• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...did they just send packages to random people who backed at physical tiers?

EDIT: Someone in the replies wondered if they may have just sorted a spreadsheet of physical backers by a single column without making sure it sorted the others (like their name and address), which sounds like a realistic, laughable reason to me.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

EDIT: Someone in the replies wondered if they may have just sorted a spreadsheet of physical backers by a single column without making sure it sorted the others (like their name and address), which sounds like a realistic, laughable reason to me.

...no words.

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That sounds much too plausible.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was something even more ridiculous.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
The digital version of the game itself was delivered without much delay and was fine quality wise. But yeah, maybe I shouldn't have gone for the physical copy.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
The digital version of the game itself was delivered without much delay and was fine quality wise. But yeah, maybe I shouldn't have gone for the physical copy.

Weren't there some issue with there being multiple versions of the VN (aside from it being just all ages and 18+) and updates breaking saves?

Just looking through /r/visualnovels these posts come to mind

https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnove...irae_kickstarter_updates_about_delays_issues/
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/7m0smc/dies_irae_update_43_r18_patch_loading_issue/
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnove..._acta_est_fabula_18_version_released/drbilf9/

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
wait so the theory's like, they sorted names alphabetically on a single spreadsheet and that mixed orders up?

WOW

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Weren't there some issue with there being multiple versions of the VN (aside from it being just all ages and 18+) and updates breaking saves?

Just looking through /r/visualnovels these posts come to mind
This was all about their implementation of the 18+ patch which I never cared about. The best version of the game is the all-ages one, which I played on release and was satisfied with.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
wait so the theory's like, they sorted names alphabetically on a single spreadsheet and that mixed orders up?

WOW

I was thinking that, if that's along the lines of what happened, maybe they sorted by reward tier or something? Though you'd need the certificates to exist for the right names (which I guess we're only assuming is the case, since it'd be hard for anyone to tell if the certificate they got has the name of someone who shouldn't have gotten one anyway), but be sent to the wrong address, hmm. Maybe if there was a column of IDs for the packages, sorting that (since they'd only exist for certificates currently, if done correctly you'd have a nice list of only the people you need to ship to at the top of the sheet) or the addresses would do it?

That, or it could be sorted by tier or address with random packages sent out anyway to people who seemingly are in the right tiers.

It's just a guess someone made, mind, but it's funny to me and I could definitely see something along those lines being true.

Oct 26, 2017
I do! I have a cheap Windows 8 (now Windows 10) tablet that I use to play a few VNs from time to time. Honestly, PC gaming is finnicky, specially with something low specs like cheap tablets. Not all visual novels run properly, some don't even run when they clearly should, it's very hit or miss. Unless you can go big and buy a very expensive and capable tablet (like the Surface you mentioned), don't even bother.
Went with the surface and am mostly satisfied. Some VNs work beautifully but a few older ones I own definitely don't support touch clicking well enough to be functional. I assume they're like that on any windows tablet though. The biggest downside is that it's meant to be a laptop replacement so it's quite heavy and not ideal for prolonged reading. Will definitely be the go-to device for clearing my VN backlog though.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Dies irae shipping update. I want to point out this bit:
Because the shipping company could not handle the sending the "Beast's Claws and Fangs certificate" and "Full colored shikishi" rewards together with the other rewards, the items were posted directly without going through the shipper. This means these two rewards will be delivered first. All other rewards are now being delivered to the shipper, so delivery to backers will be underway soon.
It sounds to me as though the people involved in the Kickstarter, after telling us that they had no idea how international shipping works, shipped out the certificate and shikishi packages while a third party shipper is sending out everything else. The erroneous shipments to other people are acknowledged, however they do not mention going back to make sure all the addresses match on the other rewards match so good luck everyone!

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dies is bullshit. iraelly cannot believe someone could be this incompetent.

(I've got no horse in this race so I'm trying to joke about it, if that's annoying tell me and I'll stop.)

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I checked my order, and looks like I got all of my digital awards (game, artbook, soundtrack) so as long as my physical rewards somehow magically find their way to me (game, artbook, soundtrack) that would be nice :) I think last update was that those parts of the rewards weren't done yet though, I think?

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Ohh I completely forgot about this thread. Last time I posted here was on gaf.

Just got done with Steins;Gate 0 and it was pretty cool. The original was just insane so I wasn't expecting it to hit/raise to it (and it didn't) but I enjoyed this one a lot too, some moments were amazing.
The original VN had this ridiculously cool structure of falling deep down the hole and then clawing and climbing back up, which was both cool from a storytelling pov and also related to the plot itself on a meta level, it was just crazy all around. S;G0 is more like a normal VN in that respect, it's got multiple branching routes and endings and some shared scenes and plot twists/reveals between endings. The story itself is also more like you'd find in other VNs, I think (and there's some more obvious plot holes). Every time the world lines changed without warning, especially the ones with huge changes like the 25 year jump or the USSR jump, I was glued to the screen because I had no clue what was happening. Whatever was happening with Kagari in the christmas party routes was crazy too.

If S;G was an exploration of the alpha timeline then this one was exploration of the beta timeline. I didn't really like most of the endings themselves but the journey there was great. I guess that in S;G also the only non-true ending I really liked was Suzuha so that part's not much different.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Dear Backers,

After a review of the situation concerning the misdeliveries for the Beast's Claws and Fangs certificates, we have found that almost all of the these rewards were shipped to the wrong addresses.

We will immediately begin to print and send out new certificates. If you have received a certificate that is not yours, we please ask that you dispose of it.

We acknowledge the repeated shipping errors made on our part and we give our deepest apologies.

Dispose of it!

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
haha Dies Irae has got to be the most inept VN KS yet, makes you wonder what else they can fuck up

currently reading Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road, fairly typical romantic comedy at heart but I'm enjoying it. The translator seems to have done a fairly good job, even if he reportedly hated working on it(?).
love these 3 goofballs though, any time they appear brightens things up considerably. I always seem to like the side characters more than the leads though haha.

AHpmgOt.jpg

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
We acknowledge the repeated shipping errors made on our part and we give our deepest apologies.
But you did not confirm to us that you checked the addresses for the other rewards, which I think matters more than your apologies at this point.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
All this drama reminds me of the Zero Time Dilemma's watch meltdown. At last this time the game is good.

I hope the Vita version is still coming........one day.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
ZTD I at least finished lol. Going by the first hour, Dies Irae seemed like meandering, repetitive garbage. Never really felt any desire to return to it after I dropped it.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
My guess on the Vita version's release now hinges on whether or not all the other physical good go to the correct people. If yes, the Vita version will still be released eventually but will have its own exclusive issues. If no, the Vita version will be on hold indefinitely as they scramble to re-make and re-ship everything, this time (hopefully) to the correct address, which uses any funds that were allocated for the Vita version.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
We would like to answer a question concerning the physical version of the game that is now shipping. The disc contains the version of the game that was released last June on Steam. That version had some typographical errors, so we have prepared a patch which is linked below.
By copying the files in this folder over all the folders where the game is installed will allow you to play with the updated corrections. Please install the patch before beginning the game.
I want to be surprised, but at this point, I am just happy the version on the disc is in English.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
...they pressed the discs that long ago?

I mean nothing surprises me at this point, but this just keeps on going, huh.

Yeah I'm surprised too! I thought they were still behind in their physical items. I guess it's 'safe' to assume that the soundtrack and artbooks will come with it too?

I half expect just to find the stuff show at my door one day, without a heads up.