• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Hey y'all! Here's my review for Robotics;Notes ELITE and DaSH!

www.gameskinny.com

Robotics;Notes ELITE & DaSH Review: Hopes and Dreams Can Save the World

Robotics;Notes ELITE & DaSH give fans lighthearted adventures with the Robot Research Club in the Science Adventure universe.
Thanks for your review!
I read that DaSH is more based on the lore of Chaos;Child than Steins;Gate. So I suppose there aren't important references to S;G characters or to S;G events, are they?

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for your review!
I read that DaSH is more based on the lore of Chaos;Child than Steins;Gate. So I suppose there aren't important references to S;G characters or to S;G events, are they?

So there are references to other S;G characters during DaSH. If you bring up Twipo in the UI (the game's version of Twitter), you can see tweets from other S;G characters, and those usually give some extra background context to different things that are happening in their lives while you're going through the main story itself.

There's one DIRECT connection between one of the main R;N characters and an S;G character, but I think that would be spoilers lol (although the wiki already mentions it, and the game has been out for a while in Japan anyway)

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Hey y'all! Here's my review for Robotics;Notes ELITE and DaSH!

www.gameskinny.com

Robotics;Notes ELITE & DaSH Review: Hopes and Dreams Can Save the World

Robotics;Notes ELITE & DaSH give fans lighthearted adventures with the Robot Research Club in the Science Adventure universe.

Oh wow, that is early.

I kind of gave up chasing after Spike Chunsoft games for review purposes since they decided to partner up with Numskull Games for physical releases in Europe... effectively making them all but unavailable in non-UK stores because that company seems completely incapable to set up anything remsembling a workiung distribution network. Ah well.

ashen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit torn about the double pack of R;N. Great value but I hope fatigue doesn't set in, if I can't stop myself playing one soon after the other.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
dunno if it's news but discounts are available

unknown.png

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, that is early.

I kind of gave up chasing after Spike Chunsoft games for review purposes since they decided to partner up with Numskull Games for physical releases in Europe... effectively making them all but unavailable in non-UK stores because that company seems completely incapable to set up anything remsembling a workiung distribution network. Ah well.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised as well when they gave me the embargo date lol. The only times I've ever seen embargos this early were like, TLOU2 and God of War

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
So there are references to other S;G characters during DaSH. If you bring up Twipo in the UI (the game's version of Twitter), you can see tweets from other S;G characters, and those usually give some extra background context to different things that are happening in their lives while you're going through the main story itself.

There's one DIRECT connection between one of the main R;N characters and an S;G character, but I think that would be spoilers lol (although the wiki already mentions it, and the game has been out for a while in Japan anyway)
Thank you for your answer. I am looking forward to that direct connection. Fortunately, I have skipped all the spoilers about DaSH. I still remember that when it was released in Japan, I was considering to read a summary of the game, since R;N was never released in the West, and I doubt it would have been ever localized in the future. At the end, I decided not to read the spoilers, and my perseverance was rewarded.

Oh wow, that is early.

This time, surprisingly, the Robotics;Notes Double Pack is available on Amazon.it for 49€ - I was amazed when I found out it, so I could cancel my ShopTo pre-order. This is the first time it happens, but I noticed also the Re:Zero game is available on Amazon. I hope Numskull Games is improving the distribution network, since in the past it was a nightmare to get their physical games. I still remember the AI: The Somnium Files copy 365games shipped, and that I never received...

dunno if it's news but discounts are available

unknown.png

The physical version is 49€, so I assume with these discounts the digital editions will match the price as well. It is crazy I will be able to play two of the visual novels I looked forward to the most for less than 25€ each. I won't ever be grateful enough to Spike Chunsoft.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Just to be perfectly clear - you can read R;N without having touched any of the other VNs in the series. DaSH is a bit different, and the best way that I've seen it described is

"Steins;Gate characters solve Robotics;Notes problems, using Chaos;Head/Child logic"

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
This time, surprisingly, the Robotics;Notes Double Pack is available on Amazon.it for 49€ - I was amazed when I found out it, so I could cancel my ShopTo pre-order. This is the first time it happens, but I noticed also the Re:Zero game is available on Amazon. I hope Numskull Games is improving the distribution network, since in the past it was a nightmare to get their physical games. I still remember the AI: The Somnium Files copy 365games shipped, and that I never received...

Strangely enough Amazon Italy isn't listed on their site, but Spain is. I did noticed they have added (very) few non-UK places over the last few months, but it's still really embarassing that they don't have a single partner set up in e.g. Germany or France after all this time.

Heck, Amazon Germany is even stocking PEGI versions of Aksys Games by now, so not naving a USK rating on the cover can't be an issue either...

Areal

Nov 23, 2017
Australia and Japan
Looking forward to Robotics;Notes, but I can't see anywhere to order it in Australia just yet.

On another note, the platforms for the various Steins;Gate VNs are such a mess. It's a shame there are no translation patches for Linear Bounded Phenogram and My Darling's Embrace on the Vita.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for them... but it'll probably be a bit before I get to it. Thinking I'll do 13 Sentinels -> R;N -> other stuff maybe -> LBP -> other stuff maybe -> DaSH. So it'll really depend on how quickly I get though everything and how much time I spend on VNs in general; really been locked to my PC lately for FF14 and to a lesser extent Genshin so I need to start setting aside time for these on PS4. And, uh, healthier non-gaming things, but y'know.

I don't know if it's spoilers if who you're talking about is
Daru
as IIRC that was advertised pre-release in Japan, and is pretty obvious even on the Amazon page for the English release.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'll just be more excited for it then, hah. I do really love the idea of everything starting to connect and have ever since DaSH was announced; I just kinda selfishly wish they weren't both coming at once (even if I'm still surprised and thankful for the pricing) so I didn't have to manage the pace myself like this.

But obviously I still haven't played LBP and never remembered to sell the copy of Elite it came with, why past me, why despite having plenty of time to do so, so I'd be a lost cause anyway! Actually, I don't think I've ever played any of these right when they came out? Maybe S;G, I don't remember how quick I was to start it. But even then I took a long break a few chapters in, so still not really.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Already beat original Robotic Notes a few years ago so I can go straight to Dash

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I have just read the second episode of Umineko, and I am enjoying it a lot.
I played the first episode with the original sprites, I used the mangagamer sprites for the second episode, and I am installing 07th mod for the 3rd episode, and will be using the PS3 sprites.

I am becoming slightly worried though, that this novel won't have a definitive end, or have an ending that's too confusing.
Apparently a 9th episode was announced? What the fuck is that about?

My expectations for the story so far as as follows:
I expect the murders in each episode to be done by humans, with a clear answers as to who did it and how to not be given out until the answer arc. I expect the macroplot, with the battle between Beatrice and Battler to fall under "Maybe magic, maybe mudane" with the story giving no clear answers as to if the witch truly 'exists'.
But now I am starting to worry a bit that this story is gonna drag on, peter out and not make things that need to be clear, clear.

Anyway, I have still not figured out a fucking thing.

Edit: It's actually quite exhausting having mystery on top of mystery on top of mystery piled on without a single answer.
It's making me irritable. My god, this VN is soooooo long.

Edit 2:
Oh my GOD this fucking witch battle is dragging on so MUCH. GET ON WITH THE STORY.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the "ninth episode" is just a relatively short bonus thing made for the new collection they released.

I don't want to say too much, especially because your tastes and concerns may vary, but I don't think you have to be that worried where it goes and how it ends.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, everything is explained by episode 7 and episode 8 serves as a farewell to the characters.
Whether you will like the explanations given is another thing.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
www.play-asia.com

If My Heart Had Wings

If My Heart Had Wings PLAY EXCLUSIVES for Nintendo Switch * In our warehouse. Total Play Time: 20 to 30 hoursFive character-specific story branches to play throughFull voice-overs throughout the game for all charactersLet's love the sky.Aoi Minase returns with shattered dreams to his wind-swept...

www.play-asia.com

If My Heart Had Wings [Limited Edition]

If My Heart Had Wings [Limited Edition] PLAY EXCLUSIVES for Nintendo SwitchTotal Play Time: 20 to 30 hoursFive character-specific story branches to play throughFull voice-overs throughout the game for all charactersONLY 2,000 LIMITED EDITIONS AVAILABLE TO ORDERLet's love the sky.Aoi Minase...

If My Heart Had Wings is now available.

Standard edition is open pre-orders, limited edition has only 2k copies available.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Maria's entire character has become completely worn out for me at this point, and I'm starting to find myself groaning whenever she's on screen, and irritable when she's throwing a tantrum.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
despite everyone saying Chaos Child is not very good I played the first couple of hours and am enjoying it, the higher than usual production values help a lot. turned off the MC voice though, it was pretty annoying.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I was enjoying Chaos;Child initially too, but I've already ranted enough about that game and therefore will say nothing more.

Still playing Aokana now, but not planning on posting my thoughts until I've completed all four routes.

gpn

Oct 27, 2017
If My Heart Had Wings is also available from Video Games Plus if you don't want to order from Play Asia.

LE

Standard

They're reliable, but it's advised to use PayPal.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Fuck my life, I really should have seen that coming. I knew her change towards a good person was too sudden, and made no sense, but the story was getting so fucking anime I just brushed it off as bad writing. Seemed to me the kind of shit that takes place in shonen, which this story felt like it was turning into in this episode. I really should have known better. Everything about it was too weird at the end, I had so much knocking about in my head about how the story was meant to handle this, but the moment I saw Beatrice and her teacher flash the smile I realized I had been a dumbfuck.
It's nice though, for once, for us to know a human culprit. I thought the idea of Eva being the killer was so obvious that it was a red herring, but it wasn't, and Battler came though for once and figured it out.

Edit: Holy shit, was that what the point of the Witch battle was? To make me think the story was getting so anime that Beatrices oddness would be disregarded? Fucking fuck me.

Still, I feel like I was played, man. Good show.

Edit 3: Holy SHIT that Tea Party.

Last edited:

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
new Key VN to be announced Oct 26th, a kinetic novel in the vein of Planetarian and Harmonia

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
I was one of those on here that got my card numbers used, so yes ONLY use Paypal.

And since they've switched to paymeent on order for credit cards as well in March (to "retool the function" apparently, funny way of saying "getting rid of it"), there's no real reason to use that payment option anymore anyway.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Another interesting interview to SciADV producer Tatsuya Matsubara:

www.kirikiribasara.com

Community Q&A with Spike Chunsoft, Inc. and SciADV producer Tatsuya Matsubara! - Kiri Kiri Basara

With the English release of ROBOTICS;NOTES ELITE and ROBOTICS;NOTES DaSH just five days away, it goes without saying that right now is a great time to be a fan of the Science Adventure series. Thanks to the efforts of Spike Chunsoft, Inc., the series’ English publisher, and MAGES., the series’...

He states again that localization for Chaos;Head would be complex, but he hopes to make it happen one day.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Another interesting interview to SciADV producer Tatsuya Matsubara:

www.kirikiribasara.com

Community Q&A with Spike Chunsoft, Inc. and SciADV producer Tatsuya Matsubara! - Kiri Kiri Basara

With the English release of ROBOTICS;NOTES ELITE and ROBOTICS;NOTES DaSH just five days away, it goes without saying that right now is a great time to be a fan of the Science Adventure series. Thanks to the efforts of Spike Chunsoft, Inc., the series’ English publisher, and MAGES., the series’...

He states again that localization for Chaos;Head would be complex, but he hopes to make it happen one day.
Along with White Album 2, this is one of my most wanted localisations. Shame both are pipe dreams.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure if it was brought up in here yet but I think at least one person was asking about watching Higurashi 2020 before/while reading the original vn. After the most recent episode came out, I highly suggest to hold off on watching it.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Not sure if it was brought up in here yet but I think at least one person was asking about watching Higurashi 2020 before/while reading the original vn. After the most recent episode came out, I highly suggest to hold off on watching it.
I was the one who asked that and... yeah, unfortunately I watched the first two episodes, I read online that it has been revealed to be a sequel, so immediately stopped watching it. Probably I got spoiled about the fact that there is an older Rika, so maybe the story is about time loops, but I suppose there would be still many things to discover. Now I don't know if I should watch the original series since I admit to be interested in the story, or wait for the Switch port localization.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Still sticking to my plan on actually finishing Aokana first, but did want to say that I am more and more under the impression that the now digital-only PS4 version was probably cancelled following the many changes made only for that platform as a result of Sony's nebulous content policies. Nearly two months since the Switch version launched, and there's still not been another peep about PS4 from PQube, not to mention that there's still no page on the PS Store for it.

