• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Right now I'm looking for a very good story based visual novel. So far I haven't read very much, Muv-Luv, Eustia, Ryukishi07 works, and Fate. Beyond that though I haven't gotten into many. What would you guys recommend?
The House in Fata Morgana - Really good gothic romance. No H scenes. Great soundtrack. Everyone on this forum loves it, so join the club.
Saya no Uta - By Gen Urobuchi (Madoka Magica, Psycho-Pass). Dark as heck horror/romance. A college student finds himself unable to see the world as "normal" after being subjected to an experimental medical procedure that saved his life after a car accident. Everything around him looks decaying and rotten, and people look like indescribable monsters. His only solstice is the one girl in the world that appears to him as normal.
Kikokugai - By Gen Urobuchi (Thunderbolt Fantasy). Really fun, over the top cyberpunk wuxia. A super kung fu guy fights crazy cyborg marital artists on a rampage of revenge after his sister's soul is split into pieces. The remake has some of the best voice acting and SFX work I've ever seen in a VN, so I recommend you play that version instead of the original.
Hanachirasu - A really good "swordsman on a path of sworn revenge" story with a twist: the main character is the villain of the story. Lots of really really detailed sword fights.
Tsukihime - An earlier work by Type Moon (Fate/stay night). Young male high school student fights vampires and stuff in one half of the routes and descends into insanity while holed up in his room in the other half.
Fate/hollow ataraxia - F/SN's fandisc, worth checking out if you liked the original work. It has some of the best scenes in the entire Fate franchise and sets up a ton of stuff that later works would use. Great if you're a fan of the Fate franchise as a whole or just F/SN.
Steins;Gate - That time travel VN you've probably heard of/watched the anime for already.
Swan Song - A group of people try to survive while cut off from civilization after a natural disaster in the middle of winter. Lord of the Flies with adults.

Last edited:

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not all of the way through door 7--I just reached but haven't entered the manor--but some thoughts on it so far:

Okay it seems I got much of the general gist correct wrt gender identity and then the Aimee romance being used to bring that to a head. As for my confusion about Michel's letter versus his reluctance to actually consummate his relationship with Giselle, it seems that he did indeed undergo a body transformation, and this was the crux of the "curse," but it does not seem to have been an actual product of getting involved with the devil and it also didn't provide him with male genitalia. So the dilemma is solved by grabbing both horns and denying the existence of a dilemma and my confusion on this point dissipates. It seems to me, from the first scene, that Michel was born in some sort of state where his genitalia were either non-standard male/female or where they were maimed male genitalia or something and his parents chose to have him be a girl. I'm thinking the latter given what Aimee said when she kicked his crotch. This is unclear atm though, unless I missed a line or something. Still, it came on in a rather fantastical manner, namely as an amazing transformation, fitting with the "curse" narrative.

Edit: tbc, I understood what was going on as puberty, framed as a magical transformation.

But to the actual narrative, I really enjoyed the Bollinger estate story. It reminds me of the first door, where Nellie is close to Mell and he is kind of doting on her but, at the same time, she cannot get her concerns to connect with him directly because even he puts her into the "woman box" at the end of the day. Didier and Georges treat Michel in a similar way. On some level, they transgress the established boundaries of gender to connect with him, but when that is problematized and when Michel explicitly voices wanting to be treated as a man, they fall on the side of "you're a girl. stay in your lane. I did wrong taking you somewhat outside of it." There is also similarity in how they treat Michel when he becomes explicitly "problematic" after the "curse" strikes: they ignore him, much as Mell ignored Nellie as soon as he saw an escape from that relationship (and its perversion). It is really sad reading the departing scene because it rings so false on the part of the brothers. I don't think it wholly is in that moment and at some level, they do care about Michel and feel guilty but...that didn't stop them from ignoring him for years and it doesn't stop them from again ignoring him for years in the future. Nor does it stop them (potentially, I'm not sure who ordered Michel's death) from killing him. Ultimately, in that moment, they, and the mother, can get over their aversion and discomfort with him to save his life, but for the most part it dominates their relationship with him from as soon as the "curse" struck. Part of that is a function of society, but a large part is definitely personal.

I also liked Michel's troubled relationship with women. Often times, the first response to disliking being put in a box is to hate the people you are boxed in with, e.g. a lot of the earliest (say 19th century) feminism is quite misogynistic; or I think about people I've known that were uncomfortable with being a woman in some respect, which manifested in part in hating "female" things. Michel's troubled relationship with his mom, then his confusion on why he likes Aimee despite her sharing characteristics with his mom, then the ease with which he blames Aimee over Didier, and then the conclusions he jumps to about Giselle all speak to this, which I think is interesting characterization.

Edit: Also, of course, "never trust a woman that smiles" immediately brought Giselle to mind.

I enjoyed the curse story. The scene where Michel jumped the servant and was going to chop off his cock was difficult and disgusting, but his frustration was understandable. It reminds me of how Michel treated Giselle. The scene really made the darkness in Michel's heart, grown from his "accursed" state, palpable and spoke to the inability to actually communicate about his issues within the family. Aimee was a real bastard, but I appreciated that there was some comment on how society contributed to such, even if, given chapter 2, I'm pretty sure the story wouldn't want to say it fully determined her.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not all of the way through door 7--I just reached but haven't entered the manor--but some thoughts on it so far:

Okay it seems I got much of the general gist correct wrt gender identity and then the Aimee romance being used to bring that to a head. As for my confusion about Michel's letter versus his reluctance to actually consummate his relationship with Giselle, it seems that he did indeed undergo a body transformation, and this was the crux of the "curse," but it does not seem to have been an actual product of getting involved with the devil and it also didn't provide him with male genitalia. So the dilemma is solved by grabbing both horns and denying the existence of a dilemma and my confusion on this point dissipates. It seems to me, from the first scene, that Michel was born in some sort of state where his genitalia were either non-standard male/female or where they were maimed male genitalia or something and his parents chose to have him be a girl. I'm thinking the latter given what Aimee said when she kicked his crotch. This is unclear atm though, unless I missed a line or something. Still, it came on in a rather fantastical manner, namely as an amazing transformation, fitting with the "curse" narrative.

But to the actual narrative, I really enjoyed the Bollinger estate story. It reminds me of the first door, where Nellie is close to Mell and he is kind of doting on her but, at the same time, she cannot get her concerns to connect with him directly because even he puts her into the "woman box" at the end of the day. Didier and Georges treat Michel in a similar way. On some level, they transgress the established boundaries of gender to connect with him, but when that is problematized and when Michel explicitly voices wanting to be treated as a man, they fall on the side of "you're a girl. stay in your lane. I did wrong taking you somewhat outside of it." There is also similarity in how they treat Michel when he becomes explicitly "problematic" after the "curse" strikes: they ignore him, much as Mell ignored Nellie as soon as he saw an escape from that relationship (and its perversion). It is really sad reading the departing scene because it rings so false on the part of the brothers. I don't think it wholly is in that moment and at some level, they do care about Michel and feel guilty but...that didn't stop them from ignoring him for years and it doesn't stop them from again ignoring him for years in the future. Nor does it stop them (potentially, I'm not sure who ordered Michel's death) from killing him. Ultimately, in that moment, they, and the mother, can get over their aversion and discomfort with him to save his life, but for the most part it dominates their relationship with him from as soon as the "curse" struck. Part of that is a function of society, but a large part is definitely personal.

I also liked Michel's troubled relationship with women. Often times, the first response to disliking being put in a box is to hate the people you are boxed in with, e.g. a lot of the earliest (say 19th century) feminism is quite misogynistic; or I think about people I've known that were uncomfortable with being a woman in some respect, which manifested in part in hating "female" things. Michel's troubled relationship with his mom, then his confusion on why he likes Aimee despite her sharing characteristics with his mom, then the ease with which he blames Aimee over Didier, and then the conclusions he jumps to about Giselle all speak to this, which I think is interesting characterization.

Edit: Also, of course, "never trust a woman that smiles" immediately brought Giselle to mind.

I enjoyed the curse story. The scene where Michel jumped the servant and was going to chop off his cock was difficult and disgusting, but his frustration was understandable. It reminds me of how Michel treated Giselle. The scene really made the darkness in Michel's heart, grown from his "accursed" state, palpable and spoke to the inability to actually communicate about his issues within the family. Aimee was a real bastard, but I appreciated that there was some comment on how society contributed to such, even if, given chapter 2, I'm pretty sure the story wouldn't want to say it fully determined her.

If you think me explaining some stuff in your spoiler - and therefore somewhat confirming or denying things - would be a spoiler for you/disrupt your own theories until you finish, feel free to ignore this till later. But I feel reasonably confident that, given what you've discussed, you've seen what will be said about this.

Michel is intersex, and that's something people aren't super great at being understanding of in the present day, let alone back then. His transformation, one could assume, was simply puberty (even if presented a bit fantastically). Of course, if you've been raised as a girl, and physically have no reason to believe there's anything up with you biologically (not that anyone then would even understand that to begin with), that kicking in is gonna seem kinda drastic.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
If you think me explaining some stuff in your spoiler - and therefore somewhat confirming or denying things - would be a spoiler for you/disrupt your own theories until you finish, feel free to ignore this till later. But I feel reasonably confident that, given what you've discussed, you've seen what will be said about this.

Michel is intersex, and that's something people aren't super great at being understanding of in the present day, let alone back then. His transformation, one could assume, was simply puberty (even if presented a bit fantastically). Of course, if you've been raised as a girl, and physically have no reason to believe there's anything up with you biologically (not that anyone then would even understand that to begin with), that kicking in is gonna seem kinda drastic.
Yeah. I thought the "transformation" was puberty. I should probably edit that in somewhere as this came up in the discord I'm discussing this in too.

I wasn't sure what specifically was going on with his body though, so my language was vague. Going into chapter 7, I thought it might be a trans story but they dispel that at the very beginning with the narrative of the birth. Still, I wasn't clear on what sort of thing was going on exactly, just that, somehow, he went through male puberty. I'm not sure all the ways that can happen.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I thought the "transformation" was puberty. I should probably edit that in somewhere as this came up in the discord I'm discussing this in too.

I wasn't sure what specifically was going on with his body though, so my language was vague. Going into chapter 7, I thought it might be a trans story but they dispel that at the very beginning with the narrative of the birth. Still, I wasn't clear on what sort of thing was going on exactly, just that, somehow, he went through male puberty. I'm not sure all the ways that can happen.
It's a real thing, although some elements are played up for drama purposes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5α-Reductase_deficiency

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

In any case, I'm sorry about the unclear language around serious issues.

I'm about to open another door:

Okay, so we're back around to Morgana=white-haired girl? Hmmm...I was actually pretty satisfied with Michel=white-haired girl with the way Morgana explained it most recently, that coming back as the white-haired girl was an act of self-erasement in the face of severe denial at the end of his life by Didier, his mother, and also the world. I felt it spoke to the sort of 'dead' nature of the white-haired girl, especially her depiction behind doors 2 and 3.

Hmmm...As I said above, the white-haired girl is clearly Morgana's avatar in Door's 1 through 3. Maybe even 4? I mean she did seem to want to bury their pasts in part out of compassion for them and she did try to reach out to Michel in the mansion after her own fashion so...idk maybe but it would speak to her self-identification with him, which she outright states repeatedly but is also laced in the rest of her language, such as when she talks about his body being that of a saint and this nature being behind humanity's rejection of it. But the important ones for this point are 1 through 3. So it still makes sense that she'd actually be the white-haired girl, even if her revenge also damages her. There would seem to be some sort of dissociation between Morgana the witch and the white-haired girl. I believe her when she denies she is the girl. There also is the physical discrepancy. I think it might be like the way Morgana described Michel becoming the white-haired girl where there was also a discrepancy.

I commented about the role reversal between doors 4 and 5 above. 7 reverses those roles again. Michel is back to being the reason they cannot "touch," which is interesting. I like how they pass this back and forth as they develop the different perspectives--it is a growing human story (like Michel pointed out). It is noticeable in 5 how they elide something of Michel's experience and Morgana entirely despite swapping perspectives, so it is interesting getting more on Michel's perspective on those events again. They also drew out what I commented on about Michel wrt women above, which, well, given the line about smiles seemed particularly relevant to Giselle, I expected them to do but I'm happy about that. Also, Michel's words and actions around the scene where Giselle talks about her experience wrt being raped are better illuminated with better knowledge of what the points of sympathy actually were.

The ending with Didier, the mother, and just all of it up until that moment paralleling the "click it fast!" (here let it fade out!). I cried when Giselle came back. (I still need to go back and get the false ending there).

Also, I think it is pretty clear, and has been for a while, that Georges is the spirit in the picture. Wonder if it will come back around to that at some point. Didier too tbh. The last little bit Michel said to Morgana about the three men has me curious on this front. Didier is pretty unsympathetic. He is clearly the one closer to Michel when Michel was young. But then he sleeps with Georges's wife (although Michel tries to deflect this), freely admits Michel is somewhat right about why they didn't come to see him sooner, and then mercilessly kills Michel and desecrates his corpse. Who is the man doing these things? He just seems like a lurking monster. Hence my curiosity.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I finished my reread of Umineko this morning.

Most parts didn't resonate with me as much as they did with most other fans, but I sincerely respect and admire it for what it was trying to do.

One of my 10/10 visual novels, to be honest with you.

I have others I like more but very few works I've read match Umineko in complexity and intricacy.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm I wonder if that stretch goal is obtainable.

Seems way too high for me. Maybe, just maybe they'll reach the first stretch goal. Also, interestingly enough, the game already has a PS4 port in Japan:

667161_front.jpg

The wording for the stretch goal makes it seem like they might use that port:

1d289317b1b0b8a4838b93365c6ac37f_original.png

Last edited:

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

https://nekonyansoft.com/blog/august-announcements-first-strike

Hello Lady is, at its core, a revenge story. One that is unafraid to show dark and gritty shades when necessary. Expect a plot-driven game that features a fully voiced protagonist who is as eccentric as he is a badass.

It's chuuni so I'm happy, also Steiner is working on the project, here's a thread on twitter:

https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/1035075934196584448

interestingly enough they also announced a partnership with Hikari Field (chinese loc company), they'll release visual novels together so that the VN will have both a good english and chinese loc for both audiences.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard enough great things that I'm interested in. It'll be the most... stereotypical? Harem-ish? I don't know how to put it... VN that I'll have played in a long long time, but I'll go for it based on that.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Do we know who's doing that one? Steiner?
DxS is the editor and on his post someone said that the translators are Akerou and TBAC. Don't know whether it's true but that's all I found for now.
Steiner is the transltor of Nekonyan's other announcement, Hello Lady.

Edit: Just looked at the profile of the one who answered and he says he's a QC tester, so I guess it is true.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
DxS is the editor and on his post someone said that the translators are Akerou and TBAC. Don't know whether it's true but that's all I found for now.
Steiner is the transltor of Nekonyan's other announcement, Hello Lady.

Edit: Just looked at the profile of the one who answered and he says he's a QC tester, so I guess it is true.
DxS is also editing Hello Lady!

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Fata Morgana last night, final chapter took me a while with the other things going on in my life. I'll probably go in and look for the ending(s) I'm missing (I have all but one between 1 and 8) and look into the other extras but, here're some thoughts on the final chapter:

I was curious about the slave boy, believe I said that above, but if not, I was :P. When he first showed up, I thought it was Mell. Morgana did speak of the people at the brothel with blame. The Swordsman showed up and I thought "ah, they're going in order!" but then the real Mell showed up and it became apparent they were going in reverse order. So maybe the boy was Jacopo but then...it became clear Jacopo was the lord. So then I was confused and was waiting for a reveal on this front. Maybe Michel and Morgana had actually known each other? I didn't think about it too much. If I had, I might've connected it with the unease I felt about Jacopo being the lord. Mell's and the Swordsman's narrative were fairly easy to connect to their future stories but Jacopo's didn't seem to fit right. It wasn't a case where White-haired girl/Morgana swapped with the "other" girl like with Mell/Yukimasa. Maria wasn't even in sight. Jacopo did lock her up, but there wasn't the turmoil in his soul about that. I mean, there wasn't in Morgana's rendition of the other men so much either, but it seemed to easily flow from what you knew of their future lives and their role in her story. But the point is, I didn't connect these two sources of unease, even as the whole fake name/real name is actually still the same thing came up. Hmmm maybe I should've written up each of the days of the final chapter lol. But whatever: it was cathartic having Jacopo=slave boy as it settled two sources of unease at once.

