• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I watched four episodes upto Thors' death and is there a point where it dramatically improves? So far this seems like standard anime schlock in a viking wrapping.
That's like the prologue to the prologue. There's a time skip after that (or very quickly after that) and it gets in to the real meat of the season.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give it another shot since it's just another episode but my issue isn't the overall plot because yea, it was obviously a prologue but the writing like the dumb anime duel.

If you continue the series you will see that this particular "dumb anime..." moment serves a purpose.

The rest of the series has a few anime moments to enhance the intensity of the action but they are rare.

You still have some character introductions/progressions to get thru but I think around ep 8 is when they get into the main plot of the season

Last edited:

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The finale finally showed up on the Brazilian Prime Video.

Holy crap.

What a beautiful ending. I hope the manga reprints show up here soon - I need to right this wrong and start reading it ASAP.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Hard disagree. The show is a 9/10 but the season finale is a mess. Worse than Berserk ep 25 in 1998 as that one (money run out for the planned ep 26) still left you with the epilogue and the pilot.
Just showing a collage of random people instead of giving closure or at least a stinger of Farmland Saga would have solved things and not leave viewers (this is Amazon!) with cofusion if the thing they watched got canned. How many aksed for ep 25 the next week? Having this one go a bit longer in another ep. and adapting the very next chapter where you end with seeing tired farmer Thorfinn emerge from the bushes would solve things and give you an actual "finale". S02 ain´t a given at all here. That said, anime of the year.

We finished with Vol 8 Chap 54 btw.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught the finale tonight and holy fuck, I love this show. Off to start the manga.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Just marathoned the last 4 episodes.

really great season

time to read the manga on comiXology

Last edited:

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hard disagree. The show is a 9/10 but the season finale is a mess. Worse than Berserk ep 25 in 1998 as that one (money run out for the planned ep 26) still left you with the epilogue and the pilot.
Just showing a collage of random people instead of giving closure or at least a stinger of Farmland Saga would have solved things and not leave viewers (this is Amazon!) with cofusion if the thing they watched got canned. How many aksed for ep 25 the next week? Having this one go a bit longer in another ep. and adapting the very next chapter where you end with seeing tired farmer Thorfinn emerge from the bushes would solve things and give you an actual "finale". S02 ain´t a given at all here. That said, anime of the year.

We finished with Vol 8 Chap 54 btw.

I think the resolution of Askeladd's arc feels a lot more resolute or contained than the end of Berserk, even if both were organic developments from previously established character work, Berserk just short of shocks you and leaves you with virtually no way to orient yourself in the new status quo.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Like I said, umop 3pisdn. The first Berserk ran out of budget to do ep. 26. That´s how Skullknight went missing too in the 3rd act. Hups. It at least got 2 sequel games. The Dreamcast one released only 1 year later.
Wit Studio showed 1 shot of farmer Tornif in a YT video and only in that one. The other shots are all in ep. 24. I think they know that ep. 24 ends in a weird place.
Even 30 more seconds could have helped this finale, which may or may not be a series finale. We´ll see.

There is now enough source material to do 1,9 seasons of this length and pacing btw.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like I said, umop 3pisdn. The first Berserk run out of budget to do ep. 26. That´s how Skullknight went missing too in the 3rd act. Hups.

Wit Studio showed 1 shot of farmer Tornif in a YT video and only in that one. The other shots are all in ep. 24. I think they know that ep. 24 ends in a weird place.

I still think the end of Askeladd's arc feels more conclusive or organic than the epilogue and first episode of Berserk, because as a viewers we've sort of been anticipating a resolution to his character the whole time through following Thorfinn, so as a shock or change to the status quo it's a lot more modest and having a feeling of 'coming full circle' imo.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
This shot is the resolution to our protagonist:
Vinland%20Saga%20-%2024%20-%2035.jpg

Berserk 1998 - Colorized. Like for real. Come on Wit. Even one OVA ep could solve this.