• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting that JAST USA teased news from JAST Blue (BL/Yaoi brand) for that panel as well.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Umineko: When They Cry (chapter 1 - clouds gathering):

Well, Krauss turned out to be quite calculating. The other siblings look rather foolish now.

... Am I a bad person for rejoicing when Rosa told her daughter to stop "Uuuuu-Uuuuu"ing? OK, the slap was too much (there are other ways to punish your child for acting like an annoying spoiled brat), but gosh Maria is insufferable.

... That second slap was just cruel. And Battler had to stop her from slapping her a third time.
I'm beginning to think Maria has some issues, and that her mother doesn't know how to handle them. There is also the possibility that she was an unwanted child, though it is way too soon to tell at this point.

Well, at least Rosa underlines neatly my first thought: Maria is not acting like someone her age should, at all.

OK. Now that's just child abuse. Stop it, right now.

... Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, but judging from Rosa's half-asleep reaction when Genji was just bringing her a blanket, and the ominous words prior... Hum. Worst-case scenario, Rosa was raped, and Maria is the child of said rape.

Last edited:

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I'm no monster. But no one can deny that that character was written to be irritating.

Umineko: When They Cry (chapter 1 - letter):

... You know something is very wrong when the irritating character suddenly turns out to be perfectly able to speak normally.
Things are going to be interesting.

Now, I've been wondering about the sacrifices and this roulette for a while... With this kind of setting, I think there is little doubt that this is going to turn into a murder mystery. So far the atmosphere was rather light-hearted, but there has been glimpses of dark themes, and it could quickly turn ugly.

... Oh. Well, if Rudolf himself says this...

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Dramatical Murder
I'm gonna die
Between that and Sweet Pool having official releases of the more notable mindfuck BL games is wild.
What a time to live in.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Flowers 3 was announced. And Flowers 2 is apparently coming out tonight!

鬼作.

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been reading Summer Pockets.

I usually ignore all-ages stuff completely, and I'm not a fan of Key in general but it's summer and it's hot, which means I'm totally in the mood for a game that feels like summer. Seasonal eroge / VNs are the best and the companies are usually pretty good about using this desire for their release timings. It's why the Amakano games are so incredibly comfy. Perfect winter releases.

Anyway, I like it so far. The heroines are entertaining so far, the mini-games are ok, there's a table tennis rhythm game and another one that's basically Pokemon. The humor is pretty good, though I'm not sure if the protagonist's immense emo tendencies (he had to give up swimming for some reason and has trouble coping with that) are supposed to be played for laughs or if he's going to cut himself at some point. Right at the beginning of the game you decide what flavor of whiny bitch he's going to be and it just continues from there.

"Oh woe is me!
I'M LIKE A HOST WHO FORGOT HOW TO SEDUCE WOMEN."

"This dusty room is where I'm going to sleep from now on.
A PERFECT FIT FOR A FAILURE LIKE ME".

*comes across a broken lighthouse*
"A lighthouse that can't light the way.
WE'RE NOT SO DIFFERENT, YOU AND I."

This dude. I swear.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
That Kimi to Kanojo game was also announced so it looks like everybody has at least one thing to be excited for.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I want to wait for Rightstuf to post the Flowers LE... might give in early and just do it on Jlist tho.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the only physical PC game I've ever purchased was No Thank You, or else I wouldn't have enough space for anything else in my room. Hope JAST USA will print the BL titles.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Umineko: When They Cry (chapter 1 - gentle rain):

I am shipping Sayo and George so much right now.

Please don't be his cousin, please don't be his cousin, pleaaaaase.

... One of them is gonna die soon, isn't it? Death flags popping everywhere.

The second day begins...

Umineko: When They Cry (chapter 1 - Dawn of the Second Day - important spoilers):

So, people are disappearing alright. Natsuhi was apparently saved thanks to Jessica's charm. And, for once, Kinzo was nice to someone. Natsuhi deserved some peace and appreciation after yesterday's events.

PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE KOMBAAAAAAAT! Get her Natsuhi! You will serve her tea, and Eva-bitch will LIKE IT!

... Damn. Well, the massacre has begun. I was expecting some deaths... just... not that many. Holy guacamole that's a lot of deaths. Damn it, Kyrie, the detective type isn't supposed to die so soon!

I'll try to avoid reading the epitath, as it seems the story will follow it thoroughly (then, next day, two more deaths... Yikes. Eva and Hideyoshi, probably? "Those who remain will tear apart the two who are close". As it is, Georges' family is the only unscathed... There is no way some won't think it to not be a coincidence).

Maria's creepiness factor intensifies.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Flowers is their only non-H reveal?

Tonight are the Spike-Chun and Frontwing panels... Hope we get something good (physicals...)

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Spike is doing any of these physical? Didn't mentioned it for Yu-No or Shibuya Scramble...

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ya'll think it's too much to hope for an Atlach-Nacha announcement by Mangagamer tomorrow?
RZoWTSo.jpg

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'd like to know about how much I've got left to go in The House in Fata Morgana.

MAJOR SPOILERS, but I'll try to be fairly vague just the same:
I just got to the three choices: stay, leave, or there's still more to do. The first two led to endings 1 and 2. I thought it was supposed to be pretty long, so I'm hoping I've still got a ways to go...

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to know about how much I've got left to go in The House in Fata Morgana.

MAJOR SPOILERS, but I'll try to be fairly vague just the same:
I just got to the three choices: stay, leave, or there's still more to do. The first two led to endings 1 and 2. I thought it was supposed to be pretty long, so I'm hoping I've still got a ways to go...
I wanna say that your like a third of the way done?