• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be happy about 428 but Steins;Gate is not the Elite I wanted.

Did all 4 announcements leak or just those?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like I want a game to sell badly but... I'm worried if Elite does well, the inevitable Robotics;Notes port/new version we need if we're gonna get it in English will be similarly designed, which would be annoying. Hmm.

Those two and a PS4 version of their wrestling game.

I thought Fire Pro PS4 was old news? Maybe they didn't formally announce a localization, I guess...

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Angel Beats, Evenicle, and Robotics Notes were the big 3 VNs that I really wanted to see localized, can't believe I'm finally getting all 3

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So I finally finished Flowers: Spring (Finally a longlasting Yuri VN series!) I thought it was pretty fantastic overall, with the music and utterly breathtaking CG the standout, but there's two big things that put a little sour taste in my mouth.
Good fucking lord, Rikka, just Rikka. There's never been a character i've wanted to strangle in a VN as much as her. She's emotionally abusive to Suoh, who she basically black mails into dating her. The first thing she thinks when hearing Mayuri's secret is that she can expose her as a lesbian to get the school to exile her, and steal Suoh for herself. She's a horrible, selfish girl. It's even worse because the writers seem to be trying to justify her behavior, and she suffered zero consequences for her actions by the end of everything. I really wanted Suoh to punch her out, but no she forgives her, what a load of horseshit. I hope for my sanity she gets punished for her disgusting actions in the next few games. I'm not going to bother playing her route because I can't stomach Suoh falling for such a horrible person.

The ending. The ending was such garbage. Never before have I seen a more blatant "Thanks for playing suckers! Now buy the next chapter!"
Besides these things, I really enjoyed myself. Waiting for the next chapter.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So this is something.

I'd rather just buy it separately? I want to play that if it matters for Dash (since there was some implication of it mattering somehow?) but I don't want to buy Elite, hmm.

and 0 got announced for Steam, which is nice I guess

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
So this is something.

I'd rather just buy it separately? I want to play that if it matters for Dash (since there was some implication of it mattering somehow?) but I don't want to buy Elite, hmm.

and 0 got announced for Steam, which is nice I guess

We actually don't know if it's the same preorder bundle deal as in Japan, they said they'd share info on how to get it at a later date.

Also I think the implications you're talking about are supposed to be related to Chaos;Child, but it can be hard to take what Chiyomaru says at face value.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
We actually don't know if it's the same preorder bundle deal as in Japan, they said they'd share info on how to get it at a later date.

Also I think the implications you're talking about are supposed to be related to Chaos;Child, but it can be hard to take what Chiyomaru says at face value.

Wasn't there something about the announcement of Dash referencing like... LBP's final credits theme or something?

Which means it's probably nothing, but that's weird.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a few hours into Eve Burst Error and I'm really enjoying it, despite all the 90's sexism. I like that the main characters are older and not all teenagers. The graphics are great and it feels more like an adventure game since you can switch between locations and investigate different things. There are a lot of cheesy lines though, but I don't mind it. I will admit that I feel a slight nostalgia for all the Monica Lewinsky jokes. It's also doing a great job of building up the mystery with a bunch of different characters with their own motives.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
If you're using the online player, make sure to switch to PC-98 soundtrack.
It's so much better than the crap MIDI arrangements.

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
We've known the game was getting localized for over a year. The game coming to switch and pc is probably why we haven't heard anything about it yet.
Makes me wonder if MAGES. contracted the PS4/Vita versions with PQube, but then decided they wanted Spike Chunsoft to do the localization work, so they then contracted Switch/Steam versions with SC.

Would be an odd situation, but it's the only way we'd end up with a Vita localization, that's for sure.

Edit: Of course, the only reason I say this is because of the retailer leaks for PS4/Vita indicating PQube as publisher.

Last edited:

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
Would it? Both Danganronpa V3 and Zero Time Dilemma had different ports released on the same day by different publishers.
Well, it's not often you'd see physical releases on different platforms by different publishers. It's not uncommon for the original developer to self-publish on digital platforms, I'll give you that.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
It seems Spike Chunsoft is charging 60USD for their new games, good luck selling Steins;Gate Elite for that price.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...that's weird; isn't 428 going for $50? You'd think Elite would be cheaper?

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It seems Spike Chunsoft is charging 60USD for their new games, good luck selling Steins;Gate Elite for that price.
428 and Fire Pro Wrestling World are only $50. Steins;Gate Elite is suppose to come with Linear Bounded Phenogram. Not sure why this is a big deal as Chaos;Child and Danganronpa V3 were also $60.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
428 and Fire Pro Wrestling World are only $50. Steins;Gate Elite is suppose to come with Linear Bounded Phenogram. Not sure why this is a big deal as Chaos;Child and Danganronpa V3 were also $60.

We used to get Vita releases for 40USD for those games and we're losing the cheaper option this time around.

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
We used to get Vita releases for 40USD for those games and we're losing the cheaper option this time around.
Really, this is an industry-wide thing at this point. We've just been spoiled by handheld MSRP for years now.

Though yeah, it would be easier to swallow at $50 like the other games. Maybe it's a MAGES. thing.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Crap. 50-60 euros for the sweet anime cutscenes, or 30 euros for the original on iPad.

I really like the anime art and, well, animation, but I'm not sure it's worth the premium.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Another Dies Irae "update". Apparently no one thought about how shipping things outside of Japan might be a bit different. Steam and HD versions still have issues. Vita version still MIA, though they mention it should be ready in autumn.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Another Dies Irae "update". Apparently no one thought about how shipping things outside of Japan might be a bit different. Steam and HD versions still have issues. Vita version still MIA, though they mention it should be ready in autumn.

I get the feeling that the person who wrote all the other updates didn't write this one. Or maybe it's just me.

I don't mind waiting until Autumn, but I don't want another Root Double situation where they release the game in NA only.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind waiting until Autumn, but I don't want another Root Double situation where they release the game in NA only.

At least Sekai Project announced plans to release the game in Europe before the game was released in North America, something I don't believe Light is capable of. The "distribution" issues is something they should work out with a publisher, they definitely need one ASAP.