• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
SOoH49p.png

Wow. Good for her.
Granted, I know Nyanners was actually a well-known singer before adopting the VTuber persona, but still.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
She's getting a skin in fall guy and to celebrate, their also doing a tournament with 40 vtuber
Fall-Guys-Kizuna-AI_03-22-21.jpg

Announcement and the 40 vtubers

Tournament stream

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
How is Nyanners going to grow her hair back in time to match the poster for the concert?

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Been noticing more Flare clips popping up, this one in particular warms my cold heart, you can hear the shift in Coco's voice once the spam is mentioned.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Gura spent 2 hours trying to beat the first level lol

The game is actually really hard tho ngl

Seiru

Oct 25, 2017
There has to be a solution to it...like, even if YouTube's chat system is garbage enough that there's no fighting it there, why not just provide a public Discord link or something for "chat"? Or any other platform that has actual moderation tools that work.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
She's getting a skin in fall guy and to celebrate, their also doing a tournament with 40 vtuber

Announcement and the 40 vtubers

Tournament stream

Those are a lots of indies, I spot Itou-Life, and ui-mama. None from Hololive, which is pretty understandable.

And about Coco stuff, there are only like a couple of dumb fuck using automated program left. They can try to do it in Twitch, because Nightbot, Moobot and mod will clear that shit even faster and more efficiently, like every time Coco does a collab everyone jumps on Twitch, but I understand they don't want to split up between Youtube and Twitch. But fuck man.

Why are they so persistent?

They literally only have like 4 dumb fucks left who do this shit, but because the automated program is free, and Youtube won't update their shitty fucking code for Youtube's chat, 4 can seem like a lot.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The best move would probably be all of them getting dedicated member mods like Coco did.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Upon further research some people are saying that Coco had to lay off having mods ban these accounts because third party account sellers were encouraging people to buy more accounts so that they could make more money?

So I guess that's why she's opted for members only mode for recent streams

Feb 22, 2018
I dont know it seems like Gura has some sort of mods. Whenever I see spam show up, which I havent seen any for the past like 2 weeks but whenever it does happen, the message gets "removed" before I can even report it. Of course Gura's chat also flies by so fast that unless the stream is having a dead air moment, you cant be bothered by the spam even if it is there cus its up and gone before you can even read enough to know its spam.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Upon further research some people are saying that Coco had to lay off having mods ban these accounts because third party account sellers were encouraging people to buy more accounts so that they could make more money?

fuck off with this slanderous bullshit
I'm not engaging more than that

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That shit makes me so upset. Like, do some people have literally nothing else to do with their lives? Absolutely pathetic. :/

Here, have an OkaKoro video to calm the mind.

Feb 22, 2018
Gura is going mad while reading super chats right now, doing crazy stuff with her model, and making fun of spammers. Cant wait to see the clips of this.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

just fuckin love nationalism + capitalism, my favourite things

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's Hayama Karin's birthday (of Nijisanji fame), and she's doing a full clear/no sleep run of the new Ghosts & Goblins. It's just going on Hour 15 now. I think despair is starting to sink in. You have to admire her determination.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
It's Hayama Karin's birthday (of Nijisanji fame), and she's doing a full clear/no sleep run of the new Ghosts & Goblins. It's just going on Hour 15 now. I think despair is starting to sink in. You have to admire her determination.

I've caught bits of her apex streams before when they've shown up in my recommended and I wasn't doing much else.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've caught bits of her apex streams before when they've shown up in my recommended and I wasn't doing much else.
I've only watched Aqua's Apex streams, I'll have to check out hers in the future!

She ended up switching the difficulty, and can't say that I blame her. Coming up to 16 hours now and the last half of the game is...rough. She put in a good fight, no shame in that.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 month): inflammatory commentary over a series of posts
fuck off with this slanderous bullshit
I'm not engaging more than that
I don't think that A.J. was saying anything bad. What he meant was, Coco was getting spammed, and the automatic response to that was to ban all the spammers. But there are people out there who make money by manually signing up for hundreds of fresh new Youtube accounts per-day, and then they sell those accounts. So banning the spammers doesn't really work to stop them, because the spammer can just buy a pack of 1000 new Youtube accounts, and keep on going. The only effect of mass-banning basic accounts is to put money into the pockets of Youtube account resellers.

So Coco decided to restrict her chat to members-only. Since the minimum membership is like $5, that means that upgrading a pack of 1000 free Youtube accounts to 1000 Coco-membership-enabled Youtube accounts costs the spammers $5000. That didn't stop the spam, but it reduced the spam, because now every spam costs the spammer $5 to send, and it adds a few more steps to the sign-up process.

Is that why Coco hasn't collaborated with the EN crew?
Someone recently asked Kiara if she was going to collab with Coco, and Kiara said that's a question of when, not if. Kiara's definitely gonna collab with Coco.

When a confused person in Kiara's chat asked why that was even a question, someone else said that Coco is holding off on asking for collabs with HoloEN, since she know that (as just happened with Flare) the Chinese antis are dead set on trying to prove that China is a worthless trash country by attacking Coco, stalking her 24/7, and trying to isolate her by attacking anyone who comes into contact with her. Coco knows it's happening, so she's trying to do HoloEN a favor by withdrawing (which is pretty much giving the Chinese antis exactly what they want, they want her to be alone. This is also why they try to undermine Cover at any opportunity, to say that Coco would be better off if she left the organization, because they know it would weaken her, so they lie and claim it would make her stronger if she left).

iirc she messaged one of EN's managers for a colab with them but management just ignored her message.
Managers have an obligation to protect their talent, and sometimes that means they have to be the bad guy, like Coco's manager blocking Coco from collabing with Projekt Melody.

But managers also have an obligation to protect Hololive/Cover, which is why they should all be coming to Coco's defense here. They should be putting up a united front, instead of hanging Coco out to dry like a sacrificial lamb. Because if you won't stick up for Coco, why would anyone stick up for you? I think they should defend Vtubers in general, and it's a no-brainer that they should help a co-worker. If Enma/Jenma/Calli's unnamed manager ghosted Coco, not only is that extremely rude, to an innocent victim, but it was the wrong call, IMO. It's a shortsighted way of protecting your talent, which seems helpful in the short term, but only hurts you in the long term.

Edit: Semi related.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been on and off game programming for a long while now but my latest hiatus might be my longest...

Thus as I've been just doing stuff today, I came to the idea... Why not stream the programming? I'll be up front that I'm a novice but I think that adding my programming to a schedule like this will not only help but also be unique entertainment (obviously some already do this but it's obviously a very tiny tiny minority).

I wouldn't stop streaming games, but breaking up game streams with programming streams could be a nice change of pace.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
since she know that (as just happened with Flare) the Chinese antis are dead set on trying to prove that China is a worthless trash country by attacking Coco, stalking her 24/7, and trying to isolate her by attacking anyone who comes into contact with her. Coco knows it's happening, so she's trying to do HoloEN a favor by withdrawing (which is pretty much giving the Chinese antis exactly what they want, they want her to be alone.
hey so i'm in agreement about how awful the nationalist antis are and that the ccp itself are clowns but can we not use a handful of shitty losers be contributors that 'prove' a whole country, that people all around the world are from, is 'worthless trash'.

just putting that out there. thanks.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that A.J. was saying anything bad. What he meant was, Coco was getting spammed, and the automatic response to that was to ban all the spammers. But there are people out there who make money by manually signing up for hundreds of fresh new Youtube accounts per-day, and then they sell those accounts. So banning the spammers doesn't really work to stop them, because the spammer can just buy a pack of 1000 new Youtube accounts, and keep on going. The only effect of mass-banning basic accounts is to put money into the pockets of Youtube account resellers.

So Coco decided to restrict her chat to members-only. Since the minimum membership is like $5, that means that upgrading a pack of 1000 free Youtube accounts to 1000 Coco-membership-enabled Youtube accounts costs the spammers $5000. That didn't stop the spam, but it reduced the spam, because now every spam costs the spammer $5 to send, and it adds a few more steps to the sign-up process.
Looks understandable, if that was the intent of AJ's post. AJ's phasing was poor to me, so I'll leave my posts as is for all to see my misunderstanding.
hey so i'm in agreement about how awful the nationalist antis are and that the ccp itself are clowns but can we not use a handful of shitty losers be contributors that 'prove' a whole country, that people all around the world are from, is 'worthless trash'.

Looks like the intent of the message was that a handful of people are contributing to giving a country a bad reputation, and Cheerilee was not trying to say that the country is a trash country. Wording and phrasing around sensitive subjects can easily lead to misunderstandings.

Last edited:

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
But managers also have an obligation to protect Hololive/Cover, which is why they should all be coming to Coco's defense here. They should be putting up a united front, instead of hanging Coco out to dry like a sacrificial lamb. Because if you won't stick up for Coco, why would anyone stick up for you? I think they should defend Vtubers in general, and it's a no-brainer that they should help a co-worker. If Enma/Jenma/Calli's unnamed manager ghosted Coco, not only is that extremely rude, to an innocent victim, but it was the wrong call, IMO. It's a shortsighted way of protecting your talent, which seems helpful in the short term, but only hurts you in the long term.

I think the recent Among Us collab was a step in the right direction, but it took them too fucking long to do it. I guess Cover's original strategy of "just waiting until the storm passes" wasn't as effective as they hoped.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the intent of the message was that a handful of people are contributing to giving a country a bad reputation, and Cheerilee was not trying to say that the country is a trash country. Wording and phrasing around sensitive subjects can easily lead to misunderstandings.
i don't think they were trying to either, hence why they prefaced it with 'trying to' but i think it's just really easy to not write sentences like that to begin with. as terrible as the coco/nationalist anti situation is you can communicate how awful the antis are without making them out to be reflective (potentially or otherwise) of an entire country and people

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't mean to antagonize any innocent Chinese people, or people of Chinese descent, but these particular antis believe that Coco insulted China, and in their attempt to restore China's honor they're showing their own hairy asses. Again and again and again. They're not proving the greatness of China, they're proving the shit of China. Every time these assholes pull up a keyboard, they destroy China's reputation just a little bit more. It's not really realistic to avoid referring to the country of "China" when the country (and it's reputation) is a central issue here. The country (and it's reputation) is what the antis are fighting to protect, and it's what they shame with their efforts.

I'm sorry for any Chinese people who have to put up with these assholes. If it's any consolation, American has had to put up with MAGA assholes "making America great again" (barf) for more than four years now (and this cancer is spilling up north into my country too).

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
So uh.... I was wearing the new Mel's T shirt and ordered something on Uber eats. The delivery guy greeted me with Konkapu...
I don't know what to feel.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Just saw the clip of Kiara saying that she been getting hate comments, really mad me sad and angry.
She is so wholesome, she doesn't deserve it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just realized Ollie crossed 500k. She's quickly becoming HoloID's biggest breakout talent it feels like. I wonder if she'll end up eventually passing Moona.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Coco is going to get arrested for mistranslating Waifu lol

Edit: She got away and the sin is now on Okayu lol

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see this in the coco video above. But when flair went membership only, she was bombarded with memberships which is really nice. I'm sure there were a bunch of coco fans doing that to show support.

Status
Not open for further replies.