• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.thisisinsider.com/sarah-wilson-committed-suicide-handcuffed-chesapeake-police-2019-3

Officials in Virginia say a 19-year-old woman died from a self-inflicted gunshot to the face while her hands were cuffed behind her back.

Sarah Wilson was handcuffed during a traffic stop in Chesapeake, Virginia, on July 25, 2018, when she took a gun out of her boyfriend's car, "contorted" her body, and shot her self, Chesapeake Police Spokesman Leo Kosinski told WAVY in August 2018.

On Friday, after an official investigation into the incident, Virginia's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner confirmed to WAVY that Wilson committed suicide and died from an "intra-oral gunshot wound."

At the time of Wilson's death, Kosinski said that one officer involved in the traffic stop was wearing a body camera but it had been knocked offline.

Wilson and her boyfriend, 27-year-old Holden Medlin, had been under the surveillance of a patrol officer and a vice narcotics officer with the Chesapeake Police before the traffic stop.

Once they were pulled over, Medlin tried to flee the scene, so officers left a handcuffed Wilson by the passenger side of her boyfriend's vehicle while they tried to subdue Medlin by tasing him.

It was then that Wilson got a gun out of her boyfriend's vehicle and shot her self, police said.

The officer who was wearing a body cam said the camera went offline "during the struggle" with Medlin, ABC 13 reported at the time.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they executed her. 100%.

But man. Imagine if that was actually true and was what actually happened. Try getting people to believe that. Holy fuck.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
tenor.gif

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This happened a few years ago with a Black handcuffed suspect, I forget what state. Probably nothing happened with that case.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
At the time of Wilson's death, Kosinski said that one officer involved in the traffic stop was wearing a body camera but it had been knocked offline.
That's a really weird way of saying they murdered her.
I mean yeah I guess it's possible but this sounds really, really unlikely.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, it is possible to contort your arms from behind you to in front, especially for a smaller woman. Story sounds super suspicious though.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
people are so quick to assume to worst about the police, instead of believing that a series of unlikely coincidences all happened at the same time. sad!

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Bullshit, one she had her hand behind her back. Two, why does she have a weapon if she's handcuffed? They search you while handcuffed.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the suicide note she wrote in handcuffs right before explains why she did it.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I understand they don't wanna open themselves to lawsuits but it's amazing how the news just repeats word for word such impossible police statements like "She shot herself in the mouth with her hands handcuffed behind her back."

Like how can that actually be published straight?

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
An independent autopsy would pretty easily be able to identify multiple things that could disprove this story, mainly entry wound direction and distance from the body the gun was shot.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Was that Dick Gently by Douglas Adams where a guy was tied to a chair and got his head chopped off and the police concluded on a suicide?

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so like... it says she was just left by herself handcuffed when it happened, what scuffle caused the body cam to go offline?

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I'm curious why you would handcuff a person and leave them by the side of the car, and go all the way to the other side of the car to help detain the other person. Even if she didn't shoot herself, what if she ran off? What if instead of contorting around to shoot herself, she contorted to shoot at the officers instead? Seems like a really stupid thing to do is just leave her there.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
"Your father claims you held his head underwater and tried to drown him."

"I don't know how these stories get started! I was trying...to get a grip on his hair. So that I could pull him out."

"..."

"That makes sense, doesn't it?"

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should hire some world class contortionists to try and act out how this allegedly went down. I'd love to know how flexible one has to be to pull off that kind of shot (or whether it's humanly possible for that matter).

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Body cam manufacturers really need to fix this recurring issue where they stop functioning as intended immediately preceding incidents where they'd be most useful.

HaNotsri

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This happened a few years ago with a Black handcuffed suspect, I forget what state. Probably nothing happened with that case.
Sometimes people just get the urge to suck on a gun and accidentally puts their tongue out pushing the trigger. A weird thing is that it seems really hard to recreate this action in front of a camera, but as soon as the camera is turned off people start sucking guns.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I live in Chesapeake and these cops are full of shit. Me and my mom got pulled over one day and the first thing the cop said to my mom was "when was the last time you smoked?" My mom was like excuse me?

That evolved into the cop saying that he smells pot coming from out of the car multiple times. Tried to call my mom a liar, saying he knows what it smells like and that he needed to do a search of the vehicle. No one in my family even smokes...

I'm not even a fuck the police kind of guy but they're def on some bs.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone fucking stupid enough to believe the bullshit story from the bacon? Rest in peace to the victim.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
So they have footage of the incident up until the fight "knocked the camera offline" right?

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible to fully rotate your shoulders with hand cuffs with proper shoulder mobility, but to shoot yourself in the face.

That's too much