• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I don't see the fact that a smarphone-game company acquired Mages as as a good thing... I don't know which directions they may go now, but I doubt we will see other big VNs for console, I fear they will focus on mobile VNs.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh nice! World End Syndrome and Alternate Jake Hunter are both $16/ea on eShop in NA! Those prices I will bite. (Hoping that LRG don't announce them any time soon... I'll double-dip if so, though).

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Oh nice! World End Syndrome and Alternate Jake Hunter are both $16/ea on eShop in NA! Those prices I will bite. (Hoping that LRG don't announce them any time soon... I'll double-dip if so, though).
For World End Syndrome a physical edition was released in the past, alongside with an artbook (and it cost around 50€).
Unfortunately these games seem not be on sale in Europe. I checked some VNs, but none of them seems on sale, unfortunately.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
For World End Syndrome a physical edition was released in the past, alongside with an artbook (and it cost around 50€).
Unfortunately these games seem not be on sale in Europe. I checked some VNs, but none of them seems on sale, unfortunately.

It was only available physically in EU, however. I think this is also the first time it's had a good sale on eShop in NA, as it was previously only on sale in EU (if I recall), and on PSN.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It was only available physically in EU, however. I think this is also the first time it's had a good sale on eShop in NA, as it was previously only on sale in EU (if I recall), and on PSN.
I didn't remember the physical edition was only available in Europe, and not in the US. It went on sale in EU in the past, but I don't think with such a good deal - it is a very good VN, I absolutely recommend it for just 16$.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I did kinda want to own WES physically, but I've already done some needless physical buying lately. So I'll pick up it on the eShop, sure; thanks for sharing the sale!

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed Alternate Jake Hunter but I'm still holding out for a good PSN price because trophies. I am weak.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed Alternate Jake Hunter but I'm still holding out for a good PSN price because trophies. I am weak.

Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz

That was one month ago today. Someone has murdered Saburos grandfather, Kyosuke, while he was living in New York. Saburo sets off to New York to sort through the belongings and memories his grandfather left behind. The nostalgia of the cityscape and reunions with old friends is fleeting...

$16 is cheap!

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

It seems that tomorrow the physical edition of Clannad will be announced by Limited Run Games.
I already have the Japanese physical copy, but it will be a great opportunity for people who prefer buying physical games. I played Clannad for the first time last year and it is really a masterpiece VN.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Yumeutsutsu Re:Master and Re:After launch April 23 in the west for Switch and PC, later for PS4 and PS Vita - Gematsu

Yumeutsutsu Re:Master and sequel Yumeutsutsu Re:After will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop and PC via Steam on April 23 in the west for $64.99 and $49.99, respectively, publisher Degica Games and developer Kogado Studio announced. While Yumeutsutsu Re:Master is currently available for...

I wonder if this will actually come out on the Vita in the west.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Yumeutsutsu Re:Master and Re:After launch April 23 in the west for Switch and PC, later for PS4 and PS Vita - Gematsu

Yumeutsutsu Re:Master and sequel Yumeutsutsu Re:After will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop and PC via Steam on April 23 in the west for $64.99 and $49.99, respectively, publisher Degica Games and developer Kogado Studio announced. While Yumeutsutsu Re:Master is currently available for...

I wonder if this will actually come out on the Vita in the west.

Never even heard of this one, but noticed it on eShop recently (for the above a new game's MSRP...) No idea why it warrants $5 more than the average selling game...

Unknown837

Oct 26, 2017
So I finished reading G-Senjou no Maou and it got me a little confused over the endings

So was Kyousuke actually Maou in the non-Haru route endings? He mentions abandoning his plans in Kanon's route because he found love...but that only makes sense if Kyousuke was Maou all along. I also don't see why his brother would only escalate and try to carry out his plan in Haru's route when he abandoned it in the others, since it was something he was planning for a long time.

I guess the other routes are just completely alternate universes in which Kyousuke really was Maou.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished reading G-Senjou no Maou and it got me a little confused over the endings

So was Kyousuke actually Maou in the non-Haru route endings? He mentions abandoning his plans in Kanon's route because he found love...but that only makes sense if Kyousuke was Maou all along. I also don't see why his brother would only escalate and try to carry out his plan in Haru's route when he abandoned it in the others, since it was something he was planning for a long time.

I guess the other routes are just completely alternate universes in which Kyousuke really was Maou.
Just like you said, other routes are alternate universes that don't make sense at all.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I finished The Labyrinth of Grisaia today. I admit that the After Stories weren't so much interesting, with the exception of Sachi's, which i really liked. They were nic stories and they weren't so heavy to read, but they didn't leave me so much except some moments
Two examples are the hint in the After Story of Amane about kazuki still being alive, and the fake snow in Michiru's After Story, which was hilarious.
Instead, the Cacoon of Caprice route was fantastic. The backstory of Yuuji was so interesting to read and it was perfectly narrated, with a good pacing. Finally I got the possibility to understand who his Master was - a really strong, a bit eccentric but nice woman who helped him in living again, after terrible events and experiences in his childhood. I admit that, before starting Cacoon of Caprice, I was fearing that it would have focused too much on the description of his military life, and that too many technical English words would have been used. Instead even that part was easy to read and totally enjoyable.
And now, with that final cliffhanger, I can't wait to start Eden of Grisaia. After finishing the Fruit, I didn't immediately start Labyrinth, whereas I think I will start Eden this evening or tomorrow.
To conclude, a final prediction about Kazuki:
She is alive and works in the same "company" as Yuuji. In particular, I suspect she is one of the big bosses, if not the real boss. I also think she is the one who requested that Yuuji would partecipate to the mission described in the last chapter of Cacoon. Multiple times, at the beginning and at the end of Cacoon, the "her" pronoun was used to refer to a high boss, I doubt it was accidental. Then, combining what I read in Amane's route, all would come back.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
🥺 Maybe one day we will get an NIS vn localized.
cVRiaXV.png

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giving away a couple WILL: A Wonderful World digital soundtracks here (no tackers yet, thought maybe someone here might be interested).

Thank you.
I played WILL recently and really enjoyed the soundtrack.

The game it self is also well worth playing, especially for anyone looking for something that is a bit different than the usual visual novel format.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Never even heard of this one, but noticed it on eShop recently (for the above a new game's MSRP...) No idea why it warrants $5 more than the average selling game...

even crazier is that the base game is $65 & the after stories collection is another $50! yet you can import the Asian physical release that contains both & has English for ~$65 + shipping

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I feel in the mood to play a VN, but I'm really not familiar with the genre, and I don't know where to start.
Are there many things like Ace Attorney available on consoles or handhelds? So like linear, as in no multiple endings or repeated playthroughs to get the full story, but with thinking involved, so either puzzles (preferably more Lucasarts or Sierra style use rubber chicken with pulley than like puzzle game puzzles like what you'd find in Layton, Myst or the Witness) or having to work out the single correct thing to say to carry on. I know they're not technically VN, but sitting through the story modes of BlazBlue games and reading text boxes for 45 minutes before a 30 second fight is physically painful for me lol, and that pigeon dating VN annoyed me because I got a bad ending, and I'm not replaying from scratch to get anither bad ending 30 minutes later lol.

I have Danganronpa on Vita, but I only played it 'til you get to move around (I might even have the second one if that's the one with the orange icon with rainbows lol), but that seemed OK.

I'm just not sure if the genre is right for me, as someone who is more a Monkey Island, Kings Quest style point and click person, but who loves Ace Attorney.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I have Danganronpa on Vita, but I only played it 'til you get to move around (I might even have the second one if that's the one with the orange icon with rainbows lol), but that seemed OK.
Based on you not wanting to play visual novels with multiple endings, picking up DR again might be your best choice. They have the linear style you are looking for.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel in the mood to play a VN, but I'm really not familiar with the genre, and I don't know where to start.
Are there many things like Ace Attorney available on consoles or handhelds? So like linear, as in no multiple endings or repeated playthroughs to get the full story, but with thinking involved, so either puzzles (preferably more Lucasarts or Sierra style use rubber chicken with pulley than like puzzle game puzzles like what you'd find in Layton, Myst or the Witness) or having to work out the single correct thing to say to carry on. I know they're not technically VN, but sitting through the story modes of BlazBlue games and reading text boxes for 45 minutes before a 30 second fight is physically painful for me lol, and that pigeon dating VN annoyed me because I got a bad ending, and I'm not replaying from scratch to get anither bad ending 30 minutes later lol.

I'm just not sure if the genre is right for me, as someone who is more a Monkey Island, Kings Quest style point and click person, but who loves Ace Attorney.
Death Mark if you don't mind honor. Otherwise you probably want Thimbleweed Park

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Robotic; Note will be sold as a double pack

twitter.com

Wario64 on Twitter

“Robotics Notes Elite & Dash Double Pack is up for preorder on Amazon ($59.99, out Oct 13th) Switch https://t.co/HNnNQ31M3N PS4 https://t.co/6UXzh612od”

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017

twitter.com

Wario64 on Twitter

“Robotics Notes Elite & Dash Double Pack is up for preorder on Amazon ($59.99, out Oct 13th) Switch https://t.co/HNnNQ31M3N PS4 https://t.co/6UXzh612od”
That Amazon description is written kind of weird. I would think Spike Chunsoft would know that you have to capitalize the first letters of names and locations.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like it'll also be a mini boxed set with some goodies (both come with this, so there's no version-exclusive item like Steins;Gate Elite or Yuuna had)

81yseTy40TL._SL1500_.jpg

Hoping for Best Buy to put it up, so I don't get a crushed box from Amazon :/

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

twitter.com

Wario64 on Twitter

This is a great news for two different reasons - we have the confirmation that DaSH will be released this year (unless there is a delay because of Covid-19), and moreover 59$ for both the games is such a great value!
I really hope that a physical edition will be available for Europe too. And, if a CE will be announced, I will get it to support the efforts Spike Chunsoft put for Science;Adventure, and with VNs more in general.