• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
A string of violent clashes erupted in Washington, DC, on Saturday night, hours after large crowds of protesters marched through the city in support of President Donald Trump.

By nightfall, a number of anti-Trump counter-protesters and antifa members were brawling with Trump supporters and members of the far-right Proud Boys. The chaos left injuries and arrests on both sides, according to The Washington Post.

One person was stabbed and critically injured in one clash around 8:30 p.m., the DC fire department told NBC Washington, though it wasn't immediately clear who stabbed whom.

At least 10 people were arrested as of Saturday afternoon, four of them on gun charges and two on simple assault, according to NPR.

This thread feels a little one sided with the videos shown

Mod edit: contextless tweets removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
The fireworks caught me off guard. Scenes like the first video give Trump ammunition that his supporters are being attacked.

Whatever Healing Biden promised will be hard to achieve.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
So the anti-Trump group incited the violence against those poor Trump supporters at every opportunity.
Thanks for clarifying things Western media. You're doing good work.

<rolls eyes>

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I hate Trump as much as the next guy, and he holds the blame for insinuating this. However, I am not down with this at all. Maybe come January if he refuses to leave and his supporters back him then it's fair game, but right now I don't see what benefit this is to anyone.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised if this was an unannounced goal of this "protest". Watch the denunciations come in from Biden & co. now.

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn. A lot of this is intentionally provocative and a lot of it is from Trump supporters starting shit so as to draw violent reactions from counter-protestors. In the words of the Mad Max movie, that's bait.

However, they're also Nazis. And I'm pro bad things happening to Nazis.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I don't condone is going after a woman with her kids. They are innocent victims of their mother's dumbass actions.

That being said, if I ran across people who supports a president who supports white supremacists that want me dead, I'm not going to be sad if someone beats their ass. Nazis should be afraid to show their faces in public. Also, these selfish fucks are a large part of the reason why we can't get past Covid and see no problem holding a super spreader event during a global pandemic.

Last edited:

Burli

Nov 7, 2017
It's unnecessary for anti-protesters to get involved. The Democrats won and Trump will be leaving office; let the MAGA idiots protest their fake injustices alone and infect each other with covid. Don't put yourselves in harm's way and give the MAGA hats ammunition for their anti-left propaganda.

Oct 29, 2017
Space
I really don't care. Donald Trump's already being a little fucknut about leaving, his supporters still support his bullshit, and a few hundred thousand people are going to die because of Trump and his supporters. They can all fuck off. Time for them crawl back under their rocks and let the adults be in charge again.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
It's unnecessary for anti-protesters to get involved. The Democrats won and Trump will be leaving office; let the MAGA idiots protest their fake injustices alone and infect each other with covid. Don't put yourselves in harm's way and give the MAGA hats ammunition for their anti-left propaganda.
100% my thoughts too.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shame people are falling for this obvious bait and giving them ammunition to prove their claims.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
The amount of times counter protestors turn out to be right wing nut jobs still is enough times that I'm not believing the on the ground reporting just yet.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
How shameful! How disgusting!
Come on people we should be better than this.
Why can't we just let Trump and his supporters carry out this coup in peace?!

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Anti-Trump protesters shouldn't take this easy bait to put themselves in a position to get condemned.

We should be better than this.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I took a week off of posting but this OP prompted me to come back - signal boosting the Daily Caller and TownHall?

Posting into videos showing racists getting yelled at when folks got stabbed and beaten up by the Proud Boys? Come on.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Every trump supporter wants to toss around that he's the best because we haven't had a war in 4 years. But don't realize that's because we've been fighting ourselves the past 4 years.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UmeĂĄ, Sweden
Victim blaming is wrong on so many occasions.

However, for this moment I am not gonna give a shit and say their own fucking fault for waving his merchandise around being proud to support a racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic, rapist, paedophile of a goddamn inhuman, selfish monster. Don't walk into a massive crowd of anti-Trump demonstrators wearing a fucking MAGA hat.

winjet81

Oct 27, 2017
These Trump supporters are human filth and cannot be negotiated or reasoned with - they have no problem seeing your neighborhood burn down by their proud boys and police protectors, so good on these anti-nazi protesters for fighting back against their march of intimidation.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder how the US will ever come back, electing Trump was an act of a much deeper malaise.

ps3ud0 8)

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
The only one I see as being too much is the woman with the babystroller. The rest, eh, fuck'em. People keep saying crap like 'don't give them ammunition.' As if these people need ammunition; they don't function on the logical level. They're out here essentially 'protesting' to endorse a fascist overthrowing of the government and people going to pearl clutch about being mean to these assholes just because 'we won.' Especially, as others have noted, a lot of these reports come straight from the police, so how reliable they even are is up in the air so who knows how accurate it even is. The softness of liberals, man. Even when you have what is basically literal fascists openingly walking down the street, there's calls for civility. People are getting played, for sure, just not the way they think.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warning: Violent video

Reminder that these Nazi goons are out there starting shit and only showing the aftermath when they get beat back

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Stop giving Trump or his supporters the attention they want. Stop engaging and let them fall into irrelevance.

noodlesoup

Feb 21, 2018
Chicago, IL
I hope the anti-Trump protestors are realizing that these goons are trying to antagonize them into a fight where they can clip it, cook up a false story for it, and push it as propaganda in an attempt to further radicalize the average American on Facebook.

Don't give them attention.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Proud boys are out attacking people in the streets and the media message is gonna fawn over right wing victimhood

I agree with you but it's looking like a no win scenario here

They went there hoping to have counter protests to antagonize though. Just let then have their little pity party and leave them cry themselves to sleep.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Don't fall for their bait. This is exactly what they want and it's why they are trying so hard to provoke. Also I agree that the videos linked on this thread seems a bit one sided. What is up with that?

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
You absolutely know the white supremists were super hard waiting for someone to hurt them. The "if you don't like me fuck you" brand they have is basically sexually excited thinking about people attacking them, especially minorities. It's sogood.gif for them to have some shit to incite the base on Parler.

But on the other side, if nothing happens they can then say "look our protests are peaceful".

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not listening to this one sided shit, provoke and ask for fights then play victim when they get knocked out on the ground. Media will spin whatever clip they have to make the Trump magats look like peaceful victims.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
As it is, anti-fascist are in a losing battle when it comes to media perception. Everything gets twisted to make the anti-fascist look fascist and it works to the smooth brain majority. This is why I feel regardless of having a Democrat as the President; at some point the country is going all the way. Hell the government is already there. They've been extremely successful with their "free country" mask all the while putting their boots on the throat of the lower classes. Only when it goes to the point of no longer being sustainable will it start to crumble.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It is impossible to not give someone what they want if that person lives in a delusion where every act by their political opponents is inherently proof of victimhood.

Fuck these people.