, but this is such a nice and well designed piece of hardware - no wonder it's fans are so passionate about supporting it. It fulfills that one key wish I always have with a console purchase - I wish I'd bought one sooner.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get past how nice this system is to use! It turns on really quickly, the OS is nice and snappy, and the interfaces for everything (store, general use, etc) are really easy to get the hang of. I put it through its paces earlier playing Trails of Cold Steel and the battery seemed to not want to drop down very quickly so it wasn't something I had to pay attention to.

And of course, like any good portable, just one press of the power button and the gameplay suspends,which for me is a super handy feature and makes playing RPGs so much easier. And the screen! Man, the screen is really nice, bright (perhaps even too bright haha) and I don't know what they did with it but everything looks really crisp. Mine is a Slim too - I can't imagine how the OG Vita looks but it really must be fantastic.

Preaching to the choir here, most likely, but this is such a nice and well designed piece of hardware - no wonder it's fans are so passionate about supporting it. It fulfills that one key wish I always have with a console purchase - I wish I'd bought one sooner.

Yeah, you've highlighted several things I love about the Vita (and Switch). The suspend/resume feature is a game changer - being able to jump right back into games is so darn useful and the mix of niche and indie titles has really satisfied my interests even if I wish Sony would have gotten more higher profile releases on the system.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Crossing Souls guys provided an update:

Hi guys, I'm so sorry for not replying here earlier, we were doing a Twitch streaming with the Devolver guys!

As we said during our Kickstarter campaign, we are a very small team (just 5 people) and we can only focus on a bunch on platforms for now. Our main goal is to have the game ready and perfectly playable on PC and PS4, and once it's out we'll see how it works and what can we make about porting it to other platforms.

We'd LOVE to see Crossing Souls running on a Vita or another handheld platforms, we think the game would fit perfect on them but we can't plan anything real for now. We are also Vita lovers, but porting into this platform is something unlikely for now. We still need to chat about all of this between us but we'll make an update soon with clearer and final info ok?

Thanks to all of you for the interest, support and nice words about the game guys, we really appreciate it :)

Cheers to all!

Lol. Promise it in your Kickstarter campaign then say "we still need to talk about it" years later. Okay.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Can't view properly at work, but Klap as in kind love and punish? So otome?

That would be cool... And very surprising from PQube. Maybe since they're partnering with D3 publisher for Omega Labyrinth it'll be some of their stuff? Not that I'd complain with more Otomate, but seeing someone else's efforts would be nice.

Also in other news, Warped Metaverse is up on Kickstarter, $225k Vita stretch goal (honestly, it's a very poor pitch IMO)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brokenlabs/warped-metaverse-a-3d-action-adventure-like-no-oth

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Can't view properly at work, but Klap as in kind love and punish? So otome?

That would be cool... And very surprising from PQube. Maybe since they're partnering with D3 publisher for Omega Labyrinth it'll be some of their stuff? Not that I'd complain with more Otomate, but seeing someone else's efforts would be nice.

Also in other news, Warped Metaverse is up on Kickstarter, $225k Vita stretch goal (honestly, it's a very poor pitch IMO)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brokenlabs/warped-metaverse-a-3d-action-adventure-like-no-oth

Yeah, that Klap. With the exception of Nightshade, D3's otome games are really bad. I think Storm Lover is the only decent-ish one.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/spike-chunsoft-establishes-north-american-subsidiary

Spike Chunsoft are setting up a US branch. Just a few years too late for Vita sadly.

I always felt like we'd dropped on with Idea Factory International being set up to help localize more games, but now it seems everyone's doing it (just in time for Switch, but not in time for us).

And Ukiyo no Roushi will continue to just be a longing dream...

But hey, maybe we'll get Zanki Zero this way. And that DanganRonpa spinoff that they were hiring for!

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll start with the Kamaitachi no Yoru remake, specially with a PC port planned for release in Japan this month.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Kenka Bancho still has a decent chance.

Of all the otome to localize... why this one?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcadedistillery/skullpirates-a-piratey-action-rpg/

SkullPirates is up on Kickstarter and pretty much already funded. Vita fans especially seem to have shown up in full force for it (guess Luc's social media presence works after all and everyone already forgot that time he threw a wobbly because he couldn't get on the blog).

Also:

Rain World Twitter liked it too. Maybe they could hire them to finish that port that they promised and never spoke of again.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
From what I've seen of KLAP, it just looks... very fanservicey. I know I'm not the target audience for otome really, but I enjoyed Code Realize (and am looking forward to getting around to Collar x Malice and Bad Apple Wars) because it had a story that was good on the whole. It was a VN first for me, otome second.

KLAP... doesn't look like that at all. Maybe I'm wrong. But there's other stuff out there that I feel deserves more of a chance in the west - although now we're getting Psychedelica I can hardly complain any more!

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Careful what you wish for. We may end up getting something far worse than Klap.

298181_front.jpg

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
i hope that one day PQube wil bring the Umaru Vita game over, even steiner wants to do it

Was that any good? I couldn't even work out which genre it was.

If we're doing dream VN localizations - Desire Remastered & Eve Burst Error R please! Side Kicks also looks fantastic for an otome game.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Was that any good? I couldn't even work out which genre it was.

If we're doing dream VN localizations - Desire Remastered & Eve Burst Error R please! Side Kicks also looks fantastic for an otome game.

i think it's just a VN similar to the Oreimo which i'm patiently to hit 100% on the fan translation

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, anyone given their copies of Cursed Castilla (via Playasia) a try yet? Mine arrived yesterday and I noticed that I'm not seeing any trophy list for it, which is a bit strange. Oh well, no big loss as I already got the plat on the PS4, I'll just do another few playthroughs for fun, its an excellent port of an amazing game, quite possibly my favourite limited physical release of the year (well it'll probably be between this, Ys Origins and Steamworld Heist).
*edit* Ok. fixed my issue. I needed to do the firmware update, now everything works as intended.

Last edited:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
So, anyone given their copies of Cursed Castilla (via Playasia) a try yet? Mine arrived yesterday and I noticed that I'm not seeing any trophy list for it, which is a bit strange. Oh well, no big loss as I already got the plat on the PS4, I'll just do another few playthroughs for fun, its an excellent port of an amazing game, quite possibly my favourite limited physical release of the year (well it'll probably be between this, Ys Origins and Steamworld Heist).
*edit* Ok. fixed my issue. I needed to do the firmware update, now everything works as intended.

Mine came yesterday too. Slogging my way through Digimon atm though.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Mine came yesterday too. Slogging my way through Digimon atm though.
Its so good ;) I've already managed to snag some of the trophies thanks to me remembering the secrets placement form before. I think its going to take a while to get the last couple of trophies - doing a speed run and no death run will surely challenge me all over again!