• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
from Moenovels official site for Cross Channel. I can't even

OOFB9mO.jpg

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think the App Store should update in about 40 minutes, so we'll see how Shin Hayarigami turned out shortly, I guess.

I'd check it out myself but I've finally played the first hour of Chaos;Child in the past few days and I think it'd be weird to bounce between the two, hmm.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wow, how is such translation quality even acceptable? I've played some VN with reputation for "poor" translations but at least they made sense.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Shin Hayarigami is showing up on the app store for $3.

Yeah, I saw on their Twitter earlier that it was $3 which is... low? What was the Japanese price?

Ohhh, wait. Huh, somehow I hadn't seen this article before when looking into it, but now everything makes sense: it's episodic. This is just the first chapter.

EDIT: In that case, I'll bite and report back shortly how the intro looks.

EDIT2: Menus are horrible, and the game itself is... hmm. Better than expected, in that it's largely understandable? But extremely stilted and with a lot of immediately apparent errors, to the degree that I don't think I can play it.

Here's some screenshots from the few minutes I played. Though they're in order, I just kinda took random lines so the ones in the conversation between multiple characters are generally not directly sequential, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Looks like it's out on Android as well. Hmm, I'm definitely interested, maybe I'll just get the first chapter.

Edit: Yeah, maybe not, what a shame.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That does not look promising.
It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted bullet points or natural sentences, and then just gave up halfway through.

The weird thing is that the rest of the page is mostly readable.

Yeah, I saw on their Twitter earlier that it was $3 which is... low? What was the Japanese price?

Ohhh, wait. Huh, somehow I hadn't seen this article before when looking into it, but now everything makes sense: it's episodic. This is just the first chapter.

EDIT: In that case, I'll bite and report back shortly how the intro looks.

EDIT2: Menus are horrible, and the game itself is... hmm. Better than expected, in that it's largely understandable? But extremely stilted and with a lot of immediately apparent errors, to the degree that I don't think I can play it.

Here's some screenshots from the few minutes I played. Though they're in order, I just kinda took random lines so the ones in the conversation between multiple characters are generally not directly sequential, if that makes sense.
Thank you for biting.

Unfortunately that looks really rough, so I doubt it'll be worth the time and money to read it.

At least the cat was cute ;-)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any plans at all for a better Shin Hayarigami translation? Need more translated horror VNs, but I can't justify playing that, at least not now.

Deleted member 1055

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the Idol Magical Girl Chiru Chiru Michiru spoils the 2nd and 3rd Grisaia games, and if so to what degree?
I already own both Idol games, and wouldn't mind some more Michiru shenanigans, but I wont be able to justify picking up the 2nd and 3rd Grisaia games for a while.

Are there any plans at all for a better Shin Hayarigami translation? Need more translated horror VNs, but I can't justify playing that, at least not now.
This tweet suggests that they are working on it:

Also, in case you haven't seen it already, there's currently a Kickstarter for the localization of the horror VN 'Neighbor' (VNDB):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2098570429/bring-classic-horror-visual-novel-neighbor-to-the

It has already reached its funding goal and then some, and the release is scheduled for August.
I'm not sure I'll back it, but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it going forward.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized I never actually linked the article about Shin Hayarigami's chapters, oops.

It's here. 6 chapters, I'm assuming $3 each, so $18 total which would be a pretty good price. Hopefully they don't actually try to replicate the monthly pace for English... and along those lines, I hope them working to improve the translation means patching and not just improvements to the next chapter.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1055

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IndieGala is having another (mostly) VN bundle, including 9 VNs and 1 RPG for $4.49 (the price increases in 20 hours):
https://www.indiegala.com/indiegala-anime-heaven-steam-games-bundle

Crimson Gray is the only thing that stands out to me, though this bit of bad narration from Satellite did make me laugh:

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone heard of a PSP game called "Diamond and The Sound of a Gun Shot"? I heard good things about it, but it seems no one ever asked for it in the west, which is pretty weird considering it was published by SCEJ. I thought first party game would gain more attention.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Has anyone heard of a PSP game called "Diamond and The Sound of a Gun Shot"? I heard good things about it, but it seems no one ever asked for it in the west, which is pretty weird considering it was published by SCEJ. I thought first party game would gain more attention.
Yes, it's really good, better than some of games being ported over like Shin Hayarigami and Root Letter. I am surprised at how little known it is as well - literally only 7 votes on VNDB over four years.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, it's really good, better than some of games being ported over like Shin Hayarigami and Root Letter. I am surprised at how little known it is as well - literally only 7 votes on VNDB over four years.
I'm gonna give it a try some time in the future. The premise sounds cool. It's a shame current Sony probably wouldn't be interested in these kind of games now.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sony Japan released the Yarudora Series on PS1 and later PSP. They didn't get much attention either.

Deleted member 1055

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first link is broken. It should be Translation Status Update March 18 from /r/visualnovels

Somebody at the Reddit thread pointed out Love Duction, which has one of the craziest summaries I have seen:
Nanaboshi Kanata is a student who has been traumatized by love. He is lying down in front of the Shiratori Academy gates in protest of it being torn down. The weather forecast is sunny with a chance of UFOs. This is the day he comes into contact with the Guide for Galactic Lovers. One small step for man, one giant leap for the plot. His classmate Yamada turns out to be an alien. UFOs start raining down from the sky. On top of all that, the Galactic Empire is demanding him to fall in love.

When he returns home, he finds that the sofa of his living room has been occupied by the Chancellor-Elect. One thing happens after another, and Kanata finds himself the target of the President of the Galactic Empire's affection! "Analysis of both routes complete. Rate of success with either party is immeasurable." When the impossible becomes possible, Kanata and the heroines engage in the Fourth Loveduction.

I have no idea if it is any good, but that summary made me want to read it.

The screenshots are also quite special:
95872.jpg

95873.jpg

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the new OP for Chuusotsu - 1st Graduation and... I liked it. Nothing special but it's nice imo.
Video is unlisted until it's put live for everyone to see so I'm refraining from linking it, but I'm sure someone else here backed this one and got to watch the new OP too, right?

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Remember11 a little bit ago. While I did have some issues with the ending at first, after discussing it with some people and going back and getting a bunch of alternate scenes and bad ends, I actually really liked it. I do think some of the info could've been more up front or straightforward, but even disregarding the ending, everything else was really engaging throughout.

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This must be known to all of you, but it wasn't to me as I only now saw the store page

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'd love more people to play Umineko, I would never expect a localization of a release like that. Even with 07thExpansion probably being easier to deal with than most companies due to their small size, it would still require dealing with them, Entergram, MangaGamer, and likely voice acting rights issues as well.

(plus only the original art is good, and I will not be swayed on this)

ara

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I've grown to dislike all kinds of Switch port begging that goes on around here (and, well, everywhere else), I'd definitely happily take more VNs on it. Would actually finish them too when I could just lay in bed and play.

Probably time to look into getting a GPD Win.

trinitron

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't mean to come off as port begging. Localization aside, following Higurashi's footsteps, Switch may be likely a destination.

I keep putting it off playing Umineko but keep meaning to.

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't mean to come off as port begging. Localization aside, following Higurashi's footsteps, Switch may be likely a destination.

Oh no, it wasn't really directed at you, more about the extreme internal conflict I felt when I simultaneously despised everyone who keeps saying "this would be perfect for the Switch!" and yet wanted to say it myself in this case.

Lol.