Not that I care, no real point in paying the same money for a lesser experience compared to what's already on two other platforms with a bigger market for VNs.

Last edited:

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Don't hold your breath, either watch the anime or play the chapters available on PC.
I am not in a rush to get another VN, considering that I am playing Aokana and next week I will get the two Robotics;Notes games, but after all I suppose you're right about the fact that we won't gave a localization of the port soon, probably neither next year. I will see if it suits me better watching 50 anime episodes, or playing the PC chapters when I will have some time for Higurashi.

Along with White Album 2, this is one of my most wanted localisations. Shame both are pipe dreams.
Considering that in mid-2021 the fan translation for the last White Album 2 chapter will be released, this is a game I will surely play between end 2020 - mid 2021. Probably it is too old to get an official localization; however, since English isn't my mother-tongue, a fan translation is usually fine for me.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Still sticking to my plan on actually finishing Aokana first, but did want to say that I am more and more under the impression that the now digital-only PS4 version was probably cancelled following the many changes made only for that platform as a result of Sony's nebulous content policies. Nearly two months since the Switch version launched, and there's still not been another peep about PS4 from PQube, not to mention that there's still no page on the PS Store for it.

Not that I care, no real point in paying the same money for a lesser experience compared to what's already on two other platforms with a bigger market for VNs.

Considering that XSEED's Uppers (been worked on for over a yead) for PC and PS4 has dropped the PS4 version (by using wording that won't burn bridges....) it sounds like a safe bet that Aokana PS4 has probably also been cancelled. Publishers are probably holding back their tongues on it, but I can imagine the frustration :/

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that XSEED's Uppers (been worked on for over a yead) for PC and PS4 has dropped the PS4 version (by using wording that won't burn bridges....) it sounds like a safe bet that Aokana PS4 has probably also been cancelled. Publishers are probably holding back their tongues on it, but I can imagine the frustration :/
Indeed, seeing that thread earlier definitely only reinforced that theory.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Glad there's a console alternative for people that don't play VNs on PC that much.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Glad there's a console alternative for people that don't play VNs on PC that much.

I've been moving a lot of my VN choices to Switch lately, with only a few going with PS4 (mostly because I like keeping entire series to 1 console, as a preference). In the future, I know I won't have much of a choice, but glad that lots of western publishers ARE embracing Switch as the new place for VNs.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Considering that in mid-2021 the fan translation for the last White Album 2 chapter will be released, this is a game I will surely play between end 2020 - mid 2021. Probably it is too old to get an official localization; however, since English isn't my mother-tongue, a fan translation is usually fine for me.
It's a machine translation, not a credible substitute in the slightest.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
So after reading the console arcs, now I finally get who was responsible for Meakashi bad end
fuck you Takano for ruining Mion's good ending

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I was the one who asked that and... yeah, unfortunately I watched the first two episodes, I read online that it has been revealed to be a sequel, so immediately stopped watching it. Probably I got spoiled about the fact that there is an older Rika, so maybe the story is about time loops, but I suppose there would be still many things to discover. Now I don't know if I should watch the original series since I admit to be interested in the story, or wait for the Switch port localization.

I will say I did not know specifically about the stuff you saw (regardless of whether your interpretation is correct), but knew things along those lines (to the degree that I really should have at least had some guesses about that stuff) and some other very very significant details from the final episodes... and that is in no way the majority of the mystery or what you'd be thinking about for most of it. So I think you would still enjoy the VNs, if you have the time for it next year as you said.