• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I think they're teasing a new game too. One of the hosts said "I thought you were announcing a new game!" and the other replied with "oops, we'd love to explain it all but we're running out of time, stay tuned!"

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
I shall pressume you can't do anything eSports related with the Virtua Fighter IP unless it's paired with a novelty, right? This has to be they are working on a new game...

...Either that or SEGA's gonna launch a esports team that's called "The Virtua Fighters" or something like that who knows

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I can't really parse whether this is good news or not but since it's VF related I'm going to say it's probably not.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My money is on Virtua Figther 6 with a huge focus on eSports.

Anyway more Virtua Fighter is always great news!! Hope we got more info soon

Jun 5, 2020
The meltdowns if it were a Xbox Series X exclusive would be entertaining enough for me to not care about it coming to PS5, lol.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good translate indicates they're rebooting the franchise with a new esports-oriented game.

WELL SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEET

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I shall pressume you can't do anything eSports related with the Virtua Fighter IP unless it's paired with a novelty, right? This has to be they are working on a new game...

...Either that or SEGA's gonna launch a esports team that's called "The Virtua Fighters" or something like that who knows

Knowing how japan always does this kind of shit it's totally the second one

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. I can't tell you how much a new VF would excite me. Time to dig out the stick and start practicing with my Sarah.
THEY JUST ANNOUNCED NOTHING.
giphy.gif

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Sega acknowledge Virtua Fighter

Coming soon: Virtua Fighter....MEGADRIVE VERSION TO ALL PLATFORMS

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Tekken 7 esport team called like that would be funny

If this is a reboot, hope they keep game mechanics and movements. So many memory muscle already