• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know if an otome OT will be made again, or will all the discussion be on here?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I'm in Chapter 6 of Chaos:Child and while I like it, the first game was a lot more atmospheric and did the whole psychological thriller/horror thing a lot better. Then again that was the good part of Chaos;Head.

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Chapter 6 of Chaos:Child and while I like it, the first game was a lot more atmospheric and did the whole psychological thriller/horror thing a lot better. Then again that was the good part of Chaos;Head.
Yeah, it's good that Chaos;Head retains its own appeal even though most people consider Chaos;Child a stronger experience. I'll definitely be up for giving it another read if a Noah translation comes out (official or otherwise), since we never really got the full intended story in English yet. I am pretty interested in the continuation of a number of the plot threads that weren't fully explored in the original PC version.

KOT

Oct 27, 2017
Minsk
Aww yiss, so happy to see this thread back.

Just finished re-reading Kara no Shoujo: Second Episode. Oh, Innocent Grey, you beautiful bastards! Any news on the third one, guys?

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
The short, spoiler free version is that I don't think Nasu is a very good writer. At all. The game's pacing problems make good chunks of E17 look tame, too.

As someone who really likes FSN, I...don't really disagree. I think the world that Nasu set up is fascinating, as is the way magic works. But I felt the characters themselves were pretty weak. And there are way too many scenes of the characters sitting at the table eating breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Gaocho

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for my Chaos Child copy to arrive, it leaves me some time to finish the last part of Collar x Malice... Having to read through the 4 difference romances first was a pain. Especially if you don't care about half of them

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Posting just to remind people to play Fata Morgana. Lowkey the greatest VN ever made.

I should get around to salvage/recover my NarKarma thread...

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I am looking for good mystery/thriller VNs with preferably as little H-content as possible. The House in Fata Morgana is probably my first choice but I am open for other recommendations (not Umineko). It's an old game but Nocturnal Illusion was quite good.

applejuice

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Someone teach me to have more than one save per route... keep saving myself into bad ends in Collar X Malice with no way to go back but non-stop auto read the text because I can't unlock chapters until I beat the route!

R_thanatos

Oct 27, 2017
Omg that Update For the OT post

I need to finish the last utawarerumono game , so guys .. see you later :)

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Someone teach me to have more than one save per route... keep saving myself into bad ends in Collar X Malice with no way to go back but non-stop auto read the text because I can't unlock chapters until I beat the route!

The very least you can do is alternate save slots, if it's too much trouble to make a new save for each decision point.

Interface23

Oct 27, 2017
Man I started Bad Apple Wars but I'm already disappointed. It's nowhere near the quality of CxM, C:R or Hakuoki

Trails

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so I can't ignore this anymore. For a while now I've seen this The House in Fata Morgana VN being mentioned in a lot of places. Seems to me that those who have played it are very vocal about it for a reason. Everytime this have happened in the past has led me to outstanding games. Problem is, I have no experience at all with Steam or PC gaming in the last 15 years. Feels like a lot of hassle but I gotta do it sooner or later anyways.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I can't ignore this anymore. For a while now I've seen this The House in Fata Morgana VN being mentioned in a lot of places. Seems to me that those who have played it are very vocal about it for a reason. Everytime this have happened in the past has led me to outstanding games. Problem is, I have no experience at all with Steam or PC gaming in the last 15 years. Feels like a lot of hassle but I gotta do it sooner or later anyways.

Steam has a crappy UI, but it's really no more difficult than using an XBL/PSN account if you ignore the extraneous non-gaming features.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh geez, the post-ending VN depression is starting. True ending for Chaos;Child took me through a roller coaster of emotions.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Daganronpa 2 on Vita for the first time... I just started chapter 5 and it's already WILD

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wrote an introduction of sorts to it here.

It also happens to be 35% off right now. No excuse to not buy the visual novel of the generation.

Creating a Steam account and downloading a game is really quite easy so long as you've used an internet browser in the last three years.

Edit: Also, if you wanted me to add more praise- you could tell me that Kojima and Yoko Taro and Guillermo Del Toro were collaborating on Silent Hills tomorrow I'd still be more excited for Novectacle's upcoming project, NarKarma EngineA.

Trails

Oct 28, 2017
Steam has a crappy UI, but it's really no more difficult than using an XBL/PSN account if you ignore the extraneous non-gaming features.
I now got Steam account, client and all that and everything went surprisingly smoothly. But yea, I got lost for a while in all the "unnecessary" features.

I wrote an introduction of sorts to it here.

It also happens to be 35% off right now. No excuse to not buy the visual novel of the generation.

Creating a Steam account and downloading a game is really quite easy so long as you've used an internet browser in the last three years.

Edit: Also, if you wanted me to add more praise- you could tell me that Kojima and Yoko Taro and Guillermo Del Toro were collaborating on Silent Hills tomorrow I'd still be more excited for Novectacle's upcoming project, NarKarma EngineA.

Thanks for the tip, my mind was set the moment I heard there was a discount on it. From what I've experienced so far, this is some eerie shit, things just don't feel right...I wonder where it goes but it's very intriguing.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Posting just to remind people to play Fata Morgana. Lowkey the greatest VN ever made.

I should get around to salvage/recover my NarKarma thread...

Has there been any progress on the rumored LRG release of The House in Fata Morgana for Vita since the tweet that was retweeted by the devs of the game?

Marche90

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to finish SakuSaku, but ever since I stopped being a student, getting around finishing them is an hercuelean task.
And wow I'm still mad that Hanako doesn't have a route. It could have been one where the MC just trolls her for the rest of it and I would have been a happy camper

Dude, I don't know why, but I got hit with hype aversion so hard regarding this VN, I don't think I'll ever get around reading it. Then again, I say a lot of things and if I ever get around to improving my backlog situation I might still give it a go

They've been really spotty with their updates lately. I guess life isn't kind for them lately :/

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finished White Album 2 Closing Chapter. Now onward to CODA. CC has pretty much consolidated WA2 as one of my favorite VNs of all time, and to think that I haven't seen the ending yet.... Can't wait to see where this ride will take me.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Finished School Days. Well, the anime, but it's based on a visual novel, so it counts, right?

1/10

Infuriating. MC was the worst POS ever. Anime ending was well deserved for the MC. Awful all around.

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Finished School Days. Well, the anime, but it's based on a visual novel, so it counts, right?

1/10

Infuriating. MC was the worst POS ever. Anime ending was well deserved for the MC. Awful all around.
Well you're supposed to dislike the main cast.

That being said the anime is basically the eroge, it's closer than you think. The vn is really just animated video that pauses every so often to give you a choice before the video it continues. I really felt like it was a waste of time to have watched it and then played it despite there being more endings.

Ancirawr

Oct 26, 2017
Denton, TX.
Nice to see this thread being back, for people new to VN play House in Fata Morgana.

Not new to VN, but I have not played Fata Morgana because I've been holding out hope for the Vita port or some sort of console port, mostly to avoid double dipping. Should I just pull the trigger on Steam? Everything I've seen of the game looks fantastic and I'm looking for something to jump on after Danganronpa V3 is finished up.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Do it, it's currently on special. I was like you, holding out for vita port but thank god I craved in.