• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
www.kickstarter.com

Update 8: New Stretch Goal! Kinkoi: Golden Time Fandisc, and Switch Versions! · Kinkoi: Golden Loveriche Physical Kickstarter

Good evening everyone, and a happy Friday! We're quite late on this and for that, we apologize, but we've hit the next stretch goal at 60k! That means that the final keychain asset, as well as the new tapestry, will now be available to add-on in Backerkit! Now then, some people have been...

Nintendo Switch port is now a stretch goal.
That's interesting. Is there a tier where I could select Switch version instead of PC? Or does that stretch goal simply mean that in the future they will release a Switch port?
I have never backed anything, so I may simply wait for the retail release. But if they include the Switch physical version as part of a tier, I may consider it.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
That's interesting. Is there a tier where I could select Switch version instead of PC? Or does that stretch goal simply mean that in the future they will release a Switch port?
I have never backed anything, so I may simply wait for the retail release. But if they include the Switch physical version as part of a tier, I may consider it.

Personally, I'd wait for the Switch port to come out. PQube helped them last time with Aokana, só if the stretch goal is met, it's just a matter of time until it's released.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Personally, I'd wait for the Switch port to come out. PQube helped them last time with Aokana, só if the stretch goal is met, it's just a matter of time until it's released.
Thanks, so I assume I cannot select the Switch version while backing. At this point, it is really better to wait for the port to be released, and so to avoid backing it.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I definitely forgot how much I pledged for the Sharin Kickstarter because I certainly was not expecting to get $104 back.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
IMG-20210317-104328.jpg
My English copy of the Konosora LE for NSW finally arrived in the mail! So happy to finally own a physical copy.

IMHHW is a VN that will always be close to my heart, as it was one of the games that pushed me into returning to PC gaming back in 2015. Good vibes!

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Fanatical have an interesting build your own bundle for once, includes Death Mark, Alternate Jake Hunter: DAEDALUS and Synergia which I've never heard of before but looks interesting, described as a "yuri thriller visual novel"

Androzor

Jan 27, 2018
I have a few VN questions on the new PS Store sale:

Does Steins;Gate Elite still come with Linear Bounded Phenogram or was that just a preorder bonus?

Is Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace worth $15?

Is Chaos;Child standalone? Will I be lost without having played Chaos;Head?

Thanks in advance!

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I have a few VN questions on the new PS Store sale:

Does Steins;Gate Elite still come with Linear Bounded Phenogram or was that just a preorder bonus?

Is Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace worth $15?

Is Chaos;Child standalone? Will I be lost without having played Chaos;Head?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, yes, yes and no.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Well... to be clear, I would say that Child is not fully standalone in that it does both refer to the events of C;H and plays with your expectations from it. I feel I personally enjoyed those aspects. It's definitely a sequel and not just a spiritual successor, if that makes sense.

However, more importantly: it is still totally designed to be played by people like you who did not play C;H. It focuses on a new cast that does not know about the events of C;H, so you won't be lost by being in the same position. I also think that it is frankly much better than C;H, and that C;H has a ton of issues and is largely not very enjoyable to play... and on top of that IIRC C;H's translation patch is currently a pain in the ass to get running. And if it is ever released in English officially, that version will also have more content than the fan translated version has.

so... just play C;C and you'll be totally fine, yes

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I've ranted more than enough about what I thought of Chaos;Child at this point after actually liking Chaos;Head before it, so I'll refrain from laying into C;C even more.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's fair to rant (or at least don't mention Root Letter, for my case), and good to note that they're divisive. I could easily appreciate C;H more than I did back then anyway, and would be willing to try it again if Noah ever comes out here.

Androzor

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks again for the responses. I'll give Chaos;Child a try for $7.

Also picking up Steins;Gate Elite, My Darling's Embrace, and 428.

Should keep me busy for a while.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Have any of you pre-ordered the Root Double physical collector's edition from Strictly Limited Games?
store.strictlylimitedgames.com

Root Double Collector's Edition (NSW)

Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition, officially licensed Nintendo Switch game. SLG Partner Store exclusive. Individually numbered. Limited to 3,000 copies worldwide. We ship internationally. A disaster has struck a nuclear facility! The rescue team slowly uncover a mystery much...
They say "We expect this game to ship in March/April. You will receive order updates as soon as we receive the games and start shipping". But I don't find any further information about these updated.

However, I haven't preordered yet, as I see that there are 93% left copies, so I assume it hasn't been particularly successful. I am undecided between getting the normal edition (45€, immediately available on Amazon) or pre-order this (79€) and keep waiting.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It look a long time, but last week I finally started Higurashi and today I completed the first chapter (Onikakushi).
Because of the sequel anime and reading some comments related to it, I was spoiled that there is a sort of time loop, caused by Rena (maybe?), but that is the only thing I know, so I was certain I would have enjoyed this VN. And in fact, this first chapter was already quite strong, even though it is a simple prologue. The main characters are introduced, and the mysteries are presented to the player. No answer is provided, of course. I am sure (and hope) that there were many hints and foreshadowing elements, but I wasn't able to identify any of them at this stage of the story.
In particular, the first part of the chapter was a little boring, when the club members played different games. Even though I usually like slice-of-life moments, those scenes were a bit repetetive. But perhaps those scenes where the palces where hints were introduced, I just thing about the game where the players must associate a character name, with a weapon and a murder scene - that is clearly foreshadowing something.
But then, when the plot starts to focus on the mysteries, then it gives its best. A first mystery is about the characters of Rena and Mion. Have they a double personality? In the case of Rena, after all, she also had counseling after she hit three classmates. But that's jsut a single mystery, there is much more. For example, why didn't anyone press charges agaisnt rena because of that event? Why does it seem that everything is kept secret by everyone?
Then, I have a feeling that Ooishi may not be a good guy.. I mean, in this first chapter, he was the only one Keiichi could rely on. So, the most shocking revelation would be that Oiishi is part of the conspiration himself. But, if this is true or wrong, I imagine it will be unveiled only in the last chapter.
As soon Fata Morgana will be released on Switch, I don't know if I will give priority to that, but for sure I am looking forward to play at least another Higurashi chapter soon, instead of postponing it too much.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I saw a local store selling an Asian English version of these Memories Off anthologies on my social media feed. Anybody ITT have any opinions on the quality of these Memo Off games?
FB-IMG-1616828337096.jpg

These are apparently pretty old, but it's a 7 game anthology which speaks to my game hoarding instincts lol. Apparently Uchikoshi wrote some of the routes before he wrote Ever17?

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a local store selling an Asian English version of these Memories Off anthologies on my social media feed. Anybody ITT have any opinions on the quality of these Memo Off games?
FB-IMG-1616828337096.jpg

These are apparently pretty old, but it's a 7 game anthology which speaks to my game hoarding instincts lol. Apparently Uchikoshi wrote some of the routes before he wrote Ever17?
The whole series is great. Be prepared for some relatively dark romance stories. Uchikoshi were involved in the first two games.

I am not sure if they are localized though. Do look up on that front first before buying.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
The whole series is great. Be prepared for some relatively dark romance stories. Uchikoshi were involved in the first two games.

I am not sure if they are localized though. Do look up on that front first before buying.
Yup, will do! I had my local game store contact hold some copies for me. Will test the first one in store and report back if it's in English (the store page and the back of the box apparently say English / Chinese).

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Nice! I hope they do because more people need to play these games. My favorites are 2 and 7, btw.
OK, my contact reported back: he had their distribution office double check and apparently there is no English on the carts, only Chinese. Darn it. Their Facebook team screwed up. 😅

Still, if they bothered to localize 7 games into Chinese for this re-release, there's more hope for an English release I guess!

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
OK, my contact reported back: he had their distribution office double check and apparently there is no English on the carts, only Chinese. Darn it. Their Facebook team screwed up. 😅

Still, if they bothered to localize 7 games into Chinese for this re-release, there's more hope for an English release I guess!
Damn sucks to hear. I think the upcoming one may have English support as the official website (in Japanese) specifically said the game is for fans worldwide (this is not mentioned by gematsu, btw).

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Not really the last 3 Memories Off games were translated to Chinese.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Damn sucks to hear. I think the upcoming one may have English support as the official website (in Japanese) specifically said the game is for fans worldwide (this is not mentioned by gematsu, btw).

Here's hoping! The writing has remained consistent through the most recent iterations, I suppose? In the event that the next entry has ENG support, will I be lost if I jump in there or do the games stand on their own?

Not really the last 3 Memories Off games were translated to Chinese.
Ah, well.

Hell, I'd even take a Steam release if it came down to it, maybe they can ride the VN wave over there.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hi. So I backed World End Economica a loong time ago for a physical version. Same with Sharin no Kuni.

Have either of these games ever shipped?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Hi. So I backed World End Economica a loong time ago for a physical version. Same with Sharin no Kuni.

Have either of these games ever shipped?

You can check the updates in the original KS pages for it (or via email), but the quick version:

-WEE are still working on allll their physical pieces to ship out. Actual PC copies seem to be done, but artbook holding them back.

-Sharin no Kuni cancelled their Vita version. Might want to look up more details on that one if you backed it, might be too late for a refund if you want one. Physical stuff still being made and game itself is still being worked on? No idea.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
April Fools thing: Key announces crossover work "Kaginado".

I got a kick out of Kagari's profile being censored.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Has there been any updates on the Seabed physical copies? Didn't realize I ordered my copy a year ago, and the status is still at "TBA" for a date.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Has there been any updates on the Seabed physical copies? Didn't realize I ordered my copy a year ago, and the status is still at "TBA" for a date.
Other than EAS' site now listing the release date as 2021, I do not think there has been an official update regarding the delay.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
As I am in the middle of Higurashi Ch. 2 Wataganashi (I will post my impressions at the end, for now I can say that Shion being real was unexpected, and opens the door to many possibilities), I am currently considering my next Switch VN.

I am undecided between Fata Morgana (digital) and Root Double (physical at 44€ now, for the limited I should wait June). Do they require following a walkthrough? It seems that both of them are quite lengthy, and have multiple endings. Are the different routes easy to unlock (e.g., as in Aokana), or much more difficult (e.g., as in Yu-No)?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So House in Fata Morgana comes out on Switch this week right? I've played the original but never played Requiem of Innocence and obviously not Reincarnation. Reincarnation intrigued me the most since it has voice acting. Any impressions from people who've played that? Don't see many talk about it much.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
So House in Fata Morgana comes out on Switch this week right? I've played the original but never played Requiem of Innocence and obviously not Reincarnation. Reincarnation intrigued me the most since it has voice acting. Any impressions fr om people who've played that? Don't see many talk about it much.
They are pretty good, but I don't think they are as good as the original. Then again the original was lighting in a bottle.

The prequel was obviously written/thought during Fata and it feels. The sequel is... interesting. I think the reception is a bit more mixed, but nothing that ruins the previous work. Mostly I've seen people
annoyed at the way they handled Jacobo's character.

Also some of the stories are really good (Thought there is a particular one that I really dislike honestly)

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I am undecided between Fata Morgana (digital) and Root Double (physical at 44€ now, for the limited I should wait June). Do they require following a walkthrough? It seems that both of them are quite lengthy, and have multiple endings. Are the different routes easy to unlock (e.g., as in Aokana), or much more difficult (e.g., as in Yu-No)?
The Senses Sympathy System (SSS) in Root Double can be obtuse enough to require a guide for different story branches. I'm unfamiliar with how The House in Fata Morgana works.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
So I played the Apple Arcade version of World's End Club, the new game by Kotaro Uchikoshi (VLR) in collaboration with Kazutaka Kodaka (Danganronpa) from their new studio Too Kyo Games.

There's part of me that regrets playing it as it's only half of the full game, which is coming out on Switch May 28th, and I'll probably have to replay it again. On the hand I absolutely loved what I played. The characters have fantastic chemistry, and are just a joy to hang out with. The story is really intriguing, and it's got tons of heart

I would hesitate to call it a visual novel though. It's more of an action adventure (though the action part is more of puzzle solving than reflexes). And pretty much all the text just comes through the dialog (which there's a ton of). It's also quite different than what this duo has done before.

Closest thing I can think of to describe it is combine Uchikoshi's story telling with The Goonies.

I'm curious how the fandom will respond. As I said it is quite different, but I had a blast, and honestly probably won't mind that much replaying the sections again.

Last edited:

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
They are pretty good, but I don't think they are as good as the original. Then again the original was lighting in a bottle.

The prequel was obviously written/thought during Fata and it feels. The sequel is... interesting. I think the reception is a bit more mixed, but nothing that ruins the previous work. Mostly I've seen people
annoyed at the way they handled Jacobo's character.

Also some of the stories are really good (Thought there is a particular one that I really dislike honestly)

What were the complaints on how they handled that character in Reincarnation?

I've already played through it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
As I am in the middle of Higurashi Ch. 2 Wataganashi (I will post my impressions at the end, for now I can say that Shion being real was unexpected, and opens the door to many possibilities), I am currently considering my next Switch VN.

Fata Morgana is basically linear; there's just some bad ends along the way but you pretty quickly get the ending after the incorrect choice.