• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Window

Oct 27, 2017

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bezos has such tiny dick syndrome.

neither of these flights even matter. They are competing in a competition they already lost years ago. SpaceX Capsule is taking people 4 times the distance either of these crafts will achieve this week. If Bezos spent half as much attention on Blue Origin as he has had on this little "competition" maybe Blue Origin wouldn't be a complete joke known only for its Penis Rocket

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
LOL at that chart. Space X is hauling people and equipment up to the ISS already. Theyre already way behind.

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
as Scott Manley would say fly safe

In 9 days, Blue Origin flight with Bezos will take off. Funny seeing the competition between them.
lol everyone was blasting them for that tweet they had to do some ''damage control'' afterward

They are competing in a competition they already lost years ago.
indeed but to branson ''credit'' he does have virgin orbit which actually put payload in orbit unlike blue which so far has put nothing, hell blue can't even deliver engines to ULA
arstechnica.com

Increasingly, the ULA-Blue Origin marriage is an unhappy one

"It does no good to throw Blue Origin under the bus."

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
fl
as Scott Manley would say ''fly safe''

lol everyone was blasting them for that tweet they had to do some ''damage control'' afterward

indeed but to branson ''credit'' he does have virgin orbit which actually put payload in orbit unlike blue which so far has put nothing, hell blue can't even deliver engines to ULA
arstechnica.com

Increasingly, the ULA-Blue Origin marriage is an unhappy one

"It does no good to throw Blue Origin under the bus."

I love scott manley

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both are pathetic vanity projects. I find it hilarious that Bezos had to get his PR goons to spin about the Virgin flight so he can sleep easy at night in the knowledge that people still think he did it first. And Branson's only going up early because Bezos announced his flight. Utterly pathetic.

If Branson and Bezos love space so much, why don't they both fuck off up there and not come back down again? The vast emptiness of it is probably the only place that can properly store their overinflated egos.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
That tweet from Blue Origin. Yikes.

On the subject of them not being able to get engines to ULA, Smarter Everyday on YouTube has a few great videos with the CEO of ULA as they walk around the factory and ride the building as it pulls away from a Delta 4 Heavy prepped for launch.

Also this.

Oct 27, 2017
If Branson and Bezos love space so much, why don't they both fuck off up there and not come back down again? The vast emptiness of it is probably the only place that can properly store their overinflated egos.

We are all hyped for this event, for various reasons.

JPYIdxE.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't give less of a shit about these rich pricks and their vanity projects.
Nothing about this is for goodwill, exploration or the betterment of mankind.

People love the idea of these rockets, the tech and privatised space so much they forget who's doing it and for what reasons.

I can't even escape to the one place not corrupted by capitalism…

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Haha remember when billionaire Richard Branson immediately laid off huge numbers of his staff at the start of covid because he couldn't afford to keep them on.

Oct 26, 2017
While I couldn't care less for these dick measuring contests, at least they're putting money and research and actual useful people into space, which is more than what most billionaires do with their infinite money.

Oct 25, 2017
I read on the BBC that Stephen Colbert is hosting the event, which is pretty lol to me. Space jokes, look in awe at what'll probably look like a regular plane takeoff, easy money.

navanman

Oct 27, 2017
Dublin
We should be celebrating this as an achievement in the history of the human race, but it's being lead by 2 of the biggest egomaniacal assholes around.
Thinking about it SpaceX, it also has the biggest egomaniacal asshole as it's PR figurehead.

Last edited:

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I couldn't give less of a shit about these rich pricks and their vanity projects.
Nothing about this is for goodwill, exploration or the betterment of mankind.

People love the idea of these rockets, the tech and privatised space so much they forget who's doing it and for what reasons.

I can't even escape to the one place not corrupted by capitalism…

Ok

I know its cool to hate capitalism and honestly its cruel in so many ways.

But please every step forward to space travel and exploration is a good one, even if its fueled by money and greed eventually.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Ok

I know its cool to hate capitalism and honestly its cruel in so many ways.

But please every step forward to space travel and exploration is a good one, even if its fueled by money and greed eventually.

The way it's going down here on planet earth climate wise i don't see the good to be honest, it's nice we're able to do it i suppose.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
The way it's going down here on planet earth climate wise i don't see the good to be honest, it's nice we're able to do it i suppose.

The only option for humanity longer term is to move to space eventually. We're going to run out of resources here and eventually we or something will kill the earth. To ensure our species survival we have to escape the grips of earth's gravity somehow.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
The only option for humanity longer term is to move to space eventually. We're going to run out of resources here and eventually we or something will kill the earth. To ensure our species survival we have to escape the grips of earth's gravity somehow.

seeing as very likely we are going to be the ones ruining the earth does our species deserve to survive after we destroy this place? Especially when we'll just go on and ruin some where else?

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere

I don't see it. Maybe I've become disillusioned with the sci-fi vision of it but... I don't trust humans to take care of our home planet, so I don't trust them to do any better with whatever dusty rock we colonize.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
seeing as very likely we are going to be the ones ruining the earth does our species deserve to survive after we destroy this place? Especially when we'll just go on and ruin some where else?

Whether or not we're a shitheap of a species it's very possible we're the only intelligent life in the universe and I would like it if our species could survive as long as physically possible. There's good humans, imagine what good humans could do with future tech.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Space colonization will drive R&D in resource-constrained technology like no other will. From how we make food, to highly nutritional food, to durable clothing, to energy storage, to water usage reduction.

You might think we should be investing in such research now but no government anywhere is doing so to begin with.

Edit: ITT people whine about sending robots to Mars or landing on the moon.

Oct 25, 2017

so like, humanity should commit suicide effectively? I don't get comments like these.

also, the people destroying the world now are not going to be alive in a hundred years. There are many, many good and innocent people who are actively trying to improve our plight, and there will be be generations more doing the same.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happening on a few hours from now. See below link for Livestream

youtu.be

WATCH LIVE: Virgin Galactic Unity 22 Spaceflight Livestream

On July 11, 2021 Virgin Galactic flew its first fully crewed rocket powered test flight, which welcomed the beginning of a new space age. Aboard #Unity22 was...

In 9 days, Blue Origin flight with Bezos will take off. Funny seeing the competition between them.

With all those billions, wouldn't it be cheaper to get penis surgery or something?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We interrupt this Euro football final to bring you breaking news……Brandon has

Are we getting cockpit footage or anything or just an outside take off view?

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind this might be a long flight. Especially if they start from boarding. The carrier aircraft takes a long time to reach launch altitude, and the glide back takes extra time also. All for about a few min of free fall. I think it takes about 2 hours? in total.