As to white-haired girl=Morgana: I've talked about this above; this was the conclusion I arrived at leading into the first "am I Michel or the white-haired girl choice?" I accepted Michel=white-haired girl later when the game forced that point again, but clung onto white-haired girl=clearly Morgana's avatar even if she isn't Morgana. As I said, I did not want her to be so linked to Morgana that she secretly had the desire to curse them in her heart and acted on that reason but it was undeniable she was a core vehicle of the curse. I accepted that as some sort of twisted use of Michel and thought Morgana's final explanation as to how Michel became Michelle was interesting. So coming back to white-haired girl=Morgana so soon thereafter was unexpected for me, despite thinking that for the majority of the novel.

In any case, I think I like how they did it. I had issues with the white-haired girl, particularly behind door 2, but running throughout. Namely, as I wrote about above, I felt the sort of inhuman self-effacing sacrifice she was into was kind of hard to take in the absence of anything human beneath that. It seems I was supposed to feel this way; that witch Morgana was the human side underneath saint Morgana=white-haired girl. Still, this is hindsight but she only really got to me behind door 2 and I ultimately liked her behind the other doors. But it is fitting, saint Morgana fell in love (of some sort) with each of the men witch Morgana cursed and hated, much as whole Morgana both hated and loved the world, and humankind, to extremes.

I enjoyed the whole narrative around Morgana's relationship with her self-affirmed sainthood.

I think it is quite a nice touch that Morgana really believed white-haired girl=Michel. I grappled above with the "why does Morgana want Michel to think he is Michelle?" question and was left flummoxed. I was thinking about it the wrong way, as if it were a plot mechanism, a logical piece. Instead it was just that Morgana thought Michel was Michelle. Despite preferring Michel, she wanted an easier life for him (as Michelle) and this is consistent throughout. There is honesty when she gives Michel outs, however perverse. She both wants him to take those outs, scorns him for taking those outs, and wants him not to take those outs (because she wants Michel). It also seems that I was right that even in door 4, where Morgana, even thinking she wasn't the white-haired girl, unconsciously used her as her avatar. And again there, you have the hidden dialogue in the background, which showcases that perversity and cross-purposes in her dealings with Michel.

Also, the reason why the white-haired girl appears as Michel is interesting. Witch Morgana connects with Michel on the level of fellow sufferers and kind of scorns his refusal to join her in her darkness and curse those that make him suffer. Saint Morgana, on the other hand, is transported by his ultimate refusal to join witch Morgana. You can see this dichotomy in less stark relief in the entirety of Morgana's dealings with Michel.

I don't think I mentioned this above, but I really loved the scene behind door 7 where Morgana mimics the pitying Michel when he fondled her skeletal hand. This just came to mind so I'm throwing it in here :P. Why? It showcases that a) although she has become Michel's "friend" and attached herself to him she is aware of his actions as he himself was but also b) that, in her perverse way, she does care about him.

I'm not sure how I feel about Morgana's ending wrt Michel. The scenes with Georges in particular had a bit of a rom-com vibe, which fit kind of strangely. Then you have Jacopo (? I think he's the wavy haired boy) being told to wait for her (or Maria I guess), despite her not wanting to meet him again in another life and clearly not feeling about him as he does her, at least not at that point. I guess I wish they hadn't done this sort of thing when Michel was going to be with Giselle is what I'm saying. Or if they were going to, don't suggest she ends up with Jacopo but rather just has a new and fresh life away from all this baggage. I don't feel she got a good ending.

I guess I also wish Didier had gotten a bit more of an ending. I feel Georges had a better sending off, and Didier could've used some more stripping away of his bullshit and examination of his soul.

Really great stuff imo.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Curious, who are the prominent visual novel publishersfor English?

At first I only knew about Mangagamer and then found out about Denpasoft through Sunrider. Jast USA has kind of been out there for a while but the name didn't really stick till recently and today I found out about one called NekoNyan.

Are there any others I should know about/follow?

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Curious, who are the prominent visual novel localizers for English?

At first I only knew about Mangagamer and then found out about Denpasoft through Sunrider. Jast USA has kind of been out there for a while but the name didn't really stick till recently and today I found out about one called NekoNyan.

Uhhhhh MangaGamer and Sekai Project, JAST sometimes actually releases things, I think Fruitbat Factory does some stuff, uhhhh someone else can say more.

On consoles, Aksys puts out a decent amount of otome, Idea Factory International has also handled a few, PQube has pretty varied things, Spike Chunsoft now self-publishes so they'll be putting out some specific things PQube/Aksys/NISA used to and more, and so on.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Uhhhhh MangaGamer and Sekai Project, JAST sometimes actually releases things, I think Fruitbat Factory does some stuff, uhhhh someone else can say more.

On consoles, Aksys puts out a decent amount of otome, Idea Factory International has also handled a few, PQube has pretty varied things, Spike Chunsoft now self-publishes so they'll be putting out some specific things PQube/Aksys/NISA used to and more, and so on.

Thanks for the input but... "localizer" was the wrong word (I was in the middle of editing my original post when you responded and I seen the notification). I'm looking for the stores I can buy them off of.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the input but... "localizer" was the wrong word (I was in the middle of editing my original post when you responded and I seen the notification). I'm looking for the stores I can buy them off of.

Oh.

In that case, pretty much just their own sites and Steam, I guess?

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018

Hmmm alright. Was hoping some existed I didn't know about asked because I never heard of Nekonyan until today and they sell downloads straight from their site.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Edit: I'm dumb and I didn't see you meant the store themselves so nvm.

A few days ago Sol Press announced the DareSora! series (which I have no idea what it is)

https://solpress.co/blog/338/new-announcement-the-daresora-series

Volumes? What's the deal here?
DareSora is a series split up into volumes by developer design. New volumes will come out every few months and cost less than a coffee. Think of it a bit like a manga, but taking advantage of the unique possibilites offered by the Visual Novel format.

At Sol Press it will be our goal to bring you each chapter as close to the Japanese release as possible, starting with our plans to bring you Volume 1 within a month of its release in Japan.

I'll be giving the first volume a shot since it seems it won't cost much.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Curious, who are the prominent visual novel publishersfor English?

Sol Press seem to be doing fine as well so far, in addition to the ones that have already been said.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm alright. Was hoping some existed I didn't know about asked because I never heard of Nekonyan until today and they sell downloads straight from their site.

Two other smaller / less frequently mentioned mentions you might possibly want to keep an eye out for are ebi-hime and Hanakosoft - the former uses itch.io to sell her games, and the latter have their own store and use itch.io. You could also try (for some older and/or physical titles) J-List (supposedly the parent of JAST USA but I could be wrong here).

BrentoLand

Oct 29, 2017
Kansas
Been playing the original Utawarerumono a bit and it's great. Really looking forward to getting to the sequels that came out last year

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing the original Utawarerumono a bit and it's great. Really looking forward to getting to the sequels that came out last year
Unfortunately, Mask of Deception is a bit of a let-down. Too much slice of life, not enough actual fantasy awesomeness.
Mask of Truth from what I've played so far (11 hours), seems to be more story focused. And unfortunately requires MoD.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Deception is quite good and definitely better than the original Utawarerumono. That "slice of life" is all the character work that makes the actual dramatic beats impactful.

BrentoLand

Oct 29, 2017
Kansas
To be honest I'm not too worried about too much slice of life stuff, I'm really liking the characters in this first one. Also does anyone know if the PS4 and Vita sequels have cross save support? I keep seeing conflicting info

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I think Mask of Truth is the better game overall, but MoD is high quality throughout and everything from about the 75% to the 95% mark in MoT is not so good (outside of that one scene with the twins). MoT has higher highs, but MoD is more consistently good.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
So I am here to ask for a good VN with Monster Girls.
Before you answer, I am not looking necessary for the ones who are mostly only erotic scenes. A normal one who have a legit progression as a story.

To give an example a game like this is "Love at First Sight"

Also another one is "Monster Girl Gamu"
Even if it is a Demo, it is freaking hilarious.

artworks-000196595400-eercsn-t500x500.jpg

https://fujoshicake.itch.io/mgg

*NSFW the above game. Not sex scenes in the Demo.*

So yeah, looking something like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Eroge Developer's Mink behind "Night Shift Nurses" is shutting down (NSFW)

"During the time we were creating eroge we dashed along to the best of our ability, however we've concluded that it is no longer our time. With the end of the Heisei era and the retirement of the national singer, two large happenings this year – it is time for Mink to officially end its own performance. Those who have loved Mink like a father starting from our initial establishment to everyone and all users who have supported us, we truly offer our sincerest thanks. It would fill us with happiness to know if people would think of us as one of the cornerstones of the industry."

End of an era. :(

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading something about backing up your saves before applying the Director's Cut Patch for Muv-Luv Alternative in the past. Is that still something I need to do?