• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Happy Eagle

Jun 5, 2018
How long should the biggest one last?
EDIT: Spoiler tags here just so that particularly spoiler sensitive people can play completely blind.
That's a bit tricky to say, since I didn't think to time keep when I finished and started chapters.
But according to what I can estimate off my playtime session logs, it took me around 5-7 hours, give or take.
If you're curious what was the longest chapter, I would say it was
Chapter 9, but Chapter 7 is quite long as well.
EDIT: Looking at it again, I got part way through Chapter 7 after only ~12 hours, and my completion time was 31 hours. Which means 3/4 of Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, and Chapter 10 took ~18 hours.

Last edited:

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
EDIT: Spoiler tags here just so that particularly spoiler sensitive people can play completely blind.
That's a bit tricky to say, since I didn't think to time keep when I finished and started chapters.
But according to what I can estimate off my playtime session logs, it took me around 5-7 hours, give or take.
If you're curious what was the longest chapter, I would say it was
Chapter 9, but Chapter 7 is quite long as well.
EDIT: Looking at it again, I got part way through Chapter 7 after only ~12 hours, and my completion time was 31 hours. Which means 3/4 of Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, and Chapter 10 took ~18 hours.
Damn you played it quick.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth both Utawarerumono games are only $20 each at GameStop still so you can get them physically for just under that digital bundle's price.

They just might send you a used copy by accident.

And again when you tell support about the issue (before I even sent the first copy back...?).

they had me fully reorder with a coupon for shipping; I forgot to do it till now but we'll see how it goes

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Chaos;Child last night.

I have a lot of conflicted feelings but overall I still enjoyed it a lot. My heart and brain hurt now.

give us R;N so we can get DaSH, please

fucking Takumi gets to chill out on ESO2* while Takuru has to deal with this shit

I mean he's probably fighting the Committee but STILL...

*(which, to be fair, was a hilariously good twist for Kazuki's route, I was taken aback and laughed when that laptop got shoved in Takuru's face)

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know there will be a new chapter. Intrigued.

edit: seems to be an epilogue, nothing too important.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Inner cover of Higurashi Switch
MvbsDGd.jpg
Pretty excited to read through the whole thing.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Despite Steam saying that they'll accept any game now, this is the third or fourth visual novel that's been delayed because of some Valve shenanigans.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Am I correct in thinking that it's due to sexual content? Is it just that, at the end of the day, for all their "we'll just allow anything to absolve ourselves of responsibility" nonsense, they're still beholden to Paypal etc. not wanting to be used to pay for adult content?

Or is it something else I'm not aware of?

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Am I correct in thinking that it's due to sexual content? Is it just that, at the end of the day, for all their "we'll just allow anything to absolve ourselves of responsibility" nonsense, they're still beholden to Paypal etc. not wanting to be used to pay for adult content?

Flowers is all-ages.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017

Maybe it's part of the client update which should be coming soon ( well since last summer ), which might come with some base filter for game with adult content, no paypal option for those games, etc..

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It doesnt even make any sense though, since there is this on steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/762920/Glory_of_the_SelfStyled_Diehard_girl/

NSFW!!!

Feels like somehow the smaller the dev/pub, the easier it is to get on Steam. And IIRC Valve checks every game that it at least starts and the storepage and they approved that game up there... With literal hentai pictures on the storepage.

Wow... they aren't even trying to hide that it's an H game. First I've heard of it, and surprised it even made the store.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played Higurashi, but since I've basically been spoiled for the core plot bits, I've always wondered if those extra episodes are actually good.

If they're just extra loops, is there really that much to them? Do they provide anything valuable to the overall story?

Obviously new things can happen, and be worth reading, but at some point it feels like they've added a lot of extraneous episodes for the sake of selling ports, hah.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I can't wait to play them all.
So are all of those chapters in the Switch version? Gematsu reported the Switch as 19 chapters plus the three in the left bottom corner, so 22 in total. That chart though has a different total number though. I suppose I will know sometime later this week or next though.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So are all of those chapters in the Switch version? Gematsu reported the Switch as 19 chapters plus the three in the left bottom corner, so 22 in total. That chart though has a different total number though. I suppose I will know sometime later this week or next though.

I obviously haven't played any, but I'm curious and need to wait for some scripts to run at work, so looking into this... Gematsu is reporting that it has the 19 from Sui, except... apparently Sui has 20 because you get Hajisarashi as a final unlock? I can't tell if they miscounted and didn't see that, or if their source is also giving 19, hmm.

Regardless, comparing the wikia link and the chart... Sui has the core 8, everything on the right, and then of Rei it has Saikoroshi and "Hirukowashi (Alt)" (I guess it was changed from the DS ports on?), but not Batsukoishi? I guess because "It was ultimately dropped from following chapters because it was too silly and irrelevant to the rest of the story.".

So the Switch release should have everything except that one chapter, I guess...? Depending on if the 19 is accurate or not, hmm. I guess Hajisarashi would likely be the one dropped.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, wait, but Hou itself is the 14 left arcs on PC, right? Are they just using the Hou name for an expanded port of Sui on Switch? Hmm.

EDIT:

Huh, I'm finding it very hard to tell what's actually in Hou to begin with. A lot of things talk about "the 3 Rei arcs" but I can't tell if that means Batsukoishi should be there or if it's counting Hajisarashi instead. And then you have the 19 vs 20 thing which doesn't help clarify anything; if it's based on Sui, what does it drop...

I guess we'll just know when it releases, assuming anyone even lists it anywhere...? Not like it'll matter for most of us anyway, but this killed time I needed to kill, at least...

Last edited:

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Saikoroshi-Hen is basically Ch.9 and the true ending of Higurashi's story, it really should been included with the "original" 8. It's a shame MG didn't even bother to translate it when they released Higurashi the first time.

Last edited: