• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
A wonderful translation is on its way.

Oh, that reminds me that I don't think I ever posted the screenshots I took of the new translation when they updated it uhhh 2 months ago, whoops. Sorry about that. I can still post some comparisons if anyone cares, though admittedly it was just the very start of it I looked at both times.

It... was not much better, though. What I saw was more readable, and I can hopefully assume more accurate since the lines I read didn't internally contradict as much, but it was very stilted at best. And it seemed like they were definitely picking and choosing what to edit; some pretty stilted lines did not change in that update, and some just got slightly edited, while others got entirely retranslated.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeeeah, I'm not gonna read Dies Irae. Lol.

Looks like the last Utawarerumono game is 60% off on PSN. I probably made it pretty clear I wasn't a big fan of a lot of the stuff in Mask of Deception, but I've been told MoT has a much bigger focus on politics and war and such which makes it sound like something I would enjoy a lot more.

So I guess I'll give it a try.

e: thoroughly shocked to find out it starts with a BATH scene lmao. But it's late, I'll continue tomorrow.

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, um, holy shit, Tsumihoroboshi is shaping up to easily be the best Higurashi chapter so far. I'm amazed at the sheer amount of new songs, feels like an entirely new OST.

Oct 25, 2017
So, um, holy shit, Tsumihoroboshi is shaping up to easily be the best Higurashi chapter so far. I'm amazed at the sheer amount of new songs, feels like an entirely new OST.

It's really good (and completely different from what I was expecting going in). It was definitely worth the wait (but please no wait that long again). I think it did a really great job at playing with my expectations and then taking things in a completely different direction.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
How many Higurashi chapters are we missing now? 2? Should start playing it soon, the already released episodes are gonna take me a while anyway. Was it recommended to install some patches with the Steam release(s)?

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Still patiently waiting for my shipping email for Muv-Luv :x
I just got mine
How many Higurashi chapters are we missing now? 2? Should start playing it soon, the already released episodes are gonna take me a while anyway. Was it recommended to install some patches with the Steam release(s)?
There are fan patches that can update the artwork and add voice acting if you want. They're a bit of a pain to install but the voice acting is pretty good.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
it's kinda nuts how long umineko is

finished it tonight,it literally took me 3 months to read it(and probably something like 150+ hours of time,steam has it at 191 but some of that was just leaving it running)

all in all an enjoyable enough experience to make my second tier where most of the vns i've played sit but too many flaws throughout to join fata morgana/saya no uta at the top

Last edited:

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh and speaking of FSN. I recently dropped it after 10 hours. Probably the first highly acclaimed VN that I had absolutely zero energy to finish. The only time when it's not boring is when it's wacky.

If you don't want to wade through 100+ hours of Nasu's eccentric writing, then the next best thing is to watch the animes. It contains the most exciting stuff - the fight scenes.

The VN is more for introspection and character narrations; things you don't quite get with the anime. Oh, and lots of cooking.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
2 chapters of the main story left.

There are patches that add PS3 assets (voices only if you wish, but also PS3 sprites/backgrounds if you wish).There's an automated installer now, so it's no longer a pain to install.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Cool cool, definitely going with the patches then. Not a fan of the original art and voices are always a plus with visual novels.

Maybe I'll even start the first episode this weekend if MoT doesn't grab me.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Umineko: When They Cry (Episode 7: Obvious reveal is obvious - and not so obvious heavy spoilers reveal)

My previous blue truth was right on the money: Lion is Kinzo and Beatrice's son.

Poor guy... This won't end well for him.

Hmmm... Let's shoot some random blue truths: Lion never died in any fragment. In the usual fragments, Lion is very much alive: their identity was hidden as a servant, with Genji's complicity. That servant is Kanon, the true culprit. It also explains why Shannon couldn't get Kanon at the beginning of this tale: Lion and Kanon can't be in the same space together, as they are one and the same.

It also explains why Kanon and Jessica's love needs a miracle to happen... After all... They share the same blood.

Heh. Someone should have told me I was reading A song of ice and fire.

I'm beginning to think that Kanon and Shannon are the two halves of "Beatrice".

Last edited:

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
So I was surprised to see that my copy of Flowers Ete arrived since I did not receive a tracking email but it was a nice Friday surprise.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Umineko: When They Cry (Episode 7: Tea Party - OMEGA SPOILERS):

... That couldn't last, isn't it? Here comes the bloodbath.

Oh God. Eva. Pleaaaaase don't do that. Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck.

Yup. She lost her marbles alright. Even Hideyoshi looks frightened by his wife.

Oh fuck. This is ugly.

Kyrie... Fuck. There were hints she could act cold, but damn. Ice. Cold. That's "Monster" level of coldness.
She is so going to kill everyone, Battler and Rudolf included... That last one really should have kept his mouth closed. Really? "When have I ever let you down?". You're asking for it.

SHIT. Eva wasn't killed. Ooooooooooooh fuck fuck fuck this is... Everything about this fragment is fucked up. Give me back my witch, please. I don't want to watch this.

................................................ Kyrie. P-please. Stop.

"Smashing a woman's face is nothing new to your aunt, okay?"

Oh no.

Oh no.

Oh nonononononononononononononononononononononononono

It is what I think it means, isn't it?

Oh this is so fucked up on so many levels I can't even count them.

And, once again, an hint about Kyrie being Battler's birth mother. Fuck you Rudolf, you are well aware of what transpired, isn't it?

"Now that Rudolf is gone, Ange is of no use to me".

Welp. That line gave me a genuine chill.
Eva took a turn for the worse in the third game, but overall I believe that in all fragments she genuinely loved her family.
Kyrie's true face is hideous, to say the least...

Here comes Ange's reaction....... ;_____;
If a witch decides to cruelly say in red that Kyrie never had any love for Ange, I think I'll break.

... Be careful what you wish for.
So... This is... The Truth?
........................................................................................................................ ;_;

There is no need for red anymore.

The witch Beatrice's tales were merciful ones in the end...

Fuck you Bernkastel. Just... fuck you.

... Oh God. That explains why Lion/Clair's sex was left ambiguous...

Oh God. Thank you Will.

Umineko: When They Cry (Episode 7: ????):

Well. Here comes the last tale. On the one hand, we have Bernkastel as a game-master who proclaimed in red that the final game won't have an happy ending. On the other hand, we have Battler who is telling its own tale to Ange, a gentle one...
Well, here comes nothing.

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Only a couple of hours into Utawarerumono MoT, but I'm actually enjoying it. Seeing all the blatantly pandering female designs again and starting out with a bath scene did make me groan real hard, but ever since then it's been very serious, which is definitely welcome since my sense of humor doesn't exactly align with the writers'.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the story develops, too. The starting point is by far the most interesting of the three games.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't want to wade through 100+ hours of Nasu's eccentric writing, then the next best thing is to watch the animes. It contains the most exciting stuff - the fight scenes.

The VN is more for introspection and character narrations; things you don't quite get with the anime. Oh, and lots of cooking.

Allot of the anime is... probably fine. My perception's a bit skewed on it since I did read all of FSN, but the only problem that comes to mind from omitting some of Shirou's internal monologues is that he was sometimes mischaracterized as stupid. He's crazy but not stupid!

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Umineko: When They Cry (Episode 8: Ibi deficit orbis):

ANGE Beatrice had enough. The hour of reckoning draws near. All shall be consumed by the endless theorists. Fanfiction was a mistake. People want their tragedy, and they will have it.

GO WILL AND DLANOOOOOOR!!!

Badass Will is badass.

Last edited:

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Only a couple of hours into Utawarerumono MoT, but I'm actually enjoying it. Seeing all the blatantly pandering female designs again and starting out with a bath scene did make me groan real hard, but ever since then it's been very serious, which is definitely welcome since my sense of humor doesn't exactly align with the writers'.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the story develops, too. The starting point is by far the most interesting of the three games.

How far are you now?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
How far are you now?

A couple of hours further so still not far at all. Currently
helping the little boy with the weird name to get all his soldiers and the civilians to whatever the place was where "Oshtor" and Anju and others hang out now.

Yes, I'm bad with names.

I'm particularly looking forward to
seeing how "Oshtor" will handle being Oshtor and what happens when he'll likely be exposed, what's gonna happen with Kuon and her/her forces' attack on Yamato and what's gonna happen in the capital now that they don't have a leader.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Umineko: When They Cry (Episode 8: Mad Love):

Lambda and Bernkastel are completely bonkers.

That finale is proceeding smoothly.

... Featherine can be genuinely scary.

Bern met Battler's fist. Best. scene. ever.

And done. Umineko completed.
Now to check if I understood everything correctly or not...
That was one hell of a ride. I enjoyed it, but less than The House in Fata Morgana. The game drags on a little, and is wayyyyy too long. The inherent nature of that tale also induce some fatigue. It is a great Visual Novel, but I was quite tired of it a few times.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Umineko: When They Cry (Episode 8: Mad Love):

Lambda and Bernkastel are completely bonkers.

That finale is proceeding smoothly.

... Featherine can be genuinely scary.

Bern met Battler's fist. Best. scene. ever.

And done. Umineko completed.
Now to check if I understood everything correctly or not...
That was one hell of a ride. I enjoyed it, but less than The House in Fata Morgana. The game drags on a little, and is wayyyyy too long. The inherent nature of that tale also induce some fatigue. It is a great Visual Novel, but I was quite tired of it a few times.

Fata Morgana very much feels to me - though I guess this is only an assumption? - like it's inspired by Umineko in some ways, and I do think it executes on those things better than Umineko. Still, Umineko will always have a special place in my heart.

And, well, the length is more reasonable when it's over the course of 3 or 4 years, with half a year between episodes. Clearly that release method has some issues in retrospect as a result.

EDIT: Oh, huh, did some digging and I guess the writer said they'd never played Umineko. It's not like the themes that overlap are surprising in that case, but it sorta felt like taking some things a step further and with more care, so I guess I just expected as much, hmm.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rereading Umineko, in EP3.

What a lovely visual novel in so many ways. With knowledge of the entire VN, some parts become utterly harrowing and many others are now hilarious.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Nope, there's a new chapter coming out soonish.

Utawareru: MoD is sapping my will to live. So much slice of life, not enough actual plot.
Oh no. I can't handle more D:

Reflections/retrospection on Umineko, based on all of my previous posts (this is a long post):
My "Beatrice did a number on that guy (Kinzo)" all the way back from when I started the game didn't even to begin just how much messed up their whole story was, and how Kinzo screwed Beatrice II and Beatrice III's lives (litteraly in Beatrice II's case).

In the end, although Battler remained a core protagonist, Ange took the stage, as the "sole" survivor of the real events.

My opinion of Maria changed a lot during the game. When I first met her, I found her incredibly insufferable, before suggesting that maybe she had issues explaining why she acted that way. Suffice to say, I pity her a lot now.

Ironically enough, Battler being a creep would have prevented everything if only he had succeeded in groping Shannon's breasts (and discovered that they were fake).
It bears repeating: a pervert's actions could have prevented a mass murder.

Oh my fucking God. My "Shannon is definitely an illegitimate child. Between her circumstances, her "foreign" name, her age and the "Madam" pulling a Catelyn Stark on her, that doesn't leave much doubt about that." line... Talk about being right for the wrong reasons. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
"So Battler almost molested his half-sister/cousin/whatever she is." Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Fuuuuuck!
... I can't even begin to imagine what were your thoughts when you read that.

Well... At least Rosa wasn't raped, contrary to my initial belief.

Heh. My initial "this is going to turn into a murder mystery" was right on the money (disclaimer: I jumped into Umineko completely blind, I never read anything about it beforehand).

"I am shipping Sayo and George so much right now. Please don't be his cousin, please don't be his cousin, pleaaaaase". Fuck. Me. Sideways.

All things considered, I should have guess that Kinzo was dead waaaaay earlier...

Funny how Eva and Natsuhi turned out to be right in the end: the servant(s) did it. Although it is Chapter's 7 beginning which tipped me off for good, with Van Dine's 11th rule being enunciated by Will at the very start when the nameless servant was being accused. And, well, Shannon entering FATAL ERROR mode when Will asked her to bring Kanon. Didn't leave much room for doubt afterwards, even though I wasn't 100% sure until much later.

Awww poor Godha. I accused him wrongly back in chapter 1 :'(

Heh. The whole 19 > X > 18... When it actually was 17 > X > 16 (yup, this equation is actually valid).

"Anyhow, Shannon seems to have a personal link to the witch." ... No shit Sherlock-me.
All things considered, Beatrice appearing for real in episode 2 was actually quite logical.
Heh, at least I picked on Ange's hint back in episode 2 quickly.
Beato was one hell of a stealth mentor, with how she introduced the multiple game mechanics to Battler, including the red and blue truths.

... "Ilikethemmuscles" a lot less now. Fucking goats.

"Aaaaaand we are back to the fantastic. Unless this is a case of false narrative." I had nooooo idea...

"There is a very important scene that was not explained in this episode: the scene where all the siblings and their spouses were in the Chapel with Beatrice, and were saying "I resign". That scene never was explained, and seemed disconnected from the rest of the episode." ... Uh. That scene never was explained, was it? Hmmm, I may need to rewatch episode 7 when Will slices through Clair and the mysteries. I don't remember if Beato said in red that everyone was dead.

In the end, Kinzo's wife had no real impact on the plot. Meh, I was expecting her to become somewhat important.

"Really, the red is nothing but a spoiler sword. It is better for it to remain sheated." ... Excuse me while I leave my keyboard for a while, I'm caught in a laughing fit. (context: it was long before Dlanor showed up)

"Damn, that Beatrice is so innocent... Kinzo, you really are a madman to do that to someone (in the context: keep her captive)." If I knew back then how fucked everything really was...

"She... did it. She actually did it. Holy shit she did. o_o I thought that would be the end-game, but no, she found it. SHIIIIIIIIT! That won't end well, will it?" *insert nervous laugh here*

"Kyrie, you do not disappoint my expectations in you." You betrayed all of my expectations :'(
"Kyrie best adult here confirmed." *sobs*

Oh, back when I thought that Bernkastel was kinda nice... I really was innocent and gullible. I did read a quotation of her in TvTropes (in the Complete Monster page) by accident, and somehow convinced myself by forcefully forgetting the few words I saw that she was talking about someone else, since that quotation wasn't behind spoiler marks. I was really afraid to have been spoiled the identity of the "Big Bad". Turns out the jig was up as soon as episode 4's ending, so it was kind of a relief.

You know, it took me until chapter 8 to realize that the bunny girls were actually Maria's ceramic bunnies. Kinda feel dumb to never have made the connection sooner.

"Kanon and Shannon are talking about the previous episodes, in story. They have knowledge of previous Fragments. That's... weird. Interesting." Dude. That was the biggest hint ever. Why did I forget about it?! Well, I did remember it when I talked during my episode 7's playthrough about the "hints" regarding them.

And, yup, that episode 4 scene with the two Beatrices... Hmmm.
Well, at least my blue truth about Battler's real lineage was 100% accurate. That was easy to guess though, so no extra points for me for guessing that.

"No more than 17 humans exist on this island." Well, that was perfectly phrased indeed. "No more than" doesn't exactly mean "There are". It prevents the existence of 18+ humans, but it doesn't necessarily mean that there are 17 humans.

"[Beatrice] is as much a prisoner of circumstances as Battler is." ... :'(

Oh. My breakdown about Erika... I remember that breakdown... Fuck that self-proclaimed intellectual rapist (and cheater).

Heh. Episode 5 ending's goal really was to get us confused about who was that mysterious baby...

"I have developed a profound hate of cat smiles." Little did I know that actual cats were going to appear (and that Bern was one - fitting for a witch).

"At the very least, Georges and Sayo's love story is as pure as ever."
My heart is thoroughly skewered.

"In episode 3, what did Ange see in the futon room?" ... Huh. That never was explained, was it?

Damn, Beatrice's dual nature was hinted quite a lot of times, all things considered.

"Those two women (context: Beatrice I and II) may or may not be the same, may or may not be mother and child." ... Kekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke

"... Daaaaamn Kyrie, you're a scary woman." (context: episode 6) ... Quick question: how many of you thought "You have no idea..." upon reading that?

All things considered, since Battler knew the "truth", all of his self-destructive actions in episode 6 can actually be viewed in a different light...

That being said: who needs mass-destruction weapons when you have duct tape?!

"... Knox. What the hell. Top 10 Visual Novel betrayal." You really hurt my feelings back then Dlanor :'(

"Considering their nature and the hints dropped... Could it be... that Kanon and Shannon are one and the same being? Nah, I'm spouting nonsense... That wouldn't make any sense." ... :3 Fucking master of disguise (well, being able to manipulate the narration helped).

"Lion is Beatrice and Kinzo's son, and the baby that Natsuhi adopted upon Kinzo's request." (context: Lion just appeared for the first time, no other hints dropped). Easy to guess, although I didn't catch on the ramifications and Shannon/Kanon until later.

Everything about that post : :3

Well, I think I covered most things.

One hell of a ride indeed.

Last edited:

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Utawareru: MoD is sapping my will to live. So much slice of life, not enough actual plot.
Ironically, I could stand slice of life but absolutely be bored by any
magical segments. That's probably why I found the game disappointing, in retrospect (besides the fact that I completely disagree with message of Ep8).

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Not only is there a lot, it was increeeedibly repetitive to the point that sometimes I felt like I was doing an event I had done already again.

No slice-of-life in MoT so far, thankfully.

Deleted member 1055

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. I can't handle more D:

Reflections/retrospection on Umineko, based on all of my previous posts (this is a long post):
My "Beatrice did a number on that guy (Kinzo)" all the way back from when I started the game didn't even to begin just how much messed up their whole story was, and how Kinzo screwed Beatrice II and Beatrice III's lives (litteraly in Beatrice II's case).

In the end, although Battler remained a core protagonist, Ange took the stage, as the "sole" survivor of the real events.

My opinion of Maria changed a lot during the game. When I first met her, I found her incredibly insufferable, before suggesting that maybe she had issues explaining why she acted that way. Suffice to say, I pity her a lot now.

Ironically enough, Battler being a creep would have prevented everything if only he had succeeded in groping Shannon's breasts (and discovered that they were fake).
It bears repeating: a pervert's actions could have prevented a mass murder.

Oh my fucking God. My "Shannon is definitely an illegitimate child. Between her circumstances, her "foreign" name, her age and the "Madam" pulling a Catelyn Stark on her, that doesn't leave much doubt about that." line... Talk about being right for the wrong reasons. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
"So Battler almost molested his half-sister/cousin/whatever she is." Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Fuuuuuck!
... I can't even begin to imagine what were your thoughts when you read that.

Well... At least Rosa wasn't raped, contrary to my initial belief.

Heh. My initial "this is going to turn into a murder mystery" was right on the money (disclaimer: I jumped into Umineko completely blind, I never read anything about it beforehand).

"I am shipping Sayo and George so much right now. Please don't be his cousin, please don't be his cousin, pleaaaaase". Fuck. Me. Sideways.

All things considered, I should have guess that Kinzo was dead waaaaay earlier...

Funny how Eva and Natsuhi turned out to be right in the end: the servant(s) did it. Although it is Chapter's 7 beginning which tipped me off for good, with Van Dine's 11th rule being enunciated by Will at the very start when the nameless servant was being accused. And, well, Shannon entering FATAL ERROR mode when Will asked her to bring Kanon. Didn't leave much room for doubt afterwards, even though I wasn't 100% sure until much later.

Awww poor Godha. I accused him wrongly back in chapter 1 :'(

Heh. The whole 19 > X > 18... When it actually was 17 > X > 16 (yup, this equation is actually valid).

"Anyhow, Shannon seems to have a personal link to the witch." ... No shit Sherlock-me.
All things considered, Beatrice appearing for real in episode 2 was actually quite logical.
Heh, at least I picked on Ange's hint back in episode 2 quickly.
Beato was one hell of a stealth mentor, with how she introduced the multiple game mechanics to Battler, including the red and blue truths.

... "Ilikethemmuscles" a lot less now. Fucking goats.

"Aaaaaand we are back to the fantastic. Unless this is a case of false narrative." I had nooooo idea...

"There is a very important scene that was not explained in this episode: the scene where all the siblings and their spouses were in the Chapel with Beatrice, and were saying "I resign". That scene never was explained, and seemed disconnected from the rest of the episode." ... Uh. That scene never was explained, was it? Hmmm, I may need to rewatch episode 7 when Will slices through Clair and the mysteries. I don't remember if Beato said in red that everyone was dead.

In the end, Kinzo's wife had no real impact on the plot. Meh, I was expecting her to become somewhat important.

"Really, the red is nothing but a spoiler sword. It is better for it to remain sheated." ... Excuse me while I leave my keyboard for a while, I'm caught in a laughing fit. (context: it was long before Dlanor showed up)

"Damn, that Beatrice is so innocent... Kinzo, you really are a madman to do that to someone (in the context: keep her captive)." If I knew back then how fucked everything really was...

"She... did it. She actually did it. Holy shit she did. o_o I thought that would be the end-game, but no, she found it. SHIIIIIIIIT! That won't end well, will it?" *insert nervous laugh here*

"Kyrie, you do not disappoint my expectations in you." You betrayed all of my expectations :'(
"Kyrie best adult here confirmed." *sobs*

Oh, back when I thought that Bernkastel was kinda nice... I really was innocent and gullible. I did read a quotation of her in TvTropes (in the Complete Monster page) by accident, and somehow convinced myself by forcefully forgetting the few words I saw that she was talking about someone else, since that quotation wasn't behind spoiler marks. I was really afraid to have been spoiled the identity of the "Big Bad". Turns out the jig was up as soon as episode 4's ending, so it was kind of a relief.

You know, it took me until chapter 8 to realize that the bunny girls were actually Maria's ceramic bunnies. Kinda feel dumb to never have made the connection sooner.

"Kanon and Shannon are talking about the previous episodes, in story. They have knowledge of previous Fragments. That's... weird. Interesting." Dude. That was the biggest hint ever. Why did I forget about it?! Well, I did remember it when I talked during my episode 7's playthrough about the "hints" regarding them.

And, yup, that episode 4 scene with the two Beatrices... Hmmm.
Well, at least my blue truth about Battler's real lineage was 100% accurate. That was easy to guess though, so no extra points for me for guessing that.

"No more than 17 humans exist on this island." Well, that was perfectly phrased indeed. "No more than" doesn't exactly mean "There are". It prevents the existence of 18+ humans, but it doesn't necessarily mean that there are 17 humans.

"[Beatrice] is as much a prisoner of circumstances as Battler is." ... :'(

Oh. My breakdown about Erika... I remember that breakdown... Fuck that self-proclaimed intellectual rapist (and cheater).

Heh. Episode 5 ending's goal really was to get us confused about who was that mysterious baby...

"I have developed a profound hate of cat smiles." Little did I know that actual cats were going to appear (and that Bern was one - fitting for a witch).

"At the very least, Georges and Sayo's love story is as pure as ever."
My heart is thoroughly skewered.

"In episode 3, what did Ange see in the futon room?" ... Huh. That never was explained, was it?

Damn, Beatrice's dual nature was hinted quite a lot of times, all things considered.

"Those two women (context: Beatrice I and II) may or may not be the same, may or may not be mother and child." ... Kekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke

"... Daaaaamn Kyrie, you're a scary woman." (context: episode 6) ... Quick question: how many of you thought "You have no idea..." upon reading that?

All things considered, since Battler knew the "truth", all of his self-destructive actions in episode 6 can actually be viewed in a different light...

That being said: who needs mass-destruction weapons when you have duct tape?!

"... Knox. What the hell. Top 10 Visual Novel betrayal." You really hurt my feelings back then Dlanor :'(

"Considering their nature and the hints dropped... Could it be... that Kanon and Shannon are one and the same being? Nah, I'm spouting nonsense... That wouldn't make any sense." ... :3 Fucking master of disguise (well, being able to manipulate the narration helped).

"Lion is Beatrice and Kinzo's son, and the baby that Natsuhi adopted upon Kinzo's request." (context: Lion just appeared for the first time, no other hints dropped). Easy to guess, although I didn't catch on the ramifications and Shannon/Kanon until later.

Everything about that post : :3

Well, I think I covered most things.

One hell of a ride indeed.

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts along the way, so thanks for sharing!

If you're interested in seeing somebody else go through the same process, and probably get some questions answered, then you might enjoy the Rokkenjima book-club videos for Umineko:
https://rokkenjima.org/tea-parties/umineko-tea-party/