• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Vision is made of Vibranium, one of the strongest metals in the MCU to where Thanos needs to literally hack at it with his OP metal to just break Cap's shield, but without the power stone he crunches it like he's loading a bong. The fuck? How?

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I always saw it as trading vulnerability for flexibility. After all, he can't be pure vibranium if his skin acts like human skin.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Vision is made of Vibranium, one of the strongest metals in the MCU to where Thanos needs to literally hack at it with his OP metal to just break Cap's shield, but without the power stone he crunches it like he's loading a bong. The fuck? How?

The virabranium damage is the feedback blast of the stone being removed

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Vibranium is the strongest metal... on EARTH

Thanos is in a totally different league, physically and power-wise.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't he break Cap's shield without any infinity stones at that point? By the time he kills vision he has like, what, almost of all them?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Biggest question is why the hell does he turn grey? No material changes colors like that.
... I mean we're talking a synthezoid made of a fictional metal alloy for a start man

Secondly it's a reference to the comics where he was originally silver/turned that way again after dying

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think thanos where he hacks captains shield had no gems while when he removed the stone he had all stones except mind.

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
The MCU plays a bit fast and loose with character and material strengths, but I don't see anything wrong with this scene. You got a dude who's strong enough to outpunch the Hulk, he's got a gaggle of ridiculous reality warping stones on him, Vision spent most of the movie fucked up or trying to have the stone removed, etc.

With everything going on by this point, I feel "isn't vibranium supposed to be strong?" doesn't really rank as a relevant criticism. I mean, he's got every other stone at this point, he could have just turned Vision into string cheese and peeled it off.

OP
OP
subpar spatula

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He pinched the parts not as as he pulled the area got weaker, cosmic blast upon removal

Plus he's currently powered by 5 of the 6 stones to boot
He has to activate the stones. He isn't super strong without the activated. He is a little over Hulk tier. He tried to smash Cap Marvel without it and she never flinnched. He needed power stone to move her.

He literally gains whatever power for no reason to dominate the vibranium.

I WANT A REMAKE. INCONSISTENT TRASH.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vibranium honestly isn't all that when you compare it to space stuff. Even Cap's shield, which was made from a vibranium alloy that's stronger than pure vibranium, got hacked to pieces by whatever metal Thanos' sword is made from. So even though Vision is extremely tough by human standards, there's no real reason why Thanos couldn't do that to his skull. I'm sure if Vision actually remembered he can change his density at will, he might have been able to put up at least a little fight in Infinity War.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly part of Infinity War is suspending the disbelief that Vision becomes a feeble weakling instead of reducing Corvus Glaive to atomic dust.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
He's not made of solid vibranium. Randomly watching Age of Ultron last night and the whole point is that Virbranium has other weird properties beyond its strength and those are what allows Vision's body to be created when the power from the Infinity Stone melds with it at the atomic level.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly part of Infinity War is suspending the disbelief that Vision becomes a feeble weakling instead of reducing Corvus Glaive to atomic dust.

Yeah, they basically flat out stop him from ever using his density manipulation powers. The implied explanation was fine for the fight in Scotland - that being that Thanos and his Black Order were fully aware of who had what Infinity Gem and had actual, specific, plans strategies to defeat them and the only reason the Black Order lost was when there was outside interference - but there was really no need for Vision to be such a weakling in Wakanda except that the plot needed him to be.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
He has to activate the stones. He isn't super strong without the activated. He is a little over Hulk tier. He tried to smash Cap Marvel without it and she never flinnched. He needed power stone to move her.

He literally gains whatever power for no reason to dominate the vibranium.

I WANT A REMAKE. INCONSISTENT TRASH.

Stone went zzzpow and head went krakadoom

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This was never mentioned in the movies but the gauntlet also gives him a passive +1 Plot Strength buff and so that's way he was able to break vibranium.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He does have the power stone. It's right there in the fucking gif.

In every scene where he uses a stone in the gauntlet, he has to close his fist, and the stone he's using glows. It's primarily evident in the fights on Titan.

No power stone glow here.

Still, he's touching the mind stone (which gives off a burst here just before his head caves) and is strong as hell already

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
In every scene where he uses a stone in the gauntlet, he has to close his fist, and the stone he's using glows. It's primarily evident in the fights on Titan.

No power stone glow here.

Still, he's touching the mind stone (which gives off a burst here just before his head caves) and is strong as hell already

Yeah, the burst is the mind stone blowing out his skull. Agreed.

I will say though, regardless of whether he glowed the power stone or not, it still could have been providing extra juice to his Grimace fingers.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest question is why the hell does he turn grey? No material changes colors like that.

my understanding was that that's the original color of the body, and that when they put the stone into vision and he became sentient he used his powers to change his color, much like he used it to give himself his cape.

so when he lost the stone which was the source of his sentience and power, he reverted to the color/look he had when he was in the cradle before being given the stone

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Vision was copying Thor essentially or at least his aesthetics when he picks his colors I think he was grey originally

(him copying thor is an excuse for him to look like comic vision)

He was mostly red with a little green coming out of his birthing chamber, then added a a lot of green to not look as naked, and then copied Thor's cape because capes look rad.

Him losing his colors is to show the audience that he's D-E-D dead.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget his henchman was also able to stick a spear right through Vision, as well.
In comics Corvious Glaive spear is fucking magic or comic book nonsense
It can basically cut anything including lasers because it's special and it allows him to come back to life as long as it's intact it's why in the movie he came back

None of this is explained because no one cares besides nerds

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute, those aren't the right colors

Marvel couldn't even get that right in their movies!

That was more necessity than anything, I think. The Tesseract was originally going to be a Cosmic Cube so it was blue, but then of course during the filming of Thor 2 they decided that Thanos would be going after the Infinity Gems and so they retconned both the Tesseract and Loki's Sceptre.

This is of course in spite of the fact Thanos would never have just given an Infinity Gem to Loki of all people.