• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Who said protests don't make a difference.

Raise your voice and it gets heard.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good.

Is there some sort of listing with all the Confederate statues remaining in the US ?

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
My father's gonna be piiiiisssed.

Meanwhile me in the other room:

thumb_jim-halpert-smiling-through-blinds-meming-wiki-52371077.png

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of the biggest FU's to Lee since they turned his wife's home into Arlington National Cemetery.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Take down all the traitors' monument and flags on public lands. All of them.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
This was actually a long time coming. Richmond wanted to remove the statue but couldn't because of a law that prevented local governments from removing "historic" statues. When the democrats took control of all parts of the state government, they did away with the law.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Good, but there's still work to be done there.

Especially that eyesore of statue for Jefferson Davis. Can't even argue he was a noble soldier or shit.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
white house interns grabbing and swallowing phone to make sure trump doesn't tweet out "our beautiful historic statues of very strong great tough men are being destroyed!"

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. The only time a Confederate statue type of thing would make sense is in a Civil War museum, having them out in public is so stupid.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
So many more things like this need to happen, this is a big one with how much Lee is lionized. That said you cant just flat out destroy stuff from this era, you can never forget what happened. Put it in a " Never Again" museum or something

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Ralph Northam been doing work recently

Low-key want to move to VA recently, especially after he gun control measures that the State Congress passed

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That dumbass dude abandoned the union to fight for his home state that seceded. And his home state is about to remove him from existence.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
So many more things like this need to happen, this is a big one with how much Lee is lionized. That said you cant just flat out destroy stuff from this era, you can never forget what happened. Put it in a " Never Again" museum or something
Someone correct me if Im wrong, but the vast majority of these statues aren't even from the Civil War era. They were erected afterwards by the Daughters of the Confederacy

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone correct me if Im wrong, but the vast majority of these statues aren't even from the Civil War era. They were erected afterwards by the Daughters of the Confederacy
Most of them yes.

Tbh I want this done one of two ways.

1. Let protesters have at it.

2. If you want officials to do it make it a ceremony, very publicized

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
A statue of an asshole from the era doesn't count as something from the era. That's the bullshit argument they try, almost all these statues are cheap mass produced crap from the 20th century paid for by the UDC or KKK, surges of them (and renaming of schools to Confederates) conveniently corresponding to major movements for black Americans.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about all the high schools named after him next?

The must be a thousand of them here in Texas. Hell, one school near me literally had the confederate flag flying in their football stadium when I was a student (graduated 2004).