• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
Indie Gala currently has a Yuri bundle for $9 containing
  • Kindred Spirits on the Roof
  • Kindred Spirits on the Roof Drama CD Vol.1
  • Moekuri: Adorable + Tactical SRPG
  • A Kiss For The Petals - Remembering How We Met
  • Dead End Junction

https://www.indiegala.com/indiegala-anime-yuri-steam-bundle

This is notable for KSotR alone, since that VN has not previously been discounted below $18.
But from what I gather the price will increase in 24 hours.
I'm trying to buy the bundle but it rejects both PayPal and my card. Guess I'll have to wait until Kindred Spirits goes on sale another time :(

EDIT: My bank declined the card payment the first time, but told me to try again. Declined again. Good job.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Umineko Chiru, which took me about 43 hours of reading plus a couple of days of thinking while I've been home sick, for a total of 85 hours across the two halves. While I can understand the complaints people have regarding the later chapters, I honestly found Chiru to be more consistently engaging than the first 4 chapters.

I wasn't able to solve the last riddle without using hints, largely due to overlooking the significance of an important rule (narrative = truth), and then arguing myself into a corner regarding the interpretation of a couple of red statements. I was much too ready to look for possible interpretations of those statements, which ultimately tripped me up. Still, it was a really fun exercise, and definitely worth trying to do without hints.

EDIT:
But regardless, it was really an amazing read, and Umineko as a whole is definitely my favorite VN so far.
I do want to read something by another author now, but I also really hope that MangaGamer will hurry up with and release the rest of Higurashi so that I can get started with that.

I'm trying to buy the bundle but it rejects both PayPal and my card. Guess I'll have to wait until Kindred Spirits goes on sale another time :(
I have an extra key that you can have, since I already brought it previously.

Last edited:

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Anyone here play Ever17 in windows 10? I can't seem to find any info on it, everything is for 8.1.
What's the problem? I just launched the game right now on Windows 10 and it works. Though I can't remember if I needed to do something special to get it to run. Windows 8 and Windows 10 generally have the same compatibility when it comes to VNs. The jump from 7 to 8 broke significantly more games than the one from 8 to 10.

Oct 27, 2017
If you can't manage to get the game to run, there's a translation patch for the PSP port, which should run in PPSSPP.

This sounds like the easiest way to go, so I'll probably do that. thanks for the tip!

What's the problem? I just launched the game right now on Windows 10 and it works. Though I can't remember if I needed to do something special to get it to run. Windows 8 and Windows 10 generally have the same compatibility when it comes to VNs. The jump from 7 to 8 broke significantly more games than the one from 8 to 10.

I haven't tried it- I just look up VNs and doujins to make sure they'll work on 10 first before getting my hands dirty lol

BroodShadow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished up SubaHibi and it sure was interesting,I can't say it was great all the time as it had some slow bits but it did give me a lot to think about. Now with that being said I'm more enamored by the story and the way it's set up rather than philosophical questions it asks.
I think there was a lot of thought put into narrative perspectives and how the routes connect to each other.

I have never read for VN like it so it has that going for it, all in all a worthwhile read.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Anything I can think of is already practically debunked, save for YU-NO, though I wonder if they'd even call it "unexpected" if it was YU-NO seeing as it was listed months ago on some website.

YU-NO isn't vita exclusive.
Punchline is possible, but that's not a VN nor is it unexpected. Maybe it's Net High?

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
YU-NO isn't vita exclusive.
Punchline is possible, but that's not a VN nor is it unexpected. Maybe it's Net High?
Pretty sure Pqube kinda/sorta ruled out Net High more than a year ago, saying that the engine modifications needed to translate all assets needed would be too difficult or something. I'd be over the moon if it ended up being Net High, though.

I don't want to say it, but... Fata Morgana?...

edit: Shin Hayarigami? Exile Election?

inb4 it's Idol Death Game TV

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Pqube kinda/sorta ruled out Net High more than a year ago, saying that the engine modifications needed to translate all assets needed would be too difficult or something. I'd be over the moon if it ended up being Net High, though.

I don't want to say it, but... Fata Morgana?...

edit: Shin Hayarigami? Exile Election?

inb4 it's Idol Death Game TV

That was XSEED, no? And none of the games you mentioned are Vita exclusive except Fata (for now).

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not very well-versed in non-localized visual novels, sorry chaps.

Wasn't there a game that took place inside a mansion, it was announced relatively recently...

... Wait, maybe it's the Kamaitachi no Yoru remake?

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not very well-versed in non-localized visual novels, sorry chaps.

Wasn't there a game that took place inside a mansion, it was announced relatively recently...

... Wait, maybe it's the Kamaitachi no Yoru remake?

Also not a vita exclusive, and SC would be the ones bringing it over :P.

Inside a mansion? Psychedelica of the black butterfly?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Anything I can think of is already practically debunked, save for YU-NO, though I wonder if they'd even call it "unexpected" if it was YU-NO seeing as it was listed months ago on some website.

Both it and Punch Line had a retail listing but that was actually a little over a year ago now. So I'd classify either as "unexpected" now, I guess. And both are a little out of the norm of what we'd get, as a remake of an old game and a spin-off from a not super popular anime (though they certainly can attempt to push Uchikoshi's involvement to sell it).

Also not a vita exclusive, and SC would be the ones bringing it over :P.

Inside a mansion? Psychedelica of the black butterfly?

Aksys already has that!

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Both it and Punch Line had a retail listing but that was actually a little over a year ago now. So I'd classify either as "unexpected" now, I guess. And both are a little out of the norm of what we'd get, as a remake of an old game and a spin-off from a not super popular anime (though they certainly can attempt to push Uchikoshi's involvement to sell it).

Aksys already has that!

I know! And I'm glad they do :P.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd take Idol Death Game just because I'm curious about more Danganronpa-likes, even if it's bad. Same with Net High and Exile Election.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
They did not link to an official account's (5pb/Nintendo/PQube) upload of the trailer, so maybe just raising awareness of it?

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017

Hmmmm just echoing that it's coming or is this announcing localization?

I don't trust anything coming from that Twitter account, personally. They just echo 5pb.-related stuff from other sources mostly at random. That's not even an officially hosted video they linked.

Not that I particularly doubt it will be localized, because it's Steins;Gate milking after all. I just don't think this Twitter account has much insider knowledge.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just installed virtue system to play old VN. Should've done it earlier instead of looking for fixes everywhere. Lesson: if you find any old VN you can't run, just install Windows XP.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...huh.

Guess I really do need to get around to playing Chaos;Child and getting back to The Letter, then. Though even if I finish those by 3/8 I doubt I'll finish Root by the time the new Code Realize comes out, so... that might have to wait till after anyway.

but what's waiting an extra month and a half or so to play it, at this point

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been playing Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (the game age made before Muv-Luv) recently. Great VN, very similar to White Album 2. They both have a love triangle as central plot and they use 3-part structure. I have to say WB2 does the time skip much better than this one. I really need a song or something to carry me over a three year time skip.

BroodShadow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any luck running the English patched version of Never 7 on a newer build of Windows 10?
I had it working but now that I have come back to read it windows won't launch it anymore.
It opens the launcher but fails to load the game :/

Last edited: