• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
What I really want to see is just someone peeing on these proud boys or smearing poop on their face. That's more down to their level.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
No one should be blaming Trump supporters for provoking. No one should be justifying any of this. This is fucked up behavior from the anti Trump crowd and they need to be shamed and ignored. This is going set us back literally years, as it justifies Trumpers in their hatred for the entire Biden term.

No.

so you really just gonna waltz in here trying to frame only the parts of the incidents that support your opinion, pretending videos of the Trump supporters initially starting fights don't exist, and completely ignoring the first sentence of own your post, stating the Trump supporters provoked/instigated a response.

why shouldn't we be blaming them for starting shit?

last I checked, DC is mostly black, almost all Democrat, and nearly 100% Anti-Trump. These Proud boys, supremacist, nazis and other Trump supporters came to their home and started assaulting people.
it's very curious how the police never seemed to intervene in any meaningful or forceful way regardless of the violence on display. but please, let's condemn the anti-protestors for defending themselves or responding in kind when apparently the police don't seem to give a shit.

not condoning all the actions/reactions, but to selectively point fingers at the locals for being tired of the bullshit, and not the visiting protestors for starting the bullshit, is bullshit.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
They already do this. No matter what, they'll feel justified.
I get it. I really do. But soon I have to go visit ignorant-ass Trump-supporting family. I thought there was a chance things could be civil, but now I have a feeling that it's going to be three days of "So here's Biden's version of unity and healing, huh?!"

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
I get it. I really do. But soon I have to go visit ignorant-ass Trump-supporting family. I thought there was a chance things could be civil, but now I have a feeling that it's going to be three days of "So here's Biden's version of unity and healing, huh?!"

They will do that regardless. They don't argue in good faith. You can't have unity and healing with a group of people that don't want it. Or with Nazis.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
they're going to do that regardless of what happens. you know this. they're fucking fragile loser snowflakes always looking for fight.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I think it's safe to say any kind of rally is gonna go side ways. Especially if proud boys are there, and they're always there.

Leave your kids at home.

That's the thing. Should you be able to bring kids to a rally? I mean yeah, it's your right ain't it (even if I still find it strange parents do this). But based off the past 4 years where cops are macing kids, grown ass adults are getting trampled, guns are being brought out in public and some are even being used against others...what goes through your mind when it comes to weighing the risks and still bringing a harmless child who can't even grasp the magnitude of what their parent is indoctrinating onto them?

People out here don't give a shit about you and yours safety, clearly. And this doesn't mean I'm excusing attacking a woman with a stroller.

Just leave the kids at home, for crying out loud, and go rally for Trump yourself. I didn't think the notion of that was a point of contention on Era. Lol.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a shit about their feelings or whether anyone is mean to them. But trending videos like these are only going to fuel them and enable them to justify themselves in their thinking.

And I don't give a shit whether they feel "justified." They aren't.

No offense, but it's not people's duty to moderate their response to Trump supporters starting shit so you can have a quiet Thanksgiving

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
No one should be blaming Trump supporters for provoking. No one should be justifying any of this. This is fucked up behavior from the anti Trump crowd and they need to be shamed and ignored. This is going set us back literally years, as it justifies Trumpers in their hatred for the entire Biden term.

No.
Seems kind of stupid to think a ton of Nazis/fascists (including known violent gangs) can be in the same place as a bunch of anti-Nazi counter protestors and for there to be no violence. Also seems kind of stupid to jump to "can't blame the Nazis" over a handful of edited videos among thousands of people.

And the most idiotic thing you could do is ignore giant Nazi crowds and let them do whatever they want.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
God fucking help us. I need someone to tell me that the next four years are going to be better. I can't weather another season of life like the one we just endured. And this is coming from a white guy who still has a job. Sometimes I fear that we're too far gone as a country, and that as long as social media is around, extreme partisan politics are going to radicalize half of the country against the other half, perennially.

No offense, but it's not people's duty to moderate their response to Trump supporters starting shit so you can have a quiet Thanksgiving

I'm not the only one who has to live in close quarters with these people, but thanks for trivializing the experience.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man

so you are saying ignore them? They will not stop. They legitimately beleive trump won. They are spewing lies and violence wherever they can.

By your own logic, maybe you should ignore and shame your own family?

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Trump supporters would call these people violent, radical leftists even if they were 100% peaceful. People need to stop acting like this feeds into Trump's narrative. These MAGA losers went looking for a fight and found one.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
By your own words, maybe you should ignore and shame your own family?
I should. At least I think I should. It would wreck my mom's relationship with her direct family, and it would wreck my relationship with my wife's family. I would ruin their lives (my mom and wife) in significant ways. Neither of them are Trump supporters, but is it going to be me who forces this upon them and insists it's the right thing to do? It's not an easy choice to make, and anyone who says it is hasn't had to do it. If I lived alone and wasn't married it would be so much simpler.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
God fucking help us. I need someone to tell me that the next four years are going to be better. I can't weather another season of life like the one we just endured. And this is coming from a white guy who still has a job. Sometimes I fear that we're too far gone as a country, and that as long as social media is around, extreme partisan politics are going to radicalize half of the country against the other half, perennially.

I'm not the only one who has to live in close quarters with these people, but thanks for trivializing the experience.

My sentiments exactly. The right is gonna provoke, and since they lost, they'll instigate harder. The left will respond. The media will continue pouring fuel on a destructive partisan fire, and collect the insurance when it's all burned down.

Round and round we go

Oct 28, 2017
"You know I was really onboard with not being a nazi until you guys got too mean with the nazis."
Yea, sucker punching a guy from behind, on camera no less, is an excellent life choice ... get arrested for felony assault, get caught up in a racist judicial system, fuck up your future. Really changing hearts and minds there

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Do you know how it sounds to complain about fighting with Nazi gangs just because your fanily members will say a bunch of stupid shit? Should we care about your personal family relationship above thousands of Nazis marching around our nation's capital?

And no, you don't have to visit your ignorant ass family. Medical experts specifically say you should avoid going to family get together. Applies doubly to you since ignorant ass Trump lovers are far less likely to be taking proper precautions. Experts expect this exact sort of thing to make our bad pandemic much worse this winter. Governors across the country are saying to cancel family Thanksgiving plans. Why do you think this doesn't apply to you? How many bodies is eating turkey with terrible people worth?

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Do you know how it sounds to complain about fighting with Nazi gangs just because your fanily members will say a bunch of stupid shit? Should we care about your personal family relationship above thousands of Nazis marching around our nation's capital?

And no, you don't have to visit your ignorant ass family. Medical experts specifically say you should avoid going to family get together. Applies doubly to you since ignorant ass Trump lovers are far less likely to be taking proper precautions. Experts expect this exact sort of thing to make our bad pandemic much worse this winter. Governors across the country are saying to cancel family Thanksgiving plans. Why do you think this doesn't apply to you? How many bodies is eating turkey with terrible people worth?
I won't be seeing anyone I don't normally see / have to see already. There will be six of us. Calm down.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
COVID is here, why visit family during this time when you have an absolute legitimate excuse not to?

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I won't be seeing anyone I don't normally see / have to see already. There will be six of us. Calm down.
Why do you have to see them? Do you think your Nazi loving trash family take proper precausions? You seem to think you're some special snowflake that has to be cattered to, so don't tell me to calm down. I'm sure the millions of other idiots holding family get togethers think they have special circumstances too as the bodybags pile up. I'm sure my cousin will appreciate getting corpses for Christmas.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
Because I'm married, and it's not just my decision. And it's a small gathering. Believe me, we had a long talk about it, but everyone involved has been tested negative within the last month.
covid tests tell you about the past, not the future.

but anyways. ignore them and change subjects whenever they bring something up. don't expect people to stop fighting in the streets to protect your mashed potato dinner.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Why do you have to see them? Do you think your Nazi loving trash family take proper precausions? You seem to think you're some special snowflake that has to be cattered to, so don't tell me to calm down. I'm sure the millions of other idiots holding family get togethers think they have special circumstances too as the bodybags pile up. I'm sure my cousin will appreciate getting corpses for Christmas.
This reads like a gaslighting 4chan post. I'm going to ignore you, and I suggest you do the same for me so we don't have to run into each other in any other threads. I apologize to everyone else ITT for being the source of some derailment.

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, sucker punching a guy from behind, on camera no less, is an excellent life choice ... get arrested for felony assault, get caught up in a racist judicial system, fuck up your future. Really changing hearts and minds there
People like you are really susceptible to Andy Ngo's bullshit and it's sad. You obviously only care about the bold only to the degree that you can use it to pacify people.

"Behave, so I can have better interactions with my racist ass family."

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Ivanka and Crenshaw are saying the LEFT are responsible and of course, they are RTing the Ngo footage that was doctored.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I literally can only imagine. I hope things get better for all of us.
Things will not get better if right wingers are never held to account for their violence and hatred. This concern for leftist responses to violence and provocation are kicking the can down the road and ensuring these clashes will continue. So thanks. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man

Just saying, ignoring the problem won't make it go away.

Things will not get better if right wingers are never held to account for their violence and hatred. This concern for leftist responses to violence and provocation are kicking the can down the road and ensuring these clashes will continue. So thanks. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

yes, this is what my high ass is trying to say. 100% agree.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Justice system and police infiltration by right-wingers is difficult to reverse. That's really where efforts must be made above all.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck all of that. The right are always playing the mental game with their doctored photos and propaganda. The only person that the left us to push truth is Rex Chapman on Twitter.

sad

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Justice system and police infiltration by right-wingers is difficult to reverse. That's really where efforts must be made above all.
Agreed, but I think efforts need to be made on every front. We need to collectively ensure an environment where it is uncomfortable enough to not be worth the effort to be a Trump supporter. That means hard talks with one's social circle, it means deplatforming them from social media and larger networks, it means refusing business and employment to people who outwardly display their bigotry, it means fighting them in the street, it means greater funding for hate crime legislation and efforts, and on and on. No quarter should be given from any facet of society to anyone identifying as a Trump supporter.

Subsequently, that means positive reinforcement needs to be made on the back end to reward people and efforts towards creating a more inclusive environment. We should be highlighting, promoting, and donating to minority individuals and causes. We should be joining leftists political and advocacy groups to further our goals and increase positive socialization and thinking. We should be looking into ways to help transform our immediate neighborhoods into the kinds of neighborhoods we want to see across the whole country. We should all for increasing access to education, which includes increasing access to media that is made by and highlights minority perspectives, and on and on.

But, at the very least, the first step in all of this is in understanding that the left aren't the baddies here, and if your first instinct is instead to have a stern word with angry leftists on the Internet while waffling with the very real people in your life who voted to try and continue the country's descent into fascism, you're already starting off on the wrong foot.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
My point was that this has been the norm for us for.. well, damn near forever. You were just able to ignore it. Your post was dripping in that privilege.
That's exactly why I pointed out that I'm white and employed. I was trying to say "and my experience is far from the worst." If it's not something I feel convicted about, don't you think I would have omitted that entirely?

Oct 28, 2017
No, we're talking about your false concern over a misleading video of a guy who, seconds before, was pushing and kicking people in the head.

I saw the longer Reddit video and I saw him pushing people and threatening to punch people, but no kicks and no hands thrown. It's hard to know from any of these videos what caused things to escalate between him and the other people there.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I'm surprised it took this long to turn violent, makes me scared for what will happen around the time of inauguration if Trump still refuses to concede.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

As long as we tolerate Trump supporters like you're advocating, none of it will get better. These people need to suffer consequences for their hateful behavior. Not necessarily violent ones, but "can't we all just get along" is not a valid response to fascists. They have to be shown that they're wrong.

This.

I am so over this bullshit of the far-right doing shit and it gets glossed over if not flat out ignored vs. the left even sneezing wrong and all of a sudden, they're rioting degenerates who pick fights and cause chaos. This shit is old and the fact that some people even still buy into is infuriating.

Oct 27, 2017
This.

I am so over this bullshit of the far-right doing shit and it gets glossed over if not flat out ignored vs. the left even sneezing wrong and all of a sudden, they're rioting degenerates who pick fights and cause chaos. This shit is old and the fact that some people even still buy into is infuriating.
So, so, sooooo many people buy into it.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
This.

It's definitely an asymmetrical topic, as far as media coverage goes. Right wing violence, including dozens of murders over the last decade, is almost never covered as a systemic thing. Even when there are actual self-declared gangs of brawlers going out and starting fights on camera, repeatedly. Someone associated with the left breaks one window and it's worth tens of thousands of words of handwringing, where a far right murder means next to nothing.

Just look at how the main killings during the July uprisings were... some far right lunatics murdering security guards and cops in Oakland. Coverage straight up went quiet when it became clear who did it, because that wasn't the story of the moment.

The only time it seemed like something was going to change on this front was the Unite the Right attack, and all the associated violence (like the black kid who got cornered by several Nazis, beaten to a pulp, and then arrested himself, taking months to clear up what actually happened even though it was all documented). But that dissipated very quickly, as the Andy Ngo types relentlessly combed through footage to construct a false narrative of the day.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the longer Reddit video and I saw him pushing people and threatening to punch people, but no kicks and no hands thrown. It's hard to know from any of these videos what caused things to escalate between him and the other people there.

Potential causes of escalation include:
- Him being a fucking nazi

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This.

Trump caravan.. rams cars damn near off road. Media *crickets*, no "this is just what the left wants!!!" No "they should be better than that!!!"

The bar is so low for them as violence is expected so it's ignored. While the left is still responsible for that high road bullshit. Because they are adults.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

You have to visit them? Who's forcing you? Kidnapping is a serious crime.