• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I began Chaos;Child

I loved Steins Gate and just watched the Chaos Head in 2008 but this game looks really creepy from the get go

I suppose I should just play my first run as I want before experimenting with the delusion system ? Thanks

Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
I began Chaos;Child

I loved Steins Gate and just watched the Chaos Head in 2008 but this game looks really creepy from the get go

I suppose I should just play my first run as I want before experimenting with the delusion system ? Thanks
Yeah. In fact, your delusions in the first run don't affect the story - the first run just gives you a core storyline that you can alter in later playthroughs.

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
I began Chaos;Child

Yep, just do whatever you want in the first playthrough. You should try to get the map questions right, though.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Hi everyone, I'm not much into visual novels but I'd like to explore the genre. Is Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters any good? I thought that a Visual Novel with strategy elements would be a good entry point... maybe.

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm not much into visual novels but I'd like to explore the genre. Is Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters any good? I thought that a Visual Novel with strategy elements would be a good entry point... maybe.

Definitely not the ideal game to get into the genre. If you want a visual novel with gameplay, you should try Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, Tears to Tiara II or Eiyuu Senki.

Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
Is this scary or horror? I've heard it recommended a lot of times but VNDB doesn't say anything about it being horror and the pics seem a bit unsettling.
It's not really scary, but there are some slightly unsettling scenes and quite a bit of suspense. I wouldn't class it as horror, but it does have some elements of it, and it's certainly not the focus.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Himawari is also 45% off, didn't that get some great reviews?
It's pretty good, this is what I said on some place when I finished it.
I'm done with Himawari. It was good, but kind of disjointed? There's an enforced route order, but the game peaks in the middle two routes (even though the 2048 route was overly long and should have ended much sooner). The last route doesn't feel like much of an ending, and then it has a surprise twist post credits that continues on in some side stories, but doesn't get resolved at all. I suppose it is finished in the untranslated fandisc, but I can't say I really cared all that much for that plotline introduced so late as it's pretty divorced from the main character conflicts of the game. And that's where Himawari really shines, in its characters. The cast is really well fleshed out and the characters are all flawed multi-dimensional figures that have pretty compelling internal conflicts.

Oct 25, 2017
Doki Doki Literature Club true ending get! Pretty damn good. The fact a small team can make something so special is making me strongly consider adapting one of my novels into a VN.

Next on the to-do list is Chaos;child and Wonderful Everyday Down the Rabbit-Hole. Wonder if I can get both done before GOTY voting ends.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Doki Doki Literature Club

Best friend just hanged herself and now the game is bugging out on me and
I don't know what the fuck is happening

Why do I keep playing these kinds of games when I? m drunk, what the fuck man.

Edit: lmao what the fuck, Yuri what the fuck

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I bought it. If it's bad and I drop it, it's whatever.

Too bad Chaos;Child came in today when I thought it wouldn't be for another week...

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Root Letter is decent time waster, just don't expect consistency or quality. Isn't that bad for $5 I guess.

Last edited:

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the pace of the releases is the worst. A chaper per two months would be amazing, one per three months would be great, but 7-8 months between each chapter had killed any potential momentum the games could have had on Steam...

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Grabbed The Silver Case and Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception recently. Been playing Utawarerumono for the past few days and enjoying it so far.

I'm so glad to see that you liked Little Busters!

Yeah the overall story, the characters, they were all better, but i don't know why clannad touched me more... maybe because i'm cynical and i'm tired of happy endings, haha

i felt it would have been better if at least one of the character would die, like kyosuke, saying his goodbye, hanging the torch to the new riki that can take care of himself! The final farewell felt a little flat because right after they say goodbye, you immediatly save them... while in clannad you had a whole story before nagisa could be saved

Yeah, the pace of the releases is the worst. A chaper per two months would be amazing, one per three months would be great, but 7-8 months between each chapter had killed any potential momentum the games could have had on Steam...

yeah... i know it's bad that because this doesn't support them, but i'm waiting for all episode to be released to buy them...

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The most frustrating thing is that apparently the rest is ALL done in TL and Editing by now and it's in testing. All the arcs (6-8 I mean, not the rest of the Hou arcs) have been in testing for like at least 3 months now. Probably not even a 2017 release, which means the wait for Tsumihoroboshi is going to be by far the longest one so far (10 months?)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Good. It sucks. Im really dissapointed in it since it looked so interesting. A good murder (?) mystery is right up my alley.

I was extremely disappointed in it, especially as I was really into the idea of the characters-as-actors and using a real world location gimmicks. It's one of the few games I try to warn people away from playing when it comes up.

It's not even "problematic" or gross or anything outright terrible. It's just so aggressively bland and boring with a jerk protagonist; the mystery is essentially nothing and it's badly told. The alternate endings don't even help explain the story and also aren't even very good by themselves, yet some have details/explanations that would have made the actual true ending more interesting, which is even more disappointing because they're not canon. It just eats time.

Last edited: