• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This can't be real, this feels unreal. I've been listening to the bombast for so many years and at this point what even is giant bomb?

Liyfda

Oct 27, 2017
This is wild...holy shit... I mean Brad said it perfectly.

"I started this when I was 28 & now Im damn near 42." So I mean I'm excited to see what they do next!

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes, I felt that in my throat.
Surely they must be doing their own thing then? The timing of it and all.

Fuuck man.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I hardly ever watch Giantbomb anymore and honestly haven't since the first couple years of it, but that's so crazy to me. I respect these guys a lot. Wonder what they'll do. Makes me think they'll probably be getting out of the gaming personality space period, but who knows.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Jeff just join from CNET and then this happens?

wtf is going on...
My guess is paycuts, restructuring, or insurance related policy from the high ups.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hated people going "RIP GB" every time someone left but to me this is pretty much it. Without GBE and Brad too it's done.

Fuck.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Per Twitch: Everyone is leaving, only Jeff, Jan, and Jason are staying. Three people. That's it.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess this is the end for GB? It's fucking wild.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit.
Holy. Shit.

This are the words I never expected or wanted to hear. This is just pure despair.

I'm sorry for Jeff, really.

Oct 27, 2017
Insane. Although I listen to Giant Bomb largely for Jeff. I'm as curious to know where he stands in all this, as the people who are leaving.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this hurts. Hopefully they find something they enjoy doing going forward. Will miss all of them.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well. Guess it's done then. Best of luck to everyone.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Did something go down at Giant Bomb? All these folks leaving can't be unrelated, right?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The old joke of Jeff just streaming C64 games until the end of time really gonna become true

Oct 25, 2017
Absolute end of an era. Followed these guys at Gamespot and all the way through Giant Bomb. What a bummer. I wish them all the best and I hope they're stepping away from the site with full hearts and optimism for